280 replies to this topic

#1 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Lots of chatter between insiders that TE was fired.  Can anyone confirm this?

#2 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Lots of chatter between insiders that TE was fired.  Can anyone confirm this?

Fired from what, exactly?

As Vice Comm he was with Comm. Norbert B. representing the GGYC at the Port Commission meeting on Tuesday, so if he's out of some position it's unlikely that one. I posted a link to that Ferry Building meeting somewhere, it's a good watch.

#3 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

http://www.pressure-...p?3482-Cup-Dirt

...and in other cup related news...and this is rumor, and nothing but rumor, but it has
come from several sources supposedly in the inner circle, but repeat at this point
just a rumor:

Sources say that Russell Coutts was unhappy that Tom Ehman and Iain Murray worked together
to get Hamilton Island YC the position to be Challenger of Record.

Supposedly, Mr. Ehman was relieved of his duties as a consequence, by Mr Coutts.

Unclear if Iain Murray is effected in anyway however it is also unclear If Mr. Murray has connections
with Challenger of Record (Hamilton Island YC) if that effects standings of being an impartial head committee
member as part of the ACRM. It may well be that one stressful cycle of managing the America's Cup is more than enough!

Again, it's an unconfirmed rumor...If it's incorrect, our apologies in advance...but it's come from various sources and tem seem consistent...

#4 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Thanks. Interesting that the rumor is going around but again, TE is the Vice Comm of GGYC which is a members-elected position that RC has no authority over so..?

RC has always wished the lawyer types, the fix-it men, would just disappear as if that would also make the necessity to have them disappear. Said a couple pointed things in the SportProMedia article about that subject; it was in response to a question but maybe he said a little more off the record and that is what's spreading, or growing legs.
edit, this one
http://www.sportspro...uture_of_the_am

#5 coaster1

coaster1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

This may be outside of GGYC and his staff position - two separate roles.

And I'd assume if it was with GGYC, RC's influence with LE might play a role. Not the first time a ballot box has been stuffed at the club and the results locked up.

#6 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

I hope Tom doesn't hear about getting Sacked  :)

#7 PeterHuston

PeterHuston

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,074 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

...and in other cup related news...and this is rumor, and nothing but rumor, but it has
come from several sources supposedly in the inner circle, but repeat at this point
just a rumor:

Sources say that Russell Coutts was unhappy that Tom Ehman and Iain Murray worked together

Supposedly, Mr. Ehman was relieved of his duties as a consequence, by Mr Coutts.

Unclear if Iain Murray is effected in anyway however it is also unclear If Mr. Murray has connections
with Challenger of Record (Hamilton Island YC) if that effects standings of being an impartial head committee
member as part of the ACRM. It may well be that one stressful cycle of managing the America's Cup is more than enough!

Again, it's an unconfirmed rumor...If it's incorrect, our apologies in advance...but it's come from various sources and tem seem consistent...

Did the author of this story pick up the phone and ask Ehman for comment?

#8 coaster1

coaster1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

just a rumor:

Have you ?

Maybe you can enlighten us - I'm sure you would know.

#9 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

Yes, am curious too, why not?

#10 coaster1

coaster1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

Well pick up the phone - not too hard.

If you want to put the rumor to rest, easy to do.

#11 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

Yes, I could try calling but PH suggests he already did and so I am not going to bug the guy suddenly over something he likely already answered. He must surely have better things going on, on a Friday eve, than take a call from me.

Again, RC would have little to no power to have suddenly un-elected TE even if he'd wanted to and so the rumor sounds a little dubious.

#12 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • Interests:Finding spoog for my face.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

The guy apologizes for not being sure.
Only a hack would do that. He's just throwing crap against the wall and hoping...

#13 coaster1

coaster1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

Yes, I could try calling but PH suggests he already did and so I am not going to bug the guy suddenly over something he likely already answered. He must surely have better things going on, on a Friday eve, than take a call from me.

Again, RC would have little to no power to have suddenly un-elected TE even if he'd wanted to and so the rumor sounds a little dubious.

