Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,951 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

Playoffs?  

Just the 2nd half of the season.

I just double-checked.  More than 50% of the teams make the playoffs.  16 out of 30.

What a crock.

#3 2slow

2slow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

Yeah, but the 16th seed just beat the #1 seed. Gives a little credence to having so many playoff teams.

Budenholzer has to be considered a top 5 coach.

The NBA playoffs are my favorite postseason with the exception of bowl games. Meaningful games almost every night for two months, teams playing defense, playoff bball rocks!

#4 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:03 AM

Yeah, but the 16th seed just beat the #1 seed. Gives a little credence to having so many playoff teams.

The NBA playoffs are my favorite postseason with the exception of bowl games. Meaningful games almost every night for two months, teams playing defense, playoff bball rocks!

Agreed. Part of me would like to see Indiana, Chicago, and Jersey eliminated early, but the Heat plays pretty well against them all (losing all four to the Nets by a razor thin margin), and play like crap against lesser teams.

Nets look tough. Wizards look surprisingly good.

#5 2slow

2slow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

ipeNCGDskKMOK.gifthat is worse than getting chin nuts

#6 2slow

2slow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Agreed. Part of me would like to see Indiana, Chicago, and Jersey eliminated early, but the Heat plays pretty well against them all (losing all four to the Nets by a razor thin margin), and play like crap against lesser teams.

How bout Nene, he pushed around my favorite center all night.  Noah got punked.

I think the Bullets will be playing Miami in the ECF.  

#7 echo

echo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Interests:sailing, cycling and watching my kids grow

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

So you're saying the BoobCats don't have a chance ?  

#8 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

I wouldn't count the Nets out just yet.  

#9 2slow

2slow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

I think the Nets playoff chances are dependent on how much KG has left in the tank. If anyone in the east takes Miami to 7 I would be shocked

#10 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

Spurs looked at little weak in the first game. I expect Pop to tighten that up a bit. Not sure if they can make it back to finals, but GO SPURS regardless

#11 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

I think the Nets playoff chances are dependent on how much KG has left in the tank. If anyone in the east takes Miami to 7 I would be shocked

Lots of "old" legs in the big picture...Dwayne Wade's as well.  I don't believe that crap about him being out for the last month of the season, until the last week, because of a hamstring.  I would have said at the beginning of the season that he'd be sitting for a long stretch before the playoffs.  In the event that he really does have leg trouble, the Heat could struggle.  LeBron can only do so much.  Last year, they had four regulars hitting over 40% from outside the arc.  This year, Chalmers leads at 39%.  Those shooters are gonna have to find their range, or LeBron is going to find the paint packed.  

They miss Mike Miller, who's with Memphis now.  What a game that was last night.  Fun stuff.  Durant's four point play was one for the ages.  

#12 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

Saw the last 6 minutes and OT of that.  Miller sunk another big one. 

#13 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

Another great OT game in Chicago.  Holy Cow!  When was the last time the Wizards took two in a row on the road in the playoffs?  They look tough.  

#14 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

Another great OT game in Chicago.  Holy Cow!  When was the last time the Wizards took two in a row on the road in the playoffs?  They look tough.

Noah has to take the shoving of two much bigger guys and the lions share of the work at both ends. He's doing magnificently but needs help. Just looked up Loul Deng. Looks like Chicago traded him to Cleveland. Must have pissed somebody off pretty bad. Maybe he asked to be paid or something. Anyway, they sure could've used his scoring ability right now.

#15 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

Noah has to take the shoving of two much bigger guys and the lions share of the work at both ends. He's doing magnificently but needs help. Just looked up Loul Deng. Looks like Chicago traded him to Cleveland. Must have pissed somebody off pretty bad. Maybe he asked to be paid or something. Anyway, they sure could've used his scoring ability right now.

They just don't have any scoring machine, with Rosé out. They labor for every point. The announcers mentioned that last night. I watched it on TNT Overtime, streaming. The four views within one screen focuses a camera on two stars at all times. Last night one camera was on Noah at all times. He's a great player who plays with amazing effort...but he's a common mugger as well.

#16 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

NTTAWWT...

Speaking of which, Perkins will be spending his six on Zach Randolph tonight. Ref's let the big boys play last game.

#17 Fluffy

Fluffy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

How many of you guys down south realized we actually had a real basketball team in Toronto?

It seems like all the US broadcasters are seeing them play for the first time.  No love for us up North but a lot of hate for our GM these days.

I'm realistic about our chances but would love to see them win a series, then make some noise in the second round just to hear american broadcasters talk about them.

#18 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:15 AM

If McRoberts had done that to a Charles Oakley or a Bill Laimbeer, he might still be in the re-entry phase of his flight.

