WTF, Esimit sailors threaten activists with knives?

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#201 jc172528

jc172528

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

I would not say for all russian sailors but this article is right about a lot of things. Gazprom Swan 60 World championship is a big joke in Russian sailing community, Lubomirov became sailor of the year in Russia in 2012, this dude as well is a big joke. :) Guys from Synergy that actually really race in RC44 and Melges 32 is more respectful sailors that Lubomirov with his Gazprom money but Lubomirov probably will become sailor of the year in Russia in 2013 as well. :) Gazprom even bought ISAF officials, so what we are talking about here? They also bought officials in Russian Sailing Federation. :) What really bothers me and probably most of the Russian sailing community is that Gazprom doesn't support Russian teams, they pay money to foreigners pro sailors but we have in Russia very professional sailors and teams. Why Gazprom prefer to sponsor foreigner teams and sailors it is probably because they launder (steal) money allocated for sponsorship.

Sounds like Larry :D

#202 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

no one has the names of the EE crew in the RIB yet?  I'll see if I can find out today.  Really too bad that they didn't just do things the way the French team RIBs do for the big races.  Get too close to the race boat?  You get run down and bumped out of the way.  Why use a knife when you have twin motors?

http://www.farevela....hi-assalta-chi/ names "Igor Simsic" which if you Google image search appears to be the man on the right, not knife man.

Igor Simcic is the leader of the Esimit Europe project. In the video of the attack you can se him comming at the GP crew in rage holding a bottle as weapon
If he is technically the owner of the yacht we are now firmly into Rule 69 territory.

According to someone who sails on the boat, that is not Igor, and Igor would never, ever be sitting in the RIB.  He's pretty much russian royalty.

Russian royalty? That didn't end well as I recall. Well not for the royalty anyway.

#203 jez

jez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

For an 'Anarchy' website, this sounds like a heavy political spin to me.  Sailing has always been sponsored by big business, it used to be beer and cigarettes but now that there are six more zeros at the end of the budget, the only teams that can compete are giant energy firms or IT conglomerates.  

I offer a big hearty welcome to Russian sailors and hope the Gazprom initiative will open the door to International competition from Russian sailors and teams.  A Russian AC35 bid, bring it on!  More teams on the startline in the Gazprom Swan 60 and RC 44 class, the more the merrier!  There has already been a marked increase in Russian entries in International sailing events in the Mediterranean and Caribbean.  While the European economy stagnates, the Russians have got the cash and the talent to compete on the Grand Prix level.

Fortunately, Gazprom has the funds to hire the SBS or Navy Seals to provide onwater security during these events to keep the eco-terrorists away

#204 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,239 posts
  • Interests:Racing in all forms.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

For an 'Anarchy' website, this sounds like a heavy political spin to me.

So in your opinion the word "anarchy" is non-political. You need to get out less and read more.

#205 bdu98252

bdu98252

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

Exhibit 4 is a bit rich. Are a load of Americans really going to get all high and mighty about natural gas and oil exploration. If memory serves me right America and its corporations have been heavily involved in this area for a long time and sometimes with quite disasterous consequences. Gazprom is no different to Oracle. It is a highly powerful company with a small number of people at the top. Good luck I say. 

#206 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,239 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

:) What really bothers me and probably most of the Russian sailing community is that Gazprom doesn't support Russian teams, they pay money to foreigners pro sailors but we have in Russia very professional sailors and teams. Why Gazprom prefer to sponsor foreigner teams and sailors it is probably because they launder (steal) money allocated for sponsorship.

They aren't sponsoring sailing because they like it and as for laundering money, don't be silly, what they are spending on Esimit is a drop in a the ocean.

Gazprom supplies 25% of Europe's gas. Anyone in Europe who stops to think about this won't be happy, given Russia's recent history of turning off the tap to countries that incur it's displeasure. So, for example, there's an argument to begin exploration of fracking in the UK in part to decrease strategic dependence on Russian gas (an argument I personally buy into).

What Gazprom is doing in sponsoring Esimit is promoting their European credentials. Esimit has links to senior European politicians and EU officials. Those guests at the Barcolana who were exposed to the Greenpeace demo almost certainly included European politicians.

#207 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,827 posts
  • Interests:Shootings, just like HotRod!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

Exhibit 4 is a bit rich. Are a load of Americans really going to get all high and mighty about natural gas and oil exploration. If memory serves me right America and its corporations have been heavily involved in this area for a long time and sometimes with quite disasterous consequences. Gazprom is no different to Oracle. It is a highly powerful company with a small number of people at the top. Good luck I say. 

Ah! The politics of economics!

Emerging economies have always been "Damn the environment; full speed ahead!"

After they have achieved a level of fiscal superiority and have the luxury of acting with a conscience, they can moralize about the environment. This bit of hypocrisy is what sticks in the craw of emerging economies.  

#208 scottish_joe

scottish_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

No, they shouldn't... but attacking their rigs and interfering with a yacht race sure as hell isn't going to stop it... Why does Greenpeace have the word "peace" in their name if they continue to do these stupid things?... They're no better than terrorists or common vandals...

Then enlighten us, what would you do instead of protesting? 

I wish I knew the answer to that question... But I do know that what Greenpeace is doing is not the answer...

So doing nothing works well eh? Good plan, well thought out.

