• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#101 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Interests:Traveling to far away sailing venues and terrorizing the locals!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

Hell, just build some boats and go sailing... 
PDX fleet is pretty damn cool!!!  When you guys coming up to Oly again?

'Zilla!!!
Build boats and go sailing... That's always been the plan!! You need to lean on NZMark to get his boat done and join the fun! I know he's got a tin Viper rig looking for a boat!
The Gladiator crew have all missed our winter haunt in Oly and hanging out with the Showtime crew!! Those were some badass times with the Cheetah... Looking to get up there with the i550 for BlackStar again this year...

#102 Boatzilla

Boatzilla

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:25 AM

'Zilla!!!
Build boats and go sailing... That's always been the plan!! You need to lean on NZMark to get his boat done and join the fun! I know he's got a tin Viper rig looking for a boat!
The Gladiator crew have all missed our winter haunt in Oly and hanging out with the Showtime crew!! Those were some badass times with the Cheetah... Looking to get up there with the i550 for BlackStar again this year...

Yup - those were some fun times, and that's what it's all about right.  Great to hear that the BlackStar regatta is on the PDX fleet's schedule again!  A lot of people took notice of the i550s last year during the BlackStar.       

Also, I got a NACRA 5.2 to fill the speed void left by the Viper. Hehe.

#103 kmcfast

kmcfast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

Oh keep telling funny stories... I'm sure that's all true and that's why there are more i550s sailing in Portland and being built in the NW than anywhere... Yeah... Good try... I'm sure I had not a thing to do with that and it was all your exemplary marketing and product support.

Eric, Read this it might help.....

How to Win Friends & Influence People:Dale Carnegie

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/0671027034

#104 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
  • Interests:...pimping HOOTs
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

One thing Gladiator is right about. I need to finish the boat!

....it's pretty clear that if you build a boat that resembles an i550,,,and meet up with others,,,you'll be greeted with open arms,,,,and perhaps one fist holding a favorite local brew for you!....I have a feeling this'll -always- be the case

...it's also pretty clear that  the monthly full-moon frolics won't  change until there's ~20-30 boats sailing for a couple of years ,,,and people get some perspective

#105 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:44 AM

Oh Kevin... I know you have some strange attraction for me, but I really just don't want to be friends with you... Sorry.

#106 kmcfast

kmcfast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

Oh Kevin... I know you have some strange attraction for me, but I really just don't want to be friends with you... Sorry.

Eric, Reading comprehension was never your strong suit....

#107 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

'Zilla!!!

Yup - those were some fun times, and that's what it's all about right.  Great to hear that the BlackStar regatta is on the PDX fleet's schedule again!  A lot of people took notice of the i550s last year during the BlackStar.       

Also, I got a NACRA 5.2 to fill the speed void left by the Viper. Hehe.
Those sure were fun times with friends and fun people!

NACRa 5.2! Sweet! Haul that down to VLSC in June for their big PIYA regatta... I'm sure we will be there with the i550s!

#108 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
  • Interests:970-507-0428. Recognized Owner of the i550 design and main hawker of all things i550, Owner of Watershed Sailboats with Susan, my wife. Challenging Woodworking (the regular stuff is boring).

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

We are going to monitor this site once in the a.m. and p.m., but we have been forced to unsubscribe to both SA i550 forums, one that we started. Due to the endless perversion of these forums by a very small percentage of i550 plan set owners, we will be writing and making a pdf in the next week, which anyone can get through our email as below. We anticipate that this long, comprehensive documentation will prove emphatically that Watershed owns the i550 design.

This stunt of attempting to hijack our design has happened & failed twice in the last few years. Once in China. We shut them down. And, once by the embittered designer, who regretted he had sold us the design so cheaply. He could not even give away the plans & he made up so much fiction about producing FRP i550’s and European partners. You can find his long abandoned 2012 Blog at:

http://open550.blogspot.com/.

So here’s a warning to those who might think they can purchase plans from another rogue source, who bought 5 hull licenses, 5 plan sets, and 5 full kits from Watershed:

1. The CAD professional who redrew the files & pdf’s put “Watershed Sailboats,” on every drawing he drew, to specify that it was derived from previous plans, clearly meant to be owned by us. This CAD professional offered in a phone conversation with Tim to redraw the plans for us. Eric came in later in the process.
  2. As Geoff of Velocity Boatworks pointed out above, how are you going to get a legit hull number? Do you want to risk that you buy plans or whatever taken off our products, spend a lot of time & sweat & find out you don’t have a legit boat?
  3. We are confident that i550Class.org,’s proposed constitution, to be voted on Feb. 1, will pass and will include i550 configurations A-1 to A-6. This constitution will include: “3.8 Recognized Design Owner (RDO) shall be defined as “Tim Reiter of Watershed Sailboats, or any future successor to ownership of the design”.
  4. Ask Geoff Martin of Velocity Boatworks just how difficult it is to jump through all the bureaucratic hoops, not to mention the huge dollar investment and time necessary to successfully manufacture boats. 

Enough for now. Keep tuned, campers.

WATERSHED

#109 Cock Zest

Cock Zest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

This thread makes you all look absolutely ridiculous. The trolling is humorous, but what makes it better are the insane reply's. It's fucking comical!

To the idiots who are actually associated and hope to make a living off of this boat. Do yourselves a favor and stop posting. None of you have any grasp of the basic rules of the internet.

People who are interested in the i550 class are going to do a search, read this drivel and then call Thompson, Shaw or some other kit designer who doesn't sound like a 5 year old who had their lolly pop taken by a bully...

Fucking Canadians...

#110 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

People who are interested in the i550 class are going to do a search, read this drivel and then call Thompson, Shaw or some other kit designer who doesn't sound like a 5 year old who had their lolly pop taken by a bully...

Or....maybe they will to a search and land on the class site, http://www.i550class.org

Believe it or not, you can go to an i550 forum where rational adults conduct i550 business and are not bothered with middle-school mentality, internet-tough-guys spouting a lot of nonsense.

Contrary to one opinion, posted here on SA, it is not exclusive.  One person has been flicked in 20 months of operation. One.  Another entity was recently de-activated by their own request. The forum is closely monitored and discussions are kept civil.  

- the class site forum (http://www.i550class.org/forums/) has over 165 members

- 78 of them have been active on the site since January 1, 2014

- We have over 3,780 posts, the majority of which have to do with either building or racing an i550

Maybe it is too early to tell, but the numbers make it look as if people actually WANT a fairly tight rule set.  I've said often enough (although for some reason, Eric will never acknowledge it) the one design program that the Portland folks have put together is awesome and you should go there, too.

The i550class site has built a community of builders from more than 15 countries, all interested contributing.

SO if you are sick of this puerile entertainment, go to the class site or the portland (NA) site.  I am done with anything i550 on SA.  

On the other hand, if you are interested in the astute comments of someone with screen names, like "Cock Zest" then don't bother with the i550class site.  I mean, Junior High was kind of fun, for a year or two...then it got old.

#111 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

Fucking Canadians...

