#1 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

2uj352f.png

I've been well ahead of the curve on this one...

Oh and here is a second opinion...  Reuter's Obama approval 37%

10dcqw6.png

#2 tuk tuk joe

tuk tuk joe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

He most certainly could be the “worst" if not for GWB, Nixon, LBJ.. etc. etc. etc... So far he’s most certainly not the worst in history at least in terms of American war dead - Lincoln was the by far worst in that category....:( 

#3 JMD

JMD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Oh good, popular opinion polls.

If memory serves, didn't popular opinion get him elected twice?

What does that tell you?

#4 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,222 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

At least this thread is doing better than Malarkey's "look at me I have a trucklet" thread. 

#5 tuk tuk joe

tuk tuk joe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

What does that tell you?

Yeah, that’s right!! Never mind he lied. He still beat out Mitt and the war monger from Arizona. clap2.gifThat’s fucking popular....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

#6 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

He most certainly could be the “worst" if not for GWB, Nixon, LBJ.. etc. etc. etc... So far he’s most certainly not the worst in history at least in terms of American war dead - Lincoln was the by far worst in that category.... :(

Why did you give Rosevelt, Truman and Kenedy a pass. WWII, Korea and Vietnam dwarf Bush.   

What does that tell you?

A lot of buyer's remorse?

#7 tuk tuk joe

tuk tuk joe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

He most certainly could be the “worst" if not for GWB, Nixon, LBJ.. etc. etc. etc... So far he’s most certainly not the worst in history at least in terms of American war dead - Lincoln was the by far worst in that category.... :(

Why did you give Rosevelt, Truman and Kenedy a pass. WWII, Korea and Vietnam dwarf Bush.   

It’s well known that Kennedy was going to pull out all “advisors" out of Viet Nam. JBL faked the Gulf of Tonkin insident thus starting the war that killed 55,000 Americans (up to 3 million Vietnamese). I’m not going to defend Rosevelt or Truman...

But yes, in terms of “American war dead” Lincoln was by far the worst... 

#8 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,222 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

. JBL faked the Gulf of Tonkin insident thus starting the war that killed 55,000 Americans (up to 3 million Vietnamese). I’m not going to defend Rosevelt or Truman...

It's well known that JBL was the speaker of the House.

#9 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

It’s well known that Kennedy was going to pull out all “advisors" out of Viet Nam. JBL faked the Gulf of Tonkin insident thus starting the war that killed 55,000 Americans (up to 3 million Vietnamese). I’m not going to defend Rosevelt or Truman...

Hogwash.

#10 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts
  • Interests:Subhuman Mongrels in momjeans

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Preprocessing complete.

#11 tuk tuk joe

tuk tuk joe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

Hogwash.

Come back to me after you’ve done some research or prove me wrong dipship... 

#12 tuk tuk joe

tuk tuk joe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

. JBL faked the Gulf of Tonkin insident thus starting the war that killed 55,000 Americans (up to 3 million Vietnamese). I’m not going to defend Rosevelt or Truman...

It's well known that JBL was the speaker of the House.

Yes. So fucking what? He was president during Gulf of Tonkin insident...

#13 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

JBL?  Forget it, Tuk is on a roll.

#14 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,222 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

100 Proof that some electronic things run on alcohol.   Postpreprocessing tidbit: in 2006 W won with 34% beating out Obama's current 33%.  It's no surprise to me that when I  would like to relax and watch some TV it is filled with moronic reality shows, apropos for this thread "The Biggest Loser".

#15 HardOnWind

HardOnWind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

The stock market is voting for Obama as one of the best presidents of all time.

#16 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,383 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

Yeah...He has been good to the 1%. The average Joe however, has seen his income fall, increased government dependency, healthcare costs rise, his country's standing diminished, the middle in flames, Russian expansionism, Chinese saber rattling, uncontrolled illegal immigration, scandal after scandal….

#17 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

Funny how the pursuit of cheap goods has built civilization and has complicated the running of it. The presidents who follow Obama will have as much or more trouble keeping it in line.

