• Please log in to reply
1090 replies to this topic

#101 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

Scary to think that while we snivel over toy & real Drones

This Heavy Bird flys around un-noticed

do those things Not have a LoJack running that can't be turned off ?? (Like an EPIRB just to track)

I'ed hate to think they could turn off their YellowBrick and AIS and fly Invisible at any level that the World wouldn't sat WTF Look at Dat

Or ...................DA-Plane, DA-Plane Boss  here com Da-Plane

#102 Cleveland Steamer

Cleveland Steamer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

I'll lay out a sawbuck that the US government has known all along where the plane is but doesn't want to tell folks where to look too soon because that might reveal too much about their capabilities.

#103 ropetrick

ropetrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

I'll lay out a sawbuck that the US government has known all along where the plane is but doesn't want to tell folks where to look too soon because that might reveal too much about their capabilities.

You should update your avatar photo to include the tinfoil hat.

#104 Cleveland Steamer

Cleveland Steamer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

You should update your avatar photo to include the tinfoil hat.

You might think I'm kidding, but it's pretty easy to find something in the ocean with high res photos. Clouds, water, and waves all have predictable signatures and it's easy for algorithms to look for anything in an image that doesn't fit the profile of being a cloud or water.

#105 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,145 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

lol.

Obviously the US is diverting it's trillion dollar program to look for a missing jet airliner. No question.

#106 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

Well, I looked under my sofa, between the cushions and behind the dryer- no plane-

I'm out

#107 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,145 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

Well, I looked under my sofa, between the cushions and behind the dryer- no plane-

I'm out

You forgot under the car seats

#108 Cleveland Steamer

Cleveland Steamer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

Let me put it another way. The Chinese just published a satellite photo showing what looks like debris. The resolution is really crappy and looks like they used an algorithm to blur the image a bit. That's a common technique to hide how high your resolution really is. Anyway, they said they've had the photo for several days but just announced it.

One possible explanation is that they have been in possession of this information for a while but were hoping someone else would find the plane. But that hasn't happened and people are getting ticked, so they finally said "Eff it, let's dumb down the image so people won't know our true capabilities. Maybe we'll get some street cred out of it". Could also be a gamble to demonstrate to their enemies (who would suspect the image quality of being diminished) that they're fully capable of tracking a plane with a satellite.

#109 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

As per Doghouse's reminder, I've also checked under my seats- no plane, however I recovered 2 lighters, 23 French fries, 5 Gatorade lids, a left sailing glove, numerous bits of spectra, $1.37, and an Annapolis city parking tix.

#110 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,879 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.

A hospital? What is it?

It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

#111 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,879 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.

A hospital? What is it?

It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

#112 plchacker

plchacker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

I would think that any subs in the area of a downed 777 would have a pretty good clue.  Sonar stations too. 

#113 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,145 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

I would think that any subs in the area of a downed 777 would have a pretty good clue.  Sonar stations too. 

Subs are pretty useless. Sub support ships and a P3 Orion are the right tools.

#114 Pete M

Pete M

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,869 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

I wonder if any T-AGOS MSC ships were in the Straights of Malacca that night

that being said - it's a very busy waterway and very noisy

On second thought-  it's probably too busy a waterway for a T-AGOS boat - plus there are only a few still operating, but they are mostly in the west pacific

#115 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

BihixI6CYAAz_s5.jpg

#116 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:35 AM

http://www.naturalne...planations.html

#117 Tom P

Tom P

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Racing; lower Chesapeake Bay

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:54 AM

That's how the cell companies are running up our cell bills!

#118 dreaded

dreaded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,497 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:28 AM

and just where are those cell towers out in the south china sea?

#119 Zonker

Zonker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

http://gcaptain.com/...ne-off-vietnam/

#120 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,235 posts
  • Interests:SA is DEAD

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:18 AM

BihixI6CYAAz_s5.jpg

I heard one very random comment on the news about a NZ person on an oil rig stating he may have seen the plane. Sounds like he took notice of the plane given it did not appear to be a normal situation and offered up some pretty decent details regarding his location and where he could see it.

The comment about fire makes you wonder how on earth could a big airliner catch fire with nothing being reported back from the pilots? I guess they could have been incapacitated quickly with no time to issue a distress message but in a manner that the plane stayed air born? Man this thing just gets more strange every day.

