73 replies to this topic

#1 port tack

port tack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Is this boat that bad?  The used prices have dropped like a rock.  No buzz at all about them.  I understand they are not nearly the boat that the Carkeek 40's or MC 38's are but at the used prices they are at they look like a PHRF bargin.

#2 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

We really enjoy ours.

#3 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,740 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

I onley raced agaisnt oune, it dide prettey damn welle.

#4 Mud sailor

Mud sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

The one in SB had a bow extension put on a few months ago, cleaned up the entry and everyone says it's helped the upwind speed (they were always a weapon downwind)

Last I heard tooling was sitting out in the desert

#5 inhiding

inhiding

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:13 PM

The one in Cleveland is now $249k

Think it started at $350k.

Must be a very disappointed owner.....

#6 dcbsheb

dcbsheb

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

The one in Cleveland is now $249k

Think it started at $350k.

Must be a very disappointed owner.....

What did they go for new?

#7 Christian

Christian

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,395 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:52 AM

There is one sitting in Naptown listed at $179K and I am sure it can be had for a good deal less

#8 Gorn FRANTIC!!

Gorn FRANTIC!!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

There is one sitting in Naptown listed at $179K and I am sure it can be had for a good deal less

Ouch...

#9 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,994 posts
  • Interests:Shootings, just like HotRod!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

Is this boat that bad? 

When the designer and the builder stop hyping them after throwing truckloads of pros at the boat, well...

...back to the drawing board.

I love the rig and deck layout.

#10 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,994 posts
  • Interests:Shootings, just like HotRod!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

Last I heard tooling was sitting out in the desert

To be fair, even if they were building at full capacity, wouldn't the tooling still be "sitting out in the desert"?

Technically.

#11 Alcatraz5768

Alcatraz5768

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

And I thought the Ker40 for $400k aus was cheap.

#12 DamnSkippy

DamnSkippy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Attached File  photo3.JPG   169.05K   406 downloadsAttached File  photo5.JPG   117.97K   463 downloadsAttached File  OntheWaterMarch23.JPG   392.08K   351 downloads

#13 barefoot children

barefoot children

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Carbon boats and carbon golf clubs

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

First the Farr36, followed by the Farr11, now the 400, what will be the next one ???

#14 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,538 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

This?

http://www.yachtworl...D/United-States

Or this?

http://www.yachtworl...D/United-States

#15 RATM

RATM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:My Grandchildren

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

The Farr 400 is very similar to the other boats mentioned in this thread with one notable exception...it does not have a fixed bowsprit with a dolphin striker.

I think a fixed bow-sprit would have made a difference and not because of any performance gains it would offer. The initial demographic for this boat was rich people, really rich people. A really rich person wants a boat that's more like a Grand Prix TP52 than a J/122.

My $0.02 from some one who only has about $0.02 to apply to the purchase of any boat let alone a Farr 400

#16 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,538 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

IMHO these boats are a big gamble for builders and owners. If they do not do well in mixed fleets or become a viable OD class they end up being as easy to sell as used kleenex.

#17 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

IMHO these boats are a big gamble for builders and owners. If they do not do well in mixed fleets or become a viable OD class they end up being as easy to sell as used kleenex.

I think the builder did ok. As an owner, it is always considered sunk cost. Anyone who goes into a new boat thinking about resale is going to be disappointed.

In our case, we got tipped off to the boat as we were basically going to do a custom boat that was essentially the same. This just saved us time and money. We have had fine results in mixed fleets as well, no real complaints.

#18 Savage 17

Savage 17

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

First the Farr36, followed by the Farr11, now the 400, what will be the next one ???

A Farr 11 for sale for $75k now that kings point can sell it...

#19 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:20 PM

I think the builder did ok. As an owner, it is always considered sunk cost. Anyone who goes into a new boat thinking about resale is going to be disappointed.

In our case, we got tipped off to the boat as we were basically going to do a custom boat that was essentially the same. This just saved us time and money. We have had fine results in mixed fleets as well, no real complaints.
But it's not yellow!

#20 crash

crash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:49 PM

I'm not sure that lack of commercial success in anyway means it's a not a great boat. To appeal to a large number of folks means more compromise, and in many ways maybe a less great boat.

If commercial success is the only metric, than the Bene 40.7 is a great boat. And based on the opinions expressed in the thread about the loss of CR, that doesn't seem true either

#21 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

Having sailed one aggressively I'll say that the Farr 400 is a well built, well laid out, fast, hardcore, cool boat.