#18 HardOnWind

HardOnWind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

Yeah...He has been good to the 1%. The average Joe however, has seen his income fall, increased government dependency, healthcare costs rise, his country's standing diminished, the middle in flames, Russian expansionism, Chinese saber rattling, uncontrolled illegal immigration, scandal after scandal….

The business of the American people is business.

Not so much?

#19 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,120 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

If he gets us mired in Iraq again, he will be able to vie for the crown.

#20 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

Let me educate you in the art of kicking the can down the road (only in Obama's case the road is a dead end and eventually runs out)

~Zero Percent interest = low bond returns

Low bond returns mean the money flows to the stock market.

~Zero percent interest is achieved by printing Play Money.

Printing Play Money must eventually lead to hyperinflation as the only**, albeit hyper painful, correction path for Obam's failure to stimulate job and industrial growth.

** World wars are another path but I hope we would both prefer bread lines to front lines. 

#21 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

Funny how the pursuit of cheap goods has built civilization and has complicated the running of it. The presidents who follow Obama will have as much or more trouble keeping it in line.

Hope and Change.  Ahhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha haaaa

#22 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

Hogwash.

Come back to me after you’ve done some research or prove me wrong dipship... 

You made the claim you should be the one offering proof ..... DIPSHIP

So which truth do you want? You want to believe that Jack, love that name, was only staying in Vietnam long enough to secure his re-election in '64?  Someone who would trade soldiers lives for votes is how you want to remember him?

The real truth is that nobody knows what Kennedy would have done had he lived. For you and other Kennedy Romancers to massage his legacy by pretending to channel him is comical.  Eisenhower's departing advice was that Laos should be the line in the sand, not Vietnam.  Kennedy chose Vietnam instead. There is evidence in the record that Kennedy was reconsidering Eisenhower's advice. Leaving Vietnam if it were to happen is not the same as leaving South East Asia.  

Your scenario paints a rather unflattering portrait of the man. Up until his death he was continuing to escalate our involvement in Vietnam. If as you say he had already determined to abandon Vietnam you have to explain away why he was delaying the implementation of the order. 

Might have something to do with this Kennedy quote on page 484 of Richard Reeves'  (1993). President Kennedy: Profile of Power. 

"We don't have a prayer of staying in Vietnam. Those people hate us. They are going to throw our asses out of there at any point. But I can't give up that territory to the communists and get the American people to re-elect me" - JFK

#23 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,234 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Let me educate you in the art of kicking the can down the road (only in Obama's case the road is a dead end and eventually runs out)

Printing Play Money must eventually lead to hyperinflation as the only**, albeit hyper painful, correction path for Obam's failure to stimulate job and industrial growth.

** World wars are another path but I hope we would both prefer bread lines to front lines. 

How did those policies work for Georgie?

#24 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

How did those policies work for Georgie?

2nd Law of Liberal Argument : The quality of a Liberal Argument is inversely proportional to how soon Bush is mentioned. - © Happy Jack 2014

#25 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

I really enjoy these attack pieces by Jack, it just reinforces just how clueless he really is. The worst president in history and probably for all time would be Richard Nixon, who earned that spot when historians from his own library revealed and published the fact that he scuttled the 1968 Paris peace talks to get elected. A decision that prolonged the war and took up to 29,000 more American soldier lives than necessary.  I'll note that Quinnipiac either distorted the poll by neglecting to furnish that information or the poll was taken while that information had not been released. Either way, Jack was foolish to post it if for no other reason Obama has two and a half YEARS left as president and much can happen, good or bad, during that time.

Did Richard Nixon’s campaign conspire to scuttle the Vietnam War peace talks on the eve of the 1968 election to capture him the presidency?

Absolutely, says Tom Charles Huston, the author of a comprehensive, still-secret report he prepared as a White House aide to Nixon. In one of 10 oral histories conducted by the National Archives and opened last week, Huston says “there is no question” that Nixon campaign aides sent a message to the South Vietnamese government, promising better terms if it obstructed the talks, and helped Nixon get elected.

