1948 replies to this topic

#1801 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,735 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

The Kenyan trumpets the CBO's estimate. He should.

The more recent CBO estimate, not so much.

I just hate it when that happens.

CBO Lowers Obamacare's Price Tag By $104 Billion Over 10 Years

45231-land-ACA3.png

Amazing...crowing over a chart that looks like that of a law that was going to bend the cost curve down. This is what constitutes good news among the faithful.

#1802 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

It's not clear whether you read the report or not, but here's the money shot:

All told, CBO and JCT project, those effects will reduce federal budget deficits by $152 billion over the 2015–2024 period .

#1803 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,735 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

All told, CBO and JCT project, those effects will reduce federal budget deficits by $152 billion over the 2015–2024 period .

Google baseline budgeting.

#1804 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

All told, CBO and JCT project, those effects will reduce federal budget deficits by $152 billion over the 20152024 period .

So you start with something supposed to coat nothing, find out its true 1.5+ trillion dollar cost, revise it downwards to 1.4 trillion, and proudly claim progress.
In liberal speak, you just saved billions.

#1805 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,180 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Haters gotta hate.

#1806 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

So you start with something supposed to coat nothing, find out its true 1.5+ trillion dollar cost, revise it downwards to 1.4 trillion, and proudly claim progress.
In liberal speak, you just saved billions.

ObamaCare costs money. Funded money. Still, the CBO says that in the end ObamaCare will save money.

Compare and contrast that with Bush's unfunded Medicare Part D, and for that matter, his unfunded Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

"From the beginning, Republicans decided to forgo dedicated financing for Part D. Except for trivial premiums paid by recipients, the entire cost would fall on taxpayers."

Bruce Bartlett.

http://mobile.nytime...t-busting/?_r=0

Can't get more Single Payer than that.

#1807 Sean

Sean

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

This is starting to get pretty entertaining.

#1808 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

Iraq did not cost us money.  It's free if it isn't in the budget.  

#1809 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,491 posts
  • Interests:Subhuman Mongrels in momjeans

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

The oil paid for the war.

#1810 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

welcomed as liberators.  weeks not months.  Armageddon!

#1811 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,491 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

welcomed as liberators.  weeks not months.  Armageddon!

You are either with us, or with the terrorists.  Mission Accomplished.  Shock and Awe!

#1812 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

Baseline budgeting just spooked the herd.

#1813 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

How does that refute what CBO and JCT project?  

#1814 zzrider

zzrider

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, motorcycling

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

Olsonist, perhaps you can explain why Obamacare has a price tag at all, since earlier you were claiming it will REDUCE the deficit?

#1815 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,735 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

Haters gotta hate.

Don't be hating Mark.

#1816 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

45231-land-ACA3.png

That would seem to be a natural effect of delaying things.

CBO estimates are based on the current state of the law.  Some of those provisions have been deferred.

#1817 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,952 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

Baboon Parrots Dog.

#1818 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

I'm cool with baseline budgeting. Most adults are, including Paul Ryan. In fact, y'all might just want to look over his Path to Prosperity budget and just try and find any zero based budgeting in there.

http://budget.house....5_blueprint.pdf

Yep, there will be inflation and there will be population growth regardless of what flavor of Tea you're drinking. BTW, here is a non-Tea flavored summary of the advantages and disadvantages of using zero based and baseline budgeting in the private sector.

http://www.accts.com...es/baseline.htm

#1819 Sean

Sean

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

45231-land-ACA3.png

CBO estimates are based on the current state of the law.  Some of those provisions have been deferred.

Yes, certainly the delays will effect projections to some degree. But if you are intimating that this report is no news or bad news, I think you're being disingenuous. Have you bothered to read the article? Here's another for you-

Smaller premium hikes forecast in 2015 for Obamacare

By JENNIFER HABERKORN and BRETT NORMAN | 4/14/14 5:12 PM EDT
Insurance premiums under Obamacare are projected to rise less than 3 percent in 2015, a smaller-than-expected jump as the health insurance exchanges enter their second year.

The CBO and Joint Committee on Taxation released a series of new estimates Monday on the law’s costs and the number of people it will cover. The figures show that 12 million more Americans will have health coverage in 2014 than would have been the case without Obamacare — down from a February projection of 13 million because of a dip in expected Medicaid enrollment. Many Republican critics of the ACA have sharply questioned whether the program is reaching the nation’s uninsured.