It seems like people have some feelings one way or another about it but I think that Meridian, Chessie and Santa proved that, when sailed well, they're a great hoat

#22 bluelaser2

bluelaser2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Uh...Sailing ?

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:00 AM

The notable reverse spring in the sheer is very handsome, on Lake Erie no other boat has that shark-like silhouette....but half a million bucks for a dayboat with the luxury feel of a table-saw is a tough sell in ANY market....

#23 alcoholfunnycar

alcoholfunnycar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, fast boats.

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

On the one hand, the Mumm 30 and Farr 40 were hard acts to follow. On the other hand, the Mumm 30 and Farr 40 were really fucking hard acts to follow.

#24 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

But it's not yellow!

You don't know how much I argued to paint it yellow dude.

#25 Foredeck Shuffle

Foredeck Shuffle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

Having sailed on a few other boats targeted in this range (I think Seahorse likes to call them the IRC40's) I can say this one is fantastic to sail on and leaves you with no doubt that it can stand up to an offshore fight.  None of the others left me feeling nearly as confident.

Having sailed one aggressively I'll say that the Farr 400 is a well built, well laid out, fast, hardcore, cool boat.

It seems like people have some feelings one way or another about it but I think that Meridian, Chessie and Santa proved that, when sailed well, they're a great hoat

Yeah, it really should have been yellow.

#26 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,538 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

All true to a point and pretty much all boats are a tough sell today, but many older racing boats from years past went on to be cruising boats, family day sailors, live-aboards, etc. I know of one boat racing offshore today that pretty much did that whole cycle and came back around to race boat. For these types in this thread, I don'r see this happening. They are going to be racing or sitting.

#27 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

They are going to be racing or sitting.

Yep.

Yeah, it really should have been yellow.

bang-head-on-wall.jpg

#28 Foredeck Shuffle

Foredeck Shuffle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

You have some serious artistic skill hiding under that salty smile.

bang-head-on-wall.jpg

#29 Kack

Kack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

I like yellow.

Boat is fun, a little wet, layout is great. I'd redo the switch panel and the gusher pump.

Feels good at 18 knots

#30 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

I'd redo the switch panel and the gusher pump.

Put in the metal frame version. Waaaay better.

#31 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

I only saw 17 but indeed lotsa fun.

I'd change a few things but nothing crucial. Having the pedestal aft would make for much more working area in the cockpit.

#32 some dude

some dude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Kind of a lot of money for a PHRF day sailor.

#33 Alcatraz5768

Alcatraz5768

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

My old yacht was a cruiser racer that we cruised twice in about 5 years and raced about a hundred races a year, so it may as well have been an out and out racer. It would have been much easier to race.

#34 Gorn FRANTIC!!

Gorn FRANTIC!!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

But it's not yellow!

You clearly just don't know how much extra the yellow paint would have weighed ;-)

#35 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

Worth it.

#36 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

Without a doubt. We talking yellow.

#37 miahmouse

miahmouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

I saw a study somewhere that seemed to indicate that the yellow pigment added lightness.  

#38 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,538 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

I have often wondered about Opti sailors doing W/L in the river growing up to race 50 foot boats W/L in the river. I think maybe this is why a bunch of $$$ is going into J/70 racing right now ;)

#39 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

I have often wondered about Opti sailors doing W/L in the river growing up to race 50 foot boats W/L in the river. I think maybe this is why a bunch of $$$ is going into J/70 racing right now ;)

If all you did was W/L, then sure.

#40 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,538 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

The trend has been away from distance racing for a long time now.

#41 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Actually the past few years has been the opposite. Almost all regattas are adding point to point to the menu, and the only races to consistently bring crowds are the big distance ones like the Mac and Bermuda. Day race regattas by and large are suffering. Look at Screwpile here and KWRW further afield.

But that's not what my point was. If all you want to do is inshore W/L, then get a small OD boat and go about your merry way. These boats are for more than that.

#42 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Yellow defies gravity!

#43 some dude

some dude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

Actually the past few years has been the opposite. Almost all regattas are adding point to point to the menu, and the only races to consistently bring crowds are the big distance ones like the Mac and Bermuda. Day race regattas by and large are suffering. Look at Screwpile here and KWRW further afield.

But that's not what my point was. If all you want to do is inshore W/L, then get a small OD boat and go about your merry way. These boats are for more than that.