Nixon’s campaign manager, John Mitchell, “was directly involved,” Huston tells interviewer Timothy Naftali. And while “there is no evidence that I found” that Nixon participated, it is “inconceivable to me,” says Huston, that Mitchell “acted on his own initiative.”

Huston’s comments—transcribed and publishedon the web site of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda, California on Wednesday—are the latest twist in a longstanding tale of political skullduggery involving Nixon and his predecessor, Lyndon Johnson. It is a tale that features a secret “X-file,” a mysterious “Dragon Lady” and reports of wiretaps and bugging that has captured the imagination of scholars and conspiracy theorists for half a century.

Like many of Nixon’s actions, this particular transgression was born of paranoia. As the 1968 election approached, Nixon and his aides feared that Johnson would try to help the Democratic nominee—Vice President Hubert Humphrey—by staging an October surprise. When LBJ announced to the nation, just days before the balloting, that he was calling a halt in the bombing of North Vietnam to help fuel progress in ongoing peace talks, the Republicans thought their fears were realized.

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz34HFM2z46

But keep posting those pieces Jack, they are entertaining and we all enjoy laughing at you.

#26 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

I really enjoy these attack pieces by Jack, it just reinforces just how clueless he really is. The worst president in history and probably for all time would be Richard Nixon, who earned that spot when historians from his own library revealed and published the fact that he scuttled the 1968 Paris peace talks to get elected. A decision that prolonged the war and took up to 29,000 more American soldier lives than necessary.  I'll note that Quinnipiac either distorted the poll by neglecting to furnish that information or the poll was taken while that information had not been released. Either way, Jack was foolish to post it if for no other reason Obama has two and a half YEARS left as president and much can happen, good or bad, during that time.

Did Richard Nixon’s campaign conspire to scuttle the Vietnam War peace talks on the eve of the 1968 election to capture him the presidency?

Absolutely, says Tom Charles Huston, the author of a comprehensive, still-secret report he prepared as a White House aide to Nixon. In one of 10 oral histories conducted by the National Archives and opened last week, Huston says “there is no question” that Nixon campaign aides sent a message to the South Vietnamese government, promising better terms if it obstructed the talks, and helped Nixon get elected.

Nixon’s campaign manager, John Mitchell, “was directly involved,” Huston tells interviewer Timothy Naftali. And while “there is no evidence that I found” that Nixon participated, it is “inconceivable to me,” says Huston, that Mitchell “acted on his own initiative.”

Huston’s comments—transcribed and publishedon the web site of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda, California on Wednesday—are the latest twist in a longstanding tale of political skullduggery involving Nixon and his predecessor, Lyndon Johnson. It is a tale that features a secret “X-file,” a mysterious “Dragon Lady” and reports of wiretaps and bugging that has captured the imagination of scholars and conspiracy theorists for half a century.

Like many of Nixon’s actions, this particular transgression was born of paranoia. As the 1968 election approached, Nixon and his aides feared that Johnson would try to help the Democratic nominee—Vice President Hubert Humphrey—by staging an October surprise. When LBJ announced to the nation, just days before the balloting, that he was calling a halt in the bombing of North Vietnam to help fuel progress in ongoing peace talks, the Republicans thought their fears were realized.

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz34HFM2z46

But keep posting those pieces Jack, they are entertaining and we all enjoy laughing at you.

You've posted this before and in both cases you neglected to point out that the source of your post also concluded this.

The last question, of course, is the most painful. Johnson’s aides, over the years, had claimed there was a genuine opportunity for peace in the fall of 1968, which Nixon foiled for political gain.

Huston disagrees. “The bigger question was, did it make any difference, and I think the answer to that was no,” he says. The South Vietnamese didn’t need Nixon’s people to tell them they would do better by waiting, he says, or that the terms of the deal were unfavorable.