#121 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

I'm pretty confident that shortly after takeoff, the front fell off and the flaming wreckage traveled outside the environment.

#122 dash34

dash34

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Sailing my boat, playing bass and classical guitar, flying sailplanes, skiing, cycling and hiking.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

Now there are rumours that the engines were still sending ACARS messages 5 hours after the flight disappeared.  Truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm still going with alien abduction, of all the theories it fits the current set of facts the best.  Next best theory is vaporization from meteor impact, but no satellite picked up any flashes, which would surely have occured.

#123 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,665 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

HAARP was involved I tell's ya!

#124 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,573 posts
  • Interests:walks on the beach,a good book,a good cry

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

#125 Clove Hitch

Clove Hitch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,952 posts
  • Interests:Garnacha. Gunk-holing.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

A new twist.    This is a great website.  It's the same one that broke the news about the alien device in a dude's tooth.  Will the "lame-stream" media ignore this?!

a very trusted source warning that there is now a ‘strong possibility’ according to several retired US Military officers that the missing Malaysian 370 was being prepared to be used as an EMP ‘stealth’ weapon to attack America. We’ve also been warned that this airplane was likely being repainted and its transponder being altered to fake both its’ origin as well as its’ destination, making Malaysia 370 the ultimate stealth weapon The prospect, regarded as a strong possibility by three retired flag officers, is to offload the passengers at a military hangar, load a neutron bomb (EMP weapon) aboard, re-load passengers, and fly it at high altitude over the United States for detonation.
http://beforeitsnews...an-2451090.html

#126 sailm8

sailm8

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

A new twist.    This is a great website.  It's the same one that broke the news about the alien device in a dude's tooth.  Will the "lame-stream" media ignore this?!

a very trusted source warning that there is now a ‘strong possibility’ according to several retired US Military officers that the missing Malaysian 370 was being prepared to be used as an EMP ‘stealth’ weapon to attack America. We’ve also been warned that this airplane was likely being repainted and its transponder being altered to fake both its’ origin as well as its’ destination, making Malaysia 370 the ultimate stealth weapon The prospect, regarded as a strong possibility by three retired flag officers, is to offload the passengers at a military hangar, load a neutron bomb (EMP weapon) aboard, re-load passengers, and fly it at high altitude over the United States for detonation.

Love the video.    She just reads it I guess for the sake of those in their audience who can't read.

#127 Clove Hitch

Clove Hitch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

The flight MH370 was flying at more than 35,000 ft when it disappeared in good weather condition fuelling the weird theory of an alien attack and abduction.

The social media is abuzz with this theory as not even the super efficient Satellites were able to detect any trace of the missing plane.

The alien abduction theory now holds more weight as the Chinese media claimed that some passengers' mobile phones were ringing when their relatives called while the American spy satellite too showed no sign of a mid-air explosion in its image.

lol

http://www.ibtimes.c...spiracy-1439711

#128 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, booze and easy women.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

BihixI6CYAAz_s5.jpg

I heard one very random comment on the news about a NZ person on an oil rig stating he may have seen the plane. Sounds like he took notice of the plane given it did not appear to be a normal situation and offered up some pretty decent details regarding his location and where he could see it.

The comment about fire makes you wonder how on earth could a big airliner catch fire with nothing being reported back from the pilots? I guess they could have been incapacitated quickly with no time to issue a distress message but in a manner that the plane stayed air born? Man this thing just gets more strange every day.

Ask Payne Stewart and his flight crew how that could happen.

#129 dreaded

dreaded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,497 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

wtf would you reload the passengers?  

#130 Clove Hitch

Clove Hitch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

I think I figured it out

#131 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

a very trusted source warning that there is now a strong possibility according to several retired US Military officers that the missing Malaysian 370 was being prepared to be used as an EMP stealth weapon to attack America. Weve also been warned that this airplane was likely being repainted and its transponder being altered to fake both its origin as well as its destination, making Malaysia 370 the ultimate stealth weapon The prospect, regarded as a strong possibility by three retired flag officers, is to offload the passengers at a military hangar, load a neutron bomb (EMP weapon) aboard, re-load passengers, and fly it at high altitude over the United States for detonation.

wtf would you reload the passengers?  