I'd think if it were nothing more than a rumor he'd be happy to squelch it which would take all of 3 minutes.

Not sure this is solely limited to his role with the club, but given politics stranger things have happened, although not immediately especially in a private club.

#14 PeterHuston

PeterHuston

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,074 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

just a rumor:

Have you ?

Yeah, I spoke with Ehman about this after I read about it.

But I'm not inclined to answer questions to people who hide behind a screen name.

#15 HHN92

HHN92

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,933 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie & Chevrolets, History,1970 Chevelle SS

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

TE knows who I am, so, what's the truth? The story sounds fishy to me, especially if TE was with NB just recently.

#16 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

Called

The number you have dialed has been disconnected - but don't tell anyone beeeeeeeeep :-0

#17 mo fuzz

mo fuzz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

Related?

Anyone know what became of this, if anything?

http://www.sailingsc...claim-cup-jury/

I know it is Scuttlef*ck but haven't seen any update

Ehman made his own veiled claims of cheating to a journalist from The Independent in London. But Team NZ have rejected the claim and were preparing an application to the jury under the same Article 60 of the protocol (bringing the Cup into disrepute) and Rule 69 of the rules of sailing (gross misconduct) as were taken against Oracle. - See more at: http://www.sailingsc...h.1sgcGviK.dpuf

Or was this more rumor planting?

Let go from ACEA but not GGYC?

#18 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,323 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Dalts told me that reporter had jumped about two extra steps from where ETNZ were with the situation.  Par for the course for most of the conventional publications.

#19 sdmoonshadow

sdmoonshadow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

Dalts told me that reporter had jumped about two extra steps from where ETNZ were with the situation.  Par for the course for most of the conventional publications.

Right.  Because you unconventional types at SA conduct yourselves to a higher standard.  Give me a fucking break.

#20 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,323 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

Are you saying you think the mainstream media coverage of the AC was accurate moonshadow?

#21 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

The guy apologizes for not being sure.
Only a hack would do that. He's just throwing crap against the wall and hoping...

Not his style, he's a stand up guy with lots of contacts at StFYC, GGYC and Oracle.  No reason for him to sling crap.

Don't shoot the messanger

#22 sdmoonshadow

sdmoonshadow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Are you saying you think the mainstream media coverage of the AC was accurate moonshadow?

Some was, much wasn't.  Glass houses Clean.

#23 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Mainstream American media, even the likes of the NY Times, WSJ, The Economist, Wired Magazine, did a helluva lot of good coverage. Dozens of articles, from economics to personalities to technical. Lots via Bernie Wilson through the AP. Front page articles in the SF Chron, even made the front page of Sports in the Seattle Times and surely many others. That lady writer from the SJ Mercury News was especially good. Matt Sheahan, Kimball Livingston, Michele Slade, SailRacingMagazine and other sailing media did too.

So did the NZ Herald, Otega Times and TVNZ, aside from the too-frequent slurring and conspiracy crapola on the fringes.

Rennmaus alone far, far out eclipsed SailingAnarchy, at the German version of the site. Articles, photos, personal accounts from on the scene, press credentials, media RIB trips out during racing.

C'mon Clean. SA's FP coverage was simply atrocious. Insulting, demeaning, stupid, you name it! Nice to do a blurry Skype interview 2 weeks after the conclusion of many weeks of racing but it's no bandaid. SA failed miserably this time, it's been ridiculous.

#24 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,323 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Almost 500 credentialed!   :wub:

sorry to have disappointed ya stingray, but you point out exactly what I said so many times:  We didn't need to be there at all thanks to all that interesting stuff in the media.

#25 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

sorry to have disappointed ya stingray, but you point out exactly what I said so many times:  We didn't need to be there at all thanks to all that interesting stuff in the media.

Yes, I absolutely realize how, unlike the 'niche' AC33, AC34 just didn't work for SA. Lots of reasons and excuses - finances as you suggested, being overshadowed by massively more talented media power, blah blah blah. But none of those plausible excuses deny the fact that SA was completely AWOL from very arguably the most massive Sailing Event in Years, possibly the biggest one in Decades by reasonable measures.