What a shame that LBJ decided to bug the Nixon plane. Maybe both sides should clean up their act. But to your point. The poll post dates the article you cite and two more years on this trajectory won't leave anyone approving of Obama. 

#27 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

The fact is we will never know the truth about a Vietnam peace and that's the only fact that we do know. The jury is still out over Obama and he very well may end up at the bottom of the heap, but it is pointless to cast him there until his work is done. The poll was ridiculous for that reason alone.

#28 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,222 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

And Jack ignores that at this point in office W still won by 1%.  good times. 

#29 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

33yi786.png

#30 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

Please come back when you have something meaningful to post Jack.

#31 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

Reality bites.

Even surrounded by a moat of adoring protective media. Obama still polls behind bush.

#32 HardOnWind

HardOnWind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Or not....

#33 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

Or not....''

Why are you so powerless to just ignore me if I have so little to say? How embarrassing for you that I have such power over you.

#34 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

I'm afraid driving a Ridgeline is the ultimate definition of powerless and clueless.

#35 HardOnWind

HardOnWind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

33yi786.png

Looking at the positive ranking "Best" then Obama is in 4th place of the 13 presidents listed.  He ranks with Clinton, Kennedy, and Reagan. Those negative numbers "WORST" are skewed by the HUN factor.  

#36 HardOnWind

HardOnWind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

Call 1-800-607-7414 and express your support for Obama. BEST President ever! They're taking another survey.

#37 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

I'm afraid driving a Ridgeline is the ultimate definition of powerless and clueless.

Ridgeline ... Proudly one of only 10 vehicles still made in America.

#38 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:40 AM

Why Jack is so Sad.

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

#39 tuk tuk joe

tuk tuk joe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:02 AM

So which truth do you want? You want to believe that Jack, love that name, was only staying in Vietnam long enough to secure his re-election in '64?  Someone who would trade soldiers lives for votes is how you want to remember him?

The real truth is that nobody knows what Kennedy would have done had he lived. For you and other Kennedy Romancers to massage his legacy by pretending to channel him is comical.  Eisenhower's departing advice was that Laos should be the line in the sand, not Vietnam.  Kennedy chose Vietnam instead. There is evidence in the record that Kennedy was reconsidering Eisenhower's advice. Leaving Vietnam if it were to happen is not the same as leaving South East Asia.  

Your scenario paints a rather unflattering portrait of the man. Up until his death he was continuing to escalate our involvement in Vietnam. If as you say he had already determined to abandon Vietnam you have to explain away why he was delaying the implementation of the order. 

Might have something to do with this Kennedy quote on page 484 of Richard Reeves'  (1993). President Kennedy: Profile of Power. 

"We don't have a prayer of staying in Vietnam. Those people hate us. They are going to throw our asses out of there at any point. But I can't give up that territory to the communists and get the American people to re-elect me" - JFK

How he would have handled Vietnam had he lived does indeed remain a mystery... However in October 1963 (about a month before his assassination), he signed National Security Action Memorandum 263, calling for removing 1,000 US troops from Vietnam by year’s end and the remainder by December 1965. 

#40 tuk tuk joe

tuk tuk joe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

While the middle class is voting Obumma as one of the worst presidents of all time. 

#41 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:29 AM

How he would have handled Vietnam had he lived does indeed remain a mystery... However in October 1963 (about a month before his assassination), he signed National Security Action Memorandum 263, calling for removing 1,000 US troops from Vietnam by year’s end and the remainder by December 1965. 

263 has been around since the mid 70's and it contain no indication that he was about to abandon the objective of containing Communism.  

Kinda funny that Jack was at the center of the Red Menace scare that the left like so much to mock in later years. 

But ultimately the strongest knock against the Jack would have  bugged out argument was the effort he made to remove and ultimately assassinate the Ngo Dinh brothers. If he really was leaving why invest himself and America in a coup and assassination?

#42 HardOnWind

HardOnWind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

US Ship Sails off to Destroy Syrian Weapons at Sea

Great job Mr. President!

