3200 replies to this topic

#1501 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

Watching the americas cup on youtube and there is a Go the Catherine in there!

Awesome - you go MSG!

Far out! Got a link? I'm sailing the AC!!!!!!!!!!! And I thought that ride on The Wave Muscat was the shit in Boston back on July 4th during the Extreme 40 Series. Hot damn. The motherfucking AC. Am I big time now?

This was a great post to read as I just burst into tears, full of fear and sorrow, mostly fear. Will pull it together, find my strength to address NS and Moose.

I feel so afraid and I hate it as its a beautiful bright sunny day outside, Dan and Zeke are napping in the other room and I ate a really nice potato soup for lunch which helps build my strength up and will help remove the 3 gallons of water (that's 24.9 pounds) that has accumulated in my legs. They are 3x their normal size. I want off the water pills and I want someone to take my walker downstairs so I can walk to the next house and back. That was todays goal.

I want to stop crying and I want to be able to poop out my ass like normal people and I want my goddamn Mommy. I'm 42 years old and I want my fucking Mommy. I hate feeling this. i can't find my strength and I know its here somewhere.

#1502 GRUMPY

GRUMPY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,680 posts
  • Interests:Hobie Miracle 20

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

I want to give you a cuddle. You and your bag both.

#1503 Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

It's OK to be afraid. Walking you through this is what your frends are for. We're all here for you and will carry you when your strength is low.

#1504 Hike, Bitches!

Hike, Bitches!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:46 PM

Hang in there MSG...wake up Dan if you need to...that's why he's there. He'll catch another snooze when you are zonked out.

#1505 dog of war

dog of war

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:sailing fast

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

We love you MSG each and everone one of us loves you!!!

#1506 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

Thanks all. I guess i just needed a good cry and some Jerry. Today's theme song is:

I can do this. I will be so rich and make cancer so poor.

#1507 PDG

PDG

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.
-Mohandas Gandhi

You have far more power than cancer does. Remember that fear is not cowardice. Be strong and be well.

-Pat

#1508 Blowhard

Blowhard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

Mrs. Blowhard and I are both thinking of you tonight -- it WILL get better. Courage, my friend, you have in abundance. You're using it well. Keep on keepin' on. J

#1509 2_Hulls

2_Hulls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

Hang in there girl, we're all here for you, even those of us that don't know you personally...

#1510 2_Hulls

2_Hulls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

Hang in there girl, we're all here for you, even those of us that don't know you personally...

#1511 cad99uk

cad99uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

MSG,

Long time lurker, but sending you good wishes from the UK.

My #1 son had emergency brain surgery literally on the eve of his 21st birthday. It came completely out of the blue. So it was a great shock for all of us.

It took a year to get the wheels back on his wagon, but four years later he has finished his degree and just got married.

So, as others have said, it will be a bit of a marathon but you will be able to do it. Stay strong.

#1512 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

Mrs. Blowhard and I are both thinking of you tonight -- it WILL get better. Courage, my friend, you have in abundance. You're using it well. Keep on keepin' on. J

Thank J and G. Have some red wine, maybe dance around your living room thinking of me. Raise a few flags too,but no black ones. :D
Thanks for this post, it is good to feel so believed in. And it must mean also, your eye is healing well. ;)

#1513 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

MSG,

My #1 son had emergency brain surgery literally on the eve of his 21st birthday. It came completely out of the blue. So it was a great shock for all of us.

It took a year to get the wheels back on his wagon, but four years later he has finished his degree and just got married.

So, as others have said, it will be a bit of a marathon but you will be able to do it. Stay strong.

This is inspiring news about your son's story. To be so young.... brain surgery! good lord! What is happening with me is fine, I'm fine. Congrats on his marriage and recovery. i know you love him more than anything. Thanks. The perspective helps.

where in the uk? i lived in dorset for awhile, in a re-designed barn near Bridport. loved it.

#1514 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

Dunno, M. It really isn't a good color on you. :P

#1515 cad99uk

cad99uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:48 PM

MSG,

This is inspiring news about your son's story. To be so young.... brain surgery! good lord! What is happening with me is fine, I'm fine. Congrats on his marriage and recovery. i know you love him more than anything. Thanks. The perspective helps.

where in the uk? i lived in dorset for awhile, in a re-designed barn near Bridport. loved it.

We are in the South West too, just north of Bristol. Yes, it is a nice part of the world. Easy access to Devon, Cornwall and Wales.

You are also helping many of us to put things into perspective. Have a good evening and a good nights sleep.

