• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 edouard

edouard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:Leisure sailing for 35 years with anything windpowered from Hobies to Classic Keelboats

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

Just to make AC go ape-shit-crazzy :)

http://www.sail-worl...ard-2014/118426

#2 thetruth

thetruth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Short of men in France?

#3 edouard

edouard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:Leisure sailing for 35 years with anything windpowered from Hobies to Classic Keelboats

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

Short of men in France?

Whatever that's supposed to mean.

#4 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,749 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

Some day he'll make the AC Hall of Fame.

I hope that at that HOF ceremony they show the great photo of GD grinding on board Aotearoa, neck veins bulged.

#5 sunseeker

sunseeker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:46 AM

I hope that at that HOF ceremony they show the great photo of GD grinding on board Aotearoa, neck veins bulged.

I hope someone during the induction asks "mate, what the hell went wrong?"

#6 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,749 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:06 AM

LOL!

8)

#7 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Interests:Integrity.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

Wow that is amazing.

Well done Grant. Let's make a list of the winning achievements you have achieved for this well deserved award...

1. ...?...

#8 thetruth

thetruth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

An outpouring of congratulations on this thread.......................

#9 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:20 AM

If any of you have seen this weeks Mainsail you would truly see just how much NZ is STILL behind their squad . The video footage of those crowds in shed 10 dieing as they watched those final races is really astounding . The overwhelming recepton they gave ETNZ on their return home after losing showed just how much class they have and love for their team . I wanted oracle to win , mostly to shut up some of the unbelievably obnoxious " fans " on this forum but I knew how much this really ment to the true fans of ET and that tempered my joy a good bit. Grant said as No 1 guy on the team the failure falls on him . He's taking responsibility for the results and obviously maintaining his fan support . I look forward to seeing ET back in the game for AC 35 along with MOST of their fans :)

#10 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

I hope someone during the induction asks "mate, what the hell went wrong?"

Shirley Robertson did just that in this weeks Mainsail .

#11 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

If any of you have seen this weeks Mainsail you would truly see just how much NZ is STILL behind their squad . The video footage of those crowds in shed 10 dieing as they watched those final races is really astounding . The overwhelming recepton they gave ETNZ on their return home after losing showed just how much class they have and love for their team . I wanted oracle to win , mostly to shut up some of the unbelievably obnoxious " fans " on this forum but I knew how much this really ment to the true fans of ET and that tempered my joy a good bit. Grant said as No 1 guy on the team the failure falls on him . He's taking responsibility for the results and obviously maintaining his fan support . I look forward to seeing ET back in the game for AC 35 along with MOST of their fans :)

5000 people MAx does not make up more than 0.2 % of the population.

get real!

how are the donations into the ETnZ fund going with all the AC hype!.... have they reached $1000 yet

#12 Speed demon

Speed demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Giving Grumpy this  award is like giving Hitler an award for services to humanitarian rights.

There were so many better candidates than this Loser.

My god! this is a disgrace to many great sailors who have achieved so much and actually won something.

#13 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Interests:Getting guys to put their white sticky stuff all over my face.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

Has  Coutts ever received this award?

#14 edouard

edouard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

Giving Grumpy this  award is like giving Hitler an award for services to humanitarian rights.

My god! this is a disgrace to many great sailors who have achieved so much and actually won something.

Twice winner of the Whitbread (once as skipper/campaign director), 4 other podium finishes in that race all as skipper/campaign director.

He also skippered and won the The Race on maxi catamaran Club Med.

Not bad for a loser :)

#15 jc172528

jc172528

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

Wow that is amazing.

Well done Grant. Let's make a list of the winning achievements you have achieved for this well deserved award...

1. ...?...

Lets make a list of your winning whining achievements .................................

#16 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

Twice winner of the Whitbread (once as skipper/campaign director), 4 other podium finishes in that race all as skipper/campaign director.

It only one of Two dicks many sock puppets. Or his booty call when he is on the mainland. Either way he doesn't really exist.

#17 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:21 AM

once winner as Skipper in a 70 foot ketch v 60 foot Sloops. Hardly a tough race.

Skippered Club med against two dogs that crashed and burned.

So basically...   not a win in a serious competitive event with equal  hardware.

or .... a loser/choker

#18 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

The ketches were 80 foot dickwit. But don't let the facts get in the way of your shit.

#19 jc172528

jc172528

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:53 AM

once winner as Skipper in a 70 foot ketch v 60 foot Sloops. Hardly a tough race.

And how many have you won?

#20 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

He is well known in the Wellington area for his sea sickness. Gets crook on the ferry apparently. Tastes his lunch twice as soon as they clear the harbour. Don't think he would have been much use on a Whitbread.

#21 Trafficker

Trafficker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:34 AM

get real!

how are the donations into the ETnZ fund going with all the AC hype!.... have they reached $1000 yet

$166K. Not bad for a country that doesn't support ETNZ apparently..

https://givealittle....ause/teamnzac35

#22 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

get real!

Is that it?... fukk! That is pathetic.

Even if that was 160,000 people at $1.00 each that is still less than 2% of the population...
And it is probably just 5-10,000 people which means 0.2%.

Wow what a majority,

Sorry but the spin doctors have people like you believing anything.

99% of Kiwis do not give a shit about ETNZ or AC. Sure there was good TV patronage during the cup. But that was because there was nothing else on and kiwis needed something to cheer about... oh and it meant they had a excuse to be late to work...

Which explains NZ's very poor productivity stats!

#23 edouard

edouard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

get real!

Is that it?... fukk! That is pathetic.

Even if that was 160,000 people at $1.00 each that is still less than 2% of the population...
And it is probably just 5-10,000 people which means 0.2%.

Wow what a majority,

Sorry but the spin doctors have people like you believing anything.

99% of Kiwis do not give a shit about ETNZ or AC. Sure there was good TV patronage during the cup. But that was because there was nothing else on and kiwis needed something to cheer about... oh and it meant they had a excuse to be late to work...

Which explains NZ's very poor productivity stats!

So the 1.2 million people who tuned in to watch the races was 1% of the population?

Wow!

I had never realized that the equivalent of the population of the US was stacked on those few islands.You really must be cramped.

#24 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

Minus one. Dick breath now lives in Paros remember. Relaxing in the sun and sailing the islands apparently. Haven't spend to much time in the Aegean in January have you dick breath?

#25 The Advocate

The Advocate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,350 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

So basically...   not a win in a serious competitive event with equal  hardware.

or .... a loser/choker

You really are just a bitter and twisted fuckwit.

Has you mother realised you jerk off in the basement to her Womans Weeklies yet?

#26 Tornado-Cat

Tornado-Cat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,702 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

or .... a loser/choker

What crap.

Club Med finished in 62 days and LP, on Innovation Explorer, 2 days later. The only real difference between the 2 boats was a storm sail. Cam Lewis on Team Adventure was behind.

#27 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

or .... a loser/choker

What crap.

Club Med finished in 62 days and LP, on Innovation Explorer, 2 days later. The only real difference between the 2 boats was a storm sail. Cam Lewis on Team Adventure was behind.

2 1/2 boat race.... wow! shit grant is a legend

#28 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

Yes he is still along way short of your achievements , isn't he Dick breath.

#29 r.finn

r.finn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

By that standard, is Joyon's solo around the world record a minor accomplishment?  

#30 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

By that standard, is Joyon's solo around the world record a minor accomplishment?  

No, but he would be more deserving of this award than dalton.

#31 r.finn

r.finn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

Well I'm biased on that one, but am curious where you draw the line and why. I'm not convinced there is a methodology to all of your opinions, but I'm willing to be wrong about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users