Black mob beats white ex-marine into coma. Will Obama comment?

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#1 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

http://www.wnd.com/2...-michael-brown/

Police are investigating a brutal beating at a Mississippi restaurant that some are calling revenge for the killing of black teen Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.

A verbal alternation between two white men and up to seven black men began at a West Point, Mississippi, Waffle House shortly after 1 a.m. Saturday.

The restaurants management warned the two groups to take it outside and the two whites, Ralph Weems and David Knighten, left the scene after words were exchanged. About an hour later, the men stopped at a Huddle House restaurant and realized they had been followed by about 20 people, according to a local TV station. The verbal confrontation resumed and, this time, it turned violent.

When police arrived at the Huddle House about 2:10 a.m., they found Weems, a 32-year-old former Marine, lying in the parking lot severely beaten. Two men were bent over Weems trying to render aid, police said, but all of the beating suspects were gone. Weems was airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo where he underwent emergency brain surgery, according to a family member, and was put into a medically induced coma.

Theyre going to try and wake him up tomorrow and see what damage was done, Bradley Barnes told the Associated Press, describing his brother-in-law as a former Marine who served in Iraq.

Weems was listed in fair condition Sunday, according to a hospital spokeswoman. His friend, Knighten, an Air Force veteran, was also beaten and received less severe injuries. He was treated and released.

Knighten told AP he and Weems had gone to a Waffle House early Saturday. He said a man waved him over outside the restaurant and warned him that people were upset by the killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and it wasnt a safe place for whites. He went inside anyway, he said, and saw Weems arguing with some of the men.

They left after an argument that brought police, Knighten said. He told AP he showed those officers his .45-caliber handgun and his concealed carry permit.

#2 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,442 posts
  • Interests:Voltramax

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

Every bar fight between blacks and whites from this point forward will forever be known as revenge for killing Brown.   

#3 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,168 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

Every bar fight between blacks and whites from this point forward will forever be known as revenge for killing Brown.   

Depends on what Obama has to say about this tragedy this morning at the news conference.

Oh wait, nevermind.....

#4 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

Depends on what Obama has to say about this tragedy this morning at the news conference.
Oh wait, nevermind.....

I see Ed is still trolling. I didn't know they serve alcohol at waffle houses.

#5 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,304 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Once the law was called, the perpetrators scattered and covered.  

#6 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

Oh wait, nevermind.....

Its where drunks go after the bar.  This happened at 2AM.  I know its way past your bedtime.  BTW, aren't you supposed to be ignoring me?

#7 Turd Sandwich

Turd Sandwich

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

One thing is for sure at 2:00 am the only sober people in a Waffle or Huddle house are the people that work there and even that is questionable

#8 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,304 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

One piece of advice to offer here.  If your regular bar/hangout has a chili contest, do not purchase a quart of chili from Huddle House, put it into your own container, and enter it in the contest.  Some folks just don't have a sense of humor about that stuff, no matter how amused you are by the whole gag.  Don't ask me how I know.  

#9 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,946 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

I will reserve judgement until at least two witnesses are interviewed on local TV.  Once they supply all the facts, I'll jump right in.

#10 Rum Runner

Rum Runner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

BHO needs to send Eric Holder out there quick to keep the peace.

#11 Turd Sandwich

Turd Sandwich

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

I guess you shouldn't order your hash Browns smothered and covered or risk getting the crap beat out of you

#12 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

I will reserve judgement until at least two witnesses are interviewed on local TV.  Once they supply all the facts, I'll jump right in.

I'm waiting at least another week for the audio tape to surface.

I'm waiting at least another week for the audio tape to surface.

#13 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,168 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Where's the Governor? And the BRRMs?*

*Black Religioused Race Mongers

#14 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,304 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Did they carve a backwards "B" on the victim's cheek?

#15 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Well the police chief has ruled out a hate crime so no need for the Reverend Sharpton to head down.  Unless they change their minds then look out they will all head down to protect any black person arrested.

But Brinkley was hesitant to label the incident as racially motivated. He said his investigation has turned up no evidence of racial slurs, and if slurs were used, that does not automatically qualify the case as a hate crime.

“And right now we are investigating it as an aggravated assault, not a hate crime. We know there’s an aggravated assault, we don’t know that the actions and the evidence will support a hate crime, but if we get enough evidence to support that then we can amend the charges at that time,” Brinkley said in a phone interview Monday.