Question is reload them with what?

#132 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

shouldn't this thread be changed to

Plane Just Plain Missing .....yes 

#133 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,196 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

I dunno...but if I was running S&R flight ops for six straight days, and then come to find somebody had been sitting on the information that the engines were pinging data out for 4 hours after the transponder shut down, I'd be tempted to send everybody to get hot meals, showers, and looong naps until verification of all heads being fully de-coloned is provided. Photos required.

#134 Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

I dunno...but if I was running S&R flight ops for six straight days, and then come to find somebody had been sitting on the information that the engines were pinging data out for 4 hours after the transponder shut down, I'd be tempted to send everybody to get hot meals, showers, and looong naps until verification of all heads being fully de-coloned is provided. Photos required.

Absolutely.

#135 Rhino 15

Rhino 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:48 AM

Sounds like a spy satellite heard the ACARS system either pinging a ground station and getting no reply due ro being out of range or pinging a satellite and getting no reply because the airline didn't subscribe to the service. Either way, it probably took a lot of digging and analyzing recordings, hence the delay.

#136 Cleveland Steamer

Cleveland Steamer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

It's probably not a coincidence that this piece of information was released not long after the Chinese threw a photo out there.

I would think ACARS signals would have been investigated pretty early on since, among other things, it contains data on stuff that's broken so maintenance can be scheduled promptly.

#137 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,195 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:33 AM

in other news, a US Scareways Scairburs throws a tire into an engine leading to an aborted takeoff and collapsed nose-gear at KPHL today. maybe i should drive to florida at the end of the month.... 

#138 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,135 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:34 AM

I just want to say "good luck, we're all counting on you."  

#139 Rhino 15

Rhino 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:36 AM

It's probably not a coincidence that this piece of information was released not long after the Chinese threw a photo out there.
I would think ACARS signals would have been investigated pretty early on since, among other things, it contains data on stuff that's broken so maintenance can be scheduled promptly.

ACARS didn't transmit data. But some three letter acronym heard it trying to connect.

#140 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:58 AM

in other news, a US Scareways Scairburs throws a tire into an engine leading to an aborted takeoff and collapsed nose-gear at KPHL today. maybe i should drive to florida at the end of the month.... 

Fly spirit outta AC for peanuts
FLL
PBI
TBA

#141 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,145 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

Fly Spirit?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha..................

Good one.

#142 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,135 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Fly Spirit?

Good one.

Ole Pappy Sol used to have a good Spirit story.  You'll think I've gone off on a tangent, but trust me, it gets back to spirit.  A guy from up north was coming down to race on a boat called "Spirit" in the old SORC days.  He was full on 60's hippie, complete with beard, backpack and the whole getup, complete with lack of car.  He hitches a ride south and gets to SPYC right after the boats had left on the St. Pete to Venice Race, so he finds his way on down to Venice, and sets up camp out behind the club later that night.  Someone sees this, and calls the cops, who find a guy sacked out on the lawn, tap him on the foot with a nightstick and ask what's going on.  The guy wakes up and says "I'm waiting for the Spirit."  

His end result reminds me of flying Spirit.  

#143 Clove Hitch

Clove Hitch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

The Onion has a great article today about the scope of the search being expanded to include the general scope of time and space

http://www.theonion....o-includ,35524/

700.jpg?0360

#144 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

Must consider tractor beams.

#145 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

Fly Spirit?

Good one.

C'mon, $68 to perform a sadistic yoga pose for an hr and a half while sharing an air tube with wallmart's finest?

#146 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

Nope- replaced the bulbs in my tractor and even on high, all they attract are bugs-

#147 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,145 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Fly Spirit?

Good one.

C'mon, $68 to perform a sadistic yoga pose for an hr and a half while sharing an air tube with wallmart's finest?

I'd take out a new mortgage on my house if I had to have a little extra scratch to fly a real airline.

#148 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

San Diego to TAHOE is a push between flying or driving considering the hours on each end and limited amount of luggage

The Actual Flying is Great

Frisco is another story as you MUST drive through the Black-Hole that is LA

Yet ya can't check yer Boat So ............... once again

#149 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

Fly Spirit?

Good one.

I'd take out a new mortgage on my house if I had to have a little extra scratch to fly a real airline.