#19 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

If McRoberts had done that to a Charles Oakley or a Bill Laimbeer, he might still be in the re-entry phase of his flight.

Lots of series left.  I expect the response to come from the Birdman.  Not sure why, just a hunch.  

#20 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:45 AM

Lots of series left.  I expect the response to come from the Birdman.  Not sure why, just a hunch.

McRoberts made the 10 dirtiest list with an elbow to LBJ's throat in 2012 too.

http://bleacherrepor...-the-nba/page/4

#21 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

It'll be interesting to see if he gets to sit out for a game.  That would force Charlotte into a small ball rotation...not that it will matter.  With Jefferson hurt, they cannot keep up.  Last night felt like a last-gasp.  

#22 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

It'll be interesting to see if he gets to sit out for a game.  That would force Charlotte into a small ball rotation...not that it will matter.  With Jefferson hurt, they cannot keep up.  Last night felt like a last-gasp.  

Upgraded to a flagrant-2, with a $20k fine tacked on for shits and giggles, but no suspension.  

#23 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:57 AM

It would seem that the Heat have chosen to say FU to McRoberts on the scoreboard. That, and LeBron pointing to him to credit him with the assist after stealing the ball from him and doing a breakaway slam. That was fun.

#24 sunseeker

sunseeker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:50 AM

And then there's Sterling. What a douche.

#25 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:49 AM

It would seem that the Heat have chosen to say FU to McRoberts on the scoreboard. That, and LeBron pointing to him to credit him with the assist after stealing the ball from him and doing a breakaway slam. That was fun.

And the Birdman picks up the Technical, fouling McRoberts in the second quarter.  

#26 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:49 AM

In a way that's the worst insult of them all....except the nuclear wedgie, I guess. 

#27 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

In a way that's the worst insult of them all....except the nuclear wedgie, I guess. 

I missed the best part of that play, but the cameras didn't.  As LeBron went up for the jam, he wasn't looking at the rim.  He was staring down Michael Jordan, who was sitting at the end of the Charlotte bench.  After all, who do you think has made McRoberts the enforcer?  The play:

LeMJ.gif

LeBron denies it.  

How about Vince Carter's game winner in Dallas?  What a shot.  

#28 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

I believe him. Hardly anybody besides his ex-wife and Bobcat season ticket holders hates Michael.  Looks to me like he's looking towards the other end of the bench and not deep in the corner where Mike was sitting.  LBJ caught a nearly identical elbow to the throat from that guy when he was wearing a different uniform two years ago.  I'd put my money on "masochist". 

It was. That series just got interesting. Be a shocker. 

#29 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

I believe him. Hardly anybody besides his ex-wife and Bobcat season ticket holders hates Michael.  Looks to me like he's looking towards the other end of the bench and not deep in the corner where Mike was sitting.  LBJ caught a nearly identical elbow to the throat from that guy when he was wearing a different uniform two years ago.  I'd put my money on "masochist". 

I think we'll see the Spurs wake up angry and win three straight, but I'd love to be wrong on that.  What an odd first round.  Lots of 2-2 series, and I definitely did not expect to see Portland and Washington up 3-1.  

Will the Clippers win again this year?  I don't think that even Doc Rivers can motivate those guys to do anything but show up.  

I still think that the east gets decided in the next round, between the Heat and the Nets.  

Edit:  If you prefer to watch the playoffs in bracket format, as I do, there is a cool bracket here:

http://www.nbaplayof.../2014/index.php

#30 IrieMon

IrieMon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

You stay classy DC....

perfect-timing-timed-sports-11.jpg?w=762

#31 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

You stay classy DC....

perfect-timing-timed-sports-11.jpg?w=762

That's from a Heat game last year.  

http://www.dailymail...tball-star.html

#32 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

I think we'll see the Spurs wake up angry and win three straight, but I'd love to be wrong on that.  What an odd first round.  Lots of 2-2 series, and I definitely did not expect to see Portland and Washington up 3-1.  

Will the Clippers win again this year?  I don't think that even Doc Rivers can motivate those guys to do anything but show up.  

I still think that the east gets decided in the next round, between the Heat and the Nets.  

Edit:  If you prefer to watch the playoffs in bracket format, as I do, there is a cool bracket here:

http://www.nbaplayof.../2014/index.php

I think the Clips will be alright. Doc did a hell of a job with them this year. Griffin clearly dedicated himself to playing defense and isn't nearly the black hole on offense he once was. Jordan is on the right track. The whole team doesn't thump their chests when they win and blame the coach when they lose now. I'd say that team is about 85% de-knuckleheaded, which was no mean feat.

On the upswing and having much more fun than they used to have, they aren't looking for an excuse to lose, so I'd bet (if I had to) on them winning this series. Just ran into a buzz saw last night. 