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz2ytkji9G5

#1820 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

I don't know if you know what LTI means. You'd have covered it in an upper division Linear Systems class at a decent engineering school. When you delay causes, you generally delay effects. But you don't generally attenuate effects.

#1821 zzrider

zzrider

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, motorcycling

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

I just love how you obama sycophants move the goalposts.

"Smaller premium increases"???

Wasn't this piece of shit supposed to SAVE the average family $2500/yr?

#1822 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

I thought RD was the only one who gets stupid when he drinks.

Thanks for the complement.  I had no idea you had any respect for my intellect when I'm sober.

I am humbled.

#1823 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

I don't know if you know what LTI means. You'd have covered it in an upper division Linear Systems class at a decent engineering school. When you delay causes, you generally delay effects. But you don't generally attenuate effects.

True, but CBO estimates are based on the data they are given.  For example, the great projected savings in Medicare that are included in the ACA but which have been eliminated with yet another DOCFIX.

And, actually, the lines for the 2013 and 2014 estimates do look pretty much like a deferral with a WAG at the end of the ten year period.

#1824 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

K and the Boboon puppets sure have a whirlwind of crazy blowing around here. 

How is that sense of irony for ya? Our Prezzident lied during the sales campaign for Ocare and has been caught. All you seem to comment on are the critics of him. I guess that's ok, they're just Republicunts.

Man that's irony with a lot of squalor...

The only thing we know so far is how many people signed up.  I'll wait for the data and leave the imaginary stuff to you and the Boboon puppets. Don't let it driver you bonkers, with a little luck, it could still fail.  

There are plenty of critics.  Hell, some of us even voted for a Presidential candidate who had not implemented a health insurance system built around the individual mandate, though most voted for the two candidates who had done so.  Must feel kinda silly to objecting so much to such a system, and then cast one's vote for someone who had done that....  Speaking of irony and squalor.  

Would you support a national school system run by the Fed?  If so, why?  If not - why not?

#1825 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

And, actually, the lines for the 2013 and 2014 estimates do look pretty much like a deferral with a WAG at the end of the ten year period.

You'll be happy to know that ObamaCare covers optometry exams.

#1826 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,491 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:59 PM

Baboon Parrots Dog.

Dog craps turd, enters Regatta.

#1827 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

Baboon Parrots Dog.

Oh.  Now I get it!  Sol thinks we are all a bunch of sock puppets.  Please, gentlemen, drink from the trough of paranoia. 

I'll tell Sol again - drop a note to BJ Porter and he'll confirm I haven't worn a sock since the 1000 days thread.  Sorry that isn't convenient for you tinfoil helmet folks.

Carry on.

#1828 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,491 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

Baboon Parrots Dog.

Oh.  Now I get it!  Sol thinks we are all a bunch of sock puppets.  Please, gentlemen, drink from the trough of paranoia. 

I'll tell Sol again - drop a note to BJ Porter and he'll confirm I haven't worn a sock since the 1000 days thread.  Sorry that isn't convenient for you tinfoil helmet folks.

Carry on.

I'm not Sol.  White Cracker makes the same mistake.  

#1829 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

Baboon Parrots Dog.

Carry on.

I'm not Sol.  White Cracker makes the same mistake.  

You're not one of the folks in Sol's sock drawer?  I'm calling bull shit on that.

#1830 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,491 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

You're not one of the folks in Sol's sock drawer?  I'm calling bull shit on that.

No sock puppet here.  I post as Spatial Ed and never as anyone else, except I did change my screen name to Mr. Hand during a very challenging period in my life.

#1831 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

8 million. I hate it when that happens.

http://mobile.nytime....html?referrer=

#1832 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

WASHINGTON — President Obama on Thursday announced that eight million people have signed up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act and that 35 percent are under the age of 35, countering the criticism that it would attract mainly older and sicker people.

In detailing the statistics, the White House said 18- to 34-year-olds made up 28 percent of enrollees. The 35 percent number included children who would typically be covered by a parent’s policy.

While the number of younger applicants has risen, it remains below the level that some private analysts said is necessary for the long-term viability of the insurance marketplace.

Mr. Obama also said that millions of the enrollees had purchased private insurance for the first time, strengthening the administration’s case that the new health law was expanding coverage, not simply moving people from one insurance plan to another.