#1516 jibjazz

jibjazz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:Sailing.
    Thinking about sailing.

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

What a shock to read about this, MSG. Been out for a couple years & now catching up. This is a long thread to catch up on & then see this here.

My dad went through that, spent the rest of his life 'brown-bagging it', as we dubbed it. (Name that brown bag something. It really does help to deal with it.) Do yourself - do us - a favor & when they declare you free & clear (cuz we all know you'll win this thing) PLEASE continue to see your doc for your check-ups like religion! After Dad was declared free & clear, his doctor didn't schedule those appointments & one day it was too late. Better to go through those unpleasant visits & not need them than to not go & find out you should have. Of course, I know you will.

Wish I'd gotten back online a couple weeks ago - I was in Albany on business. Could have stopped by with cookies or flowers or whatever & maybe some encouragement.

And they're right - if you want something or don't want something, be it food, help, company - tell people. When they want to help, they'll help. And if you need alone time to recuperate, they'll understand that too.

I'm glad you're home, that's a good sign & a good thing. We're all pulling for you.

#1517 pipsqueak

pipsqueak

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

keep your feet propped up, hon. it will help your legs de-swell. maybe a pot of mint tea would help? i'm so sorry you are suffering. bitch away! sailors are unfazed by salty talk.
we've got that wild, cripsy wind over here in maine today too..i'm not welcoming it, feels like a bitch slap to summer and i hate to say goodbye.
i'm really thrilled you are home! it is a momentous coup to get out of that awful hospital! well done!
one (ironic) perk to your diagnosis is that you now qualify for a medical marijane card here in maine. if you think it might come in handy, just ask your doc for a written 'recommendation' and i can look into the necessaries for you to aquire one. if you do need at some point to go back to the hospital for a 'tune up', it might allow you the comfort of your weed while incarcerated?
thanks DTM for your intro..welcome to the madhouse! we are all so grateful to you for looking after our MSG!!!
we are all so proud of you Catherine..you are so courageous! keep fighting and don't worry if you need a few huge crying jags, they are part of the healing process.
i think the body grieves for the parts that are removed but has a short memory, so that won't bog you down too long.
we should get an awesome moon tonight with these wild skies..it's been really bright. tonight looks like waning 3/4 thank god you are here to enjoy it with us! xoxoxo
sending you this tune:

#1518 NonSequitur

NonSequitur

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

MSG,
Finding your strength.....look to Dan, your parents, and those around you for external sources of strength when you can't seem to find your own. Your own will return, but it might need a bit of coaching. In the meantime, those who love you will want nothing more than to give you what strength, encouragement, and help you need.

The ostomy.....No one asked you. It's not fair. FUCK!

It doesn't matter. It's there, and is necessary. Sitting to shit ain't that great a thing anyway (its just what you're used to). Adapt to it. Take ownership of it before it takes ownership of you (naming it is a little part of that).

HOLD FAST
NS

#1519 NonSequitur

NonSequitur

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:05 PM

Oh yeah, fluid.....Get (and keep on) moving. The more you move the more fluid will get pumped back into your bloodstream, the more your heart and kidneys will process, the faster you'll pee it away. But it takes time. Took me about 2 weeks post op to clear the same amount after my last surgery. I bet you can beat that though....

And when your sitting, put your feet up.

#1520 yowie

yowie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

Take care,sorry to hear of your illness!

Lots of us are rooting for you, Catherine

#1521 Touch of Gray

Touch of Gray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Interests:SA

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:38 PM

Thanks all. I guess i just needed a good cry and some Jerry. Today's theme song is:

Peeker's been covering for the TOG family, but since you brought up Jerry . . . well then I can say I've been on board the whole time. So go gurl!

TOG, Bill and Kathleen

#1522 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:53 PM

Evo: goal is December to watch the start of the Syd-Hobart Race. Watch. Not sail it, I ain't crazy. :)

and New Years Eve!.....excellent.

yeah...it's difficult to know anything about shoes when you don't wear them

#1523 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:56 PM

Dunno, M. It really isn't a good color on you. :P

don't scare him C...that was a really big step :ph34r:

#1524 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts
  • Interests:Not dying.

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:00 AM

Evo: goal is December to watch the start of the Syd-Hobart Race. Watch. Not sail it, I ain't crazy. :)

and New Years Eve!.....excellent.

yeah...it's difficult to know anything about shoes when you don't wear them

Shoes are sooooo over-fuking-rated........