#33 IrieMon

IrieMon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

Argh.... F-ing BleacherReport.com.

Thanks, my sincere apologies to DC.... well, not really B)

#34 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:16 AM

Argh.... F-ing BleacherReport.com.

Thanks, my sincere apologies to DC.... well, not really B)

I remember that picture, because I thought the exact same thing about Miami.  Keeping it classy, Miami style.  

#35 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

Twitter's best reactions to Donald Sterling's comments.    

A highlight.  

BmKhedgIQAAZyXK.jpg

#36 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

And of course, Jon Stewart...

http://thedailyshow....-amazing-racism

#37 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

#38 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

Never seen a team with worse body language in the playoffs. I wonder if Hibbert burned himself out. He's not really all that athletic, just huge. He became the monster he was last year with an incredible work schedule. Hit "The Wall", physical or mental. Can't go from the very best to the very worst in three months without an injury any other way I can think of. Multiple no-points no-rebounds & six fouls playoff games?

#39 dreaded

dreaded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

Never seen a team with worse body language in the playoffs. I wonder if Hibbert burned himself out. He's not really all that athletic, just huge. He became the monster he was last year with an incredible work schedule. Hit "The Wall", physical or mental. Can't go from the very best to the very worst in three months without an injury any other way I can think of. Multiple no-points no-rebounds & six fouls playoff games?

msnmknmexggafrbpwfn9.png

#40 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

I think he is a mummy.  They only wake him up for the Heat.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure that either the Pacers or the Heat will see the conference finals this year.  

#41 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

I think he is a mummy.  They only wake him up for the Heat.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure that either the Pacers or the Heat will see the conference finals this year.  

I know the Nets swept them this year, but to my eye the Heat are capable of playing so much faster than the Nets I would not be the least bit surprised by a sweep. Who do the Nets have who can handle Rio, Coleman, and that other Rocket J Squirrel guy they picked up whose name escapes me?  D Wade too. I don't think Darrin Williams can stay in front of any of them for long. Yeah, they have a couple good bigs, but they haven't been dangerous-scoring bigs.  Have to see them share the same court in a game that counts, I guess. 

Washington might give them a lot of trouble though. Wall is on fire.

#42 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

I know the Nets swept them this year, but to my eye the Heat are capable of playing so much faster than the Nets I would not be the least bit surprised by a sweep. Who do the Nets have who can handle Rio, Coleman, and that other Rocket J Squirrel guy they picked up whose name escapes me?  D Wade too. I don't think Darrin Williams can stay in front of any of them for long. Yeah, they have a couple good bigs, but they haven't been dangerous-scoring bigs.  Have to see them share the same court in a game that counts, I guess. 

Washington might give them a lot of trouble though. Wall is on fire.

I had the feeling that the Heat were playing possum a good bit, during the regular season.  The Charlotte series did nothing to dispel that, but it was not much of a test.  We'll see tonight.  

The Wizards are playing phenomenal ball, with great play from the big boys too.  The way Hibbard is playing, the Heat would probably rather get the Pacers, iif they can get past the Nets.  

#43 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:27 AM

That was a bit unexpected.  Interesting lineup tonight, given how well Haslem played in round 1, and how little Battier has played all year.  Nets looked a bit jet lagged.  The old guys got the fourth quarter off; I expect them to show up at full strength on Thurs.  Heat looked better than I expected tonight.  They have not had a great year.  

#44 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:01 AM

They played well but ran into Miami's best game tonight. In sync and in sync with fresh legs.  Fun to watch. 

#45 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:37 AM

They played well but ran into Miami's best game tonight. In sync and in sync with fresh legs.  Fun to watch. 

Dem fellas looking a bit long in the tooth as the game wears on, and the Heat keep plugging along.  The Heat had a couple of double days off between games in the first round, which the Nets look like they could use in this round...but won't get.    It will be interesting to see how it plays out on the road.

#46 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:17 AM

Did a heck of a lot better job of keeping Miami from getting layups. Was competitive for awhile there.

Miami looks unbeatable.  

#47 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:55 AM

Lots of games left to be played.  They've played the last four pretty well.  I saw glimpses during the regular season that made me think they had it together, but were laying down a bit, to stay out of the spotlight.  I think it was an OKC game, where they opened up the first quarter on all cylinders, and had a huge lead at the end of one quarter, and then it was if they turned a light switch off, and got blown out.  I could have told you at the beginning of the season that D-Wade would have some kind of injury for the last month or two of the season.  I think they were taking it easy during the season.  

What's with KG?  0 in game 1, 4 tonight?  