#43 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

Can I have my health insurance back, Mr. President?

#44 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

On the same day the Dow Jones rises above 17,000 for the first time, employment adds 288,000 jobs in June dropping the average to 6.1%. Pretty good for the worst president ever.

#45 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,234 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

In the WSJ today

"Great Obama Bull Market will soar to 2016"

Great obama bull market. I like that.

nice jobs report to. Face it. If you work for a living, make your money off investments or want the country in bettrr financial shape, obama >bush. Unless you listen to the rwnm.

#46 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,383 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

And how about the Q1 gdp growth?

#47 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

What about it? it was predicted to be down because of bad weather.

#48 JMD

JMD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

Dog, on 03 Jul 2014 - 12:18, said:

I don't know, Dog, why don't you ask some Fortune 500 companies?

#49 RumBulls

RumBulls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts
  • Interests:Was J24s
    Now is Olson30s

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

Your idiot president was worse than my idiot president.... nuh uh, my idiot president was better than your idiot president....

.... Mean while....munich-re-reinsurance-titanic-animation-

#50 HardOnWind

HardOnWind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

On the same day the Dow Jones rises above 17,000 for the first time, employment adds 288,000 jobs in June dropping the average to 6.1%. Pretty good for the worst president ever.

And, in other good news, we're getting the fuck out of Afghanistan and our president has not got us entangled in any new foreign wars.

SUPER GOOD!

Way to go Obama!

#51 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

In other news, while the Dow Jones goes through the roof, the Wall Street Journal has layoffs. http://api.viglink.c...nal-5596796.php

#52 JMD

JMD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

And, in other good news, we're getting the fuck out of Afghanistan and our president has not got us entangled in any new foreign wars.

SUPER GOOD!

Way to go Obama!

Pay no attention to the 500(?) "advisers" that are now in Iraq.

Tip of the hat?

#53 HardOnWind

HardOnWind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Your idiot president was worse than my idiot president.... nuh uh, my idiot president was better than your idiot president....

The truth is that the sinking ship is due to the inactivity of Congress who's admitted primary mission is to make Obama look bad no matter the cost to the country.

#54 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

SUPER GOOD!

Way to go Obama!

Tip of the hat?

I think we're closer to 850. One more and I'll get off my ass and go picket.

#55 RumBulls

RumBulls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts
  • Interests:Was J24s
    Now is Olson30s

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

The truth is that the sinking ship is due to the inactivity of Congress who's admitted primary mission is to make Obama look bad no matter the cost to the country.

It takes 2 to tango, ya crackpot.

#56 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

Shrinking GDP

Massive printing of play money

Unimaginable debt load 

Unfunded mandates that run tens of trillion more

Lowest workforce participation rate in my lifetime

Highest percentage of people on food stamps

And all they can say is Look at that stock market. (free money does that but they never took economics and obviously neither did Obama) ....

The poll is not only telling it is correct. What really takes the cake is that the protective cocoon the MSM has wrapped around this man seems to have evaporated and people are no longer buying it.

#57 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Weather : Presidential excuses Chapter 37 Subsection 873 line Q3.78  

#58 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

Republican Congressional Obstruction : Presidential excuses Chapter 109 Subsection 3 line A

#59 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

SUPER GOOD!

Way to go Obama!

Tip of the hat?

Don't you mean off your knees?

#60 JMD

JMD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

Weather : Presidential excuses Chapter 37 Subsection 873 line Q3.78  

Not so much:  http://forums.sailin...57624&p=4573347

#61 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

SUPER GOOD!

Way to go Obama!

Tip of the hat?

Don't you mean off your knees?

No Jack, but its becoming more evident by the day that Obama is making you his bitch.

#62 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

Gotta love the same people who hate the 1% pointing to the stock market as Obama's greatest success

Oh and BL weather alone would not cause a negative 2%

#63 papagayo

papagayo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Does anyone dispute the poll results?  Since there is not a smidgen of possibility that that many Americans who think Obama is the worse president since WWII are racist, it is now accepted that one can be against Obama and his policies and not be racist?