Posted Image

#1525 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:46 AM

Absolutely Rico....i should imagine Catherine will be shoeless in the ocean on Christmas Day so we had better get the appropriate pic to match yours....the world will be pleased that the only feet shown will be those of the atherines (C&K)....and maybe the odd parrot

#1526 peeker

peeker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:just moved from starboard coast to the leeward coast.

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:47 AM

Rick, just curious, how many pics of your feet do you have? They seem to show up quite often! :blink:

#1527 L Z

L Z

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

That is so so awesome my Dear!!! :D:D:D Welcome Home! :D:D:D

By the way, just in case it feels a little "crowded", we "virtually" moved in to be with you and we're not leaving until you're good.

Take your time, get well. We're here for ya.

Cheers and thinking of ya.

LZ

#1528 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,879 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

Rick, just curious, how many pics of your feet do you have? They seem to show up quite often! :blink:

welle therire is birthdayes, amniversities,regulre holidayes an arbore daye, weekens, an amydate tjat endes in a y...... :)

#1529 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:24 AM

Not sure, Peeky...but my psych said that I may have a feetish....... :P

#1530 water ratz

water ratz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Sailing...

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:24 AM

Sending LOTS of (((HUGS))) your way from us!

Cry, yell, scream, throw things!!!! it's all ok!

#1531 Bowgirl

Bowgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts
  • Interests:Heineken HPDO, Tempest sailing, tending orchids

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:07 AM

Second night in your own bed. Sleep well dear Catherine.
Rest and heal.
Holding you close.

#1532 riracer

riracer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • Interests:You're on SA and wondering???

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:05 AM

You cry if you need to. It's normal and necessary. Don't beat yourself up for crying. You're a tough woman and I know you can do win this.

#1533 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,016 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:35 AM

Keep it to yourself. Last thing she needs right now is to be exposed to tolio.

#1534 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:44 AM

Heel, Mark. Good boy.

#1535 Boomberries

Boomberries

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts
  • Interests:Offshore and coastal sailing and racing. Classic wooden boats.

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:46 AM

Keep it to yourself. Last thing she needs right now is to be exposed to tolio.

Or Hellitoesis

Welcome home. As others have said - although it may quieten down in here, you are in the thoughts of many. Wishing you continued strength, healing, laughter & friendship

#1536 nobody.really

nobody.really

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:53 AM

Just adding more positive thoughts. Lost four of our family to cancer. Hard to imagine how lucky you are when you have so much to deal with but you have so many friends here and you will make it. I hope your recovery is swift and sure.

Fuck Cancer!

#1537 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

Heel, Mark. Good boy.

Psyched. Give me the word, darling, and I'll post the .....ahem......Sharpie pics.

I will see you sooner than you'll see me in PVD at the boat show.

Hang in there and enjoy the drugs, Darlin'. It'll be an honor to empty yer bag for ya, and shut up. We're tight. I can handle it.:P

#1538 tq2000

tq2000

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • Interests:boats and bourbon

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

Glad to see you are home. A little Saturday morning Grateful Dead for you

PS, Yankees lost.. yay.

#1539 GRUMPY

GRUMPY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,680 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1540 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

Glad to see you are home. A little Saturday morning Grateful Dead for you.

PS, Yankees lost.. yay.

Nice!

EDIT - Drums....into Space.

Blunt up, Love. Medical.....

Here - My link

And you, my dear, with warmest regards to BJ Porter, "Da fuck nut what he is" --

You are magnolia, sugar!!!

#1541 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

Now that you are out and about, I've got two messages for you, Catherine. The first is, I don't do flowers. Go big or go home. I'm dropping people in your front lawn.

Posted Image

I suggest that the next time our friend Dan comes a calling, he brings a rake, a snow shovel and body bags.

Second ....well....

So damned happy you've got belly farts.

Spot on Bevin!

#1542 Happy

Happy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

Hey Cath, wishing you all the best from Airlie Beach. I haven't posted here for a long time (I don't get to sail much anymore) but yourself and the Grumpy one were the fondest connections here. Be strong and treat yourself to the best of whatever helps. Love ya kid.

#1543 Ozee Adventure

Ozee Adventure

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

Have a good day today!
OA

#1544 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

Cheers and thanks! A good day so far, my sister and her family here. I bathed my self for the first time since 9/3. :blink: It took awhile but I did it, by myself and I feel better. I'll take the small steps because they are mine and I am feeling proud of myself now, I am on the mend. I lost about a gallon and a half of fluid during the night last night and have been eating.

