• Please log in to reply
3200 replies to this topic

#2601 cad99uk

cad99uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Catherine, We were out on the water today at Chew Valley Lake, south of Bristol UK. It was champagne sailing. As I trimmed the main i was thinking of you. We sailed in the NOW. Appreciating every puff and sparkle of sunshine on the water. We thank you for reminding us to do this.

I hope you and Dan had a good day too.

Stay strong Catherine.

Chris

#2602 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,519 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

its an amazingly small world now.

#2603 Graham M

Graham M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Drivin a 22 wheeler.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

Catherine, Dr. Jack Kruse is a neurosurgeon, he has a web site, you need to talk to him, stay strong, keep an open mind, stay positive.

Graham.

#2604 #13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  • Interests:Antrim 27 and Mercury owner

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Catherine, from my family to you and yours, all the best...
All great things will live on forever, and in your honor my girls are learning all about Karen Carpenter and the joys of "rainy days and Mondays"...
<div>

#2605 Boats13

Boats13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:My wonderful children and my smart,fun, funny and beautiful wife!Sharing: experiences; memories; moments... Building old Jeeps and boats... turning wrenches, shaping wood, welding, moulding fiberglas/resin, photography, cooking, reading, bicycling, and sailing again, SOON! Can you tell I am ADD?

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

Hey, thinking of you and Dand..... hope this was a good day for y'all...
CT

#2606 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,208 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

Catherine, I really suck at dealing with these kinds of topics.... but I sincerely wish you fair winds and an end to your pain and suffering. I lost my father to cancer and my only consolation in losing him was that he was a good man and he was in a FAR better place.

I don't know what awaits us beyoned this life, but I suspect in your case there will be lots of sharpies, copious amounts of adult beverages and you flashing your tits will always appreciated. Unfortunately I don't know you all that well - but I suspect you were one of the few of us here on earth who lived life to the fullest. There's a lesson there for all of us....

You are one of the "good ones" Catherine. Be safe and be well in your journey.

#2607 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

hey Jeff...you should read the thread pinned in GA

#2608 Flatbag

Flatbag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  • Interests:Shattering illusions

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Too much eulogy and good byes here folks! I am still here and i refuse to let this take me. There is hope and what is happening to me, as frightening and heart breaking as it is, is what happens to all of us : NO ONE knows when there time is up. All we have is the NOW.

catherine

Dearest Catherine,
I think of you and I cry. And then I think of you and I smile.

Smile wins :D .

Hugs from downunder
Simon <3

#2609 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts
  • Interests:none

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Too much eulogy and good byes here folks! I am still here and i refuse to let this take me. There is hope and what is happening to me, as frightening and heart breaking as it is, is what happens to all of us : NO ONE knows when there time is up. All we have is the NOW.

catherine

Dearest Catherine,
I think of you and I cry. And then I think of you and I smile.

Smile wins :D .

Hugs from downunder
Simon <3

I truly hate those smiley face emoticon thingies but in this case smiley face wins.

Excellent post.

And lest we forget, another shout out to Dan for all the emotional and physical energies he has dedicated to Lady C. An example for us all in the pay forward game. It does matter.

#2610 Bowgirl

Bowgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts
  • Interests:Heineken HPDO, Tempest sailing, tending orchids

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Dan, and all of MSG's family, are truly amazing strong kind hospitable welcoming people.

Redboat is absolutely correct - the support-team is crucial and Catherine has a great one.

They are all bouyed by the love and support they read from everyone here...and quite honestly they're blown away by it. That is good, strong medicine along with all of the positive energy that flows from here.

GO THE CATHERINE!

#2611 Bad Jelly

Bad Jelly

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

catherine

Hey ya, rather than a whole bunch of eulogies, think of it as a whole bunch of insurance. You now have all you need to post in any "discussion" thread and if anybody starts slinging shit you can now quote right back at them what they really think of you.

#2612 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,865 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

catherine

Hey ya, rather than a whole bunch of eulogies, think of it as a whole bunch of insurance. You now have all you need to post in any "discussion" thread and if anybody starts slinging shit you can now quote right back at them what they really think of you.

Nobody slings shit on SA. Do they? Hmm.

Hi Catherine!

Love.

#2613 Bowgirl

Bowgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

catherine

Oh, Bad Jelly, that's awesome! :D

#2614 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

catherine

always thinkin' ahead of the game :)

#2615 Bad Jelly

Bad Jelly

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Nobody slings shit on SA. Do they? H
Love.

Well, I guess that depends if you are still commando or not

#2616 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Bump...for love.

