123 replies to this topic

#101 NorCalLaser

NorCalLaser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

You are the person we need to target laws to stop from owning dogs.  You should NOT own another dog ever.

yes, much better to have these pits kept in the hands of folks that will apologize for them and let them carry on, until next time.  YOU are the type of pit apologist that results in maimed and DEAD little kids.

If man doesnt have the right to take out one of these vicious beasts, once aggression is shown, then you might as well wave the white flag now, and hand your life over to these little monsters.

#102 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,273 posts
  • Interests:Various women, various boats, and various states of consciousness.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

Exactly!!!

#103 jetboy

jetboy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

You are the person we need to target laws to stop from owning dogs.  You should NOT own another dog ever.

yes, much better to have these pits kept in the hands of folks that will apologize for them and let them carry on, until next time.  YOU are the type of pit apologist that results in maimed and DEAD little kids.

If man doesnt have the right to take out one of these vicious beasts, once aggression is shown, then you might as well wave the white flag now, and hand your life over to these little monsters.

Mike writes that he has a pattern of getting aggressive breeds for the wrong reasons (he likes that they scare people - which is what feeds his psychological choice of wanting an aggressive dog.  If you actually think a dog make you safer from humans, you're not smart enough to have a dog.  Then he cannot properly train and keep those aggressive breeds in a safe and effective manner so he takes them to the woods and shoots them.  Yet he continues to go get more of the same breed???  Some people should not have dogs.  Mike in Seattle is one of those people.

#104 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,669 posts
  • Interests:SA is DEAD

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

^ -- correct but having a dog has always involved either intended early warning services of something thats not right - or even providing some level of security however any breed can do this even a teacup poodle. However when you have people who genetically engineer the dog so that it no longer is just a warning device but also capable of killing then you have a whole new ball game regarding what role that animal plays in society. Aggressive physically dangerous dogs were usually shot when the purpose of having them was for companion ship and early warning of something being wrong. (Why? Simple back in the day an aggressive dog could end up killing children or important live stock easily even with just a bite given medical drigs and such were not around to address infections or prevent rabies etc) Dogs which are highly capable by genetic design are tools for a specific use and used by Humans for a purpose ie sled dogs, Hunting/protection dogs like say Rhodesian Ridgeback  which even today in places where they are actually used in the manner they were bred for they are viewed as a service animal not for running loose playing with the kids etc.

The pit we all know what it was genetically designed for its a service animal and its service is based on being low slung, powerful body with massively powerful jaw for dog fighting. The lower slung more powerful it is the better it is at dog fighting in a ring. You won't find the hard core dog fighting types letting their prized fighters roam free with the kids in the back yard. At least not the people who value human life more than the dog.

#105 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,303 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

knowing my feelings a girl I know got a rescue Pit

I was NOT impressed

Dog is kool and all, she thinks I Hate her Dog

I like the Dog just think She's Stupid to pick a Pit when so many others need Love Too

Well her dog has problems with tiny dogs at the park that tease her dog till her dog defendz its self

I tell her it's All her fault = When the Kops or Animal Kontrool or a Jury decides = It's a Pit

She's distend to a Live of Defending her dog at every turn regardless of the situation

Like having a bike w No Mufflers = every-time anyone hears a Loud Bike "It's You" that woke em up or Pissed them off !!! 

Having a Pit is More than having a Dog, Like a Tat on your forehead is more than just a Tat = It's an invitation to Argue the issue  ;)

Endlessly !!!!!!

#106 jetboy

jetboy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

^ -- correct but having a dog has always involved either intended early warning services of something thats not right - or even providing some level of security however any breed can do this even a teacup poodle. However when you have people who genetically engineer the dog so that it no longer is just a warning device but also capable of killing then you have a whole new ball game regarding what role that animal plays in society. Aggressive physically dangerous dogs were usually shot when the purpose of having them was for companion ship and early warning of something being wrong. (Why? Simple back in the day an aggressive dog could end up killing children or important live stock easily even with just a bite given medical drigs and such were not around to address infections or prevent rabies etc) Dogs which are highly capable by genetic design are tools for a specific use and used by Humans for a purpose ie sled dogs, Hunting/protection dogs like say Rhodesian Ridgeback  which even today in places where they are actually used in the manner they were bred for they are viewed as a service animal not for running loose playing with the kids etc.

The pit we all know what it was genetically designed for its a service animal and its service is based on being low slung, powerful body with massively powerful jaw for dog fighting. The lower slung more powerful it is the better it is at dog fighting in a ring. You won't find the hard core dog fighting types letting their prized fighters roam free with the kids in the back yard. At least not the people who value human life more than the dog.

