my impulse buy. it stops sometime doesn't it?

guns firearms

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#1 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

Took a newly licensed friend into the local gun shop yesterday to get his first gun. He wanted an 870 express, and had a budget just under the price of an 870 tactical. I figured since we were there i'd have him handle some future purchases now so he knows what he is getting. Many handguns later it was AR time. And dummy me, i showed him the kel tec su16fx he's been drooling over. He blows his budget and buys one. As the salesman is walking out to get my buddy's rifle, i put my head down and said "better bring 2". So now i have an su16fx in my collection. Please tell me it stops soon. I can't afford any more.

#2 burndoc

burndoc

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:sailing, drinking, cigars, travel

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Got to spend your money on something.

#3 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

Confucius say,

He who dies with most toys, wins.

;)

#4 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

Got to spend your money on something.

Guns are a fuking great investment, especially the better made older ones. A 15%+ increase in value per year is almost garanteed----IF you know how to shop....

#5 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

Can't attach an image on stupid mobile...

mU1OBtF.jpg

#6 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

mU1OBtF.jpg

It worked ;)

#7 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

mU1OBtF.jpg

It worked ;)

Take that, Bullwinkles!....

#8 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Linked to imgur. Can't attach the pics i took in the living room.

#9 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

PM Dawg....

#10 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

He'll fix the lack of quoting, text formatting, file attachments, slow page loads, the post button not working... and search?

#11 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

The search is kinda like the mythical Front page..... Its been so long posters believe they're just an ancient myth.

Bit like shit getting fixed since Dawg left.

Back on topic!

What's next on the list? :)

#12 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

Sig 226 mk 25 navy. Mini 14. Something in 50 bmg to piss off people that think gang bangers are gonna use single shot sniper rifles in drive bys. 870 marine magnum. Colt gov't 1911.

#13 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

And when the canadian gubmint gives up on the scary black guns are bad thing, a non restricted ar15.

#14 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

If I had an extra $1,000.00 in my pocket today, I'd jump on these two gurls quicker than a drunk prom date. Puuuuurrrrrr......

Manhurin.jpg

Manhurin2.jpg

CZ2.jpg

CZ.jpg

#15 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Not a fan of revolvers, but that cz is sweet. Shop had a few of them out for me to fondle, along with a beretta 92 and a desert eagle

#16 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

My collection so far is, long guns: 870 express magnum, 10/22, cz 858, sks, mossberg 715t, kel tec su16fx, pistols: ruger p345, gsg 1911-22, glock 17.

#17 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • Interests:Thistle #3130

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

Congratulations. 

Now for some magazines, ammo, training and range time.  Don't be that guy: the one with all the tacticool toys and no plans to expend the 20 rounds he given.

And no -- once bitter by the firearms bug -- there's no hope.  Ask Boothy's wife.  ;^)'

#18 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

Rick, ohhhh that CZ is schwueeet!  Stainless or nickled? But, what the heck is that Froggy wheelie?

Amro, how do you like the GSD 1911-22?  That one's high on my bucket list. 

#19 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

Charlie, i am up to my armpits in mags and ammo. So much ammo that if it rolls on the floor i lose it. I buy rounds for the cz and sks by the 1440 round crate. The 3 22s have about a day's worth of rounds... 1500 or so. i'm low on my pistol rounds with about 300 9mm and only 50 45. Basic training for licensing, and i haven't been to the range in a long time so i am rusty. I'll get a range officer to do a refresher when i go next week. Looking into a shotgun tactics course and 3 levels of handgun, with american ccw.

#20 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

Charlie, the gsg is a nice plinking gun. Got it to shoot cheaply all day. 375 rounds for $23, compared to 50 rounds of 45. The gun is well built. Feels solid. Still breaking it in so i am cycling a variety of rounds thru it. The slide is zinc to keep it light, and i've heard concern about it wearing fast. Time will tell.

#21 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

Rick, ohhhh that CZ is schwueeet!  Stainless or nickled? But, what the heck is that Froggy wheelie?