#2617 FOOKINWAVE

FOOKINWAVE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Plugged in Les Pual unplugged Taylor
    Design construction international shipping!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? Death. What's that , a bonus? I think the life cylce is all backwars. You should die first. Get out of the wayt, Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you are to young, you get a gold watch, you go to work, you work for forthy years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alchol, you party, you get ready for high school. you go to school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities. you become a little baby, you spend nine months warm a bd happy and floating you finish off as an orgasm" JH deep thoughts

#2618 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,682 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

catherine

Well, on the plus side when the docs tell you you can't drink rum at this point you can tell them to get stuffed.

Chin up and all that, I'm not good with these things without waxing all sappy.

#2619 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,865 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

Nobody slings shit on SA. Do they? H
Love.

Well, I guess that depends if you are still commando or not

There is that....

#2620 celphtaught

celphtaught

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts
  • Interests:the great blue yonder. and random bits of string

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

you better fuckin beat this MSG, Rule #76, no excuses play like a champion.

#2621 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,519 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

She's a champ alright.

Sol - get a couple knishes ready for an airdrop.

#2622 BIAM

BIAM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

Best wishes.

#2623 Don'tCallMeJudge

Don'tCallMeJudge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

Strength of spirit, courage and determination should not be discounted. She has an abundance of all three.

GO THE CATHERINE. You are so much more than you give yourself credit for. You may have 'shrunk' on the outside, but your huge heart and that flash of 'bring it!' In your eyes would intimidate me, were I cancer.

Your terms.

I love you. Grace and Dignity.

Yeah! ^ What Carina said ^

Hugs from Colorado today. I went up to the top of Pikes Peak yesterday (14,110') on a cog railway, with a dear friend who is also a cancer survivor. MS fatigue kept me from trying to climb it, but if you can bag a Colorado 14er, sometimes it's worth it no matter how you get there. Plus, they have the most amazing donuts at the top. (Seriously!) The view from the summit was amazing, even if the air was a bit thin. I'm pretty sure I could see Albany from there, so I sent you some most excellent good vibes Karma, and my friend did as well. Keep smiling, darlin'
:)

#2624 #13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

Catherine, from my family to you and yours, all the best...
All great things will live on forever, and in your honor my girls are learning all about Karen Carpenter and the joys of "rainy days and Mondays"...
<div>

Try this again, to see if the picture comes through...

Posted Image
March 24th 2012 by a27usa13, on Flickr

#2625 water ratz

water ratz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Sailing...

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

There's a comfort in this thread. A reminder that no one is alone, that life is still beautiful and that we all go on to our next adventure. We're all part of the great circle of life. No one's life is any greater or any less than any other. Remember to tell those you love that you love them, to take things one day or sometimes just one hour at a time, that there is strength and courage in numbers and that we all get a lifetime here.

Make it nice. Make it count. Remember to smile, it makes the world a better place.

To those fighting cancer and to those whose loved ones are touched by it, may we all continue to thrive and survive.

Peace.

I was reading this thread from the beginning and found this post. Catherine, you have been such a supporter of those affected by this damn fucking disease for such a long time. It is my sincere hope, prayer, and wish upon a star that you become one of the ones who defy the odds.

#2626 sailordave

sailordave

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Boats, Planes, other cool stuff. Playing Bowman. Redheads... blondes and brunettes too.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

Damndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamn.

I go away for a week and this is what I come back to?

Catherine: I do have some pics I took of frogs. I'll send them to you tonight when I get home from work.

Recently I was thinking about all the friends, real and imaginary, (IE internet friends) that I've lost and since I just bought a boat I thought I would take them all sailing w/ me by posting their name and a pic in my logbook.
Well guess what Catherine? YOU ARE NOT going in that logbook yet! So hang in there.

Sh!t. And now I'm supposed to go back to work and concentrate? (this is not a good thing!)

#2627 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,865 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

Love you, Catherine.

#2628 Bowgirl

Bowgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

Loving bump to keep Catherine top-of-mind and keep her and her support team receiving the most good vibes possible.

#2629 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

indeed! love and hugs

#2630 Mistral

Mistral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:35 AM

Catherine, you are in my heart, in my prayers, my thoughts... and you shall remain so.

Peace

D

#2631 Don'tCallMeJudge

Don'tCallMeJudge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

Sending a big hug**

#2632 Bowgirl

Bowgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

Bump because it's 4AM and I don't know what else to do.

I love you Catherine.

#2633 Trickypig

Trickypig

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hi Catherine,

I don't know you other than through reading your posts (and looking at your photos).