“But for now it’s just an aggravated assault. Just because the suspects are black and the victim was white, on the face of it, does not mean that it was a hate crime. But if it appears it was a hate crime as we get further into the investigation, then we will treat it as such.

Actually I think his standard is outstanding, just wish that standard applied when the colors are reversed

#16 NGS

NGS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

I think you are being racially insensitive.  The "knockout" game is just good, clean fun.

#17 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

To be sure, MSNBC will dispatch Al Sharpton to gather evidence and render a decision by tomorrow night.

#18 Turd Sandwich

Turd Sandwich

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Big Al isn't the white kiddies pal that for sure there is no money in it. If there was money to be made Al Shrapnel would uncle Tom right on down there.

#19 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

I thought Al was all about racial justice? Sounds like this is a hate crime to me.

#20 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,304 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all white men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood and call black people "nigger" without fear of retribution or hateful response.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice and stifled speech, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom of such speech and freedom from justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their Voter Registration card.

I have a dream today!

#21 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

Nothing good happens at a Waffle House at 1am...

#22 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,946 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Here's one witness --

Knighten told reporters he was trying to diffuse the situation. When a security guard told everyone to leave, Knighten said he was blocked from getting to Weems, who was on the ground being kicked by a group of people. Knighten said others then attacked him.

"I do remember racial slurs being yelled from the crowd," he told the AP. (link)

All we need is one more corroborating witness.

#23 puffyjman

puffyjman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts
  • Interests:j-boats, growing jalapenos and other horticultural experiments, chocolate labs,(R.I.P. Dexter my friend) bitching and complaining

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Knighten had a .45 and CCP and didn't Stand His Ground. Me thinks those boys deserved to get thier asses kicked.

#24 Turd Sandwich

Turd Sandwich

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all white men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood and call black people "nigger" without fear of retribution or hateful response.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice and stifled speech, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom of such speech and freedom from justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their Voter Registration card.

I have a dream today!

I think you just like typing the word "nigger". You dont let a week go by without slipping it in somewhere.

#25 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

Imagine!

#26 Turd Sandwich

Turd Sandwich

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

Imagine!

You dont have to. Sol seems to get a kick out of his shock and awe use of the word.

#27 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,293 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

Oh wait, nevermind.....

Not Waffle House, it's Huddle House. I'm not sure how much time you've spent dowm South, but Huddle House is something between a chain of churches and gastrointestinal whorehouses ... you come out of there after ingesting their chicken and waffles and you may not be classically drunk, but you have just had your mind alerted for an hour or two. If your feeling of peace is interrupted by someone else's annoyance, that chicken and waffle mush in your gut will instantly convert to pure adrenalin.

I think I've seen a fight or two in my days near Huddle House. They're not exactly bar brawls, more like carbohydrate scrums.

#28 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,293 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

Nothing good happens at a Waffle House at 1am...

If you go into a Huddle House at 1 am, you need to be one of these:

a. Cop
b. Drunk
c. Weary road traveler
d. Clinically insane

#29 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

Oh wait, nevermind.....

Not Waffle House, it's Huddle House. I'm not sure how much time you've spent dowm South, but Huddle House is something between a chain of churches and gastrointestinal whorehouses ... you come out of there after ingesting their chicken and waffles and you may not be classically drunk, but you have just had your mind alerted for an hour or two. If your feeling of peace is interrupted by someone else's annoyance, that chicken and waffle mush in your gut will instantly convert to pure adrenalin.
I think I've seen a fight or two in my days near Huddle House. They're not exactly bar brawls, more like carbohydrate scrums.

The original confrontation started at a Waffle House. That was were they were warned " whitey ain't welcome". After leaving there the brave black men followed the two white vets while calling in reinforcements and confronted them at the huddle house

#30 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

Does writing "vets" make you feel all justificated?

#31 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

I think the old adage says if you go looking for a fight you can usually find one.

The Associated Press reports that Weems went to a Waffle House early Saturday. His friend David Knighten, an Air Force veteran of the Afghanistan war who was with him, told reporters that a man told him politely outside the restaurant that it wasn't a safe place for whites, because people were upset by the killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.

Knighten said when he entered the restaurant, Weems was arguing with some people inside. The argument brought police, and Knighten and Weems left. On their way to Weems' house, they stopped at a Huddle House with an empty parking lot, according to the Associated Press. http://www.clarionle...hites/14575453/

#32 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,168 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

I think the old adage says if you go looking for a fight you can usually find one.