..............I resemble that comment <_<

...........not too far off th'mark otherwise :mellow:

#112 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

I've said often enough the one design program that the Portland folks have put together is awesome and you should go there,

Thanks Tim, and I do acknowledge it... What MANY of us actively racing the boat don't want to see is a rule set that restricts innovation, is self serving, or that eliminates boats built to the spirit of the design. The tolerances need to be kept loose enough for the early home builders and can be reviewed when there is an issue. At this time there is no need to have tighter tolerances and that comes from the people who are actually racing the boats.

#113 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

What's interesting is the while the original rule set that the i550class operates under actually excludes all of the PDX boats from their class, the fact that they are now changing those rules to allow the PDX boats to be legal to race with them sort of indicates that the majority wants a less restrictive rule set not a more restrictive one. Heck, unless a change is voted in, the new Velocity boats can't race with the i550class.  As to the grandfathering, who currently building their i550 in the spirit of the currently accepted original rules wants to have to beg for inclusion in a class simply because you did something a little different than what they did? Thankfully, you will still have the North American class to join which is and will remain being inclusive of everyone who has built to the spirit of the rules.  As a plus, the NA folks, while their forum many not have as many members, the info is free to anyone to read, not just if you join and they have certainly lead the way in promoting the sailing and racing of the i550 better than anyone else here in the US. 

#114 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:i550 SportBoat & VELOCITY 7.1 Sailing. Building. Finish carpenter by trade cabinet maker. Built boats in the past.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

For the people that are already sailing an i550, could you please comment on what sail loft you have used, what cloth was used, things you would or would not change and if you are happy with your choice.

Thanks.
Geoff.

#115 jray

jray

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

What's interesting is the while the original rule set that the i550class operates under actually excludes all of the PDX boats from their class, the fact that they are now changing those rules to allow the PDX boats to be legal to race with them sort of indicates that the majority wants a less restrictive rule set not a more restrictive one. Heck, unless a change is voted in, the new Velocity boats can't race with the i550class.  As to the grandfathering, who currently building their i550 in the spirit of the currently accepted original rules wants to have to beg for inclusion in a class simply because you did something a little different than what they did? Thankfully, you will still have the North American class to join which is and will remain being inclusive of everyone who has built to the spirit of the rules.  As a plus, the NA folks, while their forum many not have as many members, the info is free to anyone to read, not just if you join and they have certainly lead the way in promoting the sailing and racing of the i550 better than anyone else here in the US. 

Go ahead log in totalxs and enjoy!!

#116 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:45 AM

For the people that are already sailing an i550, could you please comment on what sail loft you have used, what cloth was used, things you would or would not change and if you are happy with your choice.

Thanks.
Geoff.

North Loft Portland for 4 of 5 boats... Dacron main/jib with RBS battens with rocket tensioner & Air-x 500 Spin... Very happy!
1 of 5 used Banks... Mylar sails and a HUGE headed spinnaker... They are happy but can't gybe the cloth efficiently in light air.

#117 jray

jray

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

The i550class.org is now open for anyone, on a read only basis. Sign up to post or see pictures.

#118 i550sailor

i550sailor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

Its a good day boat building here in Colorado, get up early in the morning and work on the boat, watch your team advance to the Super Bowl, post it here on SA, then head back into the garage to do more work on the boat… Life is good.

#119 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
  • Interests:970-507-0428. Recognized Owner of the i550 design and main hawker of all things i550, Owner of Watershed Sailboats with Susan, my wife. Challenging Woodworking (the regular stuff is boring).

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Very well, Couch. Thank you for asking!

KIT SPECIAL:
We haven't run this GREAT special in a long time. $500 off! $2,000 for Meranti Marine Plywood KIT, shipped anywhere to the lower 48. We have found a much better shipper, that ships for only about $300 dollars, so you save money there, as well. Special good until 2/21/14. Shipping quote good for 30 days. Email or call as below for details. This special is cheaper than many can buy only the plywood!

#120 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Thanks.
Geoff.

Since you are looking at sails as a production builder, I woud also contact Neil Pryde - Bob Pattison.  Their sails are actually quite nice and the ones they provided me are great. In addition, price will probably be a big factor on the basic boat so entry level price may be more important than overall performance.  None of the rules, existing or proposed, seem to regulate the sails much so I would think it would be OK to make a sailaway price and then offer a sail delete option so the buyer could go with whom they wish.

#121 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Very well, Couch. Thank you for asking!

KIT SPECIAL:
We haven't run this GREAT special in a long time. $500 off! $2,000 for Meranti Marine Plywood KIT, shipped anywhere to the lower 48. We have found a much better shipper, that ships for only about $300 dollars, so you save money there, as well. Special good until 2/21/14. Shipping quote good for 30 days. Email or call as below for details. This special is cheaper than many can buy only the plywood!

...thanks,,,that answers my question very well,,,much appreciate it! :)  ;)

#122 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Yes, Again thank you for aiding us on getting the word out on our special. We have a special price on our excellent meranti marine ply & shipping which
allows us to make this special offer.

Attached File  kit1little3-300x225.jpg   29.39K   15 downloads

#123 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

Yes, Again thank you for aiding us on getting the word out on our special. We have a special price on our excellent meranti marine ply & shipping which
allows us to make this special offer.

attachicon.gifkit1little3-300x225.jpg

...NOICE!!,,,,that really sounds like quite a -special-!!

.......................a bright future indeed :)

#124 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:i550 SportBoat & VELOCITY 7.1 Sailing. Building. Finish carpenter by trade cabinet maker. Built boats in the past.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Since we are working on the layup for the i550 rudder mould.
And we are talking value, especially with our USA customers since your dollar goes further.
Check this out.

The i550 ruddr is an open design for the builder to look at, so we will take your design and mill cores to suit. We have access to a 3 and 5 axis milling machinine. We offer a standard moulded rudder or we can do yours.

Standard moulded rudder vacumed bagged, made of carbon and cored and finished in high gloss white ready for your hardware placement. $ 695.00.

Optional wet sand, ready for racing. $ 100.00

Contact us for for shipping and hardware costs.

Remember, these prices are in Canadian dollars. That's true value my friends.

Geoff@veloctyboatworks.com

We are also working on the rudder cassette and keel strut.

#125 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Since we are working on the layup for the i550 rudder mould.

Standard moulded rudder vacumed bagged, made of carbon and cored and finished in high gloss white.

Dimensions? NACA number? Weight? Core material?

#126 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

I will share the weight and dimensions at some point, even pictures. As for shape, and NACA #, I choose right now not to share that.
I will most likely take some flak over that, but what's new.

#127 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

hummm,,,for those of you who enjoy shitshows (or not),,,

....here's what happens if you try to bridge-build ,,be optimistic,,or make peace with these podunc's....

...just so you know before you find yourself in the middle of this .

......the quotes below are what you can expect to see if you get involved in the i550 organization in -any- significant way---these people are NUTZ!!!!

...'bright future indeed' :wacko: 

couchsurfer

Sent 21 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

..hi folks,,,I'm liking the new approach of restraint,,

,,as an act of faith in the i550's bright future,,I'm happy to have deleted a few of my posts from the bright future thread,,,,,particularly the ones where I'm holding quotes of others.

