Anarchists, let's talk about ... the galley. What are the top two or three things -slash- modifications you can't live without in the galley?
I'm full time liveaboard now on my small Ericson and I have to start from scratch. Important to me is to have a galley that is not dependent on shore power nor lots of battery juice. Most important is that it's laid out to work the same while underway as it does at the dock.
With that said, a few things I'm currently working on are ...
* converting old princess alcohol stove to kerosene by retrofitting new burners. these are hard to find, but I feel like it'll be worth it.
* ice box mods: insulate the box externally so block ice and / or dry ice last longer. Find some kind of non-rusting rack to make better use of the space ... any ideas?
* stackable, non plastic food containers for leftovers and common items like deli meat. is there something out there that's impact resistant and isn't plastic? I can't stand plastic, especially ziplock bags.
* gimballed 1 burner stove for soup 'n coffee while underway.
* leather sleeve for a single 10" chef's knife. keep 1 paring knife in drawer and ditch the rest.
What have you found useful? I really like CA's tendency for longer threads that meander all over the place. Galley porn in photos or anything else related encouraged.