The Associated Press reports that Weems went to a Waffle House early Saturday. His friend David Knighten, an Air Force veteran of the Afghanistan war who was with him, told reporters that a man told him politely outside the restaurant that it wasn't a safe place for whites, because people were upset by the killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.
Knighten said when he entered the restaurant, Weems was arguing with some people inside. The argument brought police, and Knighten and Weems left. On their way to Weems' house, they stopped at a Huddle House with an empty parking lot, according to the Associated Press. http://www.clarionle...hites/14575453/

The pussified un-white thugs followed the two un-black guys for quite some time. So yeah, you're right, the un-white guys found a fight. Too bad some of them didn't get some extra holes in their bodies to hang some more bling on......

#33 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Not sure what your point is, Who followed the two VETS to a second location and attacked them?

#34 JMD

JMD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

It always lends more gravitas to the Outrage of the Day.

"Marine vet told to take down flag by HOA"

"Iraq vet asked to remove gun shirt at Six Flags"

Which is not to say that I don't see the hypocrisy in the lack of outrage over the events in the OP.

#35 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,304 posts

I reckon I'll wait until they release the video to decide what happened.  

#36 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Not sure what your point is, Who followed the two VETS to a second location and attacked them?

The police chief seems to think it amounts to little to nothing.

"This does not appear to be a hate crime," he said in the press release. "We are investigating this as an aggravated assault. It's very early in this investigation but thus far the evidence and statements suggest that a verbal altercation turned physical and somebody got hurt." http://www.nola.com/...en_after_h.html

#37 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

Does the word vet offend you? I used it to show that, as their commander in chief Obama should care that VETS were brutally attacked by a bunch of people that looked like the son he might of had.

#38 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,168 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

That police chief have a brother that runs the Ferguson, Mo. PD?.....

#39 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,304 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

>"This does not appear to be a hate crime," he said in the press release. "We are investigating this as an aggravated assault. It's very early in this investigation but thus far the evidence and statements suggest that a verbal altercation turned physical and somebody got hurt." http://www.nola.com/...en_after_h.html

Don't set the hook until it is swallowed.  Lower the drag, give plenty of line.  

#40 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

"This does not appear to be a hate crime," he said in the press release. "We are investigating this as an aggravated assault. It's very early in this investigation but thus far the evidence and statements suggest that a verbal altercation turned physical and somebody got hurt." http://www.nola.com/...en_after_h.html

You have a bad habit of putting your thoughts in other peoples statements. so please provide a cite from the police chief that says that a person beaten into a comma amounts to little or nothing.

#41 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

Does the word vet offend you? I used it to show that, as their commander in chief Obama should care that VETS were brutally attacked by a bunch of people that looked like the son he might of had.

EVENT, August 29, 1983 -- Two Marines were killed and 14 wounded in Beirut.

REAGAN OPTICS, August 29, 1983 -- Reagan remained on vacation at Rancho Del Cielo, California.

EVENT, September 1, 1983 -- Reagan was still on vacation in California when the Soviets shot down Korean Airlines Flight 007.

REAGAN OPTICS, September 1, 1983 -- According to Fox News Channel's Chris Wallace, as well as contemporaneous accounts, Reagan planned to remain on vacation until he was photographed horseback riding and was convinced to return to the White House.

EVENT, October 22, 1983 -- The administration began planning its military incursion into Grenada.

REAGAN OPTICS, October 22, 1983 -- Reagan remained on vacation at the Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia. Repeat: golf resort. Here are three strikingly presidential photos from Augusta -- the golf resort! First, Reagan in his jammies being briefed on the Grenada plans, then, later hitting the links. Where were the Republicans of 2014 to scold him?

President Reagan was still on vacation at the GOLF! resort the next day when the Marine barracks in Beirut were bombed, killing 241 Marines.

EVENT, July 18, 1984 -- 21 people were killed and 19 wounded when a gunman entered a San Ysidro, California McDonald's and opened fire.

REAGAN OPTICS, July 21, 1984 -- On the day when many of the gun massacre victims were to be buried, Reagan went horseback riding at Camp David.

EVENT, April 2, 1986 -- Four Americans were killed in a terrorist attack at a TWA counter at the Athens Airport, Greece.

