#4 SCANAS

SCANAS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Interests:Water and Mud

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

It's like someone who hasn't watched FAT PIZZA had a similar idea, but did a shit job of it.

#5 SCANAS

SCANAS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:08 AM

And it's STRAYA day..... Notice the view count

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=F4AchHTN-XQ

#6 OzScoutSailor

OzScoutSailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:22 AM

As a Shire boy that is so good. Kudos to him for getting so many of the names to fit in, even got Illawong in

#7 Maclir

Maclir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

This here is the wattle, the symbol of our land
You can stick it in a bottle, or hold it in your hand.

#8 auscat

auscat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

Happy Stralia day

#9 auscat

auscat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

#10 Leka

Leka

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Location:Tinh Gia, Central North Province, Vietnam, but I still call Australia home.

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

Mrs Leka spent yesterday afternoon making Lamingtons and ANZAC biscuits.

NOICE!!!

Off to the Tavern (Closest we can find to an Aussie pub here) to share some Aussie fare today.

#11 The Advocate

The Advocate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

Happy Straya day cunts.

#12 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,280 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:07 AM

Just saw reference to it watching the x games... The fuxk? Also, a boarder from oz.... The Fuck?

#13 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Mrs Leka spent yesterday afternoon making Lamingtons and ANZAC biscuits.

NOICE!!!

Off to the Tavern (Closest we can find to an Aussie pub here) to share some Aussie fare today.

Mrs Leka is a Champion. You can't get enough of Aussie kulcha....

#14 SCANAS

SCANAS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

Just saw reference to it watching the x games... The fuxk? Also, a boarder from oz.... The Fuck?

Say what???

#15 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,280 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

Say what???

x- games, do i really have to explain? snowboarding half pipe championship was on last night, some dude from oz does a run. interviewer asks him about Australia day... then i realized, how is there a snowboarder from oz? 

#16 Centurion

Centurion

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

How is it that you do not know of the great skiing and snowboarding in Australia and New Zealand.

http://www.skimax.co...i-australia.htm

http://www.newzealan...ess-release.cfm

#17 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,112 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

Drifting in my Capella.........

I really like this, and the Shire one too.

The Lebanese-Australian kids there seem to have made something brand new, it's impressive. They're a lot like the Latin-American kids here ... they get blamed for a lot of stuff, they start trouble sometimes when they're in groups, but they're making their own way, mixing the language and culture of their grandparents with the remnants of the British empire, and like the Latinos here, their food is delicious.

This is the roughly the equivalent of that vid, but over here, the Miami thing ...

#18 SPORTSCAR

SPORTSCAR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts
  • Interests:sailing (duh!)

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

In Nulla

http://youtube.com/w...h?v=JTodXfKC_gc

Evo woulda luvved this. RIP Evo!

#19 SCANAS

SCANAS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

Say what???
x- games, do i really have to explain? snowboarding half pipe championship was on last night, some dude from oz does a run. interviewer asks him about Australia day... then i realized, how is there a snowboarder from oz? 

Righto. Thought you where talking about the videos. And yes we have snow in Australia.

#20 SCANAS

SCANAS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:48 AM

Drifting in my Capella.........

I really like this, and the Shire one too.

The Lebanese-Australian kids there seem to have made something brand new, it's impressive. They're a lot like the Latin-American kids here ... they get blamed for a lot of stuff, they start trouble sometimes when they're in groups, but they're making their own way, mixing the language and culture of their grandparents with the remnants of the British empire, and like the Latinos here, their food is delicious.

This is the roughly the equivalent of that vid, but over here, the Miami thing ...

The Comedy in this video is very average. Fat Pizza the TV show did it extremely well.

#21 SPORTSCAR

SPORTSCAR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts
  • Interests:sailing (duh!)

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:22 AM

Say what???

Righto. Thought you where talking about the videos. And yes we have snow in Australia.

From the Strange but True file: Australia has more snow than Switzerland!

#22 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,367 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

a few years ago about 30% of  the seasonal employees at Vail were from Oz or NZ 

the resort had to close early even though there was lots of late season snow because their visas expired on the original closing date

#23 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,112 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

The Comedy in this video is very average. Fat Pizza the TV show did it extremely well.