#48 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:29 AM

Lots of games left to be played.  They've played the last four pretty well.  I saw glimpses during the regular season that made me think they had it together, but were laying down a bit, to stay out of the spotlight.  I think it was an OKC game, where they opened up the first quarter on all cylinders, and had a huge lead at the end of one quarter, and then it was if they turned a light switch off, and got blown out.  I could have told you at the beginning of the season that D-Wade would have some kind of injury for the last month or two of the season.  I think they were taking it easy during the season.  

He's off offensively. They aren't really looking for him on that end of the floor.  Still setting good screens and playing cagy D though.  The one good thing they have to think about is being close in a game that had a Darron Williams sucking dog balls. 

The one guy that really stood out to me was Chalmers.  Had a hell of a game but nearly all of it in the places that don't show up in the stats. Most improved player on the team.  I would guess he hasn't been yelled at nearly as much this year. Says a lot about the guy, that he could take that public abuse for so long and never do anything but keep working to get better.  Has to split time with other people now too. 

Correction: It shows up in the +/- stat. +17 with him in the game tonight. 

http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=400556275

#49 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

He's off offensively. They aren't really looking for him on that end of the floor.  Still setting good screens and playing cagy D though.  The one good thing they have to think about is being close in a game that had a Darron Williams sucking dog balls. 

The one guy that really stood out to me was Chalmers.  Had a hell of a game but nearly all of it in the places that don't show up in the stats. Most improved player on the team.  I would guess he hasn't been yelled at nearly as much this year. Says a lot about the guy, that he could take that public abuse for so long and never do anything but keep working to get better.  Has to split time with other people now too. 

Correction: It shows up in the +/- stat. +17 with him in the game tonight. 

http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=400556275

Chalmers has really grown up.  I think he is a free agent after the season, so it will be interesting to see what they do with him, especially if LeBron opts out.  

They have a ton of guys contributing again.  They had two bench players at +14 last night, Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen, who came up huge with the offensive rebound that got the marathon keep away session going at the end of the game, which pretty much put it out of reach. Ray is just amazing.

It completely depends on the matchups, with Haslem being a non-factor so far in the second round, after being clutch in the first.  That intensity and 15' left side of the key jumper is always ready to go.  No sign of Oden yet, but I'm guessing we will only see him against Hibbard.  He was quoted today as acknowledging that he was a draft bust.  He still has some fight in him, if only to get back to the league.  

#50 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

what a difference a couple of days makes.  Just like that, the Pacers are in the driver's seat and the Heat are feeling the pressure.  Lets see if the Nets can keep hitting those bombs tonight.

#51 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

The OKC/LA series has been stunning. So much raw talent on the floor it's scary. Freaks of nature abound. Griffin, Durant, Paul, Westbrook...

Rivers did something very smart in the last game, put the 6'-nothing Chris Paul on Durant in the fourth. I swear I am not making this up. If Durant wanted to dribble he had to keep his back to the basket.  Oh, they will create low post-up plays for Durant for the next one, but in this one they didn't have time to react. Stole a game.  The human who can bother his perimeter shot has probably never been born, so why use a big? Took away his ability to drive completely, and that freed the defense to prevent him from passing to any of their few other scoring options. 

The Nets have had their day, I think.  

#52 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:56 AM

The OKC/LA series has been stunning. So much raw talent on the floor it's scary. Freaks of nature abound. Griffin, Durant, Paul, Westbrook...

Rivers did something very smart in the last game, put the 6'-nothing Chris Paul on Durant in the fourth. I swear I am not making this up. If Durant wanted to dribble he had to keep his back to the basket.  Oh, they will create low post-up plays for Durant for the next one, but in this one they didn't have time to react. Stole a game.  The human who can bother his perimeter shot has probably never been born, so why use a big? Took away his ability to drive completely, and that freed the defense to prevent him from passing to any of their few other scoring options. 

They put up a great game tonight.  Pierce wanted to be on LeBron, and he definitely brought out the thug to do so, but LeBron was amazing.  Keep in mind that after "The Decision" I was not happy, and was certain that he was a born loser, destined to hide in the big games.  I've never been happier about being so wrong.  What an amazing player.  Playoff ball is so much fun to watch.  

Nets will be tired after that.  A Nets win on Wed. would be a shocker.  

#53 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:13 AM

It was really telling the way they started passing the ball at crunch time. All his teammates were cold because they hadn't been shooting the whole game, but they got Bosh going for the last shots. Kept feeding him and letting him find his stroke...in a tight game, at crunch time, and on the road.

They are mentally ready, anyway. Tougher than a Chinese crossword puzzle. 

Btw, in the second quarter LBJ walked over and chatted up Beyonce. Watch Jay Z's face while that was going on and when LaBron walked away.  Priceless. 

#54 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:48 AM

It was really telling the way they started passing the ball at crunch time. All his teammates were cold because they hadn't been shooting the whole game, but they got Bosh going for the last shots. Kept feeding him and letting him find his stroke...in a tight game, at crunch time, and on the road.