#64 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Oh really? Tell me how much business got done in Louisiana during Katrina?

#65 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

Oh really? Tell me how much business got done in Louisiana during Katrina?

LOL.

Katrina didnt last a Quarter and the aftermath would have been a boon to the states economy.

#66 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Prove it.

#67 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

Prove it.

Hurricane Katrina
Formed August 23, 2005
Dissipated September 3, 2005

Hardly a quarter.

#68 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

You're a fucking mistake of nature:

University of North Texas Profession Bernard Weinstein put the total economic loss from Katrina to be as high as $250 billion. (Source: Swiss Re, "Hurricane Katrina," January 25, 2007) That's because he takes into account not just the damage, but the impact for disrupted gas production and general effect on national economic growth. For example, in 2005, economic growth as measured by Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth went from 3.8% in the third quarter (July-September, when Katrina hit) to 1.3% in the fourth quarter (October-December, when production losses were felt). http://useconomy.abo...rina_damage.htm

#69 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

Are you seriously comparing last winter to a natural disaster like Katrina? I thought you were joking.

#70 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

Are you seriously comparing last winter to a natural disaster like Katrina? I thought you were joking.

BL never jokes, her love for Obama is very serious and this poll has made her very anxious. She is thinking "if only this was a FOX poll I could dismiss it."

It ain't and she can't.

#71 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

TM, You're the one who discounted (stupidly), weather not impacting the economy. There is clear evidence that the 1st quarter which you used to bash Obama, was influenced by weather. http://www.nbcnews.c...-billion-n29781

#72 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

I'm very comfortable with the fact that America has caught up with me and my assessment of Of Obama

#73 HardOnWind

HardOnWind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

BL never jokes, her love for Obama is very serious and this poll has made her very anxious. She is thinking "if only this was a FOX poll I could dismiss it."

It ain't and she can't.

This survey was good news for Obama. In the BEST presidents of all time he was number 4. Only presidents that ranked better were Reagan, Kennedy, and Clinton.

Three of the top four were Democrats!

BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   

#74 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

TM, You're the one who discounted (stupidly), weather not impacting the economy. There is clear evidence that the 1st quarter which you used to bash Obama, was influenced by weather. http://www.nbcnews.c...-billion-n29781

Thank God for Arthur, the Weather Presidential excuses Chapter 37 Subsection 873 line Q3.78  is all primed for the current quarter.

The Obama epitaph will read "it wasn't my fault"

#75 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

We can now add poor reading comprehension to the list you exhibit on this site.

What I actually said was weather ALONE would not cause a -2% growth rate. That key word "alone" in no way indicates that I am claiming that it had zero impact. The level of impact is open to debate.

To compare Katrina to a sever winter is about as STUPID, to use your term as it gets.

#76 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

So what is your excuse for voting this man "Best president of all time?"

Were you all drunk and stoned out of your minds?

Reagan tripled the national debt

Reagan raised taxes 11 times

Reagan expanded the size of government

Reagan supported the "socialist" Earned Income Tax Credit

Reagan negotiated with terrorists in Tehran

Reagan sought to eliminate nuclear weapons

Reagan gave amnesty to 11 million illegal immigrants

Reagan approved protectionist trade barriers

Reagan signed abortion rights law in California

Reagan eventually debunked AIDS myths Republicans continued to perpetuate

Man, you people must be confused.

#77 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

We can now add poor reading comprehension to the list you exhibit on this site.

What I actually said was weather ALONE would not cause a -2% growth rate. That key word "alone" in no way indicates that I am claiming that it had zero impact. The level of impact is open to debate.

To compare Katrina to a sever winter is about as STUPID, to use your term as it gets.

TM, at least I will always have pity for you.

#78 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

Really bummed you out that Americans think Obama is the worst president and Reagan the best. 

