• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 The Smokester

The Smokester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

Update: got offered a new job. Start May 5th.  16% pay raise.

I'm going to wait a couple weeks to give notice. I'll let my current boss sweat my review, which he was due to give me today, but had to beg off to next friday.

I have no more fucks to give.  :)

Again, thanks for all the listing folks. You all really made a difference.

Congrats on the new job. Looks like you might just have dodged the bullet. Keep on top of your health. And, live each day to it's fullest.

#102 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • Interests:MrsBlack, Brigadoon, freedom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

I really learned a lot from this experience.  As was attributed to Socrates, "The unexamined life is not worth living." It's taken a long time, decades actually, for me to get that every experience, every adventure is really just a bunch of lessons. 

This did show me that we do have a good plan, that we need to stick to that execution and be willing to tweak it when necessary. It's good that my boss was such an ass in that, because his shenanigans were so outrageous, it pushed me to get some tests done. I had been playing a, "live well and hope it doesn't happen to me," game. This forced me to go to a doc and get some definitive answers.  

Nothing is a sure bet but, this gives me better answers and encouraged us to make some better decisions towards The Freedom Project. We are closer to debt free than ever. I know, without a doubt, that my First Mate is the best ever. I don't have to tolerate bosses or situations like this anymore because, and this is key, I really don't desperately need the money to service debt. All that hard work over the last five years has been worth it.  

We are going. The boat is getting closer and closer. Our list of things to add/upgrade is getting smaller and, this is important, we are getting better at making those decisions.

We are going. It's just timing.

#103 Trov„o

Trov„o

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts
  • Interests:sailing (pretty obvious, uhmm)preferentially on boats with more than one hull ;D

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

I was diagnosed with an A-Fib when I was in my 40's. since then I've done a half dozen trips to or from HI, rode a few double centuries, and I'm getting prepped for a bike trip from Astoria-home once I finish up my Pac Cup inspections. To relax I race on a friend's -111 or my own boat. I'm now 60. You just cannot allow this shit to get you down. If you live in fear of dying, you're going to die afraid, and probably sooner.

If you live afraid of dying, you're already dead, figuratively speaking.

#104 Tucky

Tucky

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

To quote Billy Baldwin, Socrates was an amateur :mellow:

Darkness at the break of noon
Shadows even the silver spoon
The handmade blade, the child’s balloon
Eclipses both the sun and moon
To understand you know too soon
There is no sense in trying

Pointed threats, they bluff with scorn
Suicide remarks are torn
From the fool’s gold mouthpiece the hollow horn
Plays wasted words, proves to warn
That he not busy being born is busy dying

Its alright, Ma. Congratulations, Black.

#105 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • Interests:MrsBlack, Brigadoon, freedom

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

beautiful. thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users