My point exactly. You aren't goong to want to do the Mac, Bermuda, Transpac on a Farr 400. It's a W/L PHRF day sailor. Maybe fun for a day long bay tour type race, but you're still spending a fortune to sail PHRF.

#44 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

My point exactly. You aren't goong to want to do the Mac, Bermuda, Transpac on a Farr 400. It's a W/L PHRF day sailor. Maybe fun for a day long bay tour type race, but you're still spending a fortune to sail PHRF.

Why? Maybe not Bermuda but there's no reason not to take the boat distance racing with the right setup and pre-acknowledged expectations of physical discomfort. 

#45 haligonian winterr

haligonian winterr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:Going Fast.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

From looking at the boats and walking around on them, I'd rather do it on the Farr than the Carkeek/MC/Ker...

When all these were released around the same time, alot of the comments leaned towards the Farr being more useable offshore, and the designers stated that was part of the brief.

But, I'd also do a TransAt on a 22'er....

HW

#46 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

You aren't goong to want to do the Mac, Bermuda, Transpac on a Farr 400. It's a W/L PHRF day sailor. Maybe fun for a day long bay tour type race, but you're still spending a fortune to sail PHRF.

GIGAWAT.jpg

physical discomfort. 

I found it generally cozy during the Mac race.

Attached File  1941434_748971951811616_8638916109542989372_o.jpg   228.57K   153 downloads

#47 some dude

some dude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

Why? Maybe not Bermuda but there's no reason not to take the boat distance racing with the right setup and pre-acknowledged expectations of physical discomfort. 
Perhaps I should clarify. As a 22 year old hard on would I go for such a ride? Sure. I did crazy shit all the time and did lots of sailing on some pretty uncomfortable boats.

Now that I'm older I tend to consider such things from the bill-payer's perspective, so the question becomes; if I had $300K in the boat account, would I buy that thing and (a) sail around the bouts in the land of misfit toys (aka PHRF A) or (B) sail it to Hawaii? Fuck no. That kind of money will pay for a very nice campaign in a real OD class, or a Hawaii ride that has hot showers and would probably correct out on the F400 like an Aldora-type boat. Personally I'd take option (a) because while I'm happy to see all you fuckers at the regatta, I don't need to buy your dinner/plane tickets/hotel rooms. I'll just meet you there. Not that I have that kind of money in the boat account anyway
But that's just me. Not a 1 size fits all sport, which is part of the fun.

#48 festus

festus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

Perhaps I should clarify. As a 22 year old hard on would I go for such a ride? Sure. I did crazy shit all the time and did lots of sailing on some pretty uncomfortable boats.

Now that I'm older I tend to consider such things from the bill-payer's perspective, so the question becomes; if I had $300K in the boat account, would I buy that thing and (a) sail around the bouts in the land of misfit toys (aka PHRF A) or ( B) sail it to Hawaii? Fuck no. That kind of money will pay for a very nice campaign in a real OD class, or a Hawaii ride that has hot showers and would probably correct out on the F400 like an Aldora-type boat. Personally I'd take option (a) because while I'm happy to see all you fuckers at the regatta, I don't need to buy your dinner/plane tickets/hotel rooms. I'll just meet you there. Not that I have that kind of money in the boat account anyway

I land in the middle age demographic and would give my left nut to join team yellow boat on a ride to Hawaii or Bermuda (in that order).  Long live the grey bucket!

#49 Gorn FRANTIC!!

Gorn FRANTIC!!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

Worth it.

British racing green is cooler...
20140804_160220_zpsykd50eqh.jpg

#50 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

Now that I'm older I tend to consider such things from the bill-payer's perspective, so the question becomes; if I had $300K in the boat account, would I buy that thing and (a) sail around the bouts in the land of misfit toys (aka PHRF A) or ( B) sail it to Hawaii? Fuck no. That kind of money will pay for a very nice campaign in a real OD class, or a Hawaii ride that has hot showers and would probably correct out on the F400 like an Aldora-type boat. Personally I'd take option (a) because while I'm happy to see all you fuckers at the regatta, I don't need to buy your dinner/plane tickets/hotel rooms. I'll just meet you there. Not that I have that kind of money in the boat account anyway
I land in the middle age demographic and would give my left nut to join team yellow boat on a ride to Hawaii or Bermuda (in that order).  Long live the grey bucket!
No doubt. Give it up, somedude. Until you have a chance to sail on one in a long race, withhold judgment. I'd do a Bermuda or transpac in a second. I'm with Festus. It's a hell a lot more comfortable than my ride and I'd take it to Hawaii if it qualified. And I'm no spring chicken either.