Charlie? Ya need to do as Wiki search on Manhurin MR73. Then get back to me......:lol:

(Can you say roller bearing triggers? ...)

#22 LenP

LenP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts
  • Interests:sailing, kayaking, fishing, hunting, hiking, and various other outdoor activities.

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

The question is not if you can stop, it is why would you want to? have you thought about reloading? I find it a lot easier to stay in components than stocked in ammo. The Sig 226 MK25 is a nice gun, I picked one up last summer, and am a big fan. Thinking about a 239 as a carry gun.

#23 LenP

LenP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts
  • Interests:sailing, kayaking, fishing, hunting, hiking, and various other outdoor activities.

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Charlie, the gsg is a nice plinking gun. Got it to shoot cheaply all day. 375 rounds for $23, compared to 50 rounds of 45. The gun is well built. Feels solid. Still breaking it in so i am cycling a variety of rounds thru it. The slide is zinc to keep it light, and i've heard concern about it wearing fast. Time will tell.

You can do a lot with aftermarket parts for those as well.

http://www.cwaccessories.com/

http://www.zrtactica....php?groupid=13

I don't have one, but have been tempted.

#24 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

Not sure you can even reload 7.62x39. It's a corrosive load to begin with, and military surplus. I can see reloading 45, and possibly 9mm. Is 5.56 worth reloading?

#25 LenP

LenP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

Not sure you can even reload 7.62x39. It's a corrosive load to begin with, and military surplus. I can see reloading 45, and possibly 9mm. Is 5.56 worth reloading?

If you are finding cheap milsurp 7.62x39, then it will be hard to reload it any cheaper than what you are paying, although if you load it yourself, then it would be non-corrosive. Last time I checked retail prices on everything and did all the math, I found I was saving approx 60% on 9 and 45 and 70% on .223. Aside from the cost savings, I find that reloading is a hobby unto itself, and it also gives you the ultimate flexibility in what you shoot. I can load down my pistol rounds so they are very light recoiling target rounds, and I can load up my rifle rounds a little hotter when I know they are going to run through the Ruger #1s.

#26 burndoc

burndoc

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:sailing, drinking, cigars, travel

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

I like my broom handle Mauser. War booty, no import stamps, matching numbers. 22 can shoot all day. Have a 50's Enfield never fired. 870 I use for birds to deer.

#27 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Len, how many times do you reuse your spent cartridges? If i get a mini 14 any time soon (and chances are i will) 223 will be my most used round after 22. Please tell me you don't reload 22.

#28 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

Charlie? Ya need to do as Wiki search on Manhurin MR73. Then get back to me...... :lol:

(Can you say roller bearing triggers? ...)

Man, does that pistol have the 9mm cylinder?  That is very schweeet!

#29 LenP

LenP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

No, can't reload 22 or really any rimfire. I have not had to throw any brass out yet, just trim it. I have heard to expect to toss it after 10 or 12 uses. Just check it each time as you reload it, and toss the stuff that looks suspect. That is for plinking and practice. If you ever do competition, the number woudl be much lower. Pistol, I think you can go quite a bit more as there is less stress on the brass without the bottleneck, and of course you don't need to worry about trimming it then.

#30 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

Hmm. Now to research reloading gear. The pistol courses i want to take call for between 1500-4000 rounds for each session. Trying to upload an album to imgur for you guys, but only having mobile internet makes it difficult. So many things just don't work.

#31 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

The only competition that appeals to me i don't think really exists. If it does i don't know the name of it. Remember in the movie swat colin farrell does a side by side match running thru obstacles shooting pop up targets? If that is real, that's what i'd do. The idea of a house clearing competition is really appealing.

#32 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

The only competition that appeals to me i don't think really exists. If it does i don't know the name of it. Remember in the movie swat colin farrell does a side by side match running thru obstacles shooting pop up targets? If that is real, that's what i'd do. The idea of a house clearing competition is really appealing.