It's not so much the funny that makes me keep watching it, it's just the reminder of the excitement of Sydney.

We have all those Shire/Jersey Shore kids already here, the ones down there are practically the same, not so interesting. But these Lebanese kids making fun of the Shire kids, and doing it in their Lebanese Australian way, we have nothing like that here. All that culture that Sydneysiders may not find so interesting because they're just used to it.

Do party kids actually do lines of ketamine down there?

#24 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Say what???

From the Strange but True file: Australia has more snow than Switzerland!

How come you never see Swiss guys opening bottles with an Australian army style pocket knife?

#25 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,112 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

How come you never see Swiss guys opening bottles with an Australian army style pocket knife?

I remember a Swiss Military veteran on a research vacation for his restaurant in Bern who opened Australian girls with a bottle wine and a steak dinner. Close enough?

#26 Leka

Leka

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Location:Tinh Gia, Central North Province, Vietnam, but I still call Australia home.

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

I remember a Swiss Military veteran on a research vacation for his restaurant in Bern who opened Australian girls with a cheap bottle of wine and a steak dinner. Close enough?

Fixed it for you. :rolleyes:

No need to waste money on a steak dinner.

#27 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,112 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

I remember a Swiss Military veteran on a research vacation for his restaurant in Bern who opened Australian girls with a cheap bottle of wine and a steak dinner. Close enough?

Fixed it for you. :rolleyes:

No need to waste money on a steak dinner.

Speaking of Japan ... I'll never forget something that happened to me once in North Sydney, I still don't understand it though.

I'm waiting on line for the ATM to get a few paltry dollars from my account that was loaded up with maybe a thousand bucks, tops. In front of me is a Japanese girl, fairly plain looking, not dressed spectacularly, just an average looking Japanese girl at an average ATM in North Sydney. She finishes her transaction and then starts futzing around with the machine, touching the keys over and over, turns back at me and looks confused, finally seems to ask me not to use the machine until she can go inside, but her English wasn't there. I didn't want to wait, I figured if the machine didn't work for her maybe it would work for me.

She goes inside, I take my turn; boop, boop, beep, beep, get a few bucks out, enough to last a few days, the receipt comes out, but instead of one receipt, it was two receipts, the girl's receipt from in front of me was attached to mine. I didn't think much of it, stuffed it in my pocket, no big deal, back then the front of most ATM machines in Sydney were littered with receipts, I guess identity theft wasn't a problem back then, nobody cared. As I get back to the office building, I go toward the elevator, pull out the receipt to check my balance, and catch a glimpse of the other receipt.

Holy shit ...

That chick had like $14 million something in her checking account. I had to look at it a few times just to make sure I wasn't reading the zeros wrong. I show it to one of the guys on the floor, ask if I should return it to the bank, he makes a point ... "would you return it if the balance was $45? You would just toss it." And then he says "and that's just her CHECKING account."

I eventually tossed it, but not before really thinking that were some things in the world that I knew nothing about before then ... like Japanese billionaires who send their otherwise normal daughters off to Australia with a few million bucks in a bank account, you know, just in case they want to buy something.

#28 SCANAS

SCANAS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

Pfft only $14m. I should post one of mine! Amateur

It was in Baht though, does that count?

#29 Headntac

Headntac

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Sailing in general.

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:17 AM

In Nulla

http://youtube.com/w...h?v=JTodXfKC_gc

Evo woulda luvved this. RIP Evo!

Coming from such a place, Fukin hilarious......and Yes thee big guy woulda had something to say

twelve months on he  is still causing grief,,,hehehhe

#30 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,112 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

They're doing it in Thailand too? Do tell.

Why do Japanese people keep Aussie bank accounts with millions of dollars in them? It seems to be a cultural mystery then.

#31 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

Maybe the same reason the American people keep millions of dollars in Cayman Island bank accounts?

#32 GRUMPY

GRUMPY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,133 posts
  • Interests:Hobie Miracle 20

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

Pfft indeed. My eldest carries debit cards for my accounts. If she left a receipt behind at an ATM Mikey would assume she's a millionaire!

#33 Leka

Leka

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

Possibility the currency was in Yen??

10,000 yen = $100 (roughly)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users