REAGAN OPTICS, April 4, 1986 -- Two days later, here's Reagan's uber-presidential optics, while on vacation (!!) at Rancho Del Cielo:

EVENT, September 5, 1986 -- The Pakistani military stormed the hijacked Pan Am Flight 73. Twenty-two people were killed, including two Americans, and 150 were injured.

REAGAN OPTICS, September 6, 1986 -- Again, while on vacation at his California ranch, Reagan went horseback riding with the First Lady and was photographed with a "Just Say No" sign.

Reagan is lucky he wasn't black because there would have been hell to pay for that.

#42 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,671 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

>"This does not appear to be a hate crime," he said in the press release. "We are investigating this as an aggravated assault. It's very early in this investigation but thus far the evidence and statements suggest that a verbal altercation turned physical and somebody got hurt." http://www.nola.com/...en_after_h.html

I think the Police chief is probably right to disregard this as a hate crime.....  Seems he knows all the facts of the case and must be trustworthy to make that call.  I can see why......

brinkley.png

Police Chief of West Point, MS

#43 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,168 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

Great, I wonder how many of the un-white thugs are related to him.....

#44 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,671 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

They left after an argument that brought police, Knighten said. He told AP he showed those officers his .45-caliber handgun and his concealed carry permit.

What I want to know is why did the Marine's friend let him get beaten into a coma when he had the tool to stop it?  Any chance you think he was afraid that another shooting of a black man would land him in the same hot water as the Ferguson cop, despite it being a justified use of force to protect his friend from being killed or crippled?  

#45 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,168 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

Couldn't get a clear shot, or he had been drinking? ....

#46 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,946 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

Does unarmed "black" teenager make some feel justificated?

#47 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,946 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Amazing how selective you are when it comes to buying into what a police chief says before all the info is made available to the public.

#48 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,168 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Does unarmed "black" teenager make some feel justificated?

I like Gentle Giant myself. ....

#49 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

BL routinely fishes with the wrong bait. For example the police chief full statement included this. "But if it appears it was a hate crime as we get further into the investigation, then we will treat it as such."

Does anyone really think the police chief stated that a man followed, attacked and kicked into a comma, by twenty men amounts to little or nothing?

#50 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

You have a bad habit of putting your thoughts in other peoples statements. so please provide a cite from the police chief that says that a person beaten into a comma amounts to little or nothing.

Learn to read bozo. The link I submitted has the Chief of Police statement. If you have anything else it isn't from that NOLA link.

Edit to add: learn to spell also.

#51 tikipete

tikipete

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,590 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

BL routinely fishes with the wrong bait. For example the police chief full statement included this. "But if it appears it was a hate crime as we get further into the investigation, then we will treat it as such."

Does anyone really think the police chief stated that a man followed, attacked and kicked into a comma, by twenty men amounts to little or nothing?

I don't but that won't stop  the formation of more white militant groups.

Personal observation: for some decades young blacks, those never affected by segregation, have become increasingly violent. Imo we have been in a low grade race war since MLK was killed and it is about to heat up.

#52 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

Nope, no offense, but I fail to see why vets should get preferred sympathy over any other citizen. It's not like they walk around with "I'm a vet" name cards looking for preferential treatment.

#53 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

Learn to read bozo. The link I submitted has the Chief of Police statement. If you have anything else it isn't from that NOLA link.

LIAR. You stated and I quote. "The police chief seems to think it amounts to little to nothing."

When in fact he implied nothing like what you claimed.

#54 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,304 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

Reckon I'll wait to see the surveillance video before serving up any heaping helpings of what could end up being second hand malarkey to be consumed later.

#55 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

LIAR. You stated and I quote. "The police chief seems to think it amounts to little to nothing."

I quoted the police chief's statement verbatim from the NOLA article. If you have a difference of opinion as to what the chief meant you are entitled to that position. You are not entitled to call people liars when all they have presented is the written word. Your apology would be appropriate about now.

#56 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,946 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Reckon I'll wait to see the surveillance video before serving up any heaping helpings of what could end up being second hand malarkey to be consumed later.

Why so timid?  We have an eye witness account and a statement from the police chief.   The race of the victim and attackers is known, as is the race of the police chief.

This is the most obvious case of a hate crime with police cover-up since Ferguson.

No justice, no moderately angry op-eds and blog posts!