Or you could just pan fry four kilos of moose cock and call it good?...:lol:

#33 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

CLEARING rick, not cleaning! The maid does the cleaning.

#34 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

:lol:.....

#35 LenP

LenP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

Hmm. Now to research reloading gear. The pistol courses i want to take call for between 1500-4000 rounds for each session. Trying to upload an album to imgur for you guys, but only having mobile internet makes it difficult. So many things just don't work.

That is a lot of ammo. If you are going to load that yourself, you would definitely want a progressive press. Dillon makes a good one.

https://www.dillonprecision.com/

I still do all my loading on a single stage press, at approx 100 rounds an hour. That works for me with the amounts I shoot, and I prefer it for the precision distance shooting, but it is a lot slower than a good progressive. 

#36 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,233 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

Hmm. Now to research reloading gear.

Here, let me help.

Reloading Bargains

/spam ;)

#37 Vernon Green

Vernon Green

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

Nice purchase, hadn't seen one of those until today. 

My collection started growing when I became a cope and started shooting several times a month. Go to the gravel pit at my grandpas, do some training then break out the other guns and basically set up a "Top Shot" competition between my brother or anyone else who wants to come shoot. 

Recent purchase was a Mosin Nagant Type 53. nothing super nice but fun.

Was going to pick up the new Glock 42 if it came out in 9mm but looks like it is 380 only. Would love to see Glock make a single stack 40. 

The only gun I have done anything special to is my duty AR15. Nothing amazing, just a light and an Aimpoint.

#38 daffyd

daffyd

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:nothing interests me

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:02 AM

Took a newly licensed friend into the local gun shop yesterday to get his first gun. He wanted an 870 express, and had a budget just under the price of an 870 tactical. I figured since we were there i'd have him handle some future purchases now so he knows what he is getting. Many handguns later it was AR time. And dummy me, i showed him the kel tec su16fx he's been drooling over. He blows his budget and buys one. As the salesman is walking out to get my buddy's rifle, i put my head down and said "better bring 2". So now i have an su16fx in my collection. Please tell me it stops soon. I can't afford any more.

One or two and you're a responsible gun owner, two to 12 and you're a gun nut; any more than a dozen and you're a "collector." If the Peoples Republic of Canada frowns on black AR's, go with a Ruger Mini-14. A .223in a plain brown wrapper, with a Canadian invented (Garand) action to boot.

#39 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

One or two and you're a responsible gun owner, two to 12 and you're a gun nut; any more than a dozen and you're a "collector." If the Peoples Republic of Canada frowns on black AR's, go with a Ruger Mini-14. A .223in a plain brown wrapper, with a Canadian invented (Garand) action to boot.

I'm still doing my damnest to force the John Howards of this world to make weekly appointments to see their cardiologists..... :lol:

IHCparts4037.jpg

#40 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:47 AM

Daffy, canaduh frowns on anything black and scary. An ar15 in any variant is restricted. By name alone. The kel tec i just picked up is a non restricted 223, but a bushmaster is restricted. The kel tec is non restricted because it's not based on an ar platform. Restricted here means limited to use at the range only. Cannot be taken into the woods for plinking or hunting. Non restricted can be used for hunting and plinking on public land where bylaws allow. A mini 14 is on the to buy list. I am not a big fan of milsurp, even tho i have the sks.

#41 bowman81

bowman81

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:Beer, tits, boats, pussy, boats, tits

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

I'm still doing my damnest to force the John Howards of this world to make weekly appointments to see their cardiologists..... :lol:

IHCparts4037.jpg

Boothy, I have a serious question for you, Why do you need that many guns?

Now before you answer, I'm not saying you shouldn't have that many nor that you should be prevented from having that many, legitimately interested.  I guess I see you need 1-2 small caliber for small game, maybe a couple of larger caliber for Deer etc.  a hand gun for protection/range and maybe a high quality one for comp if that's what you do.  I'm counting 12 rifles and 10 handguns

Is it simply a collection for collection sake?