...I'll be happy to remove some more from both threads if/when I see a few others doing the same,,

,,and raise a glass to the i550's bright future,,,,with Geoff selling lotsa boats,,,,and watershed quietly prospering in the plans/kits department!!.........CHEERS!!........michael

timber

Sent Yesterday, 07:23 PM

First off we offered twice Let Bygones be Bygones. That offer still
stands.
For a very long time,if we posted something like "the sky is Blue," 3
individuals would immediately pounce on us with the same talking points. Twisting& quoting us & everyone else over & over again. We believed this to have been an
orchestrated attempt to kill our business by casting doubt on Tim's expertise &
the quality of our products. Michael chided us forever that we had never built
this boat multiple times & then admitted on SailingX, that he had refurbished an i550, but never had built one himself. He has has been cruel, mean & nasty.
BUT WE GIVE. You have almost destroyed our business, except now we have the HOPE of Geoff. It took so long to get through to our agreement because Geoff. along
with his wife Laurie, went through a horrible, rare bone Cancer scare (barely
mentioned by him online) & we prayed for them every day. We still do.
So, TRUCE. PAX. Water under the Bridge. We will not post anything negative unlesssomeone attacks us. But we will not be quiet. As said above, Watershed & Velocityhave an agreement that lays out shared duties. We will not shirk those duties
just because someone wants us to be quiet.
As Geoff said online:
Couchsurfer...
"I'm not quite sure what you know or what you think you know about the business
relationship, that myself (Velocity) and T&S (Watershed) have, but I can assure
you..no builders rights have been sold. What has transpired, is confidential
between myself and them."
And also from the same post:
"Perhaps there are a lot people that need to "be quiet " as you put it."
So let us go forward respectfully & in peace, because all this sniping at each
other hurts the boat on all fronts.
Respectfully,
S&T

couchsurfer

Sent Yesterday, 07:31 PM

ahh,well,,,I can't ask for private restraint,,,public would be the most I'd wish for.

...those 2 public responses were great :)

juswannagofast

Sent Yesterday, 07:45 PM

I very much like your last post here S&T.
Hope all is well,,,,and oh ya...I have a shit ton of snow to send you guys. We are getting hammered. I think we are getting what your area should be getting. And it's COLD. did I mention it is COLD.

#128 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Couch,
Woke up this a.m., being bannned from your personal conversation. We did not
get to read the responses because we had an internet outage. Then you call
us NUTZ, which we suppose includes Geoff of Velocity. Trouble is, like always. you left out your part of the post where you again told us to be quiet.
Same old same old. We offered peace, but do you really want it? By posting up our personal (and partial) conversation ... guess you do not.
S&T

#129 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Couch. The only one killing anything is you, you seriously need to get a life. You are single handily destroying a class. I hope to hell they remove you from anything on the class.org site. You are a first class shit disturber.

#130 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

Wish I could post the whole thread that you partly posted Couch. But you removed it. Somthing a first class douche would do.
Anyway. I'm moving along and will keep working away. I have nothing to prove to you or to anyone infact. My build quality will prove itself.
So in the meantime. Get back on your bi polar meds.
STFU
And go build a boat. You accuse others of not building. How about you put your money where your mouth is. Methinks you actually dont have the skills to build one.

#131 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

couchsurfer

,,as an act of faith in the i550's bright future,,I'm happy to have deleted a few of my posts from the bright future thread,,,,,particularly the ones where I'm holding quotes of others.

...I'll be happy to remove some more from both threads if/when I see a few others doing the same,,

,,and raise a glass to the i550's bright future,,,,with Geoff selling lotsa boats,,,,and watershed quietly prospering in the plans/kits department!!.........CHEERS!!........michael

Couch,
us NUTZ, which we suppose includes Geoff of Velocity. Trouble is, like always. you left out your part of the post where you again told us to be quiet.
Same old same old. We offered peace, but do you really want it? By posting up our personal (and partial) conversation ... guess you do not.
S&T

...there you go!,,,can you see the one mention I made of being 'quiet' ???

...after such a response ,,I see no reason to give you access to my PM's--I acted too quick in thinking you had taken a new approach,,,my bad <_<

Couch. The only one killing anything is you, you seriously need to get a life. You are single handily destroying a class. I hope to hell they remove you from anything on the class.org site. You are a first class shit disturber.

...if quoting your words is 'killing' a class,,then so be it :mellow:

...I think it's important that people realize what they're getting into.

...I bought a boat ~3 years ago,,then bought a new set of plans from watershed in order to 'pay some dues'.

...........for some reason,,,these folks then start sending me copies of various -toxic- communications they've had----my impression and response was to suggest to T/S that they were inflaming the exchanges.

......I would be happy to post any of that crap here if you're curious--it might be interesting reading for those who want to know what it's like in here!! :blink:

...but then again,,I suppose you're already well aware of the 'inner dialogue' that goes on here :mellow:

#132 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

Wish I could post the whole thread that you partly posted Couch. But you removed it. Somthing a first class douche would do.
Anyway. I'm moving along and will keep working away. I have nothing to prove to you or to anyone infact. My build quality will prove itself.
So in the meantime. Get back on your bi polar meds.
STFU
And go build a boat. You accuse others of not building. How about you put your money where your mouth is. Methinks you actually dont have the skills to build one.

.....no worries--here's an unedited copy of the complete conversation if that's what you'd like--I had thought that S's mention of how T has trouble shimming a door frame might not be of interest.

....and now I join the ranks of MANY who've been slurred by the 'off your meds' reference!--it's amazing how you folks speak in the same tongue!

...no I won't shut up,,,I bought a boat,rebuilt it,paid my dues,,enjoy racing and sailing it,,,

,,,and I think anyone with an open mind would agree that I've put a LOT of effort into trying to make a positive situation out of this MESS <_<

...how anyone can take a simple 'congratulations-I've removed some quotes I made',,

,,,and twist it into such toxic vitriol is beyond me

bright future indeed!!......

couchsurfer

SoAPieceOfStringWalksIntoABar...

Sent Yesterday, 05:39 AM

Yeah, we all here have had disagreements/misunderstandings and hard feelings, but it's best for us all to just get on with our class, business, fleet, boat. Picture us on a small boat on a long trip, stuck with each other! Together there's probably a lot of good stuff that can be accomplished on all those fronts. That must be our focus, rather than the silly petty squabbling. We all can do better!
-Chad
That ship has already left the barn.
couchsurfer

Sent Yesterday, 08:24 AM

...reminds me of a marriage-gone-bad I had,,,where we managed to stay positive by focusing on our 'kid'...the bright-spot of our getting together :)

timber

Anarchist

Sent Yesterday, 08:42 AM

Tim is out hanging a new front door for a client. We will put our thoughts together and respond when he gets home. There is positive here and that's
encouraging. However, we cannot just be "quiet" (which is demeaning in the first place), but our agreement with Velocity includes us being in a very active role in each other's businesses.
S and T
timber