#1833 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

Interesting from Obama. States 35% are under 35 but the truth is he is now including kids in the 8 million number. This guy is seriously grasping at straws to make the numbers work.

#1834 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Interesting from Obama. States 35% are under 35 but the truth is he is now including kids in the 8 million number. This guy is seriously grasping at straws to make the numbers work.

When a previously uninsured welfare mother goes to the cell phone shop and gets an Obamaphone, hops back into the Escalade with her six kids, and calls the Obummercare Hotline, and signs up for Government Takeover Trainwreck Disaster Health Insurance, with her six kids on her plan, has one person gotten insurance coverage, or seven?  

Can she complete the phone call before reaching Walmart, or will she have to stay on the line until she reaches the yoga pants department?  

#1835 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,735 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

And If you like your plan you can keep your plan.

#1836 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

WASHINGTON — President Obama on Thursday announced that eight million people have signed up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act and that 35 percent are under the age of 35, countering the criticism that it would attract mainly older and sicker people.

In detailing the statistics, the White House said 18- to 34-year-olds made up 28 percent of enrollees. The 35 percent number included children who would typically be covered by a parent’s policy.

While the number of younger applicants has risen, it remains below the level that some private analysts said is necessary for the long-term viability of the insurance marketplace.

Mr. Obama also said that millions of the enrollees had purchased private insurance for the first time, strengthening the administration’s case that the new health law was expanding coverage, not simply moving people from one insurance plan to another.

Can't wait for October 1st, one year in full operation, can you imagine how big it will be by then? With all the GOP candidates promising repeal in the run up to the election, it should be a real fun show to watch.

#1837 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

WASHINGTON President Obama on Thursday announced that eight million people have signed up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act and that 35 percent are under the age of 35, countering the criticism that it would attract mainly older and sicker people.

In detailing the statistics, the White House said 18- to 34-year-olds made up 28 percent of enrollees. The 35 percent number included children who would typically be covered by a parents policy.

Mr. Obama also said that millions of the enrollees had purchased private insurance for the first time, strengthening the administrations case that the new health law was expanding coverage, not simply moving people from one insurance plan to another.

Can't wait for October 1st, one year in full operation, can you imagine how big it will be by then? With all the GOP candidates promising repeal in the run up to the election, it should be a real fun show to watch.

Why would it be significantly bigger? No one help him. :)

#1838 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

When a previously uninsured welfare mother goes to the cell phone shop and gets an Obamaphone, hops back into the Escalade with her six kids, and calls the Obummercare Hotline, and signs up for Government Takeover Trainwreck Disaster Health Insurance, with her six kids on her plan, has one person gotten insurance coverage, or seven?  

Can she complete the phone call before reaching Walmart, or will she have to stay on the line until she reaches the yoga pants department?  
seriously Sol. Why are you working so hard to become irrelevant?

#1839 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,735 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Whatever the real number is now it will be no bigger by October, enrollment is closed. Oh, and it's not in full operation and not since October.

#1840 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,735 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

Sorry TM, Missed your post.

#1841 Mike G

Mike G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

WASHINGTON President Obama on Thursday announced that eight million people have signed up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act and that 35 percent are under the age of 35, countering the criticism that it would attract mainly older and sicker people.

In detailing the statistics, the White House said 18- to 34-year-olds made up 28 percent of enrollees. The 35 percent number included children who would typically be covered by a parents policy.

Mr. Obama also said that millions of the enrollees had purchased private insurance for the first time, strengthening the administrations case that the new health law was expanding coverage, not simply moving people from one insurance plan to another.

I heard here, MANY times that 100 million will be cancelled right around election time. THAT will have an effect.

#1842 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

Why is the number of people covered irrelevant?  

#1843 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

Whatever the real number is now it will be no bigger by October, enrollment is closed. Oh, and it's not in full operation and not since October.

Medicaid expansion sport, the pressure on the reds are enormous and growing by the day.

#1844 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

. Because the number that is key is PAYING young adults. The number needed to be viable is 35%. The number signed up according to Obama is 35%. Oh wait in reality it is 28%. After you take out non paying children.

#1845 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

Medicaid expansion sport, the pressure on the reds are enormous and growing by the day.

Are you saying the 8 million number includes Medicaid. Again no one help him out.

#1846 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

And If you like your plan you can keep your plan.

I do like my plan! I will be keeping it!