Obviously you are doing it tough, but I hope these bastards get a laugh out of you yet...

best wishes.

J

#2634 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

bounce :) to the top! peace and love coming your way, catherine.

#2635 joydot

joydot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

If there is ever a doubt that Catherine should go to Heaven, St Peter need only read this thread. You are so loved that it would be selfish of Him to take you from us too soon. There is too much yet to do.
I feel the fair winds and the itch to sail in my blood. It is what binds us all to you, my dear. Take our strength and love to help you fight for another day.

#2636 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,435 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Good morning Catherine. Hope you have better weather where you are than we have today. When is the party? How can I help?

#2637 Madge

Madge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

Good morning Catherine!

It is a sunny day, with a good breeze. May you find peace in knowing that you have the best fan club of anyone, anywhere in this Universe.

Big hug,

M.

#2638 F-18 5150

F-18 5150

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

No one can "Bounce it to the top" like Elle.
Pin this thread already.

#2639 Bowgirl

Bowgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

No one can "Bounce it to the top" like Elle.
Pin this thread already.

Bouncing it, bumping it ... it gives us something to do when we're feeling oh so very helpless. Don't worry - we'll keep it at the top. ;)

#2640 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hey Catherine, hang in there and don't back down.

#2641 klutz

klutz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

It is a glorious day today here in Florida and I am reminded of OCR's and stalking our favorite para sailor :-) How come you got to sit in his lap when it was my birthday? Oh yeah... you were the lightest.

Love you Catherine! Keep fighting the good fight. We will get to sail together again.... I insist. And you know what a bitch I am when I don't get what I want.
Hoping you are comfortable today and that Dan brings Muttly back to see you,

#2642 Doc Häagen-Dazs

Doc Häagen-Dazs

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? Death. What's that , a bonus? I think the life cylce is all backwars. You should die first. Get out of the wayt, Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you are to young, you get a gold watch, you go to work, you work for forthy years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alchol, you party, you get ready for high school. you go to school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities. you become a little baby, you spend nine months warm a bd happy and floating you finish off as an orgasm" JH deep thoughts

Good thought. 'Way it ought to be!

#2643 sailordave

sailordave

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Boats, Planes, other cool stuff. Playing Bowman. Redheads... blondes and brunettes too.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Thought we all needed a little Jimmy V:

" During his speech the teleprompter stated that he had 30 seconds left, to which Valvano responded, "They got that screen up there flashing 30 seconds, like I care about that screen. I got tumors all over my body and I'm worried about some guy in the back going 30 seconds." His speech included this statement:

To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.[7]

Valvano's ESPY acceptance speech became legendary, and he closed by saying, "Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever. I thank you and God bless you all."

#2644 in_TO

in_TO

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

Sunset and evening star...

#2645 kidkodine

kidkodine

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Water
    Sailing
    Neruo-
    pharmacology
    Nootropics
    Epsom salt
    Old BMW, and Diesel Benzez
    Wet plate photography
    Text based web sites
    crush on elle...

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Fukit all Professor - its not over till its over. Who the fuk knows when that is? Piss and spit till the end.

Love you.

#2646 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,865 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Dan, you rock, man. Thank you for all that you do.

#2647 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,329 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Dan, as our Man on the Ground

What would help You to help us in helping MSG ??

Clean can send Hookers & Blow

But what could the rest of us help with?

(I Really wish I didn't know so many currently fighting the fight as well)

#2648 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

+100

#2649 Winever

Winever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Catherine, my Sunfish needs a new mainsheet. I'd like for it to remind me to live large everyday. If you don't mind what's your favorite color?

Cheers, Winever.

#2650 Dixie

Dixie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

I just keep feeling like Catherine's gonna make it through this squall too. But man oh man has it been a humdinger.
I have kept you in my thoughts MSG. Stay strong girl. We may seem faraway, but we are traveling with you holding you up as best we can.

#2651 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,435 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Catherine:
The sun came out! I walked the dogs. I have a tough week ahead of me. It's the anniversary of Spike's death. Not sure how I'm going to handle it. It does help to know that you are still fighting the battle. I know it's hard. People say, "Oh, I can't imagine." I can. I think. But I kind of enjoy being a part of your cheer leading team. You beat this thing. If I had pom poms and a tutu I'd put it on but not sure if you'd want to see that picture. Beat the cancer then we can all celebrate. I like saying "good morning" to you. My day would be less without that.

Attached Files

#2652 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,365 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Bump for love.

#2653 SF65

SF65

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

Dammit Catherine, you made me sign-in and post for the first time in over two, maybe 3 years.

