1 reply to this topic

#1 Kent H

Kent H

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Yachtworld has become the number one Brokerage site in a number of large areas.  However there continues to be complaints about the functionality and administration of the site.  So here is an opportunity to add your complaint and perhaps learn a work around from another poster. 

http://Yachtworld.com

My complaints

1. Lack of policing the site by admins.  Renegade Dealers seem to post in any category that they want to.  "Race Boat" is definitely not a 1977 Gulfstar center-cockpit.

2. A growing number of buyers want to buy a Fresh water boat.  This is especially true in North America.  There isn't a Fresh Water Category.  Worse, The Great Lakes leaves out boats on the US side of Ontario!  This is due to New York State having both fresh and salt water ports. 

3. Auction!  The lack of a dedicated category for Auction Boats.

If we get a decent amount of ideas for improvement I will forward the link to Yachtworld.com    The one item that I am sure is non-negotiable is that only Dealers can list on Yachtworld.com    This has worked for the site and I doubt it will change. 

#2 Greyhound37

Greyhound37

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Interests:cycling, Sailing, running and wine.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

1. Lack of policing the site by admins.  Renegade Dealers seem to post in any category that they want to.  "Race Boat" is definitely not a 1977 Gulfstar center-cockpit.

This is the internet and shoppers commonly make entry errors so the dealer tries to expand with as many categories as he can list under. I have raced slower boats. Could be a Gulfstar with a T keel, carbon rig... 

2. A growing number of buyers want to buy a Fresh water boat.  This is especially true in North America.  There isn't a Fresh Water Category.  Worse, The Great Lakes leaves out boats on the US side of Ontario!  This is due to New York State having both fresh and salt water ports. 

Impossible to guarantee accuracy. Jacksonville FL boats are listed as fresh water because they are up the river. There is enough salt in the JX air to corrode.

3. Auction!  The lack of a dedicated category for Auction Boats.

Thats ebay, not yachtworld. 

If we get a decent amount of ideas for improvement I will forward the link to Yachtworld.com    The one item that I am sure is non-negotiable is that only Dealers can list on Yachtworld.com    This has worked for the site and I doubt it will change. 

Yes it has been a highly successful broker/dealer tool since the late '90's. That is its intent. Many other sites take private sellers and brokers. Yachtworld is focused and the parent company owns many publication supported by the dealer network.

YW does police the site for false or misleading information. Dealers posting boats that do not exist just to get the inquiry. Pretty rare these days. No broker can afford to get kicked off YW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users