If you read my other comments, I think we're probably mostly in agreement.  The breed should be banned.  Every living member should be sterilized and in one generation we no longer have this issue.

#107 NorCalLaser

NorCalLaser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

If you read my other comments, I think we're probably mostly in agreement.  The breed should be banned.  Every living member should be sterilized and in one generation we no longer have this issue.

Yes, they should.  Which is why im confused by your stance re: mike.  If every pit owner acted like mike, there would be little or no attacks, and the outcome you describe would happen sooner.  Pit owners that don't take action when their dogs show aggression are a huge problem.

Blowing a dogs brains out is certainly not a nice or pleasant outcome, but its far better than dead innocent children.

PS-- when we had a peeping tom incident at the house, the cops recommended getting a dog and a gun

#108 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Yes, they should.  Which is why im confused by your stance re: mike.  If every pit owner acted like mike, there would be little or no attacks, and the outcome you describe would happen sooner.  Pit owners that don't take action when their dogs show aggression are a huge problem.

Blowing a dogs brains out is certainly not a nice or pleasant outcome, but its far better than dead innocent children.

PS-- when we had a peeping tom incident at the house, the cops recommended getting a dog and a gun

My brother got the same recommendation from the Sheriffs dept after their house was broken into in Sacramento. His wife walked in via the back garage door opposite side of where the three with what turned out to be fairly extensive criminal backgrounds had kicked in a french door. They are pretty sure they were not in the house when she got home but you could imagine what might have been. She walked into the house via the inside garage door to see clothes strewn down the hall, she thought the cat had gone nutz and made a mess till she saw their bedroom tossed upside down - she split out the way she came in and called the cops. Two months later they had a black lab mix puppy estimated size about 80lbs and had installed an alarm system and put a monitoring service on it the main reason being my brother was away til late most nights attending law school classes.

The three were caught when the sheriff's dept on a hunch did a "welfare check" on a known criminal who had an address about a mile from the breakin. Turns out they were right he had stolen goods from my brothers house and a few other homes they tested a coke can left at my brothers and pulled a finger print belonging to another known criminal that this guy was known to hang with so they had two nailed my brother thinks that the third was caught because he returned to the house where the stolen goods were and admitted that he was involved. Last we heard all three were sent to jail for between 3-7yrs due to their prior criminal history.

#109 jetboy

jetboy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

My issue was not putting the dog down.  My issue was that he repeatedly and continues to get pitbulls for the wrong reasons and is clearly incapable of keeping them.  The first bad decision starts when he chooses a pitbul because it looks scary.  For me this identifies him as the wrong owner for a pitbull.  Then he keeps them in such a way that they have the opportunity to be aggressive toward someone in a dangerous situation.  Then he kills them.   This is not healthy for the dogs he "rescues" only to kill because he doesn't treat them with the respect that is necessary to safely let these dogs live out the rest of their lives.  It's also very dangerous for the kids he lets play with them and his family.

For a normal person, the story would go more like this:  I got a pitbull.  It was a dangerous dog.  I recognized this and had the dog put down.  Then I learned about dog breeds and which ones are rational responsible choices for a family pet.  I got a lab/golden/bull dog/boston and we now have a happy well adjusted family pet. 

#110 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

My issue was not putting the dog down.  My issue was that he repeatedly and continues to get pitbulls for the wrong reasons and is clearly incapable of keeping them.  The first bad decision starts when he chooses a pitbul because it looks scary.  For me this identifies him as the wrong owner for a pitbull.  Then he keeps them in such a way that they have the opportunity to be aggressive toward someone in a dangerous situation.  Then he kills them.   This is not healthy for the dogs he "rescues" only to kill because he doesn't treat them with the respect that is necessary to safely let these dogs live out the rest of their lives.  It's also very dangerous for the kids he lets play with them and his family.

For a normal person, the story would go more like this:  I got a pitbull.  It was a dangerous dog.  I recognized this and had the dog put down.  Then I learned about dog breeds and which ones are rational responsible choices for a family pet.  I got a lab/golden/bull dog/boston and we now have a happy well adjusted family pet. 

None of those were options for me Jetboy however I get your point the traits the Pit has only really work for one type of need #1 Scary (for good reason if your doing dog fighting) #2 Wicked strong and compact (For a good reason if your doing dog fighting)

My needs were short hair - mid sized for ability to make it through the majority of a day without a potty, and the ultimate gotcha easy on wood floors, the other aspects were easily trained / fairly reserved personality. Only one breed meets all of those wants and thats what I got. We're on our second one now 16yrs later and very happy.