A real sailing site, with real cred, with any claim to be at the very forefront of the sailing world, would have beat out the best of the best of those '500' and brought it home in proud SA style.

Instead, SA completely blew it, didn't even try, got blown out by every other name-able sailing presence on the web, while cowering behind mindlessly stupid criticisms as cover for the ineptitude.

Entire threads have been started over this. To deny the fact is just more ass-in-the-air Ostrich head in the sand behavior.

If the supposed cause of the AWOL was the $10K in legal fees hit as you suggested, well then maybe that's an omen and we all need to move on, support those sites that actually did immerse in the weeks of intensity that AC34 was. If even Rennmaus can do it for her second AC in a row, then wth is your real excuse for missing the boat so completely?

That's right. You have no excuse. SA effing blew it and rightfully look like idiots floating in the wake. No insight, no experience, no real time coverage, no presence. Grade F. You could have outshone everyone and blew the chance.

#26 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,323 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

And yet the numbers are the best they've ever been.  Go figure!  And have fun at the other sites!

#27 tls

tls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, much better to editorialize based on second hand information and repeat rumors from disgruntleds; no reason to actually cultivate your own reliable or on the record sources.

#28 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

I, like many others, came to this site during the AC to read 1st hand commentary from those on the ground, we were not dissapointed and many thanks to those who contributed, those that were AWOL out seemed to be too busy with parties/commitments to be bothererd sharing their experiences here. I understand. Even if SA had front page regurgitation of the event i would not have bothered as there were many alternatives so the choice of being able to keep up with the C Class "niche" was most welcome from here. Stingers love ya stuff and hope that your mission to split clean in two so he can be everywhere works. The interesting thing is Stingers critique mirrors the mindset of groupness at the expense of diversity. Like at club level no one would want to sail something new alone when there are 60odd existing somethings, week in week out, that offer superior racing. Keep on keeping on i say!

#29 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

^ Thanks, I think..

The more niche, grassroots sailing events are an okay slant for SA to be groveling over but to be editorializing with such incessant negativity without an ounce of effort to get in depth while doing so looked, and was, cowardly and ridiculous.

AC34 absolutely had everything Sailing, in full measure. SA completely blew it, and unfortunately did even worse by the distant, thoroughly uninformed, constant disparagement instead of Wow recognition of both finalists and those Races in the Match. SA is digging a hole into just silly irrelevance and ignorance of where the sport's future is being led into.

Clean, yes: I will seriously consider your challenge above to help take AC interest to elsewhere, thanks for the invitation. A fresh start for all of us might be just the ticket.

#30 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

^ Thanks, I think..

The more niche, grassroots sailing events are an okay slant for SA to be groveling over but to be editorializing with such incessant negativity without an ounce of effort to get in depth while doing so looked, and was, cowardly and ridiculous.

AC34 absolutely had everything Sailing, in full measure. SA completely blew it, and unfortunately did even worse by the distant, thoroughly uninformed, constant disparagement instead of Wow recognition of both finalists and those Races in the Match. SA is digging a hole into just silly irrelevance and ignorance of where the sport's future is being led into.

Clean, yes: I will seriously consider your challenge above to help take AC interest to elsewhere, thanks for the invitation. A fresh start for all of us might be just the ticket.

Ok so why not vent at the dude that did the front page editorializing ? This discussion looks like that if i started calling out, say wethog,  for statements you have made ?

#31 sdmoonshadow

sdmoonshadow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

Despite my bitching Clean, which was better articulated by Stingray, I just committed an hour + to your FP interview with JS.  Really enjoyed that.  Thanks.