Today's special: AC-FLL $30

I hear you though. It's by far the worst airline on earth but it's 30min from my front door and it goes to FLL, PBI. So in 3 hrs I go from bed to boat

Any farther than that and I'll walk to PHL and sell my ass to a guy named DeWayne before I fly spirit.

Don't walk to PHL and sell your ass to a guy named DeWayne.

#150 DRIFTW00D

DRIFTW00D

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Alien Abduction Theory buzzing on Social Media

http://www.ibtimes.c...spiracy-1439711

#151 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

wtf would aliens want with a plane full of Malaysians? What'd they do, start an extra terrestrial shoe mfg company?

#152 Glenn McCarthy

Glenn McCarthy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

With no debris seen yet, everyone is doing conjecture.  I heard a guy at lunch on the radio say maybe it was hijacked and landed somewhere either for ransom, or some weird thought they could repaint it and sell it (not sure what they would do with the people).  Or the co-pilot committed suicide.  Let the conjecture go on, until something concrete is found.  Any theory is possible.  Has anyone calculated what the flight range is, with the amount of fuel on board?  How far is that?

#153 dreaded

dreaded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,497 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

wtf would aliens want with a plane full of Malaysians? What'd they do, start an extra terrestrial shoe mfg company?

maybe they wanted some chinese takeout?

#154 Ishmael

Ishmael

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

With no debris seen yet, everyone is doing conjecture.  I heard a guy at lunch on the radio say maybe it was hijacked and landed somewhere either for ransom, or some weird thought they could repaint it and sell it (not sure what they would do with the people).  Or the co-pilot committed suicide.  Let the conjecture go on, until something concrete is found.  Any theory is possible.  Has anyone calculated what the flight range is, with the amount of fuel on board?  How far is that?

article-2580815-1C4B6F4B00000578-645_634

#155 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,196 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

Good studies are based on random sampling.

#156 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,150 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

Who could we use as a control group?

#157 dreaded

dreaded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,497 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

floridians..

#158 Jayavarman

Jayavarman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Sailing more & working less.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

Okay, at this point I think its time to go back and reexamine the oil slick found on day 1.  Was this an intentional red herring designed to goad investigators into looking for a wrecked jet in the water as opposed to a stolen/hijacked jet on the ground?

Jaya

#159 HookEm

HookEm

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Testicles, 1, 2... Testicles, 1, 2. This is your soul plane chauffeur Captain Antoine Mack speaking. Welcome aboard NWA flight 069 from the 310 to the 212. It's time to bust this coney y'all. In a hot second, I'll be hittin' them switches and gettin' this bitch pumpin' and jumpin'. So screw your shit on tight and enjoy the flight.

snoop-soul-plane-450x298.jpg

#160 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

floridians..

Or Kalifornians.

#161 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,150 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

floridians..

Or Kalifornians.

No...........you want a control group that are NOT aliens..........get it..........aliens...........

Never mind.

#162 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,145 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Inmarsat saying they tracked the plane after it lost contact. Looks like someone flew it to the Indian Ocean.

#163 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

maybe they wanted some chinese takeout?

Given China's fairly defensive and must know everything going on / budget no way an airliner would ever make it close to China without them knowing about it.

If it did fly for several hours it was in the direction of a country with far less capability to track incoming air traffic.

#164 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,265 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

Aliens it is:

With more and more information flushing through about the mysterious disappearance of the Malaysian plane, the US space agency NASA has put their foot down and has officially joined the international search operation to find the aircraft that vanished with 239 people aboard.

#165 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,196 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

Inmarsat saying they tracked the plane after it lost contact. Looks like someone flew it to the Indian Ocean.

The engine pinging stuff smells like a cover-up for some spy-sat info and capability, doesn't it? Six days was too long for somebody to be looking for emissions from a plane that went silent, and the airline initially called it BS.

#166 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,150 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

floridians..

Or Kalifornians.

No...........you want a control group that are NOT aliens..........get it..........aliens...........

Never mind.

California.........aliens.............get it?

Come on people!! Somebody has to be mad!

#167 Cleveland Steamer

Cleveland Steamer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

floridians..
Or Kalifornians.

Never mind.