You are what made this site good in the beginning. I wish you peace. You made and will continue to make a difference.

#2654 Don'tCallMeJudge

Don'tCallMeJudge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Catherine:
The sun came out! I walked the dogs. I have a tough week ahead of me. It's the anniversary of Spike's death. Not sure how I'm going to handle it. It does help to know that you are still fighting the battle. I know it's hard. People say, "Oh, I can't imagine." I can. I think. But I kind of enjoy being a part of your cheer leading team. You beat this thing. If I had pom poms and a tutu I'd put it on but not sure if you'd want to see that picture. Beat the cancer then we can all celebrate. I like saying "good morning" to you. My day would be less without that.

Hang in there Bob (re:Spike), and thanks for being on the Catherine Cheer squad!

#2655 Mike G

Mike G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

Positive thoughts and energy from the left coast....

#2656 dsquared

dsquared

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Catherine, Godspeed on your journey to good health! Sending healing energy in your direction!!!

#2657 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,519 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

Catherine, Godspeed on your journey to good health! Sending healing energy in your direction!!!

Attaboy...

#2658 whiskey

whiskey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

Exactly what needs to be believed. Never give an inch and smile all of the way! Been through cancer and can say that it's harder on the loved ones than it is on the afflicted(may sound strange, but true). Belief can get one through!

#2659 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:49 AM

Exactly what needs to be believed. Never give an inch and smile all of the way! Been through cancer and can say that it's harder on the loved ones than it is on the afflicted(may sound strange, but true). Belief can get one through!

attitiude mackes all the diffence!! :)

#2660 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,365 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

Hey MSG! GETEMOUT!!

:) XXOO

#2661 behappy

behappy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:46 AM

It is not strange. I think it is harder on the loved ones. And we sick ones can get pretty cranky and take it out on them. Support people, friends and families, ROCK!

#2662 Bowgirl

Bowgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

It is not strange. I think it is harder on the loved ones. And we sick ones can get pretty cranky and take it out on them. Support people, friends and families, ROCK!

So very true.

#2663 Chic and Simple

Chic and Simple

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:Travels, reading, movies, snuff bottles, Swath wathes, warm countries, politics (yep! no one is perfect!!!!)

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Enough of good byes, indeed. No one has left. The odds may not be the best, but then... I bet that probably 90%+ of all those who entered WTC on 9/11 had all the odds of making it through the day, and many of them had friends & family in MSG situation, facing lousy odds... Guess what? The odds fooled them all, I am sure many of those lousy" odds are still around, while the rest...

Wfo can say who's the first to leave?

While there's life, there's hope.

Cath, you're a tough chick!! And you are strong. Just keep on living, will you?

Here's looking at you:

Stand by me - Playing for change

.... from around the world.

Perfect Day

Beijinhos!

Maria

#2664 landloc

landloc

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Here's looking at you, kid

#2665 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Bump...bump...bump for love!

#2666 Boats13

Boats13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:My wonderful children and my smart,fun, funny and beautiful wife!Sharing: experiences; memories; moments... Building old Jeeps and boats... turning wrenches, shaping wood, welding, moulding fiberglas/resin, photography, cooking, reading, bicycling, and sailing again, SOON! Can you tell I am ADD?

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Good morning, C and D. Good vibes for a Great Day!!!
CT

#2667 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,435 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Goooooood morning Catherine!

#2668 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Heya catherine!

#2669 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,865 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hi

#2670 Throatwarbler-Mangrove

Throatwarbler-Mangrove

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

'sup?

#2671 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,458 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

I am not afraid to say goodbye today, because I know that, if we both live to see tomorrow, we can say hello again.

Dear Catherine: My personal belief is that the only thing that remains after this is done, is what we've left behind in the hearts of others. I've never met you in person; I've only talked to you on the phone maybe twice; and yet you've brought something positive to my life. I may be only carrying a tiny speck of you, but I'll carry it with honor.

And I'll carry a Sharpie marker, too, just in case we both live long enough to meet in person....

#2672 Madge

Madge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Top of the afternoon to you!

Even middle aged memory cannot affect my thoughts of you:D . I may have forgotten to have a "real" drink last night and forgot my nephew's birthday yesterday, but I have not forgotten all my thoughts about you.

I will apply all my anarchist will power and toast that drink to you this evening.

Lots of hugs and peace,

M.

#2673 froggie

froggie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Good Morning, MSG !!
Hope yours is a great day !!

Just remember - 'Too many hands can be a heck of a lot of fun !!'

Remember sailing out of
Freidrichshafen on the Bodensee?