#1847 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

Are you saying the 8 million number includes Medicaid. Again no one help him out.

Obama didn't include Medicaid numbers in his total. The point is the more people involved and receiving health care makes it impossible for the GOP to change current health care.

#1848 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

It isn't, you are.

However, since it's illegal not to be enrolled and many folks who had insurance and lost it or were 'helped' by being in prison.  It is questionable.

#1849 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

. Because the number that is key is PAYING young adults. The number needed to be viable is 35%. The number signed up according to Obama is 35%. Oh wait in reality it is 28%. After you take out non paying children.

Yes, the same conversation I had with dog a couple of days ago. I'll stick with a data set that we know, for now, rather than chosing one which we do not yet know.

It isn't as entertaining, I admit, but we may not know how many private transactions happened between insurer and insured for some time now. Still, we may get that data before November, so putting all of the eggs in that basket might not be advised for either team.

#1850 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

Obama didn't include Medicaid numbers in his total. The point is the more people involved and receiving health care makes it impossible for the GOP to change current health care.

Obamacare isn't about healthcare it's about health insurance.  There are no new doctors or hospitals although a couple of grants for medical schools were used to buy votes.  How is it changing healthcare?

You seem to feel that a lot of 18-34 year olds who know they are paying for something they won't use are going to be happy about it.

#1851 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

Lotta 18-34 year olds have children. Maybe your parents did. Maybe you did.

#1852 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

What's that got to do with forcing people to buy insurance?

Regardless of the demographic, people who really wanted Health Insurance would have signed up as soon as the POS website was up and running.  What you are getting now are the people who don't want to break the law or pay a fine.  Now, they are spending money they didn't want to or couldn't afford previously.

Might be interesting to see which plans are being chosen.

It's force over real demand.  Be proud of yourself.

#1853 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

Obamacare 8,000,000 -  Gop plan 0

#1854 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

If you had a point about the Individual Mandate, and you don't, then you wouldn't have brought up the 18-34 demographic and you did.

#1855 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Really?  Nobody has any health insurance other than those who signed up for Obamacare?

WOW, I didn't know that many people had been dropped.

#1856 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

. Bullshit. He was talking about the percentage of young Adults calling it 35%. Knowing that number is exactly the same as the estimated percentage needed to keep ACA solvent. Turns out the actual number of enrolled 18-34 is 28%. He was playing his games again knowing that his loyal supporters would grasp on to the disingenuous 35%. No wonder 61% think he is a liar. Fool us once ...

#1857 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

That's not necessarily a bad thing - should you find yourself in a nasty hole, should you keep the shovel swingin' and brag about how many people you got stuck down there with ya? 

#1858 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

. Bullshit. He was talking about the percentage of young Adults calling it 35%. Knowing that number is exactly the same as the estimated percentage needed to keep ACA solvent. Turns out the actual number of enrolled 18-34 is 28%. He was playing his games again knowing that his loyal supporters would grasp on to the disingenuous 35%. No wonder 61% think he is a liar. Fool us once ...

You seem to feel that a lot of 18-34 year olds who know they are paying for something they won't use are going to be happy about it.

He was talking about the Young Invincibles who are a burst condom away from parenthood.

#1859 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

That's not necessarily a bad thing - should you find yourself in a nasty hole, should you keep the shovel swingin' and brag about how many people you got stuck down there with ya? 

I know, it must be tough still waiting for enrollment numbers to come in for Ohio before you can commit.

#1860 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

If you had a point about the Individual Mandate, and you don't, then you wouldn't have brought up the 18-34 demographic and you did.

The quote about Obama talking about 18-34 year olds was from your LINK. I hate it when that happens

#1861 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

Again, if you have a problem with the Heritage Foundation's concept of an Individual Mandate, then you have a problem with the Individual Mandate irrespective of the 18-34 demographic or the Kenyan's birth certificate.

This is fun.

#1862 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

Again, if you have a problem with the Heritage Foundation's concept of an Individual Mandate, then you have a problem with the Individual Mandate irrespective of the 18-34 demographic or the Kenyan's birth certificate.

This is fun.

I have no idea what you are babbling about. I guess that is what happens when you do not bother to read your own links. Just start throwing out lefty buzz words. Kenyan birth certificate give me a fucking break.

#1863 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

Yes, it is clear that you have no idea what I'm babbling about. This much we agree on.