Not mad. Laughing at the pun :)

#168 Cleveland Steamer

Cleveland Steamer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

The engine pinging stuff smells like a cover-up for some spy-sat info and capability, doesn't it? Six days was too long for somebody to be looking for emissions from a plane that went silent, and the airline initially called it BS.
There's a lot of fishy stuff about this. ACARS (engine pinging stuff) is a real system but the timing of the various pieces of info that have come out smells like people are trying to reveal information while attempting to mask the sources.

Take the Chinese photo of debris. The pieces were said to be huge pieces of the fuselage (e.g., 70-ish by 40-ish feet). Planes in water - particularly ones in many pieces - aren't known for hanging around. Generally they have an express ticket to the bottom. So, if that photo was of the plane in question, it would have to have been taken very near to the time of the crash. It seemed really dumb that the Malaysians sent folks to investigate the surface, as though the plane would still be there. Even junk that floats, like seat cushions, would likely have moved on after several days.

The photo quality was a lot worse than even Google Earth and appeared to be blurred down. If the Chinese weren't 100% sure that the plane was in that photo, then they would look like idiots for having published it. Or, perhaps, that was the plan so their enemies wouldn't know their true capabilities, even though they would have revealed that they had photos from near the time of the crash.

And shortly after the Chinese photo is laid out there, the US starts releasing info that they've probably been holding on to for a bit. Wonder if they're trying to discredit the Chinese lol

#169 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

floridians..
Or Kalifornians.

Never mind.

PM Wolfsie. He knows who is MAD

#170 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

There's a lot of fishy stuff about this. ACARS (engine pinging stuff) is a real system but the timing of the various pieces of info that have come out smells like people are trying to reveal information while attempting to mask the sources.

Take the Chinese photo of debris. The pieces were said to be huge pieces of the fuselage (e.g., 70-ish by 40-ish feet). Planes in water - particularly ones in many pieces - aren't known for hanging around. Generally they have an express ticket to the bottom. So, if that photo was of the plane in question, it would have to have been taken very near to the time of the crash. It seemed really dumb that the Malaysians sent folks to investigate the surface, as though the plane would still be there. Even junk that floats, like seat cushions, would likely have moved on after several days.

The photo quality was a lot worse than even Google Earth and appeared to be blurred down. If the Chinese weren't 100% sure that the plane was in that photo, then they would look like idiots for having published it. Or, perhaps, that was the plan so their enemies wouldn't know their true capabilities, even though they would have revealed that they had photos from near the time of the crash.

And shortly after the Chinese photo is laid out there, the US starts releasing info that they've probably been holding on to for a bit. Wonder if they're trying to discredit the Chinese lol

Not really those photos looked like white wash from waves when I saw them. The engine data didn't exist what they have is a record of communication linking pings sent out by the engines connection was never established given the service was not being used by the Airlines. They do however know that the engines were pinging long after the tracking gear was shut down with a 20minute gap between the standard cockpit transponder and the other tracking system on board which does suggest they were intentionally shut down by someone on board.

#171 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

When i see the word Aliens i naturally arseume anyone who is not an Aussie!

#172 sailm8

sailm8

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

Can the thing that was pinging be turned off?  Isn't it sort of weird that someone would be smart enough to shut off the transponder, fly the plane and avoid radar but not turn off the pinger?  If it can be turned off.

#173 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,145 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

Not engine pinging. Return from the actual comm unit on the plane.

You can bet the bank some analyst in the Air Force knows exactly where the plane went. There is no way that info gets out without days of back channel minute leaks, even to our own SAR guys and the Navy.

Can the thing that was pinging be turned off?  Isn't it sort of weird that someone would be smart enough to shut off the transponder, fly the plane and avoid radar but not turn off the pinger?  If it can be turned off.

No.

#174 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,145 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

ACARS (engine pinging stuff)

no.

Seriously, the worst thing about this whole thing next to the probable loss of life is a bunch of idiots going around saying "ACARS" like they know what the fuck it is.

#175 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,150 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:23 AM

I doubt we are withholding knowing where the thing is because of some big secret system protection. Do you guys seriously think we have some spy shit capabilities that the other world powers don't know about? Perhaps not the details of the technology to replicate the capability but the thought they'd have an ah ha moment about our capabilities if we found the plane just doesn't make sense to me. Especially after our friends Manning and Snowden........the whistleblower heros.