Attached File  fp001.jpg   250.96K   22 downloads

Oh wait - we haven't done that yet. I get so confused with all the time zones.
Hurry and get well, Liebchen!

#2674 Bowgirl

Bowgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

LUNCH! I owe you an order of stuffed vine leaves the next time I see you - I haven't forgotten. I, on the other hand, am currently enjoying NYC's finest offering... "street meat".

Anyway, all that means is that I've slowed down a little in my day, allowed my thoughts to wander, and they wander happily back to you and your infectious smile.

Sending you lots of happy smiles and love!

#2675 MikeR

MikeR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • Interests:Own a Pearson 10M

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Going to have a D&S at the NYYC tonight for you....keep being tough!

Cheers,

MikeR

#2676 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,519 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

LUNCH! I owe you an order of stuffed vine leaves the next time I see you - I haven't forgotten. I, on the other hand, am currently enjoying NYC's finest offering... "street meat".

Anyway, all that means is that I've slowed down a little in my day, allowed my thoughts to wander, and they wander happily back to you and your infectious smile.

Sending you lots of happy smiles and love!

and someone's going to get a pack of Dunhill's....

#2677 islandgoat2010

islandgoat2010

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

In the words of C.S. Lewis:

You don't have a soul.
You are a soul.
You have a body.

Souls last forever.

#2678 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,519 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

You don't have a soul.
You are a soul.
You have a body.

Souls last forever.

and that is eternally what I believe.

#2679 Geff

Geff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

You don't have a soul.
You are a soul.
You have a body.

Souls last forever.

Very very nice, IG!

#2680 riracer

riracer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • Interests:You're on SA and wondering???

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

You don't have a soul.
You are a soul.
You have a body.

Souls last forever.

True!!!

#2681 #13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

Go the Catherine!!

And it has been a few days of "rainy days and Mondays" here in NorCal.

#2682 joydot

joydot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

Been wearing my Nautica ball cap in true rally cap formation. Go the Catherine!

#2683 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,435 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

Catherine:
I am thinking of you and hoping you had a pleasant day. Mine was bitter sweet. But that's better than just bitter. I've had enough bitter for the rest of my life.

I got an amazing PM from Snags last night. I would truly love to meet the Snaggy one. He is a SA treasure.

#2684 sailingk8

sailingk8

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

Catherine, don't let the bastard ruin your day.

#2685 Flatbag

Flatbag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  • Interests:Shattering illusions

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

It's a lovely autumn Wednesday afternoon here in Melbourne and I am going sailing. Light warm breeze, flat water, a few cold tinnies and some great tunes on the stereo. Wanna come?

You'll be there with me anyway.

Simon

#2686 gina

gina

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:05 AM

Summer's almost here!
Until then, don't forget to wear socks.

#2687 jackdaw

jackdaw

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Interests:The usual stuff.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

Catherine!

Kestrel and I say HI from Lake DeGray. We have been thinking about you a lot today. Love, hugs, and positive thoughts for your new day. We will be back tomorrow...

#2688 Don'tCallMeJudge

Don'tCallMeJudge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

Hi Catherine :D

#2689 Alpha FB

Alpha FB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

Hi Catherine!

Just some sunny greetings from a nice early spring morning in Brussels, Belgium!

#2690 Bowgirl

Bowgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Good morning, my dear. I hope the party animals didn't keep you up last night. :P

#2691 Boats13

Boats13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hope today is better than yesterday, and tomorrow better than today! Sending positive vibes your way...

#2692 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,435 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Goooood morning Catherine!
Here's a row boat for you in case you feel like going for a row later today.

Attached Files

• Attached File  JEN.jpg   66.43K   55 downloads

#2693 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,458 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Good morning Catherine.

#2694 Bowgirl

Bowgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

Donuts for lunch!! ^_^

#2695 Throatwarbler-Mangrove

Throatwarbler-Mangrove

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

Bump. This shouldn't get pushed onto Page 2 by a pointless shitstorm.

#2696 Maxx Baqustae

Maxx Baqustae

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Ummmm......sailboat racing

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Bump. This shouldn't get pushed onto Page 2 by a pointless shitstorm.

Bump - no kidding!

#2697 water ratz

water ratz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Sailing...

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Just got home from work, sending Love, hugs, strength and sharpies your way! B)

#2698 corkob

corkob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:Monohull Offshore racing

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hi Catherine, take no notice of these sanctimonious land-lubbers. Keep giving those cancer cells hell. I hope you'll like this one;

O Lord above, send down a dove
With wings as sharp as razors
To cut the throats of them there blokes
What sells bad beer to sailors.

Best