#42 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

That may or not be my firearm collection. Also I might or might not own more. And finally, I may or may not have lost several others in a tragic boating accident that may or may not have happened to me......:lol:

#43 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,943 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

That may or not be my firearm collection. Also I might or might not own more. And finally, I may or may not have lost several others in a tragic boating accident that may or may not have happened to me...... :lol:

the fuck?

also, to those who say too many guns are bad, my counter point would be: if you owned 20 of the same gun, then we might have some questionable motives.... but if they are all diverse and different, whats the harm? its obviously a collection... do you buy all of the same wine? 

#44 2slow

2slow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:07 AM

a little off topic, but is the .22 situation getting any better?  

#45 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

That may or not be my firearm collection. Also I might or might not own more. And finally, I may or may not have lost several others in a tragic boating accident that may or may not have happened to me...... :lol:

the fuck?

also, to those who say too many guns are bad, my counter point would be: if you owned 20 of the same gun, then we might have some questionable motives.... but if they are all diverse and different, whats the harm? its obviously a collection... do you buy all of the same wine? 

Or put another way, do all the girls at the Mustang Ranch look the same?.....:lol:

#46 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,943 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

the fuck?

Or put another way, do all the girls at the Mustang Ranch look the same?..... :lol:

the twins do... 

#47 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

IHCparts4037.jpg

Wut's dat near the buttplate of the Tiger-Striped Abomination? Did you get a 1911 and not tell anybody?!? Looks like an old skool 1911A1 with the mil sights and lanyard attachment loop. Cool. 

#48 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

ok, did some serious work on getting some images of my clan posted.

http://imgur.com/a/ha4lR

#49 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

not an issue in kanuckistan. we buy it bulk in buckets.

#50 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:55 AM

22LR has been sighted in the wild (WalMart). But you've got to be lucky and quick, or willing to pay an exorbitant price to get 22s nowadays. When it finally comes back into stock, buy it cheap and pile it deep.

I moved a piece of furniture and found 750 Stingers I had hidden from myself. Still had the $1.47 K-Mart sale price sticker. I love me!  

#51 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:55 AM

Seriously? Crap, I was watching a couple guns last week on ProxiBid, and there were people paying $50/$60.00$70.00 for bricks (500 rounds) of .22. Plus the 18% auction house premium. And the shipping on top if that. PLUS fuking sales tax if you lived in the same state.

Fuking Lanza and fuking Obama. Bastards both....

#52 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

Hmm. Now to research reloading gear. The pistol courses i want to take call for between 1500-4000 rounds for each session.

That is a lot of ammo. If you are going to load that yourself, you would definitely want a progressive press. Dillon makes a good one.

one of the reasons i got the 1911-22. if i am going to burn that much ammo in one course, i want it to be cheap! i just went over the course outlines, and i was wrong. it's about 1500 rounds for all 3 combined. much easier on the wallet.

#53 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

Seriously? Crap, I was watching a couple guns last week on ProxiBid, and there were people paying $50/$60.00$70.00 for bricks (500 rounds) of .22. Plus the 18% auction house premium. And the shipping on top if that. PLUS fuking sales tax if you lived in the same state.

bricks here are $23-29. federal to cci

#54 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

good god kirsten joy weiss is HOT

#55 daffyd

daffyd

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:nothing interests me

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

Daffy, canaduh frowns on anything black and scary. An ar15 in any variant is restricted. By name alone. The kel tec i just picked up is a non restricted 223, but a bushmaster is restricted. The kel tec is non restricted because it's not based on an ar platform. Restricted here means limited to use at the range only. Cannot be taken into the woods for plinking or hunting. Non restricted can be used for hunting and plinking on public land where bylaws allow. A mini 14 is on the to buy list. I am not a big fan of milsurp, even tho i have the sks.

