• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tmab11

tmab11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

Just moved to gulf shores area looking to get involved in some sailing. Sailed a lot of 420s in college and a little on beneteau 235 and hobies.

#2 robmo01

robmo01

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, writing, dogs, Baseball, football, beer

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

For what it's worth, the Lakewood Yacht Club in Seabrook Texas is sponsoring a race from Galvestion to Pensacola in May (I believe).  Granted that's not in your neighborhood, but it would be a short drive home from the destination.  I did the Harvest Monn regatta last month and apparently boats in Houston are always looking for crew for these offshore events. 

#3 Mr. Fixit's brother,, Mr. Fixit

Mr. Fixit's brother,, Mr. Fixit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

A buddy of mine at Fairhope YC just bought a VX1.  Buccaneer Yacht Club is the best one design racing around.  Where's Surf Nazi?

Just moved to gulf shores area looking to get involved in some sailing. Sailed a lot of 420s in college and a little on beneteau 235 and hobies.

#4 surf nazi

surf nazi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

if you're interested in od and/ or team racing, pm me and we'll get you hooked up. As stated above, our Club,  Buccaneer Yacht Club , has the most od and team racing going on in the area, mainly finns and scots but with 420's, lasers, vx one's and other boats thrown in the mix too. We're about an hour away from you. You can also check out our website for more info. We're hosting the Middle Bay Light race this weekend which is a fun deal with activities friday through saturday evening. Come check it out.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users