#57 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

I think the Police chief is probably right to disregard this as a hate crime.....  Seems he knows all the facts of the case and must be trustworthy to make that call.  I can see why......

brinkley.png

Can you provide a cite for that? I can't independently verify it.

#58 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,233 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

What I want to know is why did the Marine's friend let him get beaten into a coma when he had the tool to stop it?  Any chance you think he was afraid that another shooting of a black man would land him in the same hot water as the Ferguson cop, despite it being a justified use of force to protect his friend from being killed or crippled?  

More likely he is a math wiz.. 7 round 1911 magazine... 20 attackers.  Be lucky to take down 3 people before he was dead meat. 

#59 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,946 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

brinkley.png

Can you provide a cite for that? I can't independently verify it.

Took all of 10 seconds with Google --

Brinkley named West Point Police Chief — City denies Garnett subdivision (link)

WP-brinkley-300x230.jpg

#60 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

I quoted the police chief's statement verbatim from the NOLA article. If you have a difference of opinion as to what the chief meant you are entitled to that position. You are not entitled to call people liars when all they have presented is the written word. Your apology would be appropriate about now.
you do understand that his whole statement was already posted and linked prior to your cherry picked cite. Still waiting for his statement that a man that needed brain surgery after being brutally beating amounted to little or nothing.

#61 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

you do understand that his whole statement was already posted and linked prior to your cherry picked cite. Still waiting for his statement that a man that needed brain surgery after being brutally beating amounted to little or nothing.

That was the official police statement as reported by the Associated Press and published by NOLA. There is no "cherry picking" it is what it is. The police (according to the article), are investigating charges of aggravated assault, which are serious charges by itself. What the police said, is that the investigation thus far shows no evidence of a hate crime. That by itself blows a rather large hole in your attempt to paint it such.

#62 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,563 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

<SNIP>

That was the official police statement as reported by the Associated Press and published by NOLA. There is no "cherry picking" it is what it is. The police (according to the article), are investigating charges of aggravated assault, which are serious charges by itself. What the police said, is that the investigation thus far shows no evidence of a hate crime. That by itself blows a rather large hole in your attempt to paint it such.

Yet, in very similar circumstances, you are quite quick to decry the police decisions as being motivated by something other than appropiate exercise of discretion....  Way to stay consistent. 

#63 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,168 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

Consistent? Like old epoxy consistent? ......

#64 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

Well the police chief has ruled out a hate crime so no need for the Reverend Sharpton to head down.  Unless they change their minds then look out they will all head down to protect any black person arrested.

But Brinkley was hesitant to label the incident as racially motivated. He said his investigation has turned up no evidence of racial slurs, and if slurs were used, that does not automatically qualify the case as a hate crime.
“And right now we are investigating it as an aggravated assault, not a hate crime. We know there’s an aggravated assault, we don’t know that the actions and the evidence will support a hate crime, but if we get enough evidence to support that then we can amend the charges at that time,” Brinkley said in a phone interview Monday.
“But for now it’s just an aggravated assault. Just because the suspects are black and the victim was white, on the face of it, does not mean that it was a hate crime. But if it appears it was a hate crime as we get further into the investigation, then we will treat it as such.
Actually I think his standard is outstanding, just wish that standard applied when the colors are reversed

Hey BL lyng again? Post 15 where I clearly state that not labeling it a hate crime was the correct standard. What was Sol's line about setting the hook. FISH ON!!

#65 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,168 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

You know what, Guys? I honestly think that it's about time for our President to take up where Rodney King left off and do a special news/conference thingy piece along the lines of the 'Can't we all just get along?' song. I think he really, REALLY needs to address this shit......

#66 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hey BL lyng again? Post 15 where I clearly state that not labeling it a hate crime was the correct standard. What was Sol's line about setting the hook. FISH ON!!

I don't write the headlines, but apparently some closet racist does

#67 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

But Brinkley was hesitant to label the incident as racially motivated. He said his investigation has turned up no evidence of racial slurs, and if slurs were used, that does not automatically qualify the case as a hate crime.And right now we are investigating it as an aggravated assault, not a hate crime. We know theres an aggravated assault, we dont know that the actions and the evidence will support a hate crime, but if we get enough evidence to support that then we can amend the charges at that time, Brinkley said in a phone interview Monday.But for now its just an aggravated assault. Just because the suspects are black and the victim was white, on the face of it, does not mean that it was a hate crime. But if it appears it was a hate crime as we get further into the investigation, then we will treat it as such.