The greenpeace guys have just brought a huge amount of awareness to the subject of their protests - they achieved it without doing more than pissing a few folk off, well done to them on this one.

You sail on a boat sponsored by arseholes or owned by an arsehole and the way of the world is that some folk will think you're an arsehole, by association.

Protesters do stuff like this to bring attention to something they feel strongly about, they want to put it in front of as many people as possible. To do that you do it their way or pay huge sums of money to advertise your message - you then have to reply on the Russian (or whichever relevant) press to broadcast your message. Good luck with getting the Russian national press or the major European publications supporting you against Gazprom and the EU.

Doesn't leave you with many options.

The public who are now (or were already) aware of the protest/subject can decide if they want to do anything about this issue, the ones who "totally agree with the point but not with the method", then get the chance to vote/write letters and do all of the very slow-moving and low-impact things you want to. 

I would guess most of the guys shouting 'ECO FASCIST!" and "I'd a sunk their goddam boat!" will do nothing, except shout down people with opposing views. Probably as they're lazy, maybe they don't understand the issue.

Personally, I wouldn't protest how Greenpeace do it and I imagine the imprisoned guys were probably prepared for the consequences before they set off. I also think the EU supporting a boat sponsored by these guys is FU**ING ridiculous, and i were a sailor on it i would go in with my eyes open, use my brain and expect to receive - at the very least - a bit of criticism for hooking up with Gazprom.

#209 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

No, they shouldn't... but attacking their rigs and interfering with a yacht race sure as hell isn't going to stop it... Why does Greenpeace have the word "peace" in their name if they continue to do these stupid things?... They're no better than terrorists or common vandals...

I wish I knew the answer to that question... But I do know that what Greenpeace is doing is not the answer...

The greenpeace guys have just brought a huge amount of awareness to the subject of their protests - they achieved it without doing more than pissing a few folk off, well done to them on this one.

You sail on a boat sponsored by arseholes or owned by an arsehole and the way of the world is that some folk will think you're an arsehole, by association.

Protesters do stuff like this to bring attention to something they feel strongly about, they want to put it in front of as many people as possible. To do that you do it their way or pay huge sums of money to advertise your message - you then have to reply on the Russian (or whichever relevant) press to broadcast your message. Good luck with getting the Russian national press or the major European publications supporting you against Gazprom and the EU.

The public who are now (or were already) aware of the protest/subject can decide if they want to do anything about this issue, the ones who "totally agree with the point but not with the method", then get the chance to vote/write letters and do all of the very slow-moving and low-impact things you want to. 

I would guess most of the guys shouting 'ECO FASCIST!" and "I'd a sunk their goddam boat!" will do nothing, except shout down people with opposing views. Probably as they're lazy, maybe they don't understand the issue.

Personally, I wouldn't protest how Greenpeace do it and I imagine the imprisoned guys were probably prepared for the consequences before they set off. I also think the EU supporting a boat sponsored by these guys is FU**ING ridiculous, and i were a sailor on it i would go in with my eyes open, use my brain and expect to receive - at the very least - a bit of criticism for hooking up with Gazprom.
Lucky for you that you can't sail for shit and would never get a ride on a high profile boat like that. Now fuck of and spare us any pics of your boyfriends pierced nipples. Christ this place is full of newb fucktards these days.

#210 scottish_joe

scottish_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

Lucky for you that you can't sail for shit and would never get a ride on a high profile boat like that. Now fuck of and spare us any pics of your boyfriends pierced nipples. Christ this place is full of newb fucktards these days.

Lifebuoy 15 eh? I bet you're shit hot, a great racing sailor? :) You i think are a fucktard, and i don't post often, but i've been registered here for years...

I prefer (unlike your good self) not to post retarded bullshit comments for no reason. I'm sure yours probably refer on some level to the size of your tiny dick and lack of sailing ability....

And you know nothing at all of my racing level or ability, and i don't know if you're any good. If you're as retarded a sailor as you are a poster, good luck at the back of the fleet...

#211 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

You i think are a fucktard, and i don't post often, but i've been registered here for years...

Dry your eyes princess. You don't post very often? Indeed I note from your profile that you have been registered since 2008 yet you made your 1st post today. That certainly is not posting very often. Is that the same reason why your girlfriend started playing the beast with two backs with your best friend? She got tired of waiting and just like on here, when you finally worked up the courage to have a crack you shot your load straight away? So with your 2nd post you accuse me of not being able to sail and having a small dick. Hey great work mate. Best leave your third for another 5 years. Post I mean. Your 2nd sexual experience may have to wait a bit longer.
Anyway you were telling us how much better a sailor you are than me. Please continue. We always enjoy it when a newb posts his CV.

#212 scottish_joe

scottish_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

You i think are a fucktard, and i don't post often, but i've been registered here for years...

Dry your eyes princess. You don't post very often? Indeed I note from your profile that you have been registered since 2008 yet you made your 1st post today. That certainly is not posting very often. Is that the same reason why your girlfriend started playing the beast with two backs with your best friend? She got tired of waiting and just like on here, when you finally worked up the courage to have a crack you shot your load straight away? So with your 2nd post you accuse me of not being able to sail and having a small dick. Hey great work mate. Best leave your third for another 5 years. Post I mean. Your 2nd sexual experience may have to wait a bit longer.
Anyway you were telling us how much better a sailor you are than me. Please continue. We always enjoy it when a newb posts his CV.