Anarchist

Sent Yesterday, 04:00 PM

Well, a per usual a 4 hr. install has turned into a 12-hr one as the house frame is wonked. Happens a lot here in Pagosa due to the ever-shifting
clay soil, especially in the mountains & especially to cabins.
So will wait for Tim, as we do we do write everything important together. The old journalism rule of "When in doubt, take it out," applies. If either one of us objects to something said, it comes out.
Couch, you may think I am the "pit bull," but you should see some of the
rants by Tim, to which I say "No Way we're posting that!"
Peter Ross said "Susan is the troublemaker," & CB said I was "psychotic."
Many times Tim wrote the words.
A bit of a Boyz Club, maybe?????
We'll get back to you ASAP.
Susan
timber

Anarchist

stands.
individuals would immediately pounce on us with the same talking points. Twisting& quoting us & everyone else over & over again. We believed this to have been an
the quality of our products. Michael chided us forever that we had never built
this boat multiple times & then admitted on SailingX, that he had refurbished an i550, but never had built one himself. He has has been cruel, mean & nasty.
BUT WE GIVE. You have almost destroyed our business, except now we have the HOPE of Geoff. It took so long to get through to our agreement because Geoff. along
mentioned by him online) & we prayed for them every day. We still do.
So, TRUCE. PAX. Water under the Bridge. We will not post anything negative unlesssomeone attacks us. But we will not be quiet. As said above, Watershed & Velocityhave an agreement that lays out shared duties. We will not shirk those duties
just because someone wants us to be quiet.
As Geoff said online:
Couchsurfer...
other hurts the boat on all fronts.
Respectfully,
S&T
couchsurfer

Anarchist

Sent Yesterday, 07:31 PM

ahh,well,,,I can't ask for private restraint,,,public would be the most I'd wish for.

...those 2 public responses were great :)

juswannagofast

Anarchist

Sent Yesterday, 07:45 PM

I very much like your last post here S&T.
Hope all is well,,,,and oh ya...I have a shit ton of snow to send you guys. We are getting hammered. I think we are getting what your area should be getting. And it's COLD. did I mention it is COLD.
VELOCITY BoatWorks. Builders of the i550 SportBoat & VELOCITY 7.1

Like us on Facebook. https://www.facebook...ityboats?ref=hl

#133 SoAPieceOfStringWalksIntoABar...

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Uncool to post pm's, couch.

#134 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Couch,
We give up on you!!! Your posting of private pm's shows how warped you really are ...
In fact, you allowed us to publicly say what we could not have said online. Your attempt to
diss Tim's skills is laughable. Around Pagosa, all have trouble with huge sheetrock cracks,
doors jamming, especoally during constant freeze/thaw cycles. It takes much skill to fix this
problem with carpentry, rather than an expensive foundation fix.
We wish you the best, but you are always spouting "mellow," but you are the most uptight dude
here. At the risk of incurring your wrath, we sincerely hope you can find some assistance
somewhere.
Susan
I wrote this as Tim's version would have been much worse

#135 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Uncool to post pm's, couch.

..sorry man...I really regret MUCH of all this,,as you know I've made many efforts otherwise,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but methinks people should actually know what it's like in here

#136 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Couch..have you ever heard of personal privacy laws.? Did you have my permission to post a private message that I was engaged in. ?
If you did, please share where I gave you permission. ( this will be somthing you can not do )
You seem to have alot of time on your hands. I suggest you look it up.

And the personal privacy law gets even better when the private information that is posted becomes detrimental to one of the parties business.

Glad we are both Canadian. It will make things very easy from this point on.

#137 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

And methinks if actually read what was written..is that they were explaining why they ( watershed ) felt the way they did..you took it as personal attack. Which it wasn't. They ( watershed ) then proceeded to go in another direction.
My comment was into regards to the new direction.
You have zero right to post my private message without my permission. All you had to do was ask what I meant by my comment and I would have explained. But as per usual you typed before you thought it through.
No the real damage has been done, and I am not taking this lightly.
An apology no matter when, cannot fix the problem you have now created.
You come across as a very smart person. I guess I'm the fool. Seems you did this just to cause more shit.
Don't test me any further. My patience has run out.

#138 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

Couch,..blah blah............

Susan
I wrote this as Tim's version would have been much worse

...that's probably a good idea--I could consider posting 'kiwi carbon's account of traveling 2 days to visit watershed's 'dibley' project if you wish :) 

#139 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Couch. The technical committee on the class.org site is all yours.
I stood down from it. My opinion as a builder is not needed, it's better suited for someone that hasn't built a boat.
But the honest truth is, I can not in my right mind be associated with someone like you.

#140 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Couch,
WTF? Do you know the definition of libel?

#141 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Methinks he is going to find out very soon.
I've made a call. Got my answer. And my patience has come to an end.
All I know is it is good to have friends, really good friends, that actually know what laws are. There have already been many many precedents set in our country regarding this. In my phone call, I had few rhymed off to me.
Did I mention that it's awesome to have really good friends.

#142 Mauney Motorsports

Mauney Motorsports

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Nothing warms the blood more in these frigid temps.

Kind of a public service really. Thanks Michael, you may not want it from this troubled soul, but you have full support here.

Might be a good time to offer partial panelized carbon hull kits, easily stacked and shipped. 

First hull from new hard plug is the legal hull #222 bought and paid for years ago. 222 mk1 was cut up, did not mean hull license was tossed, just that first effort.

222mk2 will push all tolerances and built to the rules in place when the # was purchased. That's a good set of rules used to build most of the current boats.

I'll make certain these hulls will meet any class rules, what the buyer does with the deck and cockpit is up to them, I'm offering three panel kits that will not have bulges and will index perfectly when assembled using a jig cut from the shipping crates. This is so simple and a no brainer if one wants a big jump start on their builds.

Any hull # owner can easily complete these partial builds as their own, there is not a single agreement needed by the plan set sellers, in fact I don't care if one holds such license. 

I prefer not to assemble hulls for shipping reasons, but would consider assembling bulk purchases which could easily stack for shipping.

Hull panels will index using overlapping flanges, correct bulkhead locations per class stuff marked only. These markings are for measurement if and when needed.

Plug will be built from lofted parts and double checked for errors. The original drawings listed incorrect methods for developing the bottom, which when followed yields many errors, including incorrect bulkhead placement, all of them. 

I'll offer carbon/foam or s glass/foam but not an ounce of Kevlar anywhere.

The buyer can either go open550 or configure to whichever class rule they prefer. The hulls will measure.

Thinking of naming the new effort after some type of "swarming shark."

Eric, Joe and Michael, you are the men!

I think Velocity should try to work a package deal with North Sails, logos are similar.

#143 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

Oh, we know who this is .... Try it & it will end in failure like the other poachers.
Do you still have that Sawzall? If so, keep it handy.

#144 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Yes. One of my many logos. I guess SA should change theirs. The one I received in the mail looks at lot like mine that looks alot like the North one.
But that's ok. The north rep was cool with it. And I'm not here to impress you anyway.

#145 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Do we need another reset here?  And besides, I thought I was the official bad guy of the i550 world, what gives?  

#146 DennisY

DennisY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Small high performance mono's and tri's. Red heads.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

Much as I like the idea of the i550 as a class, the pissing contest that is going on completely convinces me to have nothing to do with ownership of one of these boats or affiliation with this class. 