#32 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

Some of we were there (but not flying the SA Burgee - So no Pink Flag required :) )

I kinda made the best of my time spent in SF

Didn't see Tom in SF so he must have got canned when we were 8-1

Oh and they Sold the GG Bridge  B)

#33 WetHog

WetHog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,497 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

I appreciate the effort you put into what you do for SA, Clean, but I too am a bit confused as to why SA had no presence, zero, at AC34.  The Ed couldn't have hitched a ride up the road to SF for at least 1 weekend of the LVC or Final?  Not even recruit someone like KK to do something in SA's name?

The AC went Anarchy and SA wasn't there.  Disappointing is all I got.

WetHog  :ph34r:

#34 Martin X Moleski SJ

Martin X Moleski SJ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Systematic theology (Roman Catholic), RC airplanes, poker, NASCAR, America's Cup, TIGHAR (search for Amelia Earhart), website development.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

Let me know where you're going if you decide to pull up stakes.  I appreciate your contributions very much.

May bring back the original Stingray account and use post #25,000 to say good-bye? :blink:

#35 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

Thanks but the FP bs hasn't stopped us here, yet.

Let's keep up the fun here for now.

#36 easyrider

easyrider

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

^^ yes but be sure to point the way if you see it clearly. Otherwise we can drag SA through the next cycle as "they" boycott for a thousand unannounced reasons 

#37 Speed demon

Speed demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

just a rumor:

Have you ?

Yeah, I spoke with Ehman about this after I read about it.

But I'm not inclined to answer questions to people who hide behind a screen name.

Houston to SA plonkers... come in plonkers!

Plonkers receiving Houston.. how can we help?

STFU!!!

Well said PH well said.

#38 MAHGUAH_SCALPS_PILGRIMS

MAHGUAH_SCALPS_PILGRIMS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

if demon ehman was fired then 

is he fired from oracakle cheaters team ?

is he fired from ggyc alleged officer position ?

and the other ''positions '' he assumed under the allfraudabet corps -acea etc  

maybe he is one of the known cheaters unnamed in Ij indictment s too - 

and since his failed done deal land deal with sf 

maybe evilsin want to try that bs again without demon ehman 

as head ring leader with barclay - 

spamray is going off so must have hit a nerve and maybe ehman still has spamray on twitter control = damage controll 

:lol:

#39 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,639 posts
  • Interests:Racing in all forms.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

"For all of us". Who exactly put you in charge?

#40 ~HHN92~

~HHN92~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

I appreciate the effort you put into what you do for SA, Clean, but I too am a bit confused as to why SA had no presence, zero, at AC34.  The Ed couldn't have hitched a ride up the road to SF for at least 1 weekend of the LVC or Final?  Not even recruit someone like KK to do something in SA's name?

I can agree with WH here. SA seemed to be all over the initial excitement of multi's in the AC, and the Little AC getting on foils, but there was eniough time to get to the AC like WH says and then get over to the LAC. SA gave some press, but did throw a lot of rocks at an event SA rooted for early.

All the slamming on the FP was not just 'Anarchy'. Sure, ACEA etc. made some nice bumbling along the way but the match, when it was on, was a range of emotions, from thrilling to utter misery when ETNZ was cleaning-up to the change of OR taking over and winning, depending on who you were rooting for.

SA should have tapped into that with the 'alternative' resources that it has available, not the usual media approach.

Question: What percentage does this forum provide in driving the numbers on SA? Do the core posters in this forum matter?

#41 PeterHuston

PeterHuston

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,074 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

TE knows who I am, so, what's the truth? The story sounds fishy to me, especially if TE was with NB just recently.

You can look at this way.  Ehman was never really part of ACEA until this year, and then only informally.  He was brought in to help insure that the story was about stuff that mattered.  After the presser led by Tim Jeffery when Bart was killed, did we ever see Jeffery again?  Nope.  Who led the press conferences after each Cup match?  Jeffery was nowhere to be seen.

Fact is almost all of the contracts for the team and ACEA ended after the Cup, with the exception of those required to do maintenance of things, including admin maitenance.

Ehman is still on the scene, and the story that started this thread is just a rumor.  Lots of things are in flux, and it remains to be seen where anyone ends up in the next couple of months.