#176 albanyguy

albanyguy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

I reckon the Chinese & US govt's have a pretty good idea where that plane went and where it is now, either landed somewhere or crashed.  The misinformation feed is incredible and I think is actually more intriguing than where the plane is. Why all the cloak & daggers stuff? Something big going on behind the scenes here and we may never know the full story. I feel for the families of those onboard the flight though.

#177 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,150 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:33 AM

I reckon the Chinese & US govt's have a pretty good idea where that plane went and where it is now, either landed somewhere or crashed.  The misinformation feed is incredible and I think is actually more intriguing than where the plane is. Why all the cloak & daggers stuff? Something big going on behind the scenes here and we may never know the full story. I feel for the families of those onboard the flight though.

How do you conclude there is cloak and dagger stuff? What evidence (other than the conspiracy lovers) is there that it's anything other than a very big ocean with no overlapping radar/tracking coverage. Why isn't it that the task and search area is so big that we may never find it? I know there are movies that show some super duper look up your skirt capability anywhere in the world by sneaky people sitting in dark rooms with lotsa blinking lights.........but I suspect it's way simpler than that.

#178 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,195 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

Fly spirit outta AC for peanuts
FLL
PBI
TBA

i can get similar deals with Frontier out of trenton. This one's on the company, though, so im flying out of Philly. 

#179 Cleveland Steamer

Cleveland Steamer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:50 AM

How do you conclude there is cloak and dagger stuff? What evidence (other than the conspiracy lovers) is there that it's anything other than a very big ocean with no overlapping radar/tracking coverage. Why isn't it that the task and search area is so big that we may never find it? I know there are movies that show some super duper look up your skirt capability anywhere in the world by sneaky people sitting in dark rooms with lotsa blinking lights.........but I suspect it's way simpler than that.
Why would someone conclude there is cloak and dagger stuff? The simple answer is that it's way too ridiculous to assume the US would be ignorant of that sort of information. And some of the cloak and dagger stuff in the Cold War is still hard to believe. And the technology has only improved since then.

Consider that decades ago the US knew where every Soviet plane and sub was at all times. It used to be joked that the Russians could track their own subs by watching our sub tracking planes. We had better technology than they did (e.g., our subs were quieter), but it's still not chump change to track all that stuff.

Then consider 9/11. Do you suppose the US would have a vested interest in knowing a great deal about every commercial flight and would like to have an awareness of any abnormalities? That plane wasn't exactly flying in the middle of the Pacific several thousand miles from the nearest land. It was right in a mix of places where the US has some serious political, economic, and military interests.

Those are just a few thoughts anyway.

#180 Cleveland Steamer

Cleveland Steamer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:05 AM

Do you guys seriously think we have some spy shit capabilities that the other world powers don't know about? Perhaps not the details of the technology to replicate the capability but the thought they'd have an ah ha moment about our capabilities if we found the plane just doesn't make sense to me. Especially after our friends Manning and Snowden........the whistleblower heros.

You sort of answered your own question. Much of the world probably suspected but didn't know for sure about the NSA's more clandestine activities until Snowden revealed some of them. And knowledge of those capabilities has led people to modify their behavior because they know someone is snooping.

#181 Cleveland Steamer

Cleveland Steamer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:50 AM

As for withholding information....

If someone's job is national defense capabilities and they don't care about anything else (e.g., families suffering from not knowing), then it would actually be smart to withhold information in this case if the plane really did crash into the ocean.

The argument goes like this: if the plane is in the ocean, everyone is already dead. There are no lives to be saved and there's nothing to be gained by revealing some of your technological capabilities just to shorten the search. The final results of the investigation won't be affected if it takes someone else an extra week or two to find the plane.

Of course, if the "amateurs" can't find the plane for long enough, then look for a government to hire a private contractor or some such diversion to find it. Governments like giving info to private contractors and then hiding behind them.

#182 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

BREAKING NEWS

Location of Jet known all along -Passengers being held Hostage

We Will be Storming the location in a Surprise Sortie  tomorrow at 2pm local time

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That what all of you are upset not to hear ??