#147 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Much as I like the idea of the i550 as a class, the pissing contest that is going on completely convinces me to have nothing to do with ownership of one of these boats or affiliation with this class. 

...yeh,,I wish I had gotten such a warning 3 years ago,,,

...I put a query in to the SA admin's,,,,if it's indeed against the terms of use to post a pm,,they'll let me know,,and I'll make an appropriate apology,deletion.

...otherwise..methinks it's not a crime to hold people to their own words.

#148 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Your apology would mean sweet shit all to me..hold me accountable because I agree with someone taking a new direction about leaving the past in the past. Give me a break. You have no vested interest in this boat and you are trying to make sure anyone that does, won't have one either, I'm not sure who you are trying to kid here.
As I said before. Quit coming down on people who haven't built one, such as yourself, because its common knowledge you haven't built one and go build one yourself. The day you build one is the day you can call people out . your quick to point out what's wrong in your mind when one is being built, but you have never even attempted to build one, so how the hell would you even know. . You are the last person i would take build advice from. how many HOOTS have you built....my guess would be zero. you are all flash. Bull shit baffles brains. Your bullshit isn't going to stop me from moving ahead.
And just so we are crystal freaking clear. I may never sail one because of my cancer condition. But a least I have the balls to build them at a great price to get more people out on the water sailing.
Tell me.
What have you done for the class or the boat. Other than shoot your mouth off about things you have zero clue about. Hacking up a boat and make it sound like you are a i550 miracle worker, doesn't fly with me.
I told you my patience has been worn down by you. And people need to know what kind of person you really are.
If this affects e and my business, so be it..but I sure as hell am not going to go into hiding because of you
It's time you STFU and build a boat..report back when you have some worthwhile news.

#149 DennisY

DennisY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

This last post absolutely clinches it, truly professional behavior - not.

#150 SoAPieceOfStringWalksIntoABar...

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

Not just a class, but a show, too!

But seriously, none of the people involved with the boat that I've met or talked with directly are anything like what gets posted here. Heck, most of the people that post stuff here probably aren't like themselves when they post stuff here!

#151 rantifarian

rantifarian

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

What the fuck is wrong with you three? Are you all secretly taking payment from viper/vxone/etc representatives to try and kill the i550 class? Have the fumes and dust pickled your brains?

#152 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

The beauty of the i550 is that the shit fights really do not matter, just build what you want and enjoy it.  We have multiple classes and while the opinions of members of one class or class member to another may not be all that good here on a forum, I suspect when we meet at that first i550 all class event, we will still tip those beers to one another for a great day's racing.  We can, even if we disagree on rules, recognize great builds by the same people we disagree with.  I think it is called being human. 

But back to the i550 that matters.  Yours.  If you want one, build one.  Or wait a few months and buy one! The people issues will always be sorted out when multiple fleets are sailing. 

#153 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

Total,
Thanks for reminding folks about the Big Picture.
Susan

#154 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

Apparently there are only a chosen few who are allowed to speak what is on their mind.. Tell me...what's it like living in a bubble and not allowed to respond to shit that has no basis that as been flung at you.
I was raised to stand up for myself.
If you don't like my professional behaviour because I stood my ground. Well. That's just too bad.
I'm amazed at the comments from the people who have nothing to gain or lose.

#155 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:39 AM

Wow. Someone just bought plans, to support us. as he, too,
has fought forever to keep from being ripped off. A good ending to
very stressful day. We will keep going forward, no matter what comes.
S&T

#156 Tokyo Trash Baby

Tokyo Trash Baby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts
  • Interests:rum, boats, girls and rum

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

Man this thread just needs to be deleted.. There is more fighting and bitching in it than anything else. What a shit show from all parties. Unbelievable.

#157 DennisY

DennisY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Man this thread just needs to be deleted.. There is more fighting and bitching in it than anything else. What a shit show from all parties. Unbelievable.

Hear. hear!

#158 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

I have no issues removing...as long as the other parties involved do the same.
I'm all for it.

#159 Broseidon

Broseidon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Pretty Obvious

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

This is awesome!!!!!! 

#160 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

.................sorry,,,after 3 years of dealing with all this crap--I've HAD IT,,,....on the 21st I was congratulating y'all on taking a brave new approach in communications,,and I took a step of removing some quotes of your  comments,,,which I certainly now regret...................there's been so many times that you've taken my or other peoples best intentions and turned them into toxic crap--hell ,,it started when I joined the i550 world and you were fishing for dirt ,,and feeding my crap on the PDX group..........you can bet that from now on,,if you reply to an innocuous statement  with your standard vitriol,,,I will quote it and lock your words in the thread it's in---it's time you actually consider what you've written before you click 'post',,'cause those words you print will remain!

...so here's a few 'lock-in's of your comments,,,,and although 'I've slept on it',,I feel it necessary to reply to some of what you've said.............some day you'll figure out that it's worth assuming or even pretending that people are actually trying to be positive and helpful,,,rather than turning things around!!!....

timber

stands...........Talk minus action = ZERO...you've said one thing,,done another for soo long,,you don't know which way is up!!
individuals would immediately pounce on us with the same talking points. Twisting& quoting us & everyone else over & over again. .....yes I've made the mortal sin of quoting you,,,and the misbegotten optimistic gesture of removing some of those quotes on the 21st---I'm not sure what it would take for me to do that again
We believed this to have been an
the quality of our products......your 'business practices' and 'quality of product' speak for themselves in the volume of challenges people have had in their builds,and the words you write here.
Michael chided us forever that we had never built
this boat multiple times & then admitted on SailingX, that he had refurbished an i550, but never had built one himself. ...It's never been any kind of secret that I bought a boat and completely rebuilt it--there's been threads and pictures on both sites showing the process  I went through rebuild

He has has been cruel, mean & nasty....'nasty' is when someone joins a class,,,and you send me letters suggesting what I should think of,,and how I should treat local fleet members--shall I post some of this toxicology?
mentioned by him online) & we prayed for them every day. We still do....yes,,I'm aware of Geoff's challenges there,,we had some dialogue on this early on--I wished him well and still do!....it's correct to assume that we -all- have health challenges as we age ...they're generally referred to as 'real life'

So, TRUCE. PAX. Water under the Bridge. We will not post anything negative unlesssomeone attacks us. But we will not be quiet.....How many times are you going to say this,,and act the opposite???---if you were actually acting this way then your response to ...''.hi folks,,,I'm liking the new approach of restraint,,,,as an act of faith in the i550's bright future,,I'm happy to have deleted a few of my posts from the bright future thread,,,,,particularly the ones where I'm holding quotes of others.''...might be a bit different

As said above, Watershed & Velocityhave an agreement that lays out shared duties. We will not shirk those duties
just because someone wants us to be quiet...the suggestion of being 'quiet' came with the suggestion that I fully support you selling plans,kits etc,,,and the associated advertorial comments you might make ,,such as you seemed to be doing on the 21st
As Geoff said online:
Couchsurfer...
other hurts the boat on all fronts.....yes,it sure does 'hurt' the boat we all care about,,and as owners,builders,,and even re-builders,, ALL share a stake in
Respectfully,
S&T

Couch,
S&T

.....peace?...I had made a positive ,supportive gesture---we've ALL wanted this thread cleaned up,,I did some of that--your response was ---MORE OF SAME--..........talk minus action=ZERO

......someday you might consider a deflection,,a simple offhand remark,,,,or focus on business at hand,,as a good way of making,keeping 'peace',,,,,,,you were doing that very well on the 21st,,,that's what precipitated my now regretted optimism

Couch,
WTF? Do you know the definition of libel?