#42 floater

floater

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

^^ yes but be sure to point the way if you see it clearly. Otherwise we can drag SA through the next cycle as "they" boycott for a thousand unannounced reasons 

exactly - the Ed may have personal reasons for the ludicrous coverage of AC34. But Clean might realize that he just missed the opportunity of a lifetime.

#43 floater

floater

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

I can agree with WH here. SA seemed to be all over the initial excitement of multi's in the AC, and the Little AC getting on foils, but there was eniough time to get to the AC like WH says and then get over to the LAC. SA gave some press, but did throw a lot of rocks at an event SA rooted for early.

All the slamming on the FP was not just 'Anarchy'. Sure, ACEA etc. made some nice bumbling along the way but the match, when it was on, was a range of emotions, from thrilling to utter misery when ETNZ was cleaning-up to the change of OR taking over and winning, depending on who you were rooting for.

SA should have tapped into that with the 'alternative' resources that it has available, not the usual media approach.

Question: What percentage does this forum provide in driving the numbers on SA? Do the core posters in this forum matter?
every now and then the FP links to the forum. So the posters here do matter.

But what really matters are the legions of new AC fans created by Russell and Larry. Where are they going to go?

#44 coaster1

coaster1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

You can look at this way.  Ehman was never really part of ACEA until this year, and then only informally.  He was brought in to help insure that the story was about stuff that mattered.  After the presser led by Tim Jeffery when Bart was killed, did we ever see Jeffery again?  Nope.  Who led the press conferences after each Cup match?  Jeffery was nowhere to be seen.

Fact is almost all of the contracts for the team and ACEA ended after the Cup, with the exception of those required to do maintenance of things, including admin maitenance.

Ehman is still on the scene, and the story that started this thread is just a rumor.  Lots of things are in flux, and it remains to be seen where anyone ends up in the next couple of months.

Sounds a lot like a "YES".

#45 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

every now and then the FP links to the forum. So the posters here do matter.

But what really matters are the legions of new AC fans created by Russell and Larry. Where are they going to go?

They have already gone back to NASCAR , WWF, Monster Trucks  and  Mixed Martial Arts :)

#46 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,323 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

: I will seriously consider your challenge above to help take AC interest to elsewhere, thanks for the invitation. A fresh start for all of us might be just the ticket.

They could definitely use you at pressure drop or sailnet.   When you're ready to go, just start posting links here to your new favorite place and we'll be sure your IP gets a nice and rapid sendoff
  :P

#47 pjfranks

pjfranks

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Interests:wtf is one warning points?

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

"For all of us". Who exactly put you in charge?

#48 xfire

xfire

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Interests:Etchells racing<br>Jr. sailing programs<br>

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

: I will seriously consider your challenge above to help take AC interest to elsewhere, thanks for the invitation. A fresh start for all of us might be just the ticket.

They could definitely use you at pressure drop or sailnet.   When you're ready to go, just start posting links here to your new favorite place and we'll be sure your IP gets a nice and rapid sendoff

Ahh, asymetrical warfare. With Anarchy in the super power position.

#49 tls

tls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Stay classy.  

#50 Kahlessa

Kahlessa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Books, history, science, adventure, discovering life's hidden secrets

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

Nooooooo! Stingray! Don't go!  :(

#51 brian weslake

brian weslake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Next time you talk to him, can you tell him to stop wearing his sunglasses on the top of his head when he is inside. It makes him look like an even bigger dick than he really is.

#52 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Tom called and said he couldn't be reached  B)

#53 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,639 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

Next time you talk to him, can you tell him to stop wearing his sunglasses on the top of his head when he is inside. It makes him look like an even bigger dick than he really is.

Not only that. Tell him to take his hands out of his pockets when at an event to discuss someone's death.

#54 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

Not only that. Tell him to take his hands out of his pockets when at an event to discuss someone's death.

Any wonder why, I saw - none of you in the Innovation Lounge   ^_^  :mellow:  -_-  :lol: 

^^^ shudda jus been 3 lines ^^^   ;)

#55 kadyca

kadyca

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

Thanks. Interesting that the rumor is going around but again, TE is the Vice Comm of GGYC which is a members-elected position that RC has no authority over so..?