Ah, the small dick thing correct then? :) "Dry your eyes"? I'm enjoying this. 

Was i telling you i'm better than you? Or was I telling you that you make retarded posts and are a 'fucktard', and if you're as retarded in real-life as on here, that you're probably a shit sailor too.

Go on then, whip out your small-dicked sailing CV which i'm sure you posted first time you went on here, and tell me how amazing you are.... 

#213 scottish_joe

scottish_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Was i telling you i'm better than you? Or was I telling you that you make retarded posts and are a 'fucktard', and if you're as retarded in real-life as on here, that you're probably a shit sailor too.

Go on then, whip out your small-dicked sailing CV which i'm sure you posted first time you went on here, and tell me how amazing you are.... 

Oh, and another pointer - if you don't have the intelligence to respond to my post, you won't win on the insult front either.

#214 Lex Teredo

Lex Teredo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Beer, bikes, woodworking, and beer.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

I don't have a beef with petroleum companies, it'd sure get cold without them, and it'd be a bitch to row up against the tide to get to the race start on time.  Same thing, I don't have a beef with environmental non-profits.  Somebody's got to keep the petroleum companies from running amok.

What I do have a problem with is gangster oligarchs running monopolies with sheisty and destructive (of people, nations, economies and the environment) business practices.  I also have a problem with shitbird protestors who are happy to endanger people on the high seas to make their point.  I do feel a bit for the sailors on this boat, but damn boys, couldn't you have found a different ride? 

Bottom line is I'd like to see the GazProm executive board and the Greenpeace terro protesters locked in a small pool filled with hungry Great Whites.  They deserve each other.  And you could throw that dumb fat bastard Paul Watson and the Japanese whaling fleet in there for good measure. 

Honestly.  This is like watching a fight between your mother-in-law and the uncle everybody dislikes at Thanksgiving.  So long as none of the china gets broken and nobody innocent gets hurt, the proper response seems to involve clapping, and fetching some popcorn - and maybe encouraging them to take it out in the street where they won't sully the good name of your own house.  Sucks for sailing that this had to happen here, bad for the sport, but then probably so is letting the preferred oil company of gangster oligarchs sponsor one of the flagships. 

#215 team WINERGY

team WINERGY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Sailing. Sex. What else?

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

If you're not afraid of the Russians, copy and send this mail:

TO:

segretaria@svbg.it

Race Committee of the Barcolana Regatta 2013
Protest Committee of the Barcolana Regatta 2013

AND:
Segretariogenerale@federvela.it

the Italian Sailing Federation (FIV)

Dear sir, madam,

I would like to report on an alledged gross misconduct of a crew member, as defined in RRS 69.1, of the Yacht Esimit, SLO 1001:

As attached image shows, a crew member tried to, or threatened to, use a knife on the RIB of member of the Greenpeace organisation.
More information can be found below or in this link: http://forums.sailin...opic=151944&hl=

The story behind this incident, true or false, has been widely discussed and brings our sport in disrepute.
I think it therefore warrants a further investigation to either free the crew member, team and yacht involved of any blame or to take appropriate action against them.

I trust that RRS rules 60.2 for the Race Committee, rule 69.2 for the Protest Committee and 69.3 for the National Authority FIV give enough grounds for a hearing to find the facts.

Sincecerly,

#216 Turd Sandwich

Turd Sandwich

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

Really who gives a fuck about some security dude (Non Sailor protecting some guy with a weird name( dressed in foul weather gear doing something stupid to some stupid fucks for fucks sake.

The real fun starts when Gaz who the fuck ever see this slander and sues with real money.

#217 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,464 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Honestly.  This is like watching a fight between your mother-in-law and the uncle everybody dislikes at Thanksgiving.

Thank you. That was what I was thinking.

I mean, it's not like they planted a Bomb that killed a man and sunk a boat in Auckland Harbor or anything...

#218 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

I don't have a beef with petroleum companies, it'd sure get cold without them, and it'd be a bitch to row up against the tide to get to the race start on time.  Same thing, I don't have a beef with environmental non-profits.  Somebody's got to keep the petroleum companies from running amok.

What I do have a problem with is gangster oligarchs running monopolies with sheisty and destructive (of people, nations, economies and the environment) business practices.  I also have a problem with shitbird protestors who are happy to endanger people on the high seas to make their point.  I do feel a bit for the sailors on this boat, but damn boys, couldn't you have found a different ride? 

Bottom line is I'd like to see the GazProm executive board and the Greenpeace terro protesters locked in a small pool filled with hungry Great Whites.  They deserve each other.  And you could throw that dumb fat bastard Paul Watson and the Japanese whaling fleet in there for good measure. 

Honestly.  This is like watching a fight between your mother-in-law and the uncle everybody dislikes at Thanksgiving.  So long as none of the china gets broken and nobody innocent gets hurt, the proper response seems to involve clapping, and fetching some popcorn - and maybe encouraging them to take it out in the street where they won't sully the good name of your own house.  Sucks for sailing that this had to happen here, bad for the sport, but then probably so is letting the preferred oil company of gangster oligarchs sponsor one of the flagships. 

Amen.

#219 jc172528

jc172528

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Jesus Lifebuoy is the wife not putting out lately or what?

#220 Genealex

Genealex

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

Article on the front page mentions AC35 participation by a Gazprom sponsored team as problematic:

Gazprom

The first flamer not welcome in San Francisco?