...here you go!....nothing wrong with quoting people!

....''a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.''

https://www.google.c...CK8TCywG5loHACw

Your apology would mean sweet shit all to me..hold me accountable because I agree with someone taking a new direction about leaving the past in the past. Give me a break....I hold you accountable for spewing the same rhetoric,,and not being careful to qualify those comments you made!

You have no vested interest in this boat and you are trying to make sure anyone that does, won't have one either, I'm not sure who you are trying to kid here....no vested interest!!??...anyone who owns,,has built,even re-built a boat needs to be accorded a bit of respect as to 'vested interest'...this might be something important for you to consider.
As I said before. Quit coming down on people who haven't built one, such as yourself, because its common knowledge you haven't built one and go build one yourself. The day you build one is the day you can call people out . your quick to point out what's wrong in your mind when one is being built, but you have never even attempted to build one, so how the hell would you even know. . .. You are the last person i would take build advice from. how many HOOTS have you built....my guess would be zero. you are all flash. Bull shit baffles brains. Your bullshit isn't going to stop me from moving ahead....... of course it's 'common knowledge' that I haven't built an i550,,,I posted threads on both site's as my boat transferred,  traveled and sailed with me from california,,,as well as blog-threads and photo's documenting the re-build....the combination of having my boat alongside my extensive background** in building plywood sailboats has put me in a unique position to give valuable feedback on this 'to the plan',,'without intent'  build,,,and how it compares to various i550 rules--I hope you take account of my,,and various blog comments on some of the issues people have,,or you very might come up with a boat that -doesn't-actually-measure- in- to the rules!!...not enough boats have been properly measured to see how widespread this issue is,,but it needs to be an area of concern!!!!

........**as for my background,,,I started building various plywood sailboats at age 12... sabot's,,mirror dinghy ,,optimist,,,,,and had no pappy to show me the way,,,which resulted in me developing an exceptional ability to problem solve,,,as well as an intimate view of various stitch'n glue and on-a-jig build methods.....I also have been involved in class organizations in various capacities since an early age,,,,,,,,and my ~8 years in finns schooled me well in the intricacies of boat measurement....('Lamboley'-anyone?!),,and spar testing

And just so we are crystal freaking clear. I may never sail one because of my cancer condition..yes,,I'm aware of your health challenges ,,we had some dialogue about this early on--I wished you well and still do!....it's correct to assume that we -all- have health challenges as we age--I'll not belabor you with listing mine!! ...they're generally referred to as 'real life' challenges,,we all have them as we age.

But a least I have the balls to build them at a great price to get more people out on the water sailing.....correct!!!,,,and I've been a supporter all along--both on and off these pages!!!
Tell me.
What have you done for the class or the boat. Other than shoot your mouth off about things you have zero clue about. Hacking up a boat and make it sound like you are a i550 miracle worker, doesn't fly with me.
I told you my patience has been worn down by you. And people need to know what kind of person you really are.
If this affects e and my business, so be it..but I sure as hell am not going to go into hiding because of you
It's time you STFU and build a boat..report back when you have some worthwhile news.

....yup,,and it'll be interesting to see how things unfold for you in the coming months....you'll be building a boat--with some concern from the current slate of owners as to how your product matches their home-builds,,,and a lot of energy and expense in an uncertain economic environment...I certainly don't envy you ,but I DO wish you well!!

....I'm sure the world will see''what kind of people we really are'' much more by what we do than what we say.

#161 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

This is just sad.

#162 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

This is just sad.

...........'sad' is when someone joins a class,,,and you send me letters suggesting what I should think of,,and how I should treat local fleet members--shall I post some of this toxicology?

#163 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

This is just sad.

...........'sad' is when someone joins a class,,,and you send me letters suggesting what I should think of,,and how I should treat local fleet members--shall I post some of this toxicology?
Oh please do!! I'd love to see how they've slandered some of the PDX people...
And clearly watershed's proprietors haven't read up on libel... Might want to revise some of those page 1 posts...

#164 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

..sorry 'glad-rags',,,I'll wait on 'encouragement' from from the meThS,

,,,only they can precipitate such a -release- :mellow:

#165 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Susan & Tim.

Great news on the sale of another plan set, and getting it sent out. Just keep moving ahead, it's the only way.

Speaking of sales. I received two orders today. 1st for a rudder and hardware, to the customers design, which looks a little different than what is out there so far. I've looked and don't see anything close. I've also been given permission to use this design if I would so like to do so. The 2nd order is keel strut, bulb, bow and sprit parts.

All is good. The only shame is we have to build a semi complete part for all the moulds. Throw aways. So that the moulds can be broken in properly. Just part of making sure things are done the right way though.
I've seen moulds and parts damaged before, because the proper steps were not taken.

All is good in the north except all the snow that is coming down. It can take a hike anytime.

Geoff.

#166 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Susan & Tim.

Great news on the sale of another plan set, and getting it sent out. Just keep moving ahead, it's the only way.

Speaking of sales. I received two orders today. 1st for a rudder and hardware, to the customers design, which looks a little different than what is out there so far. I've looked and don't see anything close. I've also been given permission to use this design if I would so like to do so. The 2nd order is keel strut, bulb, bow and sprit parts.

All is good. The only shame is we have to build a semi complete part for all the moulds. Throw aways. So that the moulds can be broken in properly. Just part of making sure things are done the right way though.
I've seen moulds and parts damaged before, because the proper steps were not taken.

All is good in the north except all the snow that is coming down. It can take a hike anytime.

Geoff.

I should feel bad about that snow but I am sitting in the office  with a coat on feeling cold.  After all, the high today was 43 deg F - with the lows heading down to the low 30's tonight.  The high tomorrow promises to be in the 60's  - now don't you wish you were building those plugs down here in Florida? 

I'm glad about the sales, now get those plugs done and let's see a hull and deck sold.  Someone needs to put an order in - Spring delivery would still be faster than building one!

I also saw on the one of the other forums that you getting close to locking in a few more suppliers.  Good choices all.

#167 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

Thanks Joe. if we could get rid of the snow and clouds, there would be a bright future.

Yes, there will be 3 sailmaker options. Boat will be offered with sails but there can always be a discount given if they are not preferred. Though I doubt the sails could be gotten cheaper. But who knows.
Carbon rudders. Carbon keel struts both standard. Carbon or Aluminum spar option. Ronstan hardware standard. Harken as an option.
Lots of good things.
Sanding and fairing and sanding some more will always keep us warm up here.