#51 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

Worth it.

British racing green is cooler...20140804_160220_zpsykd50eqh.jpg

I'd trade the paint for a boom dude.

#52 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

No doubt. Give it up, somedude. Until you have a chance to sail on one in a long race, withhold judgment. I'd do a Bermuda or transpac in a second. I'm with Festus. It's a hell a lot more comfortable than my ride and I'd take it to Hawaii if it qualified. And I'm no spring chicken either.

Even if we don't paint it yellow?!

#53 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

Even if you don't paint it yellow. I'll keep my eyes closed until I'm on board.

#54 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:36 AM

And let us know when we're doing a TPac.

#55 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

Fetus will bring the gray bucket.

#56 gone

gone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:55 AM

ORC Worlds in Kiel Germany

After two races: 2nd place out of 27 boats. One inshore and one offshore race.

#57 Yard Dog

Yard Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

I thought you were framing your basement.

#58 Foredeck Shuffle

Foredeck Shuffle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

One of the few boats that would be shorter than my age that I would do an ocean race on in a heartbeat.

Might have to hoist this on a shroud for old time sake.

smileyyellow_stick12x.jpg

#59 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

We've found the boat does pretty well in any rating system we've sailed under. HPR, PHRF, ORR. Would like to get some ORCi racing in, number is pretty good for that.

It's mandatory.

Might have to hoist this on a shroud for old time sake.

smileyyellow_stick12x.jpg

I actually got some yellow on the boat on the sly. The document number is painted on in Federal Yellow!

#60 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'm thinking we might need to add a yellow bucket to the inventory.

#61 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

I thought you guys did quite well under ORR in the Mac race. We made the same move and went farther east which hurt us in the long run. Had both of us stayed more to the west, our respective finishes would have been much better. You had the boat that should be yellow rolling nicely.

#62 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

I found it generally cozy during the Mac race.

attachicon.gif1941434_748971951811616_8638916109542989372_o.jpg

Distance racing your boat made C Unit quit sailing!!

#63 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

Well, to be fair, the boys on Rambler were bitching about that one.

#64 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

Shoulda gone on da swan. Sail changes and kite selection super easy. 8 powered winches. AC. Washing machine. Best Bus out there!!

What's next for MX? Should be a very competitive fast 40 foot division at American YC Fall Series in September.

#65 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

Fall HPR in Annapolis most likely.

#66 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

👎

#67 opusone

opusone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

Worth it.

British racing green is cooler...
20140804_160220_zpsykd50eqh.jpg

That looks like my boat, except we have a boom and a cooler paint job.

Good luck with her....

Cheers,

opusone

#68 Gorn FRANTIC!!

Gorn FRANTIC!!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

I knocked up a boom and some handles for the pedestal yesterday just to keep lil miss picky Doghouse happy, I'll take a pic in better light when I'm on it today.

#69 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

My grinder says pedestal handles are overrated.

#70 opusone

opusone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

Will we see you on the line for Transpac 2015?  Perhaps we can get Rock & Roll to enter as well.  They were fast during the Santa Barbara/King Harbor Race.

Like to see you against the J125's on a longer distance race so you can leg out......

Cheers,

opusone

#71 Gorn FRANTIC!!

Gorn FRANTIC!!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

Does he say that with or without his false teeth in?

#72 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Will we see you on the line for Transpac 2015?  Perhaps we can get Rock & Roll to enter as well.  They were fast during the Santa Barbara/King Harbor Race.

Like to see you against the J125's on a longer distance race so you can leg out......

Cheers,

opusone

I'm hoping so. How this fall goes is gonna to tell the tale. Long range I'd like to send it out for the Transpac, then ship from Hawaii to Asia for something like the China Sea Race in 2016, then off to the Med after that. It's really what the boat is made for, and it ships for cheaper than you can move a Farr 40 across the country.

#73 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

Does he say that with or without his false teeth in?

I dunno, he motored away on his Hoveround before I could ask.

#74 Bruce T. Shark

Bruce T. Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:After Race Parties<br />Frank Mundus<br />Peter Benchly

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Grin, then brush up on your negotiating skills dude!

But it's not yellow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users