9 replies to this topic

#1 watanaka

watanaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

Hi,

I bought a boat in November that I am still too inexperienced to sail.  We have already paid a few people to help us outfit it and sail it with us from the US to the bahamas to get us started.  It is a 54' ketch.

We (my brother and I) are seeking a Captain to sail the boat with us from the Bahamas (freeport) to Panama.  The boat is currently in a marina in Freeport that is fairly shallow so we are planning on leaving January 30th at the highest high tide.

We both grew up racing dingys, but are inexperienced with large boats / cruising.  We need someone to help us teach us how to sail a big boat, ensure we motor safely around marinas, teach us how to anchor, etc.

If you like fishing, we bought some really nice fishing equipment so expect a lot of good fish.

We will pay your airfare to Freeport, expenses along the way (all food, etc, including nice restaurants when in port), and airfare from Panama City back to your home city.

We are not planning on many stops (at least not any long ones) so the whole trip might take around two weeks depending on the weather. We will be stopping in FL briefly to pick up some marine supplies.

Reply or PM if interested.  We'll need to skype at some point if all sounds good.  Non-smokers only please.

#2 JumpingJax

JumpingJax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:Offshore passages, new landfalls

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

Hi,

I bought a boat in November that I am still too inexperienced to sail.  We have already paid a few people to help us outfit it and sail it with us from the US to the bahamas to get us started.  It is a 54' ketch.

We (my brother and I) are seeking a Captain to sail the boat with us from the Bahamas (freeport) to Panama.  The boat is currently in a marina in Freeport that is fairly shallow so we are planning on leaving January 30th at the highest high tide.

We both grew up racing dingys, but are inexperienced with large boats / cruising.  We need someone to help us teach us how to sail a big boat, ensure we motor safely around marinas, teach us how to anchor, etc.

If you like fishing, we bought some really nice fishing equipment so expect a lot of good fish.

We will pay your airfare to Freeport, expenses along the way (all food, etc, including nice restaurants when in port), and airfare from Panama City back to your home city.

We are not planning on many stops (at least not any long ones) so the whole trip might take around two weeks depending on the weather. We will be stopping in FL briefly to pick up some marine supplies.

Reply or PM if interested.  We'll need to skype at some point if all sounds good.  Non-smokers only please.

This sounds just about perfect, except that you didn't show any tits.  Always wanted to go off-shore in a newly bought boat, sight unseen, with two novices as crew.  Panama, hell.  Lets go TA.  Or maybe to Panama the long way round. 

Marine supplies?  What marine supplies do we have to get to Florida without? 

Edit: Wait.  Expenses paid.  Does that mean ONLY expenses paid?  Like it's a privilege to teach you to sail?  And to fix all the broken bits on your boat so we don't sink and die on the way?  You better have some really smokin' hot women going along or this ain't gonna work out. 

#3 watanaka

watanaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

I would have offered you a cuban hooker so you could see some tits since obviously most women are too smart to have anything to do with you, but you blew it.  Plus, their lives probably suck enough as it is and I would not subject them to an asshole like you anyway.

Please go troll somewhere else.

#4 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,441 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

would the hooker be along for the whole trip?

yer new around these parts, aint ya?

#5 VagabundoII

VagabundoII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

If you do happen to stop in Antigua (kinda on the way) we are flourishing with fire breathing prostitutes with the power of changing a mans religion!?!?! Some people like the idea more than 49 virgins!

Jokes aside although short notice there are a few fine Caribbean candidates that I know of around here that may be available for the skipper position (to clarify) but most come with a rate based on mileage ie 2 euros a mile or a day rate not sure what they charge here. I can start looking in the morning.

That particular crossing can be an absolute broad reach sled run blast!!!! 54ft ketch!!! I'm lickin up what your throwing down!!   

#6 watanaka

watanaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

Spot filled.

#7 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,162 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

Guess you'll get what you pay for.......................... :ph34r: 

#8 lookingtosail

lookingtosail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:available for boat deliveries, crew, racing

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

I am available if your current arrangement falls through.

#9 robmo01

robmo01

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, writing, dogs, Baseball, football, beer

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

Hi,

So, this is a ruse, right?  You aren't really serious are you?  I like to look at silly posts like yours on occasion, helps to lighten up the day,  You were offering a Cuban hooker and you mentioned that you had "some really nice fishing equipment" onboard.  I'm assuming that the Cuban hooker is a new type of lure for Mahi or something.  Good luck finding someone, I'm thinking you'll end up with someone as dim as you and, God forbid, we'll be reading about you in papers.  Good luck buddy, you're going to need it. 

#10 JumpingJax

JumpingJax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:Offshore passages, new landfalls

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

Spot filled.

Update needed wanted. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users