Amro,

I've always admired our neighbors to the north for their common sense and social responsibility, but I guess y'all are no more immune to the same pressures and fears we have down here. The idea that a weapon is more dangerous because it looks scary is absurd. A KelTec or a Mini will empty a 30 round magazine full of jacketed .223 just as fast and accurately as an AR-15 or any of it's knockoffs. The fact that the furniture is made of black polymer rather than nice, warm wood doesn't make the rifle more dangerous. I guess people think that if a weapon looks like one that they see in the hands of our troops in Afghanistan, it must be more dangerous than the gun Elmer Fudd used to hunt wabbits. We all know that the most dangerous part on any gun is the nut that holds the trigger. How you regulate that in a free and open society is beyond me. Anyway, good luck and shoot safe.

#56 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

Mewannadoo.....

#57 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

daffy, read these. this is why canada is in the state of gun law hell that we have today.

http://en.wikipedia....hnique_massacre

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Marc_L├ępine

and just to add fuel to the fire.. this is the reason our mags are pinned at 5 rounds, AR15s and the sort are restricted, FN FAL are banned,.. and so on. and this idiot tried to convert a mini 14 semi auto to full auto, screwed it up, and killed 14 people with essentially a bolt action. but it's never mentioned.

here we are over 25 years later and they STILL use this as the main cry for gun control in canada. some have made a career out of it, and they had nothing to do with the shootings.

#58 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:31 AM

'You say Tasmania, I say Oztralia".....

#59 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:36 AM

But, what the heck is that Froggy wheelie?

Never Fired, only dropped once!

#60 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:56 AM

No no no.

Check out Michelle Viscusi. Best accessory an AR-15 could ever have. 

michelle-viscusi-002.jpg

#61 bowman81

bowman81

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:44 AM

the fuck?

I never said it was bad, I like guns, I like shooting. I was even contemplating flying over to the us to try and join the west coast shooting wknd. I was more curious as to why so many, if it's a collection that's all the answer I needed.

#62 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:54 AM

the fuck?

I never said it was bad, I like guns, I like shooting. I was even contemplating flying over to the us to try and join the west coast shooting wknd. I was more curious as to why so many, if it's a collection that's all the answer I needed.

Does a chef only own one knife?

#63 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

Charlie, i knew there was more than one reason why i liked glock.

#64 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

the fuck?

1). I like old things.

2). I like wood and iron.

3). I like to shoot.

4). I like to fix things.

5). I like to collect.

6). And I like liquid investments that make a fuk-load of noise.......:lol:

#65 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,943 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

the fuck?

yeah i hadnt so much addressed that to you as some other people around here, mea culpa 

#66 bowman81

bowman81

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

the fuck?

1). I like old things.

3). I like to shoot.

5). I like to collect.

6). And I like liquid investments that make a fuk-load of noise....... :lol:

Sounds fair to me, I'll try and see if work will send me to the states just in time for another west coast shooting weekend.

When I first got to the states A friendly Tennessean took me to the range to shoot his .22 rifle, SKS and 303 Nagant, then some plinking with the 357 and 22 7

shot handguns.

My third trip fellow anarchist coelacanth2 took me to the range to kill some bright orange pigeons this was the trip where i first saw this funny white stuff that comes from the sky, I don't think i need to experience that part again.

#67 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

the fuck?

1). I like old things.

3). I like to shoot.

5). I like to collect.

6). And I like liquid investments that make a fuk-load of noise....... :lol:

Sounds fair to me, I'll try and see if work will send me to the states just in time for another west coast shooting weekend.

When I first got to the states A friendly Tennessean took me to the range to shoot his .22 rifle, SKS and 303 Nagant, then some plinking with the 357 and 22 7

shot handguns.

My third trip fellow anarchist coelacanth2 took me to the range to kill some bright orange pigeons this was the trip where i first saw this funny white stuff that comes from the sky, I don't think i need to experience that part again.