#221 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

from Scooter's front page rant

"Given the nearly universal effort by sailing’s stakeholders — events, teams, classes, manufacturers, National Associations, sponsorship seekers — to associate the sport with clean energy and green growth, this could force a huge step backwards for the sport’s image."

Seriously Scooter? You have problems with Gazprom, fine. But now you taken on the entire natural gas industry? You think your pretty windmills and solar cells (no environmental damage at all in producing those things) are going to power this nation? Are you unaware that natural gas is a cleaner alternative to coal? If you got your liberal way and oil and gas became unavailable tomorrow would you not bitch just a little bit about how inconvenient life is without petroleum based energy? You would be just as mortified if Chevron or Shell sponsored a yacht? Because this is all about how any association with oil and gas is BAD FOR THE SPORT. 

Just once I'd like to see you roughneck on a rig that produces the energy you take completely for granted every day. Weenie

Stick to Gazprom. There's more than enough material there to make your point.  

#222 Tax Man

Tax Man

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Drilling platforms are dangerous.  They can leak, catch fire or explode even if there are no idiots trying to fuck with them.

Spending 15 years in Siberia might make these terrorists reconsider whether boarding a vessel without permission is a good choice.

#223 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

from Scooter's front page rant

"Given the nearly universal effort by sailing’s stakeholders — events, teams, classes, manufacturers, National Associations, sponsorship seekers — to associate the sport with clean energy and green growth, this could force a huge step backwards for the sport’s image."

Seriously Scooter? You have problems with Gazprom, fine. But now you taken on the entire natural gas industry? You think your pretty windmills and solar cells (no environmental damage at all in producing those things) are going to power this nation? Are you unaware that natural gas is a cleaner alternative to coal? If you got your liberal way and oil and gas became unavailable tomorrow would you not bitch just a little bit about how inconvenient life is without petroleum based energy? You would be just as mortified if Chevron or Shell sponsored a yacht? Because this is all about how any association with oil and gas is BAD FOR THE SPORT. 

Just once I'd like to see you roughneck on a rig that produces the energy you take completely for granted every day. Weenie

Stick to Gazprom. There's more than enough material there to make your point.  

And laminate sails, fiberglass, epoxy and carbon fiber resins come from what green source?. 

#224 Pete M

Pete M

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,839 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

One day roughneck?  worm boy roustabout more like it

hey worm boy - go get the key to the V door

#225 room2

room2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

lasthours.org

#226 evenflow

evenflow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Only a newbie would compare the US to an Oligarchy.

#227 evenflow

evenflow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Forgot the wiki link... http://en.wikipedia....hy#Soviet_Union

#228 Dijker

Dijker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

Greenpeace's tactics injure people, cause large amounts of damage and are anything but peaceful.  A knife to the inflatable?  Awesome.  One less Greenpeace boat!

I suggest you go take a swim, swimsailor. Then when you have been long enough in the water to know that some things are worth fighting for you can come back and talk again. 

#229 Tony-F18

Tony-F18

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

Extended video from another angle:

Are the Italian taxpayers paying for the jetski escorts btw?

Seems like they are, bit childish to spray them with the jets.

#230 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,239 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

^

Come on Tony, what do you expect. Where in the world do the police show even-handedness between annoying demonstrators and the rich and powerful? The real question is why the knife-wielder isn't facing charges.

#231 DIMITRIS

DIMITRIS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Thank's for posting this video. The scene with the Esmit Europa bullies in tender says it all...... in my opinion ISAF should do something about this - it so unacceptable no matter what Greenpeace did!

#232 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Oh, and another pointer - if you don't have the intelligence to respond to my post, you won't win on the insult front either.

You will need to lift your game if you want to play here newbie. Simply repeating what someone else posts wont do it. You need to come up with your own insults not just rehash others. Shouldn't be hard - you must have heard plenty in your short life son. Anyway back to flaming misguided tofu eaters......

#233 forss

forss

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Thank's for posting this video. The scene with the Esmit Europa bullies in tender says it all...... in my opinion ISAF should do something about this - it so unacceptable no matter what Greenpeace did!

Sorry, but Ben Ainslie kicked photographer ass.

Result: now he is SIR and ISAF's sailor of the year.

#234 andyxs

andyxs

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

One day roughneck?  worm boy roustabout more like it

hey worm boy - go get the key to the V door

Go find martin decker.....

#235 phillysailor

phillysailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

LifeBuoy on ignore. Profanity-laced diatribes are, it seems, the best he can do. I can't recall anything of value from this village idiot. Perhaps too much hatred is getting in the way of his few remaining brain cells.

Bye bye, oh insecure one! 

#236 jc172528

jc172528

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Sorry, but Ben Ainslie kicked photographer ass.

Result: now he is SIR and ISAF's sailor of the year.

Good point, ISAF obviously sanctions assault during events, if it's good enough for Ben.............

Taxpayers down under now have to foot the bill of rescuing several GP protesters from the Russian authorities.

Can't see GP stumping up with any dollars for that.

#237 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

LifeBuoy on ignore. Profanity-laced diatribes are, it seems, the best he can do. I can't recall anything of value from this village idiot. Perhaps too much hatred is getting in the way of his few remaining brain cells.

Telling someone that you are ignoring them is not really ignoring them is it. But thanks for playing. I am sure you will read regardless frillysailor.