They are mentally ready, anyway. Tougher than a Chinese crossword puzzle. 

Btw, in the second quarter LBJ walked over and chatted up Beyonce. Watch Jay Z's face while that was going on and when LaBron walked away.  Priceless. 

I didn't see that because I was watching the TNT stream for this game.  No fun stuff, just the on court business....  I thought that this would be the key series of the playoffs, but it's starting to look like the Pacers are putting it together a bit.  

#55 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

now that the playoffs are here, Chris Joseph can get back to what he does best...write about the Heat.

http://blogs.broward.../heat_draft.php

Once again, LeBron James proves that he is the six-foot-eight, 250-pound embodiment of God's wrath. Before Game 4 tipped off, the Nets' Paul Pierce demanded from his coach that he, "The Truth," guard LeBron because he knows James' tendencies better than anyone on Brooklyn. He spoke about approaching the Heat with no fear and said they were beatable.

And then the actual game started.

And as Pierce continued to talk directly from his ass-crack, LeBron came out and flexed his seething, unbridled awesomeness by dropping 49 points on Brooklyn and rendering Pierce and the Nets a heaping pile of useless.

Pierce never struck me as a punk, but he played like one last night.  Must be the new locale.  

Bosh attempted six three-pointers, of which only two connected, while the other four seemed rushed and forced, like somebody threw a dead frog at him and he threw it up into the air in disgust.

But the one that dropped at the end, of course, mattered.

#56 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

Ahem...

There are more games going on than just the damned Heat. Figured since the Spurs had their ass handed to them on yesterday it would be a good time to drop by. I HOPE this one doesn't go more than 5 but who knows?

So which team has won over 50 games for 15 years  in a row? Oh yeah. That's not the Heat.

#57 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

now that the playoffs are here, Chris Joseph can get back to what he does best...write about the Heat.

http://blogs.broward.../heat_draft.php

Once again, LeBron James proves that he is the six-foot-eight, 250-pound embodiment of God's wrath. Before Game 4 tipped off, the Nets' Paul Pierce demanded from his coach that he, "The Truth," guard LeBron because he knows James' tendencies better than anyone on Brooklyn. He spoke about approaching the Heat with no fear and said they were beatable.

And then the actual game started.

And as Pierce continued to talk directly from his ass-crack, LeBron came out and flexed his seething, unbridled awesomeness by dropping 49 points on Brooklyn and rendering Pierce and the Nets a heaping pile of useless.

Pierce never struck me as a punk, but he played like one last night.  Must be the new locale.  

>>

Bosh attempted six three-pointers, of which only two connected, while the other four seemed rushed and forced, like somebody threw a dead frog at him and he threw it up into the air in disgust.

But the one that dropped at the end, of course, mattered.

Great as always, but he got this wrong: 

LeBron did that thing where he outthinks everyone else on the court and found Chris Bosh with a gorgeous pass as Bosh proceeded to drain the dagger three.

My recollection was LB passed it back out to a wide open Chalmers on the upper right and Chalmers instantly passed it to the wide open Bosh in the right corner. The Nets were having something of a team meeting around LB in the paint at the time.

I was thinking when I saw it go out Chalmers would take that shot for sure, he was as wide open as a qualuded Courtney Love, and he's good at that clutch shot stuff, but nope, he gave it to the guy who had been attempting 3's recently. Very mature. 

#58 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

The playoffs are not helping my sleep habits....  Awesome games, night-in, night-out.  Looks like the Clips got robbed last night.  Lets see if we have anyone in either conference finals after tonight.  I'd say the Spurs are a lock.  I expect the Nets to open with fury and bluster, it's a matter of whether they can maintain that level of intensity, and whether the Heat can bounce back.  

#59 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

I thought that was a good "replay" call, actually. Can't tell if it last touched the hacker's finger or not because they didn't have an angle that was conclusive, and even if it didn't, that was a foul. Rivers whine about a bad call costing him the game on that misses the part which was indisputably a bad call.  Can't blame him for being pissed though. 

Chalmers aced the +/- stat again.  

#60 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:15 AM

I thought that was a good "replay" call, actually. Can't tell if it last touched the hacker's finger or not because they didn't have an angle that was conclusive, and even if it didn't, that was a foul. Rivers whine about a bad call costing him the game on that misses the part which was indisputably a bad call.  Can't blame him for being pissed though. 

Chalmers aced the +/- stat again.  

Interesting that last year's Finals teams are the first ones into the Conference finals.  The Nets put up quite a fight, but looked tired at the end.  Some of those shots don't want to fall without that little bit of spring left in the step.  Always nice to see folks from Brooklyn visiting South Florida...and heading home afterward.   