:lol:

#68 sledracr

sledracr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

amro:  check out "IPSC" (ipsc.org), and/or "USPSA" (uspsa.org) in the US.  IPSC is the International practical shooting association, a style of competition where you shoot "stages" on the clock.  Every stage is different at every match - on one stage you might go through a doorway and down a hallway shooting paper and steel targets along the way; on another stage you might be crossing a rope bridge and shooting appearing/disappearing targets, etc.  All "on the clock", with penalties for shooting the wrong targets.

There are active IPSC clubs in BC.  Worth checking out. 

#69 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:14 AM

Thanks sled. That sounds close to what i am after. The local outdoor range has ipsc. They also do ppc/leap. The biggest training school here has a tactical carbine course where you train with a rifle and sidearm. Very interested in that.

#70 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

Bowman, you'd be at home in whistler. It's all australians playing in the funny white stuff falling from the sky. We call it australia north.

#71 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

It's getting to be about time for another West Coast Bangfest. The gun nut brother just put together a FAL, to go along with the AK's and the AR's for his guns of the world collection :rolleyes: I was going to get a 700 in .308, but bought a Lido 14 instead. Whut  wuz I thikin

#72 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,829 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

If any of you reloaders want some .45 brass let me know, I got prob 500 pieces laying around. I have finally admitted to myself I'm not gonna get off my lazy ass and reload it.

#73 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

If any of you reloaders want some .45 brass let me know, I got prob 500 pieces laying around. I have finally admitted to myself I'm not gonna get off my lazy ass and reload it.

Uhhhhh....  Mee Mee Mee Mee!

#74 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,829 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

PM me your address CF and it'll be on it's way next week.

#75 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

It's getting to be about time for another West Coast Bangfest. The gun nut brother just put together a FAL, to go along with the AK's and the AR's for his guns of the world collection :rolleyes: I was going to get a 700 in .308, but bought a Lido 14 instead. Whut  wuz I thikin

Hey Timo! Thanks for volunteering to "organize" these dedicated nihilists.  

BTW: I wanna shoot that FN/FAL! Even gots some .308. 

#76 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,686 posts
  • Interests:SA is DEAD

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

Tactical Hunting nice... Only place around here I could use that is down Town Oakland around 3am after strutting around wearing that green suit posted in another SA thread.

#77 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

Can you find me a brick or two of .22 for the next get together, please!

#78 2slow

2slow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:37 AM

bricks here are $23-29. federal to cci

are there import restrictions on ammo?

#79 Hatin' life

Hatin' life

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • Interests:Screwing, nailing, other woodworking activities.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:43 AM

As the salesman is walking out to get my buddy's rifle, i put my head down and said "better bring 2". 

I ended up with a M&P 15T in almost the same manner.

#80 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:15 AM

Probably a Sunday in a couple of weeks, what are good days for youse guys?

#81 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,298 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

How 'bout Sunday in a couple of weeks?

Duh.......:lol:

#82 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:17 AM

2slow i think the paperwork needed to import ammo makes it pointless. And it's not like canadians can just casually pop over the border with it. If there was a way get get it down to you guys i'd be shipping it by the bucket. I'll go shoot 2000 rounds in your honour on saturday. With pics and video.

#83 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

How 'bout Sunday in a couple of weeks?

Duh....... :lol:

Sounds great, you set it up,.. B)

#84 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

Got a brick for you, SB.  And two Sundays from now looks good.

#85 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,114 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:33 AM

If you are finding cheap milsurp 7.62x39, then it will be hard to reload it any cheaper than what you are paying, although if you load it yourself, then it would be non-corrosive. Last time I checked retail prices on everything and did all the math, I found I was saving approx 60% on 9 and 45 and 70% on .223. Aside from the cost savings, I find that reloading is a hobby unto itself, and it also gives you the ultimate flexibility in what you shoot. I can load down my pistol rounds so they are very light recoiling target rounds, and I can load up my rifle rounds a little hotter when I know they are going to run through the Ruger #1s.