#111 us7070

us7070

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,525 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

Leeds woman who died after being attacked by own dogs 'may have been pregnant' Police have arrested a 33 year-old man on suspicion of offences under the Dangerous Dogs Act

http://www.telegraph...n-pregnant.html

A mother of four children who was savaged to death by her pet dogs is believed to have been pregnant at the time of the horrific attack.

The news came as it emerged police have arrested a 33 year-old man on suspicion of offences under the Dangerous Dogs Act.

Following Emma Bennett's death on Tuesday night, her boyfriend posted on Facebook: "R.I.P emma and our bump u was deeply loved by all and will sadly be missed by me and all that knew u know ur with the angels love u u will always be in my heart and on my mind to the day we meet again xx"

West Yorkshire Police confirmed they arrested a man on Tuesday.

Detective Superintendent Simon Beldon, who is leading the investigation, said: "Early indications are that the two dogs seized from the address are American pit bull terriers although tests are still ongoing to establish their exact make up.

"Dogs of this type are subject to restrictions under the Dangerous Dogs Act and our enquiries are focused on this aspect.

"We are continuing to appeal for anyone with information about the incident or the dogs involved in it to contact the investigation team."

Anyone with any information is asked to contact detectives at West Yorkshire Police's Protective Services Crime via 101.

#112 hobie17li

hobie17li

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Went to a nice party after Thanksgiving at a friend's house. Their children

all in their 20s were there. His daughter has a pitbull. and I am not really a

dog lover, used to have dogs. The thing barked at me and then started humping

my leg, made me very uncomfortable. but I didn't allow such behavior even if 

it was a party. I feel lucky the dog liked me at least

#113 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

#1 mistake made by the owner is giving the dog free roam of the party. Even if it was a toy poodle you put the dog away for the party which will have strangers to the dog in the house. Pit owner that doesn't get this is playing russian roulette and doesn't even know it.

#114 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Good to hear you survived the incident. When my brother's pit lived with me for a couple years, he was a chronic humper as well! It was a bit embarrassing, but it kept him happy enough that he was able to avoid the urge to eat small children. Thankfully, he was usually satisfied to express himself with what I quickly conceded was now "his" pillow.

#115 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,303 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

dogshot.jpg?w=1202

SAN DIEGO — An officer shot and killed a pit bull Tuesday after it bit another officer and would not let go of his arm, police said.

The shooting took place in the yard of a home in the 700 block of 40th Street at about 9 a.m.

A San Diego police detective and an FBI agent went to the home for some kind of “complianace check,” investigators said. The dog, which was not tied up, attacked the officers, biting both of them, according to police. The dog clamped on to arm of one of the officers and would not let go. The officers tried get the dog to release the officer’s arm by hitting it, but the dog did not release until they shot it, according to investigators.

Both officers suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

#116 2high2tight

2high2tight

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:sailing, sailing porn, porn

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

Humping isn't funny. Its a dominance thing. The dog is trying to make a point about pecking order -- and the issue is that if you don't push back it can be a long term problem. But if you push back on a canine snapping turtle like a Pit Bull it can escalate in an eyeblink. All dogs -- being pack aninals -- establish their place in the hierarchy in the home. Right now we are finishing up the dominance game between our 8mo old French Bulldog and the 6 year old. The dog started humping the kid (just once in a while) -- and of course the wife and kids were "stop that...oh thats gross, stop that". Me and the 6 year old agreed that the best option was to wrestle the dog when ever it happens. Which of course both the dog and kid love. Kid of course wins -- and the attempted humpin stopped in a couple days. Caveat however -- this particular French Bulldog (like most of them) is a love bug so there was never any chance of danger to the kid. However, if things had been different, and I hadn't been able to manage the dominance thing - that dog would be looking for a new home.

#117 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

Humping isn't funny. Its a dominance thing. The dog is trying to make a point about pecking order -- and the issue is that if you don't push back it can be a long term problem. But if you push back on a canine snapping turtle like a Pit Bull it can escalate in an eyeblink. All dogs -- being pack aninals -- establish their place in the hierarchy in the home. Right now we are finishing up the dominance game between our 8mo old French Bulldog and the 6 year old. The dog started humping the kid (just once in a while) -- and of course the wife and kids were "stop that...oh thats gross, stop that". Me and the 6 year old agreed that the best option was to wrestle the dog when ever it happens. Which of course both the dog and kid love. Kid of course wins -- and the attempted humpin stopped in a couple days. Caveat however -- this particular French Bulldog (like most of them) is a love bug so there was never any chance of danger to the kid. However, if things had been different, and I hadn't been able to manage the dominance thing - that dog would be looking for a new home.