#1864 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

I know, it must be tough still waiting for enrollment numbers to come in for Ohio before you can commit.

Before I commit? to what?  I'm an avowed opponent of the ACA, now, no need to wait for anything to recognize it for the political hackery it is. 

#1865 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Yes, it is clear that you have no idea what I'm babbling about. This much we agree on.

We were talking about enrolled 28-34 year olds. I posted a portion of your own fucking link showing Obama ( born in HI so put that BS to rest) claiming 35% when in fact it is only 28%. It has zero to do with mandates the heritage foundation or calling him names.

#1866 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

Before I commit? to what?  I'm an avowed opponent of the ACA, now, no need to wait for anything to recognize it for the political hackery it is. 

commit to the fact that it is here to stay. At this point you'll either get used to it or become like your forefathers who objected to Social Security, their complaints amounted to nothing also.

#1867 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

We were talking about enrolled 28-34 year olds. I posted a portion of your own fucking link showing Obama ( born in HI so put that BS to test) claiming 35% when in fact it is only 28%. It has zero to do with mandates the heritage foundation or calling him names.

If you have a problem with the Individual Mandate then it has nothing to do with the 18-34 demographic.

#1868 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

We were talking about enrolled 28-34 year olds. I posted a portion of your own fucking link showing Obama ( born in HI so put that BS to test) claiming 35% when in fact it is only 28%. It has zero to do with mandates the heritage foundation or calling him names.
If you have a problem with the Individual Mandate then it has nothing to do with the 18-34 demographic.
please show me where I mentioned the individual mandate? When you were biking through the EU. did you fall and hit your head one time to many?

#1869 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

commit to the fact that it is here to stay. At this point you'll either get used to it or become like your forefathers who objected to Social Security, their complaints amounted to nothing also.

Sadly - I suspect you're right. The takers are outvoting the makers - and 'til we change that nothing will improve. Doesn't mean I'll like it, or will ever quit trying to change it.  The politicians have recognized the marginalization of the middle, and unless you're a deep pocket, or the newest "oppressed entity" w/a story that can be used to achieve political gain for someone else, your voice won't be heard above the din. 

This recognition has nothing to do with the "merits"of the legislative abomination that is the ACA - nor my acceptance that it, the way it was implemented, or that the people shoving the snake-oil up everyone else's asses didn't even know what it looked like before they jumped on the messiah train to proclaim it as the second coming. 

If left to succeed or fail on its own merit - I have no doubt as to the outcome, but, as with anything that has to do with solidifying a party hold on a voting demographic, the ACA won't be evaluated on its merit, it will be judged by the politics that can be spun from it.  If that looks like "success" to you, BL - then have a heaping spoonful and choke on it. 

#1870 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

You certified what I always suspected, that Obamacare for the GOP was more a way to limit political participation by the masses and score political points of their own.

#1871 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

please show me where I mentioned the individual mandate? When you were biking through the EU. did you fall and hit your head one time to many?

You need to read what Saorsa wrote before you chirped in. It would help.

#1872 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,771 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

Here's where I think the 8 million number changes things. The Republicans have the ability to take over both houses of Congress.  Sometime this summer, after one of their strategic pow-wows where they look at all the districts, they'll realize that to win those swing districts in Florida and Ohio, etc the messaging will change from repeal, to fix. Actually, I'm sure they already have this planned as some of the R leaders are already testing that message.

If they don't change the messaging, I would fully expect the Cracker to whine and cry about how the Republicans "lied" to him about repealing the ACA.  Oh, wait, is the Cracker independent enough to do that?

End of the day, the ACA is here to stay, time to start legislating again. 

#1873 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:57 AM

You certified what I always suspected, that Obamacare for the GOP was more a way to limit political participation by the masses and score political points of their own.

Huh?  Disagreeing with something that couldn't be explained, who's costs were and still are mere speculation, that was creating yet another bloated,inefficient bureaucracy and requires individuals to purchase a commercial product is trying to limit political participation by the masses? What kind of calculus are you smokin' BL? 

#1874 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

This is fun.

The heritage foundation individual mandate was for catastrophic insurance.  That's a fairly simple concept and did not put the government into the business of marketing for insurance companies or paying for day to day healthcare expenses like contraception.

It was most certainly NOT the huge pile of horseshit piled on us by Obama/Reid/Pelosi and handed over to the bureaucrats to figure out how to fuck up.