#238 Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Frostbite Racing, Abstract Painting, Oil Changes, Robert Louis Stevenson

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

I had gas at the prom. It didn't turn out well for me either.

#239 dash34

dash34

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Interests:Sailing my boat, playing bass and classical guitar, flying sailplanes, skiing, cycling and hiking.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

I guess there might have been a time when we didn't need Greenpeace, when the media was independent and run by small business people.  The media served as watchdog for both government and industry.  Politicians and CEO's alike could be taken to task by good investigative journalism.

Today, we need Greenpeace and other organizations like it because we can no longer assume that the media is either 1) doing their job as watchdog or 2) independent of government/corporate interests.  There are few Matt Taibbi's left.

#240 By the lee

By the lee

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

Only Bernie Saunders would compare the US to an Oligarchy.

fyp! :P

...........Tasini told Sanders, "You make the U.S. sound like a banana republic in which a handful of families control all the economic and political power," Sanders responded simply, "Yes, it is. In more technical economic terms I would call it an oligarchy."

http://www.commondre...ne/2013/10/18-4

#241 By the lee

By the lee

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

Telling someone that you are ignoring them is not really ignoring them is it. But thanks for playing. I am sure you will read regardless frillysailor.

Are you the one lighting all those fires down there?

#242 jc172528

jc172528

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

What happens when you give Drop Bears matches.  

#243 postpast

postpast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Old Cars, Old Heavy Equipment, Sailing, Fixing Sail Boats,

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

+1000,, The only thing I could see that is more hypercritical then America’s questioning of others environmental resource extraction IS Americans questioning the 30 protesters being held. 

If 30 foreigners were caught trying to climb aboard a sensitive American oil rig, I am sure they would now be in a secret jail with battery cables attached to their nipples.

#244 scottish_joe

scottish_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

You will need to lift your game if you want to play here newbie. Simply repeating what someone else posts wont do it. You need to come up with your own insults not just rehash others. Shouldn't be hard - you must have heard plenty in your short life son. Anyway back to flaming misguided tofu eaters......

Sad that this effort is so poor, i expected a bit better considering your first comment.

Back to the topic indeed.

#245 scottish_joe

scottish_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

I guess there might have been a time when we didn't need Greenpeace, when the media was independent and run by small business people.  The media served as watchdog for both government and industry.  Politicians and CEO's alike could be taken to task by good investigative journalism.

Today, we need Greenpeace and other organizations like it because we can no longer assume that the media is either 1) doing their job as watchdog or 2) independent of government/corporate interests.  There are few Matt Taibbi's left.

+1

#246 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

I guess there might have been a time when we didn't need Greenpeace, when the media was independent and run by small business people. 

Good grief, when do you think that golden age existed?

http://en.wikipedia....Randolph_Hearst for example was running a media empire in the late 19th century.

#247 scottish_joe

scottish_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

a) the world doesn't need saving, or

B) there is somebody else doing it?

There's always option c) What Greenpeace gets up to achieves nothing other than wasting other people's time and money and providing a illusionary glow of self satisfaction to the participants

So you think oil and gas companies should just go and do whatever they want, regardless of the effects on the environment? (spills, etc).

Attacking?  What a load of spin - they climbed it to attach a banner.  You sound like a mouthpiece for either Gazprom or the Russian government.  Intefering with a yacht race - hell yes, why not, it is a non-violent way to get a message out.  Except in this case the yachties threatened violence.  The only thing Greenpeace did in this case, apparently, was spoil a mark rounding.  Boo hoo.  

They are better than terrorists and common vandals because they are doing what they do out of concern for the planet, not for the sake of some religious ideal or childish urge to cause damage.  They are committed to non-violence and have remained steadfast in that commitment over the years.  Not like the guy with the knife in the expensive wetgear in the RIB, his commitment to non-violence went out the window over a flipping mark-rounding.  If ISAF does not 69 these guys then they have no business running sailing. 

As for Gazprom/Esimit sailing et al, you cast your lot with the devil, and you have to face the consequences.  The president of the EU must be rueing the day he got involved with this bunch...

I think he knew exactly what he was doing... (Wikipedia obviously not assumed to be 100% correct, but there's plenty of info' about him similar to this on the web)

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Manuel_Barroso

Controversies[edit]

In 2005 Die Welt reported that Barroso had spent a week on the yacht of the Greek shipping billionaire Spiro Latsis. It emerged soon afterwards that this had occurred only a month before the Commission approved 10 million euros of Greek state aid for Latsis's shipping company – though the state aid decision had been taken by the previous European Commission before Barroso took up his post.[14] In response to this revelation, Nigel Farage MEP of the UK Independence Party persuaded around 75 MEPs from across the political spectrum to back a motion of no confidence in Barroso, so as to compel him to appear before the European Parliament to be questioned on the matter.[15] The motion was tabled on 12 May 2005, and Barroso appeared before Parliament as required at a debate on 26 May 2005.[16]

#248 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

^

You might have added that "the vast majority of MEPs rallied behind Mr Barroso" and according to the Independent "the factual case against Mr Barroso appeared to be weak". http://www.independe...on-6145410.html

Farage would be more credible as an anti-corruption campaigner if he had not welcomed the loathsome  Neil Hamilton into the party. http://www.thetimes....icle3875141.ece

#249 bdu98252

bdu98252

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

In the video the esmiti rib has people throwing plastic bottles at the greenies. If any of these went into the water then this would be a clear breach of the rules unless they went back and picked them up. 