#183 Big Bob

Big Bob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:34 AM

I think I found it:

http://vietnam.craig...4372477162.html

#184 Chris in Santa Cruz, CA

Chris in Santa Cruz, CA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:49 AM

Long drive back from sfo this afternoon on the 35 to avoid the masses. Experts on public radio spouting the very few facts:

1 - the transponder got turned off.
2 - sometime later another tracking system got turned off.
3 - the plane almost did a 180 in terms of track but was doing odd things directionally.
4 - telemetry of some sort was received from the plane for hours after the tracking systems were turned off.

These experts have essentially ruled out accident as a cause and are firmly on the side of air piracy. They also mentiond that the black boxes can be turned off by just flipping breakers and we may never find out what happened. Anyway, thats what I think I heard on the radio.

#185 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

As soon as I get google translate, I'll know what the voices in my head are telling me-

#186 albanyguy

albanyguy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:31 AM

hehe...that ain't Vietnam. I recognise that apron - PER International.

Seems reports coming out now that continue the theme the flight went NW then south and this info is being drip fed out of the US.

mmm...I wonder what group of atolls that house a US Naval Base are located a bit over 2,000nm from the last confirmed location of this plane and within flying range?

Me thinks the US Navy Command at DG would be very concerned about a rogue airliner flying in their general direction. This is just conjecture but it certainly is looking more and more like the US Military & Govt are playing things VERY close to their chests.

#187 jimbot

jimbot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

#188 bowman81

bowman81

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:Beer, tits, boats, pussy, boats, tits

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

So, now they have confirmed it was deliberately flown off course and transponders were deliberately turned off. 

My question is, why is it possible to switch off transponders or is it a case of having to take a pair of wire cutters to them?

#189 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Just like this forum some wisdom among the gurge... but sadly no tits!

http://avherald.com/...=4710c69b&opt=0

#190 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,879 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

So, now they have confirmed it was deliberately flown off course and transponders were deliberately turned off. 

My question is, why is it possible to switch off transponders or is it a case of having to take a pair of wire cutters to them?

It's called an "OFF" button on the pilots control panel. You're supposed to turn it off on the ground so your beacon doesn't clutter up the ATC radar screens.

The system being tracked was not ACARS either. That also got turned off at some point, although I think that one does require wire cutters or the correct circuit breaker pulled to disable it as it is supposed to running all the time.

What they've seen is a Boeing system that can send data to the Boeing factory via satellites. It's kinda like Onstar, you have to subscribe to it for the full service to work. Malaysian didn't subscribe but the system is still on and sending pings saying "here is am" like a cell phone looking for a tower to connect to. I don't know that they could get any specific data from the ping or use it to triangulate position, but that's what they were getting for those last 4 hours after the transponder and ACARS was turned off. That tells me It definitely didn't crash right away and that there was a deliberate attempt to do something to hide the plane and where it was going. If the cabin just had a sudden decompression, all that stuff would have still been on.

http://news.yahoo.co...-201057656.html

#191 bowman81

bowman81

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:Beer, tits, boats, pussy, boats, tits

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

It's called an "OFF" button on the pilots control panel. You're supposed to turn it off on the ground so your beacon doesn't clutter up the ATC radar screens.

The system being tracked was not ACARS either. That also got turned off at some point, although I think that one does require wire cutters or the correct circuit breaker pulled to disable it as it is supposed to running all the time.

What they've seen is a Boeing system that can send data to the Boeing factory via satellites. It's kinda like Onstar, you have to subscribe to it for the full service to work. Malaysian didn't subscribe but the system is still on and sending pings saying "here is am" like a cell phone looking for a tower to connect to. I don't know that they could get any specific data from the ping or use it to triangulate position, but that's what they were getting for those last 4 hours after the transponder and ACARS was turned off. That tells me It definitely didn't crash right away and that there was a deliberate attempt to do something to hide the plane and where it was going. If the cabin just had a sudden decompression, all that stuff would have still been on.

okay, well that makes sense, I just wasn't sure why something like that could be turned off.  I read somewhere that there is a possibility that the black box could also have been switched off so if they do find the plane they may never know what happened.

It's all getting a little strange and i've got no idea what to believe with all the changes in the story.

I'll just be thinking it over on my flights next week....on Malaysian....