Could you point to the error in that headline? And how anything I posted shows I'm a racist?

BL Getting desperate. So many lies so few facts.

#68 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,304 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

More likely he is a math wiz.. 7 round 1911 magazine... 20 attackers.  Be lucky to take down 3 people before he was dead meat. 

Yoo Hoo, Colonel Eye Socket:

As for Knigthen's report of more than 20 attackers, the chief said, "From what we have seen from surveillance video and from what other witnesses say, it doesn't appear it's going to be nearly that many."

Keep spreading that Malarkey.  

#69 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,168 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

So 8, 11 or 17 would be acceptable? .......

#70 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

But Brinkley was hesitant to label the incident as racially motivated. He said his investigation has turned up no evidence of racial slurs, and if slurs were used, that does not automatically qualify the case as a hate crime.And right now we are investigating it as an aggravated assault, not a hate crime. We know theres an aggravated assault, we dont know that the actions and the evidence will support a hate crime, but if we get enough evidence to support that then we can amend the charges at that time, Brinkley said in a phone interview Monday.But for now its just an aggravated assault. Just because the suspects are black and the victim was white, on the face of it, does not mean that it was a hate crime. But if it appears it was a hate crime as we get further into the investigation, then we will treat it as such.

Could you point to the error in that headline? And how anything I posted shows I'm a racist?

TM,

It is hard to believe how incredibly stupid you are.

Stupid so dense that no intelligence can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot summer day on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one minute than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. It cannot be possible that anything in our universe can really be this stupid. This is a primordial fragment from the original big stupid bang. A pure extract of stupid with absolute stupid purity. Stupid beyond the laws of nature.

And the funny thing is you still won't get it.

#71 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,304 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

So 8, 11 or 17 would be acceptable? .......

Like I said...there's surveillance video.  I'll wait to see that before hopping on today's version of the be-afraid-of-black-people express.  

From 7 to 20 in one hour.   That malarkey was easy to sniff. It's like saying "okay, so we were bullshitting about the eye socket, but look at those bruises!"  It must suck being taken by the same sources day in, day out, and never coming around to questioning why one falls for that stuff.  I'd be embarrassed if I fell for that stuff every time, though I do fall for it now and again, admittedly.  

#72 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,293 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Couldn't get a clear shot, or he had been drinking? ....

Huddle House at 1 am. Safe bet, drunk ... unless he was a cop, a weary traveler or clinically insane. There can be no other options, it's Huddle House at 1 am.

#73 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

TM,
It is hard to believe how incredibly stupid you are.

Stupid so dense that no intelligence can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot summer day on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one minute than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. It cannot be possible that anything in our universe can really be this stupid. This is a primordial fragment from the original big stupid bang. A pure extract of stupid with absolute stupid purity. Stupid beyond the laws of nature.

And the funny thing is you still won't get it.
When you are caught spreading malarkey I think that rant amounts to little to nothing

#74 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

There is a little tid bit in there that I find interesting. You claim that the link was published in a New Orleans paper. Yet the link included in YOUR post is from a Mississippi paper the clarion ledger Hmm why would someone in CA be reading NOLA. Notice I kept all gender references out of my post. Always suspected You were Ellie who we all know lives in NO. Might be wrong, but every once in a while things like this slip out.

#75 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

I wish you would learn how to read. I used the Clarion link for post #31 and the NOLA link with the statement from the Police Chief  at post #36. No mystery at all just advanced reading and comprehension required.

#76 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:32 PM

I wish you would learn how to read. I used the Clarion link for post #31 and the NOLA link with the statement from the Police Chief  at post #36. No mystery at all just advanced reading and comprehension required.

that's too much for the average neanderthal on this board....

#77 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:40 PM

Oh Neanderthal, racist and 11 stupids in one post. You do understand that google uses your IP address when you search right? Helps to use sources near your ip location. Carry on with the insults they are kinda cute. Miss the bouncing tits though.

#78 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,304 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM

I think we can all agree that 75 black men beating on a decorated war hero is a hate crime, can we not?  

#79 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:48 PM

Oh Neanderthal, racist and 11 stupids in one post. You do understand that google uses your IP address when you search right? Helps to use sources near your ip location. Carry on with the insults they are kinda cute. Miss the bouncing tits though.