#168 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

...been nice and sunny here all week :) :rolleyes:

#169 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

Couch,
To clarify, by "sad," I meant it is sad to watch someone self-destruct in such a public manner.
We hope you can somehow find some inner peace. We know you have very good skills.
But nothing we can do will help, and we will not participate in dueling with your senseless anger any further.
We wish you well.
S&T

#170 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

Couch,
To clarify, by "sad," I meant it is sad to watch someone self-destruct in such a public manner.
We hope you can somehow find some inner peace. We know you have very good skills.
But nothing we can do will help, and we will not participate in dueling with your senseless anger any further.
We wish you well.
S&T

...been nice and sunny here all week :)

...........................................'namaste!'  :rolleyes:

#171 i550sailor

i550sailor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

Well, the wife officially told me that I have become too obsessed with the boat build, and she is right, I have just not been able to pull myself away from the project. So this morning I came up with the brilliant plan to force myself out of the boat for a day, first thing this morning, I mixed up some microlight and fill/feather coated my tape edges thru out the cabin, I then fiberglassed and peel plied the cockpit sole, there is not much left on the boat that I can make wet at this point, thereby forcing myself away from the boat and do my chores while everything dries,,,,, so then I thought, awesome, i'll get some honey do's done and make her happy,,,,,, then just when I think I am doing something good,,,,, I remember all the work I can do on my keel, fair the bulb plug a little more,,,,, I'm screwed!!!!!!!

#172 jray

jray

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Been there, heard that. Wait tell she says your sailing to much.

#173 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Mark,,
make sure you take her out on a decent day. Get her sailing well. Your wife....that is.
Pack a nice lunch. Introduce the other woman to her. The boat...that is.
Pray they get along well together.

Geoff.

#174 i550sailor

i550sailor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

The bowsprit collar and forestay tang showed up in the mail from Eric @ PDX today,,,,, they both fit like gloves and look awesome. Thanks Eric

#175 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:38 AM

The bowsprit collar and forestay tang showed up in the mail from Eric @ PDX today,,,,, they both fit like gloves and look awesome. Thanks Eric

Right on!! Glad to hear you're happy with them!!

We've for one more sprit collar and 3 bow tangs left as well as 3 outboard mounts (lightweight 2-piece) left at the shop if anyone is interested PM me.

#176 TBone

TBone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

We've for one more sprit collar and 3 bow tangs left as well as 3 outboard mounts (lightweight 2-piece) left at the shop if anyone is interested PM me.

Pictures of the OB mount?

#177 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Pictures of the OB mount?
Attached File  pic1b.pdf   254K   9 downloads
Attached File  pic2.jpg   129.33K   52 downloads

Also doubles as the base for a mast support when traveling.

Let me know if you want more specifics...

#178 Christopher Beckwith - iBoat

Christopher Beckwith - iBoat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

:rolleyes:

#179 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

How do we get those motor mounts on the shelf at WestMarine?

#180 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

How do we get those motor mounts on the shelf at WestMarine?

#181 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:58 AM

Work will begin on the moulds soon and we anticipate a Spring 2014 launch for the first boats

Spring is here

#182 Just a Skosh

Just a Skosh

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:sailing, backpacking

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

Work will begin on the moulds soon and we anticipate a Spring 2014 launch for the first boats

Spring is here

You know, you're kind of a dick....

#183 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

Spring is here

May be, but it's still spring...

How close to splash is the first boat and where are the mould photos?

#184 Just a Skosh

Just a Skosh

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:sailing, backpacking

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

Spring is here

May be, but it's still spring...

How close to splash is the first boat and where are the mould photos?

Don't know about first boat but on their facebook page they said the third hull will be delivered to BC in July...   I would presume the first hull would be finished before that

#185 kmcfast

kmcfast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

Spring is here

Fer sure, hey for your info Dick, spring is a season not a day.

#186 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Don't know about first boat but on their facebook page they said the third hull will be delivered to BC in July...  

...COOL--looking forward to more BC boats!

,,,it'll be good to have a BC gang to take on the dick-mafia :rolleyes:

...hey BC guy--get in touch if you'd like to get honed-in while you're awaiting delivery ;)

#187 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

Erik, or as you liked to be addressed. Team Gladiator.

I owe you no explanations about anything, as far as my business is concerned, actually as far as anything is concerned. You could have played your cards the other way. I WAS interested in purchasing bow fittings and out board motor mounts from you. Not just one, but a bulk order, 10 of each for now. But your Dickness has got in the way. I have zero interest now. I would like to deal with as many people that I can that are already involved in the i550. Your loss.

As far as pictures go. You will see them when everyone else does.
Your Vapor Ware comments, are unfounded. They make you look like a Dick.

Just A Skosh. You have Erik, sorry, Team Gladiator pegged.

Couch, yes there will be a new boat close to your area.

So yes folks. Boats have been sold. 550, 551, 552. 550 and 551 will be staying in Ontario Canada.
And to shut the questions down about 552 going to Vancouver. The new owner requested a late July early August delivery.

I would also like to thank the people that have ordered i550 parts, a really big THANKS TO YOU.

There have been a few unexpected setbacks. But all hopefully will be smooth sailing for now on. I could have posted about those setbacks, but it only takes one Dick, to take those comments and really cause problems. So it's best not to give a Dick anymore info than is needed.

So that is it, things are moving along. And things will keep getting better.
For the people that have sent encouragement....a big THANKS.
For those that have chosen to send negative comments, and it's only been a couple people, stop being Dicks, life's to short.

Geoff.

#188 Mauney Motorsports

Mauney Motorsports

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

I WAS interested in purchasing bow fittings and out board motor mounts from you. Not just one, but a bulk order, 

Eric,

I have to agree with him, you missed your big shot at the big times by being what he called you..........   :))

What is a bit confusing though, sorry for not being completely aware of how many types bow fittings (hardware vs glass part) NACA offers, is the bow fitting noted above the glass part for the pole?

If so, that means the hulls have no provision for poles in the tooling?

Now, before you fly off the "don't question me" handle and offer the go to " I don't have to splain myself to you" line, please show a photo of at least one:

Your new shop

Some i550 related tooling

Some photos of your blades

To address the probable reply to the above..........."pictures or it didn't happen."

#189 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

Erik, or as you liked to be addressed. Team Gladiator.

I owe you no explanations about anything, as far as my business is concerned, actually as far as anything is concerned. You could have played your cards the other way. I WAS interested in purchasing bow fittings and out board motor mounts from you. Not just one, but a bulk order, 10 of each for now. But your Dickness has got in the way. I have zero interest now. I would like to deal with as many people that I can that are already involved in the i550. Your loss.

As far as pictures go. You will see them when everyone else does.
Your Vapor Ware comments, are unfounded. They make you look like a Dick.

Just A Skosh. You have Erik, sorry, Team Gladiator pegged.

Couch, yes there will be a new boat close to your area.

So yes folks. Boats have been sold. 550, 551, 552. 550 and 551 will be staying in Ontario Canada.
And to shut the questions down about 552 going to Vancouver. The new owner requested a late July early August delivery.

I would also like to thank the people that have ordered i550 parts, a really big THANKS TO YOU.

There have been a few unexpected setbacks. But all hopefully will be smooth sailing for now on. I could have posted about those setbacks, but it only takes one Dick, to take those comments and really cause problems. So it's best not to give a Dick anymore info than is needed.