Prime example of someone who knows what the dog humping ones leg means. A Pit thats allowed to do this and in a large gathering of people ie party at the house its like leaving a loaded gun out on the table during the house party. Only takes one odd moment and someone gets shot er pit attacked.

News last night in the Bay Area massive Pit fighting and training location discovered all sorts of dogs rounded up with injuries - all kinds of training equipment seized. Leading up to the discovery the animal control had been seeing a large number of calls and recovery of pits in the area most with injury associated to dog fighting. I didn't see any Golden doodles or Dobermans being rounded up on the news footage - only pits many that were pretty damn aggressive.

#118 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,303 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

1536653_10151819431802267_1219465421_n.p

#119 another 505 sailor

another 505 sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,524 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:13 AM

It happened again.
A rescue dog
http://wtnh.com/2014...ord/?hpt=us_bn7

BRANFORD, Conn. (WTNH)– A 93-year-old woman was mauled by a pit-bull while walking in Branford, Sunday.

Police say just before 2 PM, the mixed breed pit-bull broke free from inside its owner’s home and attacked the woman, Rita Pepe, as she was walking at the intersection of Harbor Street and McKinnel Court.

Several neighbors came to victim’s aid and began fighting off the pit-bull using her cane and a baseball bat until the owner could subdue the dog.

Bill Cronin, who came to Pepe’s aid said that if no one was there to help, the dog would have killed her.

“A large dog emanated from the back of [the] home, and we thought it was chasing a fire truck,” Cronin said. “But then it made an immediate right turn and took this elderly woman down like a wounded animal.”
“The dog was able to break free from the home, it was a new animal into the home, so it doesn’t appear as though there was any intent on the owner’s behalf,” said Captain Geoffrey Morgan of the Branford police department. Neighbors said that as far as they know, the dog didn’t have a history of aggression. The owner had just gotten it months ago.

“The owners were usually very diligent. They always had him on a leash, they were always training him,” said neighbor Charlie Davis. “From what I know, they actually even hired a professional trainer to work with the dog.”
“I just think it’s sad, really,” another neighbor said. “The people who own the dog are great people, they never would have gotten that dog if they knew it was going to do this.”
We’re all disappointed, and sad that it had to happen.

#120 skins

skins

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:06 AM

You guys are all pussies...

A dogs behavior is primarily driven by its upbringing, socialization, and care.

Many pits are abused, then adopted, and people wonder why they act aggressively.  This is not result only found in pits....this can be any dog.  Its unfortunate that more pits (relative to other breeds) are initially conditioned in abusive environments.

http://www.buzzfeed....th-in-pit-bulls

Oh yeah, and its the guns that kill too.

#121 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:19 AM

If she had a gun....

#122 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,789 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:45 AM

I don't want to get into the pitbull shitfight, but rather I've changed my mind on them recently.

I know there are some genuinely shitty, genuinely dangerous pit bull owners out there, BUT ...

We live in a town next to Denver, which has outlawed pitbulls, so there are a lot of rescue pitbulls in our town. My neighbor got one (excellent owner), after some rehab and expensive training she has turned out to be one of the sweetest, calmest dogs I've ever known. My friend on the other side of Golden got a boy pit bull, he's also an excellent owner, and that little guy is just an awesome little dog, very gentle, doesn't even bark when I come into his house unannounced from the garage. Gently gnaws on a favorite shoe without leaving a mark on it, I guess he just gums it.

Both of these pits would make absolutely horrid watchdogs because they seem to love everyone they meet, and it's good that they're both good owners.

I know the conventional wisdom to never let your guard completely down with a pit, and I'm told that a disproportionate number of attacks are from pits,  but I just wanted to share what little sweeties are those dogs.

#123 skins

skins

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted Today, 05:27 AM

And why single out the pits? There is a huge pit population in the US (even though they are often 'put to sleep' by many shelters well before other breeds)...and you're all relying on your interwebs links to prove any given dog is trouble solely due to genetics.

What about Rottweilers, huskies, German sheepherds, mastiffs, Doberman pinchers, chows, ridge backs, any unknown mix, any dog over 60 lbs....?

I was in Chicago this week...every time I watched the news I saw at least one story of a black male shooting or stabbing another person...often seemed to be random...but you can only learn so much from the evening news.

What do you folks think about that???

#124 another 505 sailor

another 505 sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,524 posts

Posted Today, 01:09 PM

I think the excessive damage that occurs when a pit bull attacks is a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users