Yeah, you absolutely can reload 7.62x39.  I have a buddy that does for an AR upper he has.  But agree that milsurp is still cheap enough that reloading isn't completely required for blasting ammo.  I do the same for my ARs too.  .223 bulk is cheap enough that I use factory for plinking and blasting through my carbines and then reload .223 for my Precision AR.  Trying to reload 500+ rounds for a day at the range with the AR is tough with a rockchucker.  You would need a Dillon setup for that kind of volume. 

I've reloaded 200 at a time for my .308 bolt gun, but that's a LOT of time involved to do it right.  I reload for LR precision, so I'm weighing each and every powder charge.

#86 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,114 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:36 AM

mU1OBtF.jpg

Amro, what about that gun makes it Less evil than an AR-15 for you folks up North?

#87 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,114 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:45 AM

Ammro, Disregard the previous post.  I think you answered my question about why the Kel-tec is ok and the AR is not. 

Folks - THIS right here is a PEFECT example of the stupidity of the anti-gun mentality.  That keltec is able to hold as many rounds as an AR, shoot the same ammo as an AR and shoot rounds as quickly as an AR and functions exactly the same as an AR. 

So why is it safer?  Because it doesn't make the specious ed's of the world piss his panties when they see it, that's why.  And that's the ONLY reason. 

#88 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,114 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

IHCparts4037.jpg

Now before you answer, I'm not saying you shouldn't have that many nor that you should be prevented from having that many, legitimately interested.  I guess I see you need 1-2 small caliber for small game, maybe a couple of larger caliber for Deer etc.  a hand gun for protection/range and maybe a high quality one for comp if that's what you do.  I'm counting 12 rifles and 10 handguns

Is it simply a collection for collection sake?

I'm not boothy (I'm FAR more handsome), but "need" has ZERO to do with it. 

#89 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,114 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

No no no.

michelle-viscusi-002.jpg

It looks like she got a piece of shrapnel in her lip.

#90 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,114 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:56 AM

So what?  Maybe I like Glock 23s.  I have 4 roughly identical AR-15s.  Give me an example of why having 20 guns of the same make model, etc. is "questionable".  Its not like I could use 20 guns of ANY KIND all at once.

#91 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,114 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

I'll take it.

Damn!

#92 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

No no no.

michelle-viscusi-002.jpg

It looks like she got a piece of shrapnel in her lip.

And a wet comic book on her shoulder.

#93 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

Got a brick for you, SB.  And two Sundays from now looks good.

Thanks! Isn't that during that ball game? :P

#94 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,233 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

In most states, that is...

#95 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,114 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

In most states, that is...

True, technically.  At least until the SCOTUS gets around to tossing it out as un-connie.....

#96 Mike in Seattle

Mike in Seattle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Amro;

,to your original question,

NO !

, it never stops .

, not a single one of this buncha dumbasses has mentioned

the need to occasionally pay homage to our ancestors

with muzzle loading Black Powder Thundersticks

( :)  Hawkins below)

;) , one needs a pirate pistol styled front stuffer as part of the proper  accoutrements,

,along with powder horn ,shot bag, "possibles" bag, etc.

:D , you know you're having fun when your nose smells like sulpher for a coupla days afterward

B)

I am your Father, Luke.

Join me,

,and feel the full caliber power of the Dark side

IMG_0033.jpg

#97 LenP

LenP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Not the prettiest or nicest flinter for sure, but I did manage to fill a tag with it. I gotta say, it felt really cool to actually use the flinter in a hunt.

906fsl.jpg

I am looking forward to doing a custom flintlock build.

#98 LenP

LenP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

slightly OT, but it looks like you cali folks might want to get your Ruger handguns while you still can.

http://www.thetrutha...mis-california/

#99 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

I'll take it.

Damn!

We'll see about sharing Doghouse's largess. 

#100 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

Mike in Seattle, on 16 Jan 2014 - 06:48, said:
,and feel the full caliber power of the Dark side

Yep, I'm thinking of a .30 Cal Semi Rifle: AK-47, HK-91, SR-762, AR-10, FN/FAL, wutevah. In case of a Zombie Moose poc'olips.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guns, firearms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users