RC has always wished the lawyer types, the fix-it men, would just disappear as if that would also make the necessity to have them disappear. Said a couple pointed things in the SportProMedia article about that subject; it was in response to a question but maybe he said a little more off the record and that is what's spreading, or growing legs.
edit, this one

I don't think so. Remember GGYC specifically altered their bylaws to give the team representatives control of all things AC related. So his position is probably appointed by the team and answerable to the team CEO (RC) not the membership. I don't have time to read through the by-laws, but you should double check it to confirm whether it is a team or member appointed position.

#56 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,864 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

edit, this one

I don't think so. Remember GGYC specifically altered their bylaws to give the team representatives control of all things AC related. So his position is probably appointed by the team and answerable to the team CEO (RC) not the membership. I don't have time to read through the by-laws, but you should double check it to confirm whether it is a team or member appointed position.

His position with ACEA was manager for external affairs which could well have involved him in the CoR - if anything that is the position in question here, not flag at GGYC.

#57 chauch

chauch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

FFS, Clean.  Stop being such a dick.  A little less ego from SA would go such a long way right about now.  You guys took an angle about the event.  You could have been right, but you ended up being the odd guys out, looking in.  What's the downside in admitting that?

#58 The Advocate

The Advocate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

He popped round my place earlier today for a beer, seems pretty upbeat.

#59 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

Spinrray excited about fresh forums to post in or Tom ?

#60 The Advocate

The Advocate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Spinrray excited about fresh forums to post in or Tom ?

Apparently on ignore.

#61 coaster1

coaster1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

Probably glad to be out of the heat after all the screw-ups, ADM, failed and retracted protests, etc.

#62 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

The Advocate,said:

Apparently on ignore.

Warning Points are muchly betterer thanks.

#63 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,323 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

FFS, Clean.  Stop being such a dick.  A little less ego from SA would go such a long way right about now.  You guys took an angle about the event.  You could have been right, but you ended up being the odd guys out, looking in.  What's the downside in admitting that?

being a dick is in my job description!  Truth is Chauch, Stingray's constant harpy-ism is over the top and I am tired of it; it's personal and I'll not be taking it from him any more.   

#64 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

any chance of just deleting this thread ????

I Don't see a Win otherwise

nor anything to loose by doing so

#65 The Advocate

The Advocate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

The Advocate,said:

Apparently on ignore.

Warning Points are muchly betterer thanks.

What's with those?

Am away for 10 months and and it's all changed???

#66 dedam

dedam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Read 

The Billionaire and the Mechanic

Maybe you will get an other opinion about TE.

He role was pretty big in getting the Cup back to the US.

SA moderator sometime you have to kick in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#67 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

stingray on a timeout/ban = i c a win !

#68 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Clean says he banned him.

Stingray often had insights and inside info that will be missed.

#69 WetHog

WetHog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,497 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

I would think you would get flicked before Stingers.

#70 pjfranks

pjfranks

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

gorn orf with his alter ego?

#71 pjfranks

pjfranks

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

spinot noiray bin flicked, eh? :lol: you'll be next :D for ignorant posts

#72 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Stingers is over on the invite only forum, i am just hanging in here on my last warning points dangit.

Only 700 od trolling days till AC35

#73 WetHog

WetHog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,497 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

I doubt it, but keep on troll'in.

2m2x8u9.jpg

WetHog :ph34r:

#74 pjfranks

pjfranks

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

enjoy your time on ignore.

#75 WetHog

WetHog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,497 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

I will.  :)

#76 GauchoGreg

GauchoGreg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

I will.  :)

I don't know, are you sure you can get over the anguish of being on his Iggy?

#77 GauchoGreg

GauchoGreg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Seriously, though, Stinger banned or suspended?  That is just plain lame.  The guy is passionate about his positions, but I can hardly ever remember him picking a fight with anyone.  If the theme of this website is supposed to be anarchy, then I would think dissenting opinion that is not just characteristic of trolling might be allowable. 