So that is it, things are moving along. And things will keep getting better.
For the people that have sent encouragement....a big THANKS.
For those that have chosen to send negative comments, and it's only been a couple people, stop being Dicks, life's to short.

Geoff.

Right on, Geoff. We know what you have gone  through and we have full confidence in you.

We are proud the first FRP i550 will be #550. 

T&S

#190 SA Lurker

SA Lurker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

I WAS interested in purchasing bow fittings and out board motor mounts from you. Not just one, but a bulk order, 

Eric,

I have to agree with him, you missed your big shot at the big times by being what he called you..........   :))

What is a bit confusing though, sorry for not being completely aware of how many types bow fittings (hardware vs glass part) NACA offers, is the bow fitting noted above the glass part for the pole?

Now, before you fly off the "don't question me" handle and offer the go to " I don't have to splain myself to you" line, please show a photo of at least one:

Your new shop

To address the probable reply to the above..........."pictures or it didn't happen."

MM-

Why is it that you believe Geoff should be accountable to you or any of the other nitwits that seem bound and determined to undermine the success of these boats?

What is it that you do for a living?

How would you respond if some anonymous knucklehead demanded that you show photos of your place of business, the tools of your trade, and samples of your work?

If and when Geoff wishes to make his progress public, you'll likely see it posted.

Until that time, you can wait with the rest of us. Patience is a virtue.

It's difficult enought to bring a new boat (or any other product for that matter) to market without suffering the idiocy of whiners.

Run silent, Geoff.  No sense feeding this lot.

#191 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Mauney,
The bow part I am speaking of is the custom stainless bow stem fitting that Eric offers for sale as well as the motor mount the PDX boats use.
Yes the tooling has provision for the sprit.
As far as going of the "handle", I have no reason to, towards anyone else.
For a guy ( Erik ) who is supposedly a supporter of the i550 and everything related to it, he sure shows an odd way to get that across to people. As I said. I had planned to deal with him..but there is no way in hell I will now.
And as I also mentioned I would like to deal with anyone that is i550 related.
As far as parts or gear or anything related to the i550 and beyond, I will offer the best possible price on everything.
I'm not all about just looking after myself. I include everyone.
As far as what's going on, pm me. I will update you as best I can.
Geoff.

#192 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

...juss,,I certainly hear you on things getting in the way.....when does anything work-out -quicker- than planned?

................if you want to make the devil laugh with glee,,just post your plans on SA! :mellow:

.............any forward motion is good in this crazy whirrled!

....fyi...from what I've seen of eric,,,,he's more of a barking pussy than a dick,,,,whatever that means :rolleyes:

#193 Mauney Motorsports

Mauney Motorsports

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:43 AM

Eric,

Your new shop

MM-

Why is it that you believe Geoff should be accountable to you or any of the other nitwits that seem bound and determined to undermine the success of these boats?

What is it that you do for a living?

How would you respond if some anonymous knucklehead demanded that you show photos of your place of business, the tools of your trade, and samples of your work?

If and when Geoff wishes to make his progress public, you'll likely see it posted.

Until that time, you can wait with the rest of us. Patience is a virtue.

It's difficult enought to bring a new boat (or any other product for that matter) to market without suffering the idiocy of whiners.

Run silent, Geoff.  No sense feeding this lot.

SA Lurker

I asked him politely to do as has been noted on this wretched site many times..........................pictures or it didn't happen. The i550 group, thread and followers are not in a class alone and able to avoid such SA standards are they?

I am an i550 plan and hull # owner. Have actually given a stab at building one. It so upset the flock it was destroyed in a moment of rage..........there is another under development. Ruffled feathers will litter the ocean.................................

To the stool sample who noted spring wasn't a day. It begins on a calendar day.

I have posted photos of some of my hobby work when asked to do so with pleasure. Why would that bother me, if I actually did the work I stated. 

What I do for a living has been the same for decades, have not ventured into insurance sales or dog grooming or "fishwrap" ventures. I fabricate things from nothing, sometimes something comes of it, sometimes nothing. But the fact remains, it's the same line of what seems to be work, unchanged and never offered as anything but what it is. No pretense.

Move on to someone else Lurker, you're going to nudge the wrong identity one day.

#194 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

I do find it unfortunate that some decision has been made not to post progress.  Unfortunate that the fear of what some may post prevents it and unfortunate because it is a lost marketing tool.  Everyone likes to see progress on something like this.  Heck, I think it is just good business to put pictures out there in today's social media world.

So, if I may, I would like to ask that a picture or two be posted, somewhere, it does not have to be here, not because I do not believe progress is being made, but rather just because I'm being nosey!

#195 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,198 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

....XS.....there's a solid history of there actually existing a -jinx- to a production when premature posting occurs on SA,,

........there's wayyy too many examples to even -start- listing.

.........it seems Jus is getting all the publicity he wants or needs or can handle for now,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the 'right' people know where to find him ;)

...a fine wine takes it's -own- time!!

#196 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

Lurk, Mauney says some unusual things from time to time, right Mauney? ;) But the work he does on boats is pretty amazing. And he has the pix to prove it 

see shots of "Audacious" about 3/4ths of the way down here: http://www.nbayracin...Evelyn25-26.htm

#197 Mauney Motorsports

Mauney Motorsports

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Lurk, Mauney says some unusual things from time to time, right Mauney? ;) But the work he does on boats is pretty amazing. And he has the pix to prove it 

see shots of "Audacious" about 3/4ths of the way down here: http://www.nbayracin...Evelyn25-26.htm

Usually yes, some colorful grenades from time to time. What's a loose cannon to do?

Scroll down to 12/3/09 then to 5/29/09 

http://www.nbayracing.com/2009.htm

#198 averagehack

averagehack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

This is fun!  The "progress" on the production i550 reminds me of the Annapolis 30.  (Search the forums if you don't know.)

#199 Mauney Motorsports

Mauney Motorsports

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Very similar regarding production but a bit different since many i550's have been built to date. None completed by the company selling the plans however but  by everyday people.

On one hand you have to feel bad for someone trying to put the bucket into production while facing extreme judgmental opinions, mine included.

Reading the list of suppliers is fun, very much enjoy the many parts sold claims.

The i550 builds have been blogged for years. Many talented people have managed to complete several boats. Keels have been talked about, bulb plugs shared and used successfully.

Rudders have been built and other parts. Some groups and real builders have offered services, one blade builder was noted as kit cutter once and yet to date not a single entity has successfully managed to gain the trust of the i550 gang to build blades and bits...................................until Velocity. 

Without a single photo of anything he's done, he has managed to create quite a following and boasts some mighty sales before he has even built the plug. Great job!

#200 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:32 AM

Speculation is great, isn't it. Atleast I won't be the one who looks a fool.
Right now, the people that need to know, know.
Peter, your not one of those people.
I put an offer out to you, to PM me. It would have taken care of all your questions.
That offer has since expired.
Right now, there are people I trust with certain info. You are not one of those people.
You will have to wait, just like everyone else.
And yes, the claims of sales of parts and better yet, boats. Are very much true.

Geoff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users