#192 DRIFTW00D

DRIFTW00D

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

Other reports indicate latest satellite ping around 0811 MYT (0011 GMT/UTC/Zulu), or nearly 7 hours after contact was lost.

u1l4UT5.jpg

Nrg800's map from the 15 March statement to media. The last ping recorded by satellite is near the bolded black line, and the red ellipse is roughly the range limit from last radio contact before running out of fuel.

http://www.flyertalk...wiki-first.html

RLqNJki.jpg

"Based on a speed of Mach 0.84 (based off http://www.askcaptai....airliners.html, where would we be without Air Asia?!) and a further minimising of about 30% due to turning and possible less than cruising speed you can make a doughnut of 4,200-6,000km from the last known position, masking this to just the region of the final ping gives you something a bit more specific (albeit completely speculatory) "
Nrg800. (Post 4220)

#193 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,145 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

I doubt we are withholding knowing where the thing is because of some big secret system protection. Do you guys seriously think we have some spy shit capabilities that the other world powers don't know about? Perhaps not the details of the technology to replicate the capability but the thought they'd have an ah ha moment about our capabilities if we found the plane just doesn't make sense to me. Especially after our friends Manning and Snowden........the whistleblower heros.

It's not that simple. Everyone knows basically what everyone has. They have to be careful disseminating the data to make sure it can't be backward engineered though.

The last I heard anyway was China's stuff was on the level of the last KH satellites, which isn't that hot. That could have changed though as it's been awhile since I've been in the loop on that sort of stuff.

#194 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,145 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

^ This.

#195 DRIFTW00D

DRIFTW00D

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

Latest Press Release from MH

MALAYSIA AIR SAYS SIGNAL ANALYSIS LED TO DELAY IN ANNOUNCEMENT
2014-03-15 10:04:10.274 GMT

(The following press release from Malaysia Airlines was received by
e-mail. It was not confirmed by the sender.)

MH370 Incident
Released at 5.55pm/14 Mar 2014
Further to the statement by the Malaysian Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun
Razak earlier today into the ongoing search for Flight MH370, Malaysia Airlines
has shared all available information with the relevant authorities since the
moment we learned that the aircraft had disappeared, in the early hours of
Saturday 8th March. This includes the very first indications that MH370 may
have remained airborne for several hours after contact was lost, which the
Prime Minister referred to today.

This is truly an unprecedented situation, for Malaysia Airlines and for the
entire aviation industry. There has never been a case in which information
gleaned from satellite signals alone could potentially be used to identify the
location of a missing commercial airliner. Given the nature of the situation
and its extreme sensitivity, it was critical that the raw satellite signals
were verified and analysed by the relevant authorities so that their
significance could be properly understood. This naturally took some time,
during which we were unable to publicly confirm their existence.

We were well aware of the ongoing media speculation during this period, and its
effect on the families of those on board. Their anguish and distress increases
with each passing day, with each fresh rumour, and with each false or
misleading media report. Our absolute priority at all times has been to support
the authorities leading the multinational search for MH370, so that we can
finally provide the answers which the families and the wider community are
waiting for.

We remain absolutely committed to sharing confirmed information with family
members and the wider public in a fully open and transparent manner. However
given the nature of the situation, the importance of validating new information
before it is released into the public domain is paramount.

Our thoughts and prayers remain with the families of the 227 passengers and our
12 Malaysia Airlines colleagues and friends on board flight MH370. They will
remain at the centre of every action we take as a company, as they have been
since MH370 first disappeared.

#196 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,150 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

I've got it! Somali pirates!

#197 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,135 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

My thoughts exactly. Either that, or a new way to go visit bin Laden's grave.

#198 DRIFTW00D

DRIFTW00D

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

Fly it into the Southern Indian Ocean an its gone. Years till bits and pieces are maybe found. To make a modern jet liner vanish is quite simply terrifying.

#199 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,879 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

Damn, beat me to it.

#200 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,145 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

Fly it into the Southern Indian Ocean an its gone. Years till bits and pieces are maybe found. To make a modern jet liner vanish is quite simply terrifying.

People tend to overestimate how advanced the technology associated with most commercial airliners is. My old mans Citaton 22 has more advanced avionics than most US carriers widebodies. The airline industrie's current stellar safety record comes from knowledge, routine and regulation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users