There's light and love all around me and it comes from this thread and this community.

"It's even worse than it appears but it's alright
I will get by,
I will survive....."

:wub: Thanks all. I love you.

Hey Cath, wishing you all the best from Airlie Beach. I haven't posted here for a long time (I don't get to sail much anymore) but yourself and the Grumpy one were the fondest connections here. Be strong and treat yourself to the best of whatever helps. Love ya kid.

V! Holy cow! Great to hear from you! Hows the music?

#1545 riggert

riggert

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

Good Luck,

I had 7months of being in and out of hospital - been in remission for over a year and a half now:)

Know what you mean about being able to have a bath by yourself - was dependent on others for way too long.

All the Best from here in NZ,

#1546 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

Catherine -- So damned happy you are bouncing back like a frick'n super ball. I'll convince you to come to SE CT for Frosbiting after I visit you for drinks in V-whoreville. We'll get you out on the water. You won't have to do a thing, except kick back and relax.

Billy Backstay was Bill Murray's stunt double in the movie, though Mr. Murray is a much more accomplished sailor.

Edit -- What's it rate?

#1547 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,248 posts
  • Interests:boats, cars, girls....

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

Very happy to hear of your continuing progress, Catherine!!!

XXOO

#1548 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:38 AM

We'll get you out on the water. You won't have to do a thing, except kick back and relax.

I'd be on foredeck?

#1549 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,359 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:04 AM

Mainsheet:
If you want my HTFU hat just PM me your address and it will go in the mail Tuesday.
It's a stunner.

Attached Files

#1550 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:22 AM

We'll get you out on the water. You won't have to do a thing, except kick back and relax.

I'd be on foredeck?

4 dick? Your survival, from my selfish angle, means that I can have someone to continue to fuck with.

I do love you Catherine, but remember that I also have pictures........of the fucknuts from Cabot cheese.

PM me your address so I can send you some cookies laced with dope.

Say the word, and I'll post the Sharpie pictures. Please, dear, just type the word "word".

Love you!!!

Bob

#1551 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:30 AM

Mainsheet:
If you want my HTFU hat just PM me your address and it will go in the mail Tuesday.
It's a stunner.

It is a stunner, Mr. Perry.

I'll send cookies and a regatta hat. Cripes, I sent one to Cliffy......I'll send a couple to our beloved Catherine.

Maybe bury her in regatta hats? I'll commit to a half dozen.

#1552 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:56 AM

word. bitches.

#1553 GRUMPY

GRUMPY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,680 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:01 AM

Uh oh :ph34r:

Posted Image

#1554 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:20 AM

Mainsheet:
It's a stunner.

Oh Bob, I just couldn't. Its bad enough I have your face on my tank top. :lol:

Ah good, made myself giggle. Was sitting here feeling very afraid, that I will die in 6 months and I don't really have my diagnosis yet, except that I had a cancerous tumor in my colon they removed completely and that during my surgery they found things on my liver. My oncology appt is Wednesday when I will have more info.

It's hard, I don't even know what the hell is going on yet. Knowledge is power and I will know, Wednesday. For now, Tuesday, my staples come out and I focus on healing from my surgery. But I still feel afraid. And, in the existential sense, very much alone, though all you cunts are in my damn house.

#1555 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:30 AM

sneakin into your stash.....messing up the cd collection and short sheeting your bed. yep...we're there

#1556 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:31 AM

Jesus fucking Christ, MSG. "word bitches"? What an attention whore. God...... I really love to hate you.

I gotta visit early whilst you are in a weak state. As the bard, Shakes Beard once said --

There was a horny young girl named Jill,

Who fucked dynamite sticks for a thrill.

They found her vagina, in North Carolina...

and bits of her tits in Brazil.

Just sayin'

Edit - I'll be here all week. Tip your waitress.

#1557 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:11 AM

sneakin into your stash.....messing up the cd collection and short sheeting your bed. yep...we're there

ok, smarty pants. what winnie the pooh character is on the new pajamas i am wearing?

#1558 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:12 AM

tigger

#1559 Dorado

Dorado

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:21 AM

Oooh Oooh . . .

Is it Piglet ??? :P

Attached File  pooh.JPG   55.59K   26 downloads

#1560 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

tigger

No. not wearing elle.

#1561 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

then it has to be Kanga

#1562 Ozee Adventure

Ozee Adventure

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:18 AM

Eeyore!

#1563 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

is this a trick question? you're wearing pajamas?