Having watched the video it does seem as thought he Greenies were in fact engaging in a peacefull protest.

#250 yl75

yl75

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Nice front page article ...

Maybe one can also not forget that power (as in electricity) derives from a major part from natural gas these days ? (yes coal as well)

And by the way, about fossile hydrocarbon, below a summary of the global situation for liquids (shale and tar sands included) :

jlliquidsworld.jpg

Other key graphs:

http://www.powerswit...3200&highlight=

#251 Tony-F18

Tony-F18

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

This thread is not about oil or natural gas, nor it's pros and cons.
It's about the company and government extracting it and the way they go about their business.

#252 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

It's about the company and government extracting it and the way they go about their business.

Not true! As I pointed out above, Scooter made it about ALL oil and gas companies because they are bad for sailing and all sailing related programs should refuse to accept any sponsorship from any company involved in fossil fuels.

#253 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,827 posts
  • Interests:Shootings, just like HotRod!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

I guess there might have been a time when we didn't need Greenpeace, when the media was independent and run by small business people. 

http://en.wikipedia....Randolph_Hearst for example was running a media empire in the late 19th century.

Freedom of the Press is all well and good... provided you own a printing press and a distribution network.

#254 yl75

yl75

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

You mean their customers an all what oil and gas usage entails doesn't matter at all ?

Not even talking about what oil & gas acess & security aspects also brings along ..., like CENTCOM for instance

#255 jhc

jhc

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Freedom of the Press is all well and good... provided you own a printing press and a distribution network.

And then there is activism. Really dangerous activity, you could run into people with knives! ...or worse.

It's organizations like greenpeace that expose the tactics of people like Hearst, at great physical risk!

Oil, and gas, are the big greenhouse causes.

It's not about money, or yachts.

It's about combating our biggest threat.

Giant corporations are killing us.

All of us.

I applaud greenpeace for making news, and risking their lives to make a point.

#256 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

I think he knew exactly what he was doing... (Wikipedia obviously not assumed to be 100% correct, but there's plenty of info' about him similar to this on the web)  Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Manuel_Barroso  Controversies[edit]In 2005 Die Welt reported that Barroso had spent a week on the yacht of the Greek shipping billionaire Spiro Latsis. It emerged soon afterwards that this had occurred only a month before the Commission approved 10 million euros of Greek state aid for Latsis's shipping company – though the state aid decision had been taken by the previous European Commission before Barroso took up his post.[14] In response to this revelation, Nigel Farage MEP of the UK Independence Party persuaded around 75 MEPs from across the political spectrum to back a motion of no confidence in Barroso, so as to compel him to appear before the European Parliament to be questioned on the matter.[15] The motion was tabled on 12 May 2005, and Barroso appeared before Parliament as required at a debate on 26 May 2005.[16]

Wikipedia? Bwahahahahahahaha. So there is 'plenty about him on the web' but the best source you can find is Wikiwrong. Your not very good at this joey are you? Lazy, left and stupid is no way to go through life son.

#257 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

As the fire storm spreads today hundreds of people may lose everything they own and more lives may well be lost. And you think this is a source of humour? Nice. And stop quoting me. Frillysailor has me on ignore and he shouldn't have to read my shit.

#258 scottish_joe

scottish_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

^

You might have added that "the vast majority of MEPs rallied behind Mr Barroso" and according to the Independent "the factual case against Mr Barroso appeared to be weak". http://www.independe...on-6145410.html

Farage would be more credible as an anti-corruption campaigner if he had not welcomed the loathsome  Neil Hamilton into the party. http://www.thetimes....icle3875141.ece

I'd support my mate if we were all on the gravy train too, and especially if he was in that position...

Only my opinion but i read through quite a few bits and pieces, and he sounds like he's making the most of his time as President. 

The money that goes missing within the EU on an annual basis is shocking.

#259 scottish_joe

scottish_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

I think he knew exactly what he was doing... (Wikipedia obviously not assumed to be 100% correct, but there's plenty of info' about him similar to this on the web)  Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Manuel_Barroso  Controversies[edit]In 2005 Die Welt reported that Barroso had spent a week on the yacht of the Greek shipping billionaire Spiro Latsis. It emerged soon afterwards that this had occurred only a month before the Commission approved 10 million euros of Greek state aid for Latsis's shipping company – though the state aid decision had been taken by the previous European Commission before Barroso took up his post.[14] In response to this revelation, Nigel Farage MEP of the UK Independence Party persuaded around 75 MEPs from across the political spectrum to back a motion of no confidence in Barroso, so as to compel him to appear before the European Parliament to be questioned on the matter.[15] The motion was tabled on 12 May 2005, and Barroso appeared before Parliament as required at a debate on 26 May 2005.[16]

Wikipedia? Bwahahahahahahaha. So there is 'plenty about him on the web' but the best source you can find is Wikiwrong. Your not very good at this joey are you? Lazy, left and stupid is no way to go through life son.

"Bwahahahaha.. Wikiwrong... Lefty..." I'd swear you were a paranoid 6 yr old except i've seen your profile... 

So i think i see the pattern from you:

Poster presents point of view: "I think xxxxx..."