#61 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Would have been fun to have that one go another couple games. Joe was having as much luck with LaBron as anyone has ever had for awhile there. Amazing.

#62 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

I suspect that both the Heat and the Spurs are quite happy to be done with round two.  Looking forward to seeing whether the Heat can find a way to match up with Hibbard.  Haslem did a pretty good job of it the last time they played, but that was just one game.  

#63 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:33 AM

Hibbert's foot work and base are just plain terrible, he's losing all the pushing contests with Gortat. Wasn't like that last year. It's nearly a perfect right/wrong study to watch those guy's feet.

#64 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

I expect the Western Conference Finals to produce some exciting basketball. Glad my Spurs are getting a day or two off. Sure would have liked to see the Thunder taken to 7 games. I'd love to see the winner take the Heat, but damn those bastards look strong.

#65 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

Hibbert's foot work and base are just plain terrible, he's losing all the pushing contests with Gortat. Wasn't like that last year. It's nearly a perfect right/wrong study to watch those guy's feet.

I wrote that after the first quarter. For much of the rest of the game he was OK, not great, but OK. Could have played the first quarter with a 2-foot string between his ankles and never noticed it though. 

#66 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

Ibaka out for remainder of playoffs.  Ouch.

#67 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

No more I-BLOCKA!! ? I guess the silver lining is there aren't anymore Blake Griffin's in front of them.     

#68 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

Well that was a great start.

not.

http://blogs.broward...ke_first_bl.php

#69 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

Hibbert played like he actually wanted to play basketball too. Something about the Heat seems to do that to him.  

#70 dreaded

dreaded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

so lottery pickings tonight...  so what are the odds , that  Knicks, Lakers, or Celtics come out on top?

#71 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

so lottery pickings tonight...  so what are the odds , that  Knicks, Lakers, or Celtics come out on top?

Not good.

#72 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:04 PM

Not good.

What the hell does the NbA have to do to get one of the marquee teams into the top spot, when they are almost all having a down year?  

#73 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

Sol Rosenberg, on 21 May 2014 - 08:11, said:

Mark K, on 20 May 2014 - 20:43, said:

dreaded, on 20 May 2014 - 17:19, said:
so lottery pickings tonight... so what are the odds , that Knicks, Lakers, or Celtics come out on top?

Not good.

What the hell does the NbA have to do to get one of the marquee teams into the top spot, when they are almost all having a down year?

Get the top free agents to go there, it's doable. The draft has been marginalized. Yeah, Cleveland had LBJ for his rookie contract, but at the end of the day hey are still living in Cleveland...

#74 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

If you are one of those people who profess to like basketball as a team sport instead of a platform for dominating individuals will enjoy this video. If you think the LeBrawn era is what basketball is all about you won't.

https://www.youtube....h?v=-6NbJMq-QfU

Go Spurs Go!!

(Check out the move at 5:24 - utterly classic)

#75 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

If you are one of those people who profess to like basketball as a team sport instead of a platform for dominating individuals will enjoy this video. If you think the LeBrawn era is what basketball is all about you won't.

https://www.youtube....h?v=-6NbJMq-QfU

Go Spurs Go!!

(Check out the move at 5:24 - utterly classic)

My heart broke when they ran those Collison-inspired low post iso's for Duncan. It really did...

http://blogs.broward...yane_wade_u.php

#76 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

Hebacka.

#77 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

They put up a great game tonight.  Pierce wanted to be on LeBron, and he definitely brought out the thug to do so, but LeBron was amazing.  Keep in mind that after "The Decision" I was not happy, and was certain that he was a born loser, destined to hide in the big games.  I've never been happier about being so wrong.  What an amazing player.  Playoff ball is so much fun to watch.  

I was wrong about him in a way too. Always thought he was a good kid, but a little dumb. Thought the best one on one player on the planet was screwing up the "big three" plan by wanting to be Magic Johnson. Just get that guy a point guard and an enforcer and be done with it was my opinion. It's like letting Eddie Van Halen play drums because he "feels like it". 

Nope. It cost them that first year title, but it has paid off big, even huge.       

#78 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

I was wrong about him in a way too. Always thought he was a good kid, but a little dumb. Thought the best one on one player on the planet was screwing up the "big three" plan by wanting to be Magic Johnson. Just get that guy a point guard and an enforcer and be done with it was my opinion. It's like letting Eddie Van Halen play drums because he "feels like it". 

Nope. It cost them that first year title, but it has paid off big, even huge.       

Imagine what they could have done if they had a team, eh?  This one on five stuff has to wear him out.  

#79 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

Anderson out tonight, and Rashard Lewis starting in place of Haslem.  Interesting night ahead....

#80 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

Anderson out tonight, and Rashard Lewis starting in place of Haslem.  Interesting night ahead....