#1564 Hwyl

Hwyl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

I'm going with Christopher Robin, maybe I should reword that. I vote for Christopher Robin.

#1565 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

Eeyore!

ding!ding!ding!

#1566 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

Eeyore!

ding!ding!ding!

Are they cotton flannels?

#1567 Tunnel Rat

Tunnel Rat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

Piccies or it never happened :D

#1568 GRUMPY

GRUMPY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,680 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

I'm light on for thigh highs girlfriend. You comfy trying some CFMs?

Posted Image

#1569 The Advocate

The Advocate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,350 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

Mainsheet:
It's a stunner.

Oh Bob, I just couldn't. Its bad enough I have your face on my tank top. :lol:

Ah good, made myself giggle. Was sitting here feeling very afraid, that I will die in 6 months and I don't really have my diagnosis yet, except that I had a cancerous tumor in my colon they removed completely and that during my surgery they found things on my liver. My oncology appt is Wednesday when I will have more info.

It's hard, I don't even know what the hell is going on yet. Knowledge is power and I will know, Wednesday. For now, Tuesday, my staples come out and I focus on healing from my surgery. But I still feel afraid. And, in the existential sense, very much alone, though all you cunts are in my damn house.

You still owe CA pics...

Just sayin.

Rock on girl!

#1570 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

Aren't there enough pics of my bewbs here already? The shirt is hanging on the wall by my bed for inspiration. I'll get a pic of me in it, once my arms and torso don't look so awfully skinny and the staples are out. Oh who cares, you just need my bewbs in it....how quickly I forgot. I lost a lot of weight (I estimate 15 pounds in 3 weeks that I really can't afford) They used a child BP cuff on me in hospital a few times.

I have so many questions for my doctors this week. I think I remember one saying the ostomy may be revesable. The hospital visits are just a blur. I realized I was there for 13 days or something reidiculous like that. Long time, I musta been really sick.
I work, used to work, (I'm on disability now apparently, my awesome boss got the paperwork started the day she heard I was admitted) in my Primary Care doctors office and am stopping by there Tuesday to copy some hospital, surgical and colonoscopy reports from my chart. Good benefit. Happy to post pics of my colon if anyone is interested.....

But you know? Despite how this sucks and my fear and grief, this isn't the worst thing that's ever happened in the world. Without sounding glib, I really, I mean really understand the meaning of be thankul for what you have and live each moment. I re-read this entire thread last night and I am once again, amazed at this place. Just floored by the out-pouring here for me. And others who have been touched by this beast. It's a magical place. Keep it coming, it helps me heal.

#1571 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

look it's hard to take you seriously right now Ms C. can't get by the Eeyore jammies without a little giggle

other than that hurry up and heal....there are plans afoot girl. got to get going

#1572 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

look it's hard to take you seriously right now Ms C. can't get by the Eeyore jammies without a little giggle

other than that hurry up and heal....there are plans afoot girl. got to get going

Better than a Snuggie........

#1573 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

Better than a Snuggie........

you know this how Rick?

#1574 2_Hulls

2_Hulls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

Saw this today and thought of you...

Stay strong...

#1575 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:30 AM

would the ones with blue kitty cats on them allow me to be taken a bit more seriously?

i'm a hurryin', leaps and bounds, able to walk for 15 minutes at a stretch now without the walker. :)

#1576 gina

gina

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

would the ones with blue kitty cats on them allow me to be taken a bit more seriously?

i'm a hurryin', leaps and bounds, able to walk for 15 minutes at a stretch now without the walker. :)

Awesome! Just keep on truckin!

#1577 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

love yer werk lady. the esplanade awaits

speaking of smartarse...been trying to get a pic of the birds misbehaving for you. it's exploitation i guess, but their agent must have gotten wind and they are being stubborn. wildlife photography isn't easy unless yer boomer. we persist

#1578 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,248 posts
  • Interests:boats, cars, girls....

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:43 AM

Go Catherine, Go!!

#1579 The Advocate

The Advocate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,350 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:46 AM

Ha! All good. Great to hear you positive.

#1580 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:46 AM

you know this how Rick?

That depends. Wanted to say it before Sol did.

#1581 zerothehero

zerothehero

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts
  • Interests:sailing. Duh.

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:08 AM

MSG, or Catherine, Wow just had a few minutes to sit and read, so sorry to hear everything that has happened. I kept seeing the "Go the Catherine" tag line and was meaning to figure it all out. We'll be pulling for ya here in Central Vt. Sorry I didn't catch on sooner but I haven't been spending much time on SA lately. Most of my time has been with lawyers, flood adjusters, doctors and family. Keep strong.