#1875 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:30 AM

Negative.

Stuart Butler's lecture describes what the Heritage mandate would look like:

We would include a mandate in our proposal not a mandate on employers, but a mandate on heads of households to obtain at least a basic package of health insurance for themselves and their families. That would have to include, by federal law, a catastrophic provision in the form of a stop loss for a family's total health outlays. It would have to include all members of the family, and it might also include certain very specific services, such as preventive care, well baby visits, and other items.

http://www.forbes.co...vidual-mandate/

#1876 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

Negative.

Stuart Butlers lecture describes what the Heritage mandate would look like:

We would include a mandate in our proposal not a mandate on employers, but a mandate on heads of households to obtain at least a basic package of health insurance for themselves and their families. That would have to include, by federal law, a catastrophic provision in the form of a stop loss for a familys total health outlays. It would have to include all members of the family, and it might also include certain very specific services, such as preventive care, well baby visits, and other items.

I'm glad I didn't vote for a Presidential candidate who implemented a system like that. I'd feel kinda silly bitching about it if I did.

#1877 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:05 AM

Negative.

Stuart Butler's lecture describes what the Heritage mandate would look like:

We would include a mandate in our proposal not a mandate on employers, but a mandate on heads of households to obtain at least a basic package of health insurance for themselves and their families. That would have to include, by federal law, a catastrophic provision in the form of a stop loss for a family's total health outlays. It would have to include all members of the family, and it might also include certain very specific services, such as preventive care, well baby visits, and other items.

Negative

Preventive care doesn't mean stop me before I do something stupid like fuck without a condom.

#1878 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

The heritage foundation individual mandate was for catastrophic insurance.  That's a fairly simple concept and did not put the government into the business of marketing for insurance companies or paying for day to day healthcare expenses like contraception.

Negative for the above cited reasons.

#1879 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,735 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Here's where I think the 8 million number changes things. The Republicans have the ability to take over both houses of Congress.  Sometime this summer, after one of their strategic pow-wows where they look at all the districts, they'll realize that to win those swing districts in Florida and Ohio, etc the messaging will change from repeal, to fix. Actually, I'm sure they already have this planned as some of the R leaders are already testing that message.

If they don't change the messaging, I would fully expect the Cracker to whine and cry about how the Republicans "lied" to him about repealing the ACA.  Oh, wait, is the Cracker independent enough to do that?

Success in the case of Obamacare is now defined as the law survives, not as having accomplished its objectives or fulfilling the promises of its promoters.

#1880 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

As Obama has stated, he is in favor of a "single payer" and expanded socialized government run system, so, whatever it takes. 

If he actually followed the law he wouldn't be able to achieve his goals.

#1881 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,491 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

As Obama has stated, he is in favor of a "single payer" and expanded socialized government run system, so, whatever it takes. 

If he actually followed the law he wouldn't be able to achieve his goals.

You are just becoming aware of this?  I've been stating it since inception.

#1882 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

Success in the case of Obamacare is now defined as the law survives, not as having accomplished its objectives or fulfilling the promises of its promoters.

+1  It's all about a perceived win on the repeal effort. Go TEAM

#1883 Gone Drinking

Gone Drinking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

Of the 8 million, how many were people who had their insurance cancelled because of Obamacare? 

#1884 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Of the 8 million, how many were people who had their insurance cancelled because of Obamacare? 

Hard to tell and all the numbers we are being told seem to shift a lot as they are binned differently for every report.

UPS dropped spousal coverage for all employees but the kids could still be on the workers policy per the law.  This appears to be happening elsewhere too.

Lots of places have shifted to more part time work so that they won't need to cover employees when the deferral of the employer mandate comes in. 

If they are small companies, that might move them below the number where the employer mandate comes in at all.

But, the rules are in place now so there will be a lot of business for consultants to find ways around the law.

Remember, all these claims that people are so happy about this have come about at the point where you are breaking the law and will be fined if you do not comply.  Had it been otherwise, there would have been a lot of signups early in the process.

#1885 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

There are lots of hidden rules in Obamacare. A couple I learned about.
COBRA. If you elect to go with COBRA ACA requires that you have to stay on it until it expires or you get a new employer plan.
You can no longer carry multiple plans.

#1886 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

UPS dropped spousal coverage for all employees but the kids could still be on the workers policy per the law.  This appears to be happening elsewhere too.