They seem to have decided that if you front and frustrate Hibbert early he quits, but more importantly, they quit on him. Probably picked Lewis because he's quicker, who cares if he gets in foul trouble, so freer to be a slap-happy PITA. Didn't even have to be that though. Larry must be a sight to behold. 

#81 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

They seem to have decided that if you front and frustrate Hibbert early he quits, but more importantly, they quit on him. Probably picked Lewis because he's quicker, who cares if he gets in foul trouble, so freer to be a slap-happy PITA. Didn't even have to be that though. Larry must be a sight to behold. 

Nice to see Bosh wake up for a bit, as well as that frenzied defense.  That part of me that thinks the Heat was playing possum a bit during the regular season is getting louder with each game.  If only they were more than just the one guy, they could be a really special team, instead of a one man show, one win away from his fourth consecutive Finals.  I expect to see a different Pacers team tomorrow night.  If not, I expect to see the sword of Bird swinging shortly thereafter.  

#82 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

One record down....

#83 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

One record down....

They will all fall if he lasts long as Michael did. He's significantly heavier, that may not be in the cards.  

#84 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

One record down....

They will all fall if he lasts long as Michael did. He's significantly heavier, that may not be in the cards.  

The one man machine that he was in Cleveland did not impress me (though he did have more assists per game there, barely), but I am sure glad to have the team player he has become on one of my favorite teams.  

#85 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:29 AM

One record down....

The one man machine that he was in Cleveland did not impress me (though he did have more assists per game there, barely), but I am sure glad to have the team player he has become on one of my favorite teams.

I think he always wanted to be a team player but didn't know how to work it at this level. Took some time. Jordan's first years were similar, and he had the benefit of an elite college program.

#86 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:56 AM

I'm going to predict Vogel is gone after this. 

Hibbert is like finicky and temperamental old D11 Cat bulldozer. When that bad boy is rolling, for whatever reason..phase of the moon...you really don't give a shit, you don't shut him off. You keep that thing going, you wear it out.

Here he was early, wanting to play basketball (for a change), looking like last year, and what do you do? You sit him for a long time and then put him in the game alongside Scola...who gets all the plays... 

#87 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:19 AM

What a bag of crap. At least game six is in Miami, where folks can show Stevenson and West the damage that real thugs can do to poseurs. The league won't call for LeBron to sit two games in a row.

#88 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:44 AM

What a bag of crap. At least game six is in Miami, where folks can show Stevenson and West the damage that real thugs can do to poseurs. The league won't call for LeBron to sit two games in a row.

Has Joey worked a game in this series yet? I think he's due for an appearance...

#89 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:06 AM

Has Joey worked a game in this series yet? I think he's due for an appearance...

I think he did game 4.  By now, the Heat know that they can't keep it close with that chrome dome around.  I thought they would get it done tonight, right up until the silly decision to pass on the 2 and go for the win at the end.  Bosh wasn't hot, Lewis was.  LeBron could have sent it to overtime easily.  On the other hand, whenever he got within five feet of the ball tonight he drew a whistle, so maybe it was the right play.  Glad game 6 is in Miami.  

#90 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

I think he did game 4.  By now, the Heat know that they can't keep it close with that chrome dome around.  I thought they would get it done tonight, right up until the silly decision to pass on the 2 and go for the win at the end.  Bosh wasn't hot, Lewis was.  LeBron could have sent it to overtime easily.  On the other hand, whenever he got within five feet of the ball tonight he drew a whistle, so maybe it was the right play.  Glad game 6 is in Miami.  

Joey's problem, IMO, is he apparently gets what most of us would call sexual pleasure from blowing the whistle on the home team in crunch times and getting booed (NTTAWWT), but this last game makes me wonder about the NBA manipulating the series. Never seen anything like the calls LBJ got last night, not on a superstar, and especially one with an impeccable record of clean play. 

Perhaps the NBA office isn't doing this, except tangentially. Are they paying the refs per game and are they trying to get more games? I really don't know. 

#91 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:26 PM

...Never seen anything like the calls LBJ got last night, not on a superstar, and especially one with an impeccable record of clean play. 

Perhaps the NBA office isn't doing this, except tangentially. Are they paying the refs per game and are they trying to get more games? I really don't know. 

I wondered about that too last night. If series aren't being extended by refs in order that refs get more work. I am not sure how the pay works. It would make sense to have a pool of refs available for a series and then pay them the same rate no matter how many games are played.

It seems to me that series have been extended by bad calls but generally the better team wins. For the most part questionable ref work extends series but doesn't decide them. Which leads me to think refs are carving out a larger piece of the pie for themselves while trying not to change the series outcome. I don't see the NBA trying to stop this as the league benefits from extra games. And no one is going to say that an extended series has cost a team the next series even when it is has likely happened. A team coming off only a day or two days rest after a bruising series has a serious disadvantage against a rested team.