#1582 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:12 AM

you know this how Rick?

That depends. Wanted to say it before Sol did.

you've left him panting

#1583 Hwyl

Hwyl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:15 AM

Walkers are sometimes called "Zimmer frames" in the UK, it sounds so much more sophisticated. For example "get out of my way or I'll whack you with my Zimmer" has a certain elegance.

Good luck this week

#1584 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:28 AM

Me and Korn with the various pills I am taking for the next few days saying hello and goodnight everyone:

Attached Files

#1585 tdwombat

tdwombat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and Nonsense !

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:29 AM

and so , in the middle of all this the Catherine herself contributes to our Heaven Can Wait campaign ......

How good is that ?

Sod it , this is pretty much a duplicate of post over at CA but what the fuck. I'm seriously blown away by such an act.

:):):)

Again, thanks MSG.

http://www.heavencanwait.com.au/

#1586 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:32 AM

Chicks dig scars, right?

Attached Files

#1587 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:40 AM

and so , in the middle of all this the Catherine herself contributes to our Heaven Can Wait campaign ......

How good is that ?

Sod it , this is pretty much a duplicate of post over at CA but what the fuck. I'm seriously blown away by such an act.

:):):)

Again, thanks MSG.

http://www.heavencanwait.com.au/

Tis a noble cause. The pleasure was all mine. It feels good to give back something when I have gotten so much from this site. But when i am living off ramen noodles in a month, I'm gonna want my 25 buck back. :lol: Happy sailing!

vtfishsailor: hang in there and get your life back in order. I know how hard hit you were by Irene. Thanks for the good wishes and good luck rebuilding. I'm glad you're ok, the other stuff are just things.

hwyl: stay out of my zimmer range. :P thanks for the good wishes.

#1588 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

Chicks dig scars, right?

hmmm...looks 'eerily like the Illawarra line...Now, I don't like to speak Illawarra, but I was shocked, I mean how much can a Koala bear.

Well just then Warra comes out of the kitchen with a few drinks for everybody. Fairdinkum, you've never seen a Coolabah maid. I grabbed a beer and said, "Thanks Warra - tah".

#1589 dantheman

dantheman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:things that are interesting

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:41 AM

Chicks dig scars, right?

we're all quite pleased the surgeon detoured around her belly button rather than spoil such a cute lil' innie....

#1590 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:17 AM

OA says whrite the questions for the Drs down & start a diary of sorts - we understand that once you start any chemo the time/space continuum get very loose :)

#1591 Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

Yikes my dear, your scar's almost as good as mine. ;)

I have ask Catherine, have you counted your staples yet?

As time counts for nothing when you stuck flat on your back, I have to admit I got board and counted them.

167 staples

1300 and something stitches.....

I gave up in the end.

Love your C.

Shaun.

#1592 Hike, Bitches!

Hike, Bitches!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

Hi Catherine. Great pics!

They played TOG on my local classic rock station this morning on my way into work.

You are one hardcore bitch..carry on. B)

#1593 Winever

Winever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

MSG, I know this has been said before so just a reminder, when you go Wednesday take someone with you as a second set of ears, and to ask questions. Being afraid is pretty normal. My fear came from not knowing, John Hopkins took 6 freaking weeks to diagnose. When you know Wednesday, you'll have a better understanding. BIG POSITIVE WAVES coming to you.

Cheers, Win ever.

#1594 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

I only have 32 staples, maybe 33 Shaun. I'll never live up to your expectations. :)

Winever, my list of questions is growing and I have 2 people coming with my: Dan and my Ma, who has 40 years of nursing experience. Almost ALL of my fear is from not knowing, that's a relief to hear. Once I know what I am up against, I have this delusion it will be easier. :huh:

#1595 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,993 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

dont forget to talk like pirate today

#1596 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

I'm wearing my Booty Bag.

#1597 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,993 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

hehehe

#1598 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

Chicks dig scars, right?

Ow damnit!! That is gnarly.

You've got my worst beaten (subdural hematoma '85).

Lay low girlfriend. That zipper needs to settle a little more eh.

Jeebus Catherine!

#1599 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

7 User(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous usersGlad you are checking in on us. :P

#1600 hellion

hellion

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts
  • Interests:sailing | yoga | martial arts | hiking | photography | filmmaking | graphic design | travelling

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

Strength to you dear Catherine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users