10 replies to this topic

#1 X X-Yachter

X X-Yachter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

Ok so place your bets on how the multis do against some of the highly touted monos this year. Following with interest as next year this event  might be the first offshore event for the Dragonfly 32 arriving this summer. I'm betting on Tom Reese with  Flight Simulator- Corsair 28R- to buzz the big boys.

#2 Wess

Wess

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

What Dragonfly?

Scratch sheets shows only a Corsair, a second modified Corsair and a Catana.

Whatever happened to that big (red/orange??) Farrier that was tuning up down that way a year or so back before it got hit by lightening.  I thought they wanted to race it here.  Actually I don't think I have ever heard of it racing anywhere??

#3 joey g

joey g

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Tom resse has a great boat and a great crew, with the forecast the way it is though cheeky is going to be the faster boat if they can keep the boat under control. 

#4 joey g

joey g

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

Tom resse has a great boat and a great crew, with the forecast the way it is though cheeky is going to be the faster boat if they can keep the boat under control.

#5 X X-Yachter

X X-Yachter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Hey Wess- the Dragonfly 32 is arriving this summer. Meaning it hasn't been built yet.

This race has been on my bucket list for a while.

#6 Wess

Wess

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hi X squared.

Sorry, I missed the "next year" part of the statement, reading too quickly.

I gotta get down there myself one of these days.

Wess

#7 Speng

Speng

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts
  • Interests:stuff with sails

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

Race makes sense as a Key West RW fun feeder race but if you don't have a class at KW then maybe not as sensible? I recall sometime back the F boats had a class(es) at KWRW. what happened to that?

#8 joey g

joey g

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

There used to be OD 28s at KWRW and then in 2011 it was a PHRF fleet and then they said they are going from 3 circles to 2 and that the mulitihull circle was the one that was cut.

#9 eric nelson

eric nelson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, cycling, and wind turbines

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

There used to be OD 28s at KWRW and then in 2011 it was a PHRF fleet and then they said they are going from 3 circles to 2 and that the mulitihull circle was the one that was cut.

That's a real shame.  Maybe in the future multis will return.

#10 Multihauler

Multihauler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:58 AM

I think the best bet for a return of a multihull O.D. Class at KWRW would be a Corsair Sprint 750 mk-II class. It's an awesome little 3 man boat, that's only a tad bit slower than the 28R.

Cheers!!!

-MH

#11 joey g

joey g

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

I think the best bet for a return of a multihull O.D. Class at KWRW would be a Corsair Sprint 750 mk-II class. It's an awesome little 3 man boat, that's only a tad bit slower than the 28R.

Cheers!!!

-MH

Well see about that in the future. This year there is a 750 class at the Cherry Pie Regatta going on Feb 7-9 with 7 boats in class and then another 11 boats in the open fleet. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users