^ TC off to France for 6-7 weeks in Sept for the 5th time, any suggestions? Little secret places off the tourist map?
Obviously my favourite places are in Brittany, best place IF the weather is nice. Some suggestions that you may check on Google
- Roscoff : small privateer city, send me a pm if you go around in summer (July-August), I'll invite you for dinner chez Hélène
- Ile de Batz: most beautiful small island I have ever visited, in front of Roscoff
- Brignogan : small typical harbour, send me a pm too
- Brest: city destroyed during last ww but nice castle and Tour Tanguy, Moulin Blanc is harbour: go to eat at Le Tour de Monde, previously owned by Kersauson
- Concarneau: wonderful medieval city on an island, a bit too touristic in summer
- Lorient: the base for all french multis, the place where Oracle guys learnt how to sail multis before AC33. Go to eat at the restaurant "La Base"
If you want so see castles, visit the Vallée de la Loire, very calm, quiet and beautiful place, stop at Chenonceaux and Amboise.
South of france: visit the old city of Hyères, but I am not a specialist of southern france hidden treasures