Lifebuoy replies: "AWWW THAAATT'S FAACKED MAAAAYYTE... YOU'RE JUST A xxxx yyyy xxx"

Lifebuoy presents point of view: ".............."  Nothing, as you don't appear to be able to form your own opinions.

#260 scottish_joe

scottish_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

As the fire storm spreads today hundreds of people may lose everything they own and more lives may well be lost. And you think this is a source of humour? Nice. And stop quoting me. Frillysailor has me on ignore and he shouldn't have to read my shit.

I think i've found a picture of you....

harold_bishop.jpg

Except he looks happy, you seem sad.... :'(

#261 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

"Bwahahahaha.. Wikiwrong... Lefty..." I'd swear you were a paranoid 6 yr old except i've seen your profile...   So i think i see the pattern from you: Poster presents point of view: "I think xxxxx..." Lifebuoy replies: "AWWW THAAATT'S FAACKED MAAAAYYTE... YOU'RE JUST A xxxx yyyy xxx"  Lifebuoy presents point of view: ".............."  Nothing, as you don't appear to be able to form your own opinions.

Interesting theory from someone who has made 10 posts in his life.... And 8 of them devoted to flaming me. Your really not very good at this joey. Do you like Gladiator movies joey?

#262 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

I think i've found a picture of you....
harold_bishop.jpg

Except he looks happy, you seem sad.... :'(
Enjoy a bit of Aussie soap do ya mate? Oh I guess you would. Your unemployed right?

#263 jc172528

jc172528

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

Which is supported by people like you when you purchase the product or by-products.

#264 dash34

dash34

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Interests:Sailing my boat, playing bass and classical guitar, flying sailplanes, skiing, cycling and hiking.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

Which is supported by people like you when you purchase the product or by-products.

The point of the debate, and the actions of Greenpeace, is to move society away from its dependence on fossil fuels.  We've chosen to organize our society around wasting cheaply available energy.  We're now over a barrel because the supply of that energy is being depleted.  We didn't have to frack before because there was a lot of natural gas and oil in easy to get places.  That's depleted so now we frack to try to get more.  

At this point, we can either 1) continue to exploit the cheap energy until it is mostly gone, then go to war over what is left, or 2) start to re-organize society around minimizing the use of fossil fuels.  

I don't think that using fossil fuels makes me a hypocrite.  If society was organized so that I could take transit to work, or better yet bike or walk, then I wouldn't need to drive and I would stop using it.  Unless we all demand the re-organization that is needed we will not get it until it is too late.  Car-based societies will really suffer, and time is running out.

#265 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,239 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

Yes. That doesn't make a debate about reducing that dependence meaningless or hypocritical.

I don't however agree with Tony-F18's definition of the agenda of this thread. For me it's about the right to peaceful protest, whether you agree with the protesters or not. It isn't necessary to agree with Greenpeace's agenda or tactics as far as oil exploration in the Arctic are concerned to find the behaviour of the Esimit RIB despicable and that of the local police worse.

#266 scottish_joe

scottish_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

"Bwahahahaha.. Wikiwrong... Lefty..." I'd swear you were a paranoid 6 yr old except i've seen your profile...   So i think i see the pattern from you: Poster presents point of view: "I think xxxxx..." Lifebuoy replies: "AWWW THAAATT'S FAACKED MAAAAYYTE... YOU'RE JUST A xxxx yyyy xxx"  Lifebuoy presents point of view: ".............."  Nothing, as you don't appear to be able to form your own opinions.
Interesting theory from someone who has made 10 posts in his life.... And 8 of them devoted to flaming me. Your really not very good at this joey. Do you like Gladiator movies joey?

Gladiator? Unemployed? You almost sound like you're trying to be serious.

Lifebuoy, I'd be worried about your blood pressure and your mental state if i were you - take bouncer for a walk, have an ice-cream, go talk to some real people and try giving your own opinion on something in life instead of yapping away all the time and annoying folk.

People here are sometimes (hard for you to believe) discussing subjects they have an opinion on, go get a grown-up opinion on a subject and present it, you might surprise yourself.

I really should ignore your posts but i like winding you up....

#267 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

That's now 9 of your 11 posts about me! I am flattered. Tell me joey have you ever seen a grown man naked?

#268 Mr_BoTangles

Mr_BoTangles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Lifebuoy 15 eh? I bet you're shit hot, a great racing sailor? :) You i think are a fucktard, and i don't post often, but i've been registered here for years...

I prefer (unlike your good self) not to post retarded bullshit comments for no reason. I'm sure yours probably refer on some level to the size of your tiny dick and lack of sailing ability....

And you know nothing at all of my racing level or ability, and i don't know if you're any good. If you're as retarded a sailor as you are a poster, good luck at the back of the fleet...

popcorn or lure???
What to do, what to do???

#269 gf66

gf66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Boat, chicks, bikes

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Not to mention the fact that esimit was clearly rocking at the start using the canting keel. Getting a big push over the motionless thousand other boats (including direct competitors)

#270 Tony-F18

Tony-F18

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

What is the point of international treaties if they build in all sorts of exceptions and exemptions, cherry picking the rules they do or dont like:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013/10/23/russia-boycott-maritime-court-hearings 

Russia says it will boycott a maritime court hearing into its detention of a Greenpeace ship's crew who protested over Arctic oil drilling.