Duh, TM, if I'm researching a story that happened in Mississippi, wouldn't Google be my friend if I were looking for regional coverage that might have additional information for me that might not be found in my own west coast news sources? Don't answer, I'm sure you still don't get it. I never believed it possible for anything in this universe to be as stupid as you as you prove with each post.

#80 another 505 sailor

another 505 sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:16 AM

From the initial reports, it looks like the white guy was an innocent victim.

And from the initial reports, the 2 white guys were pretty stupid on several fronts.
I wonder what the victim said?

#81 bgytr

bgytr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

And from the initial reports, the 2 white guys were pretty stupid on several fronts.

What were they stupid about?

#82 mikeys clone no1

mikeys clone no1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:32 AM

I think we can all agree that 75 black men beating on a decorated war hero is a hate crime, can we not?  

depends. what colour is the decorated war hero's skin? 

is it necessary to mention the skin colour of the attackers? is it necessary to mention the history of the victim?

is "75 black men" enough people to be considered a community? or just a team?

#83 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

You think he had it 'comin?

#84 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

Situational awareness.

#85 bgytr

bgytr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:48 AM

Situational awareness.

What about the "situation" made them stupid?

#86 puffyjman

puffyjman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts
  • Interests:j-boats, growing jalapenos and other horticultural experiments, chocolate labs,(R.I.P. Dexter my friend) bitching and complaining

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:50 AM

Situational awareness.

The gentle giant could have benefited from your advice.

#87 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:51 AM

Situational awareness.

He was told not to go into the restaurant because there was trouble in there.  He went looking for trouble.  He found it.

#88 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

Situational awareness.

Yup.  Don't disrespect a cop.  Its deadly.

#89 puffyjman

puffyjman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

Situational awareness.
Yup.  Don't disrespect a cop.  Its deadly.
Exactly.

#90 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:03 AM

Cops are super-citizens.  They have special rights and powers.  They must be respected.  Anything less than total submission warrants death.  Death to the disrespectful.

#91 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,946 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

Hate to answer a question with a question, but If he didn't suffer a fractured eye socket, was he actually beaten?

#92 bgytr

bgytr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

Situational awareness.
He was told not to go into the restaurant because there was trouble in there.  He went looking for trouble.  He found it.

Trouble based on the color of their skin? Why would that be trouble?

#93 puffyjman

puffyjman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:13 AM

Cops are super-citizens.  They have special rights and powers.  They must be respected.  Anything less than total submission warrants death.  Death to the disrespectful.

Maybe in your world of absolutes that is true but in the real world there are those of us that have half a brain. Using your lodgic in the thread about the 9 yo with the Uzi, Wilson may have cleaned up the gene pool a little.

Maybe in your world of absolutes that is true but in the real world there are those of us that have half a brain. Using your lodgic in the thread about the 9 yo with the Uzi, Wilson may have cleaned up the gene pool a little.

#94 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,946 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:14 AM

Situational awareness.

What about walking down the center of a road and ignoring a cop's demand to get on the sidewalk?  You are so contradictory it would be painful if I actually took you seriously.

The preliminary evidence shows that they left the restaurant they were warned about, went to another one, and he still got his ass kicked. 

Maybe they were motivated by hunger and not looking for a fight.

#95 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:40 AM

Hate to answer a question with a question, but If he didn't suffer a fractured eye socket, was he actually beaten?

I think if there was a rumor of a coma, but  his skull was fractured with brain swelling, then the entire incident can be re-classified as a playground injury

#96 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:41 AM

I'm all set to join in the rioting.... Oh wait a minute.

#97 another 505 sailor

another 505 sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:46 AM

The preliminary evidence shows that they left the restaurant they were warned about, went to another one, and he still got his ass kicked. 

Maybe they were motivated by hunger and not looking for a fight.

They still went into the Waffle Hut though.

Then later, after they realized they were being followed, why did they stop? Why did they get out of their car? Why didn't they drive to a police station?

I wonder what the innocent white victim said at the start?

#98 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

Situational awareness.
If only he'd chosen to shove a store clerk around and steal instead of buying shitty waffles, then he'd be your own little civil rights hero.

#99 tikipete

tikipete

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,590 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

The potential for black on white violence.

#100 bgytr

bgytr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:08 AM

The potential for black on white violence.

that would never happen... right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users