Ted Cruz says policy change by UPS left employees’ spouses “without health insurance”

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

Our ruling

Cruz said that by dropping spousal health insurance for 15,000 employees, UPS left employees’ spouses "without health insurance" and told them to, "go on an exchange with no employer subsidy."

But Cruz ignores that the only spouses being kicked off the UPS plan would be the ones who already had access to an employer-sponsored plan in their own job. This means they wouldn’t be "without health insurance" and wouldn’t have to find coverage on an Obamacare marketplace. We rate the claim False.

http://www.politifac...-employees-spo/

My ruling. Yawn.

#1887 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

COBRA. If you elect to go with COBRA ACA requires that you have to stay on it until it expires or you get a new employer plan.

Not True.

Replacing COBRA with Marketplace coverage Outside Open Enrollment

Outside Open Enrollment, your choices and savings will depend on whether your COBRA coverage is running out or you’re ending it early.

• If your COBRA coverage is ending outside Open Enrollment, you qualify for a special enrollment period. This means you can enroll in a private health plan through the Marketplace. You may qualify for tax credits that can lower your monthly premiums and for lower out-of-pocket costs. This will depend on your household size and income.

• If you’re ending your COBRA coverage early outside Open Enrollment, you will not be able to enroll in a Marketplace plan at all, with our without lower costs.

During the next Open Enrollment period, or when your COBRA coverage expires, you could enroll in a Marketplace plan and be eligible to get premium tax credits and lower out-of-pocket costs, depending on your income.

During Open Enrollment

During the Open Enrollment period you can drop your COBRA coverage and get a plan through the Marketplace instead. This is true even if your COBRA coverage hasn’t run out.

Important: Open Enrollment for coverage in 2014 ended March 31, 2014. The Open Enrollment period for 2015 coverage is November 15, 2014 through February 15, 2015.

When you end your COBRA coverage and apply for a Marketplace plan during Open Enrollment, you may qualify for tax credits that can lower your monthly premiums and for lower out-of-pocket costs. This will depend on your household size and income.

When you fill out a Marketplace application you’ll also find out if you qualify for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).

If you’re planning to replace your COBRA coverage, it’s important not to let your COBRA coverage end before your Marketplace plan starts. Otherwise there will be a gap in your coverage. https://www.healthca...cobra-coverage/

Also,

I have VA medical if I elect to use it and it is not affected if I have a plan under the ACA.

#1888 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Not True.

>>>>>Replacing COBRA with Marketplace coverage Outside Open Enrollment

Outside Open Enrollment, your choices and savings will depend on whether your COBRA coverage is running out or you’re ending it early.

• If your COBRA coverage is ending outside Open Enrollment, you qualify for a special enrollment period. This means you can enroll in a private health plan through the Marketplace. You may qualify for tax credits that can lower your monthly premiums and for lower out-of-pocket costs. This will depend on your household size and income.

• If you’re ending your COBRA coverage early outside Open Enrollment, you will not be able to enroll in a Marketplace plan at all, with our without lower costs.

During the next Open Enrollment period, or when your COBRA coverage expires, you could enroll in a Marketplace plan and be eligible to get premium tax credits and lower out-of-pocket costs, depending on your income.

During Open Enrollment

During the Open Enrollment period you can drop your COBRA coverage and get a plan through the Marketplace instead. This is true even if your COBRA coverage hasn’t run out.

When you end your COBRA coverage and apply for a Marketplace plan during Open Enrollment, you may qualify for tax credits that can lower your monthly premiums and for lower out-of-pocket costs. This will depend on your household size and income.

Important: Open Enrollment for coverage in 2014 ended March 31, 2014. The Open Enrollment period for 2015 coverage is November 15, 2014 through February 15, 2015.

When you fill out a Marketplace application you’ll also find out if you qualify for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).

If you’re planning to replace your COBRA coverage, it’s important not to let your COBRA coverage end before your Marketplace plan starts. Otherwise there will be a gap in your coverage. https://www.healthca...cobra-coverage/

Also,

I have VA medical if I elect to use it and it is not affected if I have a plan under the ACA.

,  Look I'm repeating what I was told by a health care broker.  He stated clearly that the law requires you to stay on COBRA if you sign up until it expires - I suggest you read your own post - It states WHEN YOUR COBRA ends.  Nothing about ending it PRIOR to the COBRA plan ending except this:

• If you’re ending your COBRA coverage early outside Open Enrollment, you will not be able to enroll in a Marketplace plan at all, with our without lower costs.

