Printing out an entire topic

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Frayed Knot Arts

Frayed Knot Arts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Knotwork, fancywork, all things nautical AND traditional, blowing raspberries at frozen snot.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

So, let's say I want to print out a thread for storage on a removable drive so I can refer back to it  and not worry about the buggar being deleted down the road...

Under VBulletin's forum programmes there is a tab for "Forum Actions" and one of the sub-menus is "Show Printable Version", which gives you each page in succession which may be saved, one at a time.

I can't find any such function for the IP forum software and am wondering if I'm just missing it or if each "page" of posts in a thread must be saved in the viewing format.

(Clear as mud, innit?  Do ask if confused.  I did because I am!)

#2 4knotSB

4knotSB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

What's that little printer thingy right down there?

I

I

v

#3 Frayed Knot Arts

Frayed Knot Arts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Knotwork, fancywork, all things nautical AND traditional, blowing raspberries at frozen snot.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

I'm old and slow... don't see what you're talking about.

#4 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,505 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

I'm sure if you did a search you'd find the answer.

#5 Trov„o

Trov„o

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts
  • Interests:sailing (pretty obvious, uhmm)preferentially on boats with more than one hull ;D

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

print.png http://forums.sailin...cd0fa72965b139e

#6 Frayed Knot Arts

Frayed Knot Arts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Trovão:  Nice try, but I want to download and save the page to my HDD as an (htm) and (php) file for future reference, NOT insert a link to the page in question.  The difference being that once the page is modified or deleted on the original site, the link becomes invalid.

Mad:  Thanks.  Singularly unhelpful.  You try it.

4knotSB:  My problem with seeing what you were talking about revelaed itself when I chanced to sign in using Internet Destroyer instead of Firefox.  IE does, indeed, show a line of tools directly under the reply box which Mozilla based browsers do not read or show.  Once I signed in with IE it came up on screen, but I STILL have a problem:

When using the "download" button, nothing happens, no matter how long I wait.   If I go to FILE; SAVE PAGE AS in the top bar, it does try to save the page, but 80% is a black area with only a very small portion as readable text.

ANy ideas on that?  (WIN7-64b , WIN7 32b AND WIN-XP3!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users