#271 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,239 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

^

A top Russia health official warned on October 9 that Moscow may ban the import of Dutch tulips and dairy products because of undisclosed consumer safety concerns.

Quite right. Russian consumers can sleep easy with this man on the case. You can't be too careful with tulips

#272 Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

I would not say for all russian sailors but this article is right about a lot of things. Gazprom Swan 60 World championship is a big joke in Russian sailing community, Lubomirov became sailor of the year in Russia in 2012, this dude as well is a big joke. :) Guys from Synergy that actually really race in RC44 and Melges 32 is more respectful sailors that Lubomirov with his Gazprom money but Lubomirov probably will become sailor of the year in Russia in 2013 as well. :) Gazprom even bought ISAF officials, so what we are talking about here? They also bought officials in Russian Sailing Federation. :) What really bothers me and probably most of the Russian sailing community is that Gazprom doesn't support Russian teams, they pay money to foreigners pro sailors but we have in Russia very professional sailors and teams. Why Gazprom prefer to sponsor foreigner teams and sailors it is probably because they launder (steal) money allocated for sponsorship.

Sounds like Larry :D

Bazinga

#273 BalticBandit

BalticBandit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

Fuck the russians. 

And frankly if you are so desperate to be a tiny cog on a big boat like this that you give up your morals and ethics to kowtow to the PR arm of the KGB I mean FSB I meanPutaine I mean GazProm - well you don't have much going for you

#274 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

So doing nothing works well eh? Good plan, well thought out. The greenpeace guys have just brought a huge amount of awareness to the subject of their protests - they achieved it without doing more than pissing a few folk off, well done to them on this one. You sail on a boat sponsored by arseholes or owned by an arsehole and the way of the world is that some folk will think you're an arsehole, by association. Protesters do stuff like this to bring attention to something they feel strongly about, they want to put it in front of as many people as possible. To do that you do it their way or pay huge sums of money to advertise your message - you then have to reply on the Russian (or whichever relevant) press to broadcast your message. Good luck with getting the Russian national press or the major European publications supporting you against Gazprom and the EU. Doesn't leave you with many options. The public who are now (or were already) aware of the protest/subject can decide if they want to do anything about this issue, the ones who "totally agree with the point but not with the method", then get the chance to vote/write letters and do all of the very slow-moving and low-impact things you want to.  I would guess most of the guys shouting 'ECO FASCIST!" and "I'd a sunk their goddam boat!" will do nothing, except shout down people with opposing views. Probably as they're lazy, maybe they don't understand the issue.  Personally, I wouldn't protest how Greenpeace do it and I imagine the imprisoned guys were probably prepared for the consequences before they set off. I also think the EU supporting a boat sponsored by these guys is FU**ING ridiculous, and i were a sailor on it i would go in with my eyes open, use my brain and expect to receive - at the very least - a bit of criticism for hooking up with Gazprom.
Fuck the russians.  And frankly if you are so desperate to be a tiny cog on a big boat like this that you give up your morals and ethics to kowtow to the PR arm of the KGB I mean FSB I meanPutaine I mean GazProm - well you don't have much going for you

Huh? I don't give a fuck about Russians . I am only here to poke fun at you misguided tree hugging tofu eaters. Geez your a dill. Can't you see trolling when it is right in front of you?

#275 scottish_joe

scottish_joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

So doing nothing works well eh? Good plan, well thought out. The greenpeace guys have just brought a huge amount of awareness to the subject of their protests - they achieved it without doing more than pissing a few folk off, well done to them on this one. You sail on a boat sponsored by arseholes or owned by an arsehole and the way of the world is that some folk will think you're an arsehole, by association. Protesters do stuff like this to bring attention to something they feel strongly about, they want to put it in front of as many people as possible. To do that you do it their way or pay huge sums of money to advertise your message - you then have to reply on the Russian (or whichever relevant) press to broadcast your message. Good luck with getting the Russian national press or the major European publications supporting you against Gazprom and the EU. Doesn't leave you with many options. The public who are now (or were already) aware of the protest/subject can decide if they want to do anything about this issue, the ones who "totally agree with the point but not with the method", then get the chance to vote/write letters and do all of the very slow-moving and low-impact things you want to.  I would guess most of the guys shouting 'ECO FASCIST!" and "I'd a sunk their goddam boat!" will do nothing, except shout down people with opposing views. Probably as they're lazy, maybe they don't understand the issue.  Personally, I wouldn't protest how Greenpeace do it and I imagine the imprisoned guys were probably prepared for the consequences before they set off. I also think the EU supporting a boat sponsored by these guys is FU**ING ridiculous, and i were a sailor on it i would go in with my eyes open, use my brain and expect to receive - at the very least - a bit of criticism for hooking up with Gazprom.
Fuck the russians.  And frankly if you are so desperate to be a tiny cog on a big boat like this that you give up your morals and ethics to kowtow to the PR arm of the KGB I mean FSB I meanPutaine I mean GazProm - well you don't have much going for you

Huh? I don't give a fuck about Russians . I am only here to poke fun at you misguided tree hugging tofu eaters. Geez your a dill. Can't you see trolling when it is right in front of you?

"JEEZ MAAAYYTE" Yap yap yap yap yap............... Good work Lifebuoy, you had any original thoughts yet? Got naked for any men recently? Got out the house? Won a race or two?

#276 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

10 from 12 now joey and the jokes are zooming right over your head. How was school today?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users