#92 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

I expect the Heat and LeBron to be so pissed off tomorrow night, that the refs won't be able to sway the outcome of the game. Afterwards, I expect LeBron to offer Stephenson something else to blow.  Alonzo Mourning needs to tell Greg Oden or one of the other bench warmers that if that cocksucker ever sticks his head into a huddle again, they are to forcibly remove it, and throw the body 8 rows deep into the stands.  

I have resisted the urge to read Donoghy's book, because I love watching NBA hoops and fear it would sour me on the game, but after last night's game, I think I should read it.  I have never seen anything like that, though it is interesting that even with LeBron declared inactive by the refs, and a career game by the guy with two first names, the Heat still had a chance to win.  

#93 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Sol Rosenberg, on 29 May 2014 - 13:12, said:
I expect the Heat and LeBron to be so pissed off tomorrow night, that the refs won't be able to sway the outcome of the game. Afterwards, I expect LeBron to offer Stephenson something else to blow. Alonzo Mourning needs to tell Greg Oden or one of the other bench warmers that if that cocksucker ever sticks his head into a huddle again, they are to forcibly remove it, and throw the body 8 rows deep into the stands.

I have resisted the urge to read Donoghy's book, because I love watching NBA hoops and fear it would sour me on the game, but after last night's game, I think I should read it. I have never seen anything like that, though it is interesting that even with LeBron declared inactive by the refs, and a career game by the guy with two first names, the Heat still had a chance to win.

Behavior that indicates the team has mentally thrown in the towel. They have come to believe they are outclassed, and the kid is trying to scavenge some fun out of the situation. Gotta hunch Larry isn't laughing though.

Doc Rivers could fix it, but he has a job. Mark Jackson did a heck of a job in GS. I'd give him a shot.

#94 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

Sol Rosenberg, on 29 May 2014 - 13:12, said:
I expect the Heat and LeBron to be so pissed off tomorrow night, that the refs won't be able to sway the outcome of the game. Afterwards, I expect LeBron to offer Stephenson something else to blow. Alonzo Mourning needs to tell Greg Oden or one of the other bench warmers that if that cocksucker ever sticks his head into a huddle again, they are to forcibly remove it, and throw the body 8 rows deep into the stands.

I have resisted the urge to read Donoghy's book, because I love watching NBA hoops and fear it would sour me on the game, but after last night's game, I think I should read it. I have never seen anything like that, though it is interesting that even with LeBron declared inactive by the refs, and a career game by the guy with two first names, the Heat still had a chance to win.

Behavior that indicates the team has mentally thrown in the towel. They have come to believe they are outclassed, and the kid is trying to scavenge some fun out of the situation. Gotta hunch Larry isn't laughing though.

Doc Rivers could fix it, but he has a job. Mark Jackson did a heck of a job in GS. I'd give him a shot.

Indiana is just a couple of wins from the Finals, so they are not outclassed by that much.  I'm not sure what to think of Larry's product here.  Thuggery is a good way to get a team on the map, but to win the title, the team must move beyond that.  There are exceptions, like the Pistons, who made enough of an art form of it to win championships.  But Indiana is already on the map, which is why I am surprised to see it.  If they don't beat the Heat, I do expect to see a change on the bench.  Jackson would be good, but I would bet that we'd see Larry go after one of "his" guys, and try to pry Brian Shaw out of Denver.  

Long way to go still, before that talk is relevant....

#95 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

Stephenson not going down without using every dirty trick in the book, even after Bird told him to knock it off. A true NY thug.

#96 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:42 AM

The 30 point spread is bringing out the thug in Hibbert too. Pacers showing their class.

#97 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

Geez. The Hear sign Oden to play Hibbard, and now that Oden is in, Hibbard is done. Bummer.

#98 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:10 AM

The 30 point spread is bringing out the thug in Hibbert too. Pacers showing their class.

Sorry, but there was no reason to have Wade and LBJ in there running up the score during garbage time. Those guys must have played 15-20 minutes after the first quarter.  

#99 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

Sorry, but there was no reason to have Wade and LBJ in there running up the score during garbage time. Those guys must have played 15-20 minutes after the first quarter.  

Sure there was.  Lance Stephenson.  The team was irate, they just kept it off camera, for the most part. 

http://www.sun-senti...0,7305260.story

#100 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,733 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

All I can say about the Pacers is...

You're not blow-ing!

62.jpg

All I can say about that series is that never in a million years would I have thought that Greg Oden would have made it to the Finals before the Pacers, yet here he is with the conference trophy.

10155756_10151989895481887_1252396847067

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users