Edit :  I see where it states you can enroll during open enrollment ONLY  so might be a window, but the fact remains you are stuck with COBRA until an open enrollment period.  example some one loses there job now can't get a new plan in place so they either go uninsured till they get a plan in place or have to sign up for COBRA until the next open enrollment.  Tough choice considering how much COBRA costs.

#1889 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Maybe, after 2,000 pages of law and 20,000 pages of regulations , there's an itty bitty chance that, maybe, just maybe, the HHS and the VA and the IRS and the White House, and Organizing for America, and the ObamaCare Navigators, and the brokers don't know every detail?

#1890 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Odd, that's not what healthcare.gov says:

https://www.healthca...cobra-coverage/

If COBRA runs out outside of open enrollment, you qualify for a special enrollment period.

#1891 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

Maybe the White House changed the law during lunch.

#1892 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

The information I posted came directly from healthcare .gov I suggest you have your broker read it before he gives you more bad advice. The website is also quite clear as to what care prospective customers need to exercise before allowing COBRA to lapse. I understood it and I'm sure anyone else who cares to look understands it as well.

If you’re ending your COBRA coverage early outside Open Enrollment, you will not be able to enroll in a Marketplace plan at all, with our without lower costs.

Pretty clear to me, if you let your COBRA lapse or try to terminate it early so you can access the ACA you will not be able to.

#1893 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

The information I posted came directly from healthcare .gov I suggest you have your broker read it before he gives you more bad advice. The website is also quite clear as to what care prospective customers need to exercise before allowing COBRA to lapse. I understood it and I'm sure anyone else who cares to look understands it as well.

If you’re ending your COBRA coverage early outside Open Enrollment, you will not be able to enroll in a Marketplace plan at all, with our without lower costs.

Pretty clear to me, if you let your COBRA lapse or try to terminate it early so you can access the ACA you will not be able to.

and you think that is a good thing?

#1894 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

If COBRA runs out outside of open enrollment, you qualify for a special enrollment period.

If it runs out = at the end of the plan.    Gee Try and keep up.

#1895 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

I didn't realize until today just how severe your reading comprehension problem is. Help is available if you want it.

#1896 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

I didn't realize until today just how severe your reading comprehension problem is. Help is available if you want it.

Can't answer the question so you resort to insults.   AGAIN:   DO YOU THINK IT IS A GOOD THING THAT PEOPLE THAT USE COBRA HAVE TO STAY ON IT TILL OPEN ENROLLMENT?   

#1897 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

If it runs out outside of open enrollment, you qualify for a special ACA enrollment period as per above cited site.

If it runs out inside of open enrollment, you qualify for the normal ACA enrollment period.

Reading is fundamental.

Looking at the implementation, I can only see a sliver of a sliver of a problem. People who are covered by COBRA outside of open enrollment MUST continue COBRA until the either the next open enrollment or until it terminates and that COBRA plan will have no subsidies.

For example, if someone who has company health insurance gets laid off in May and then gets COBRA, that person will have to pay the full unsubsidized COBRA premium until the next ACA open enrollment period. This should be fixed. Easiest thing to do would be to get rid of COBRA altogether.

#1898 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

If it runs out outside of open enrollment, you qualify for a special ACA enrollment period as per above cited site.

If it runs out inside of open enrollment, you qualify for the normal ACA enrollment period.

Reading is fundamental.

Looking at the implementation, I can only see a sliver of a sliver of a problem. People who are covered by COBRA outside of open enrollment MUST continue COBRA until the either the next open enrollment or until it terminates and that COBRA plan will have no subsidies.

For example, if someone who has company health insurance gets laid off in May and then gets COBRA, that person will have to pay the full unsubsidized COBRA premium until the next ACA open enrollment period. This should be fixed. Easiest thing to do would be to get rid of COBRA altogether.

I agree 

So if some one loses their job and cannot get a new plan in place for 30 - 60 days  ( under the special enrollment plan) they have a tough choice pay thousands of dollars for 7 months of COBRA or go without coverage.  That's assuming that they can even afford the COBRA coverage.

#1899 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

Death to COBRA.

#1900 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Death to COBRA.

So you advocate people going without coverage?  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Place your bets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users