4 replies to this topic

#1 DrewR

DrewR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

Does anybody have a B&g Zeus yet and have it working with 0183 data?  I am getting conflicting info on whether the SailSteer functions will work with incoming NMEA 0183 wind data or whether or not it requires data from a Triton wind instrument. I'd like to replace everything, but can't right now, but I would like to add the Zeus and use my existing instruments. 

I've searched the B&G web site and read the on-line manuals and talked to a B&G dealer and I haven't got a clear answer on whether the B&G wind is required. The dealer has only installed a Zeus with Triton's.

There are 2 NMEA 0183 ports that have both in and out so I was hoping it would take the muxed 0183 data stream from all my instruments and just work.

#2 Miles

Miles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

Does anybody have a B&g Zeus yet and have it working with 0183 data?  I am getting conflicting info on whether the SailSteer functions will work with incoming NMEA 0183 wind data or whether or not it requires data from a Triton wind instrument. I'd like to replace everything, but can't right now, but I would like to add the Zeus and use my existing instruments. 

I've searched the B&G web site and read the on-line manuals and talked to a B&G dealer and I haven't got a clear answer on whether the B&G wind is required. The dealer has only installed a Zeus with Triton's.

There are 2 NMEA 0183 ports that have both in and out so I was hoping it would take the muxed 0183 data stream from all my instruments and just work.

I had it set up on a RIB a couple of years ago with NMEA0183 wind data, and it worked fine. Just need to make sure you do all your source selection correctly.

#3 DrewR

DrewR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

I had it set up on a RIB a couple of years ago with NMEA0183 wind data, and it worked fine. Just need to make sure you do all your source selection correctly.

I thought the SailSteer function was new?  Thanks for the info. 

#4 BQAUS

BQAUS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Two Zeus T7s installed recently on the boat I sail on take the 0183 data from the H2000 performance processor, sail steer and all other features work fine. Wouldn't have thought it would only work with data from Tritons. Sail Steer is new but will work with 0183 or N2K from what I understand.

The B&G tech support over here (Australia & NZ) are pretty good to deal with and have emailed system wiring diagrams to me when requested.

B&G have a system builder ipad app that helps you design a system and shows all the connectivity. Your dealer should be able to access it.

#5 DrewR

DrewR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

Two Zeus T7s installed recently on the boat I sail on take the 0183 data from the H2000 performance processor, sail steer and all other features work fine. Wouldn't have thought it would only work with data from Tritons. Sail Steer is new but will work with 0183 or N2K from what I understand.

The B&G tech support over here (Australia & NZ) are pretty good to deal with and have emailed system wiring diagrams to me when requested.

B&G have a system builder ipad app that helps you design a system and shows all the connectivity. Your dealer should be able to access it.

Great thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. It didn't seem to make sense to me either but a dealer (not the one in my marina) told me I had to use the Triton wind. Just wanted to hear it from someone who has done it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users