106 replies to this topic

#101 Ishmael

Ishmael

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Go to "More Reply Options", there's an upload function on the full editor.

#102 squiby

squiby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:surf sail ski

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Found it, thanks.

This work? Good crew can trim your spinnaker.

Attached File  Ti Pic.jpeg   94.79K   66 downloads

#103 Ishmael

Ishmael

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

Found it, thanks.

This work?

attachicon.gifTi Pic.jpeg

Yes, and thanks for playing.

#104 Ajax

Ajax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,682 posts
  • Interests:It's Obvious!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

Can she see the luff curl from behind the bimini and dodger? Seems like it would be difficult to trim that way.

#105 SakPase

SakPase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

Thanks...nice to hear from you.  I have thought a lot about what happened to your boat.  My guess is that the hull/deck joint on these boats might be a weak link.  I'm hoping to redo the interior entirely over the next couple of years and I'm thinking about adding in knees (I think that's what you call them) to tie the hull and deck together.  I'd quite honestly like to be able to go anywhere and feel safe with the boat.  It's likely the only boat that I will be able to afford for the next 5 or so years, maybe longer.  So...it's worth it for me to get it solid.  

Are you looking to purchase another boat?

I decided against an oven.  I don't bake a lot and the boat is pretty tight as it is.  I just bought a new (2nd hand) Force 10 2 burner non-gimballed propane stove and a sea swing one burner stove.   So at sea I should be able to cook and have hot drinks.  But generally will be at anchor to cook a bigger meal.  The rice riser sounds like a good idea.

I just bought an Omnia stove top oven too, so I should be able to back things.  

Anyway, thanks for the write up and your thoughts and good luck in further adventures.  

The East and West coasts tritons have different style of deck joint and untill you are doing any significant distance / offshore sailing I would suggest you focus your time and energy elsewhere. The boat as it was from the factory safely brought us throught storms, squalls and gales. People sail lifetimes without getting hit like we did and few boats would come away unscathed.

I actually bought a 48ft C&C recently; feels like a rocketship by comparison.

#106 sully75

sully75

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

Yeah it's not going to happen this season anyway, but I thought it would be a good idea.  I'll probably be holding onto this boat for a while.  If I take out a section of the interior, I'll reinforce that section as I go.  

#107 SakPase

SakPase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

Yeah it's not going to happen this season anyway, but I thought it would be a good idea.  I'll probably be holding onto this boat for a while.  If I take out a section of the interior, I'll reinforce that section as I go.  

If you are there you might as well. My point was don't make more work for yourself than you need to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users