What a bad joke.

#78 floater

floater

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Stingray RIP:

He was a lone voice standing up for the honorable Ian Murray during the AC34 rudder gate fiasco.

Picture the lone individual standing firm against an onslaught of tanks at Tiananmen Square. Now change those tanks to tractors.

Get the picture?

#79 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Seriously, though, Stinger banned or suspended?  That is just plain lame.  The guy is passionate about his positions, but I can hardly ever remember him picking a fight with anyone.  If the theme of this website is supposed to be anarchy, then I would think dissenting opinion that is not just characteristic of trolling might be allowable. 

What a bad joke.

Maybe we should start an online petetion to get him back ?

#80 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Stingray RIP:

He was a lone voice standing up for the honorable Ian Murray during the AC34 rudder gate fiasco.

Picture the lone individual standing firm against an onslaught of tanks at Tiananmen Square. Now change those tanks to tractors.

Get the picture?

For a while there he was an honerary citizen of Hamilton Island= bless

#81 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

What if he like took off on vacation and forgot about us while away from his cube ?

maybe Europe or something ??

Might just be on hold w ObamaCare Providers :o  :o  :o  :o  :lol:  

#82 Battlecheese

Battlecheese

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, music, physics.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Seriously, though, Stinger banned or suspended?  That is just plain lame.  The guy is passionate about his positions, but I can hardly ever remember him picking a fight with anyone.

Oh rubbish. He was a horrendous troll and fabricated even more shit than Indio.

#83 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,323 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Stingray has not been banned.  I think he took off to change his tampon.

#84 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,323 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

What the fuck are you talking about?  Where did you read that?

#85 GauchoGreg

GauchoGreg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

Stingray has not been banned.  I think he took off to change his tampon.

Thanks for clarifying.  It didn't pass the smell test.

#86 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post.

You said "it was personal".

What the fuck are you talking about?  Where did you read that?

#87 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,323 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

It is personal.  i know Stingray and used to respect him as an intelligent speaker and strong debater, even when our opinions differed substantively.  I watched as he regressed over the past year to become more and like childish and fervent, relying on jingoism, bullshit, and straw man arguments as he defended his favorite team.  Fine, whatever.

But for more than a month now he has attacked me personally for a litany of things in post after post after post, and I wrote the other day that I was fucking tired of it, and that I wouldn't take much more of it.  

Stinger said he would take his bat and ball and find a website he liked better.  Apparently he did.  

#88 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

You also said it was your job to be disliked.

Your in a position were thick skin is a requirement.

It is personal.  i know Stingray and used to respect him as an intelligent speaker and strong debater, even when our opinions differed substantively.  I watched as he regressed over the past year to become more and like childish and fervent, relying on jingoism, bullshit, and straw man arguments as he defended his favorite team.  Fine, whatever.

But for more than a month now he has attacked me personally for a litany of things in post after post after post, and I wrote the other day that I was fucking tired of it, and that I wouldn't take much more of it.  

Stinger said he would take his bat and ball and find a website he liked better.  Apparently he did.  

#89 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,323 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Absolutely true, but there are still limits even though we almost never reach them.

I believe SWS was banned by the Ed for a bit this year for a similar thing; constant and nasty attacks against one poster for a sustained period.  It's harassment, and we don't like it whether it is against us or a random anarchist.

#90 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,864 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

Absolutely true, but there are still limits even though we almost never reach them.

I believe SWS was banned by the Ed for a bit this year for a similar thing; constant and nasty attacks against one poster for a sustained period.  It's harassment, and we don't like it whether it is against us or a random anarchist.

Try again clean - got tired of the incessant kiwi political bullshit over the past year at the same time business took a major uptick. So much so that I missed the last three finals races along with BBS because I was out of the country.

I've told Scott on one past occasion during AC33, much more heated that the last year, that I would voluntary leave if he thought it was appropriate. His response was "no problem - fuck em".