#79 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

First Katrina now Reagan

Your attempt to deflect with liberal red flags are so transparent as to be laughable.

#80 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

I'm not deflecting anything. I hit you head on. Your best president was a fucking liberal. The weather influences economic growth.

#81 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

Walmart reports FY 15 Q1 EPS of $1.10; weather impacted EPS approximately $0.03

http://news.walmart....proximately-003

Chevron: Current year production has been affected by downtime, in part due to adverse weather across multiple regions including Kazakhstan, Canada, and the U.S.

http://phx.corporate...TF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

Et cetera.

#82 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,383 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

I'm not deflecting anything. I hit you head on. Your best president was a fucking liberal. The weather influences economic growth.

You liberals vilified Reagan when he was in office and now because he is considered the best president in the last 60 years you want to co-opt the guy….priceless.

#83 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

At least they can't blame Bush for the weather.... Oh wait .... global warming, I forgot....

#84 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

You liberals vilified Reagan when he was in office and now because he is considered the best president in the last 60 years you want to co-opt the guy….priceless.

And Kennedy was a bigger tax cuter and hawk than the average post-WWII Republican so I guess they get him in return.

#85 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

Being one of the resident liberals, in no way am I co-opting the Most Overrated President in History.

#86 HardOnWind

HardOnWind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

It takes 2 to tango, ya crackpot.

And when one party says they won't dance (Boehner) then there will be no Tango. 

#87 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

Isn't it funny how times change. While he was doing all of those now liberal things you were applauding and cheering. Now 30 years later, you malign those things, but he is still your greatest president. How does that work?

#88 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

Isn't it funny how times change. While he was doing all of those now liberal things you were applauding and cheering. Now 30 years later, you malign those things, but he is still your greatest president. How does that work?

And Obama is the worst... As Hardon would say 

BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   

#89 HardOnWind

HardOnWind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

The righties worship this B movie actor like he was some kind of god. The weird thing is if he were in office today with his record being left of Obama's (please read the above quote) the Teahadists would be trying to impeach him. 

#90 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,822 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

I would ask if Hypocrisy Jack© will support or work to undermine the President, but he says he has me on ignore.

Besides, the very fact that he gets such glee out of starting Obama-bashing threads like this one truly shows how he would answer if he were capable of both objectivity and honesty.

#91 just rent it

just rent it

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

The righties worship this B movie actor like he was some kind of god. The weird thing is if he were in office today with his record being left of Obama's (please read the above quote) the Teahadists would be trying to impeach him. 

This is indeed a fact and I don't recall any of the conservatives ever having address it. Why do they worship a liberal so hard?

#92 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,822 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

This is indeed a fact and I don't recall any of the conservatives ever having address it. Why do they worship a liberal so hard?

Strict adherence to the 11th Commandment.

#93 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,383 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

"It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.". Reagan

#94 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

Deflection. You guys voted a fucking liberal best president in history. Now you have to live with it.

#95 HardOnWind

HardOnWind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

"It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.". Reagan

Good quote by a very Liberal president. 

#96 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,383 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

"I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." Reagan

#97 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,822 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

If you look at the numbers, it really is due to party loyalty.  Except, the Democrats split their "Best President" votes among Kennedy, Clinton, and Obama (totaling 70% of Democrat respondents), while Reagan enjoyed GOP solidarity with 66% of the Republican respondents.

Linky

#98 Mike G

Mike G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

"I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." Reagan

Awesome quote Dog.
Did Ronald reduce or increase the size of government?

#99 t22harris

t22harris

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Interests:Skiing, sailing, and other adventures.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

Strict adherence to the 11th Commandment.

Barack Obama Is Nothing Like The Tax and Spend Liberal That Ronald Reagan Was

Screen-Shot-2013-07-18-at-12.46.06-PM-1-

#100 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,822 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:55 PM

Oh boy.  It's "dig up your favorite quote and post it as a testimony to Reagan" time.  Mind if I play along?

"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense," he said. "But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users