Given the political shit (you with Cayard) and politically motivated character assassinations (IM) that take place around here my criticism of those that continually attack OR and the US that have driven long time posters away on multiple occasions pale in comparison

Maybe this site is now "politically correct Lite" Get real, and find other sources of information on Oracle while your at it. Good luck with that one.

#91 pjh

pjh

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

DA-WOODY has the true story and spilled it a few posts up.

#92 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,864 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

Try again clean - got tired of the incessant kiwi political bullshit over the past year at the same time business took a major uptick. So much so that I missed the last three finals races along with BBS because I was out of the country.

I've told Scott on one past occasion during AC33, much more heated that the last year, that I would voluntary leave if he thought it was appropriate. His response was "no problem - fuck em".

don't o

Given the political shit (you with Cayard) and politically motivated character assassinations (IM) that take place around here my criticism of those that continually attack OR and the US that have driven long time posters away on multiple occasions pale in comparison

Maybe this site is now "politically correct Lite" Get real, and find other sources of information on Oracle while your at it. Good luck with that one.

On second thought clean, why don't go ahead and flick me and see if I give a shit.

You can wallow in your own scum with the waning kiwi losers and continue to bash the AC and everyone else you hate so much.

You never liked the AC anyway, and have stated so several times, so let your actions meet your words.

#93 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,639 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

The guy (SR) is passionate about his positions, but I can hardly ever remember him picking a fight with anyone.

Then you really weren't paying attention. Or possibly, I've been paying too much attention. He's plenty of history of playing the man not the ball and I could reel off a whole list of people with whom he's had feuds. Could but won't.

#94 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

DA-WOODY has the true story and spilled it a few posts up.

Kindergarten hour ... thought the thread was about Sir Hiss, anyway

#95 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hi everyone, yes am simply enjoying a splendid time in Rome soaking up some history, culture, food and fun - including greatly enjoying Xlot's company last evening at Campo dei Fiori.

Will be back and contributing again in good time, Ciao for now.

#96 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

The guy (SR) is passionate about his positions, but I can hardly ever remember him picking a fight with anyone.

Then you really weren't paying attention. Or possibly, I've been paying too much attention. He's plenty of history of playing the man not the ball and I could reel off a whole list of people with whom he's had feuds. Could but won't.

We will always remember our long lost spinray as part of the good cop/bad cop ensemble with the soiler, during AC33. In later times it almost seemed his account was hacked, or the keys handed over to someone who was just doing it for doing it`s sake.. usually in a broken record style. At least his legacy is that many indeed do believe the spin and in the not too distant future will quote spinray facts as ..facts. Viva Le Stingers

#97 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

He was so young

#98 WetHog

WetHog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,497 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Saying Stingers has a history of playing the man not the ball is a bit much, IMO.  Stingers has always been up to the challenge to debate a point of view he has, but he has always been respectful in doing so.  It hasn't been till the 2nd half of the AC34 cycle that Stingers got very passionate in his comments and I attribute that change in his tone to being worn down by a number of trolls and sock puppets.  It sounds like he is taking a much needed break from everything right now and I am sure he will return to his normal respectful and informative self shortly. 

#99 Kahlessa

Kahlessa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Books, history, science, adventure, discovering life's hidden secrets

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hi everyone, yes am simply enjoying a splendid time in Rome soaking up some history, culture, food and fun - including greatly enjoying Xlot's company last evening at Campo dei Fiori.

Will be back and contributing again in good time, Ciao for now.

+10  :)

#100 A Florida Redneck

A Florida Redneck

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Saying Stingers has a history of playing the man not the ball is a bit much, IMO.  Stingers has always been up to the challenge to debate a point of view he has, but he has always been respectful in doing so.  It hasn't been till the 2nd half of the AC34 cycle that Stingers got very passionate in his comments and I attribute that change in his tone to being worn down by a number of trolls and sock puppets.  It sounds like he is taking a much needed break from everything right now and I am sure he will return to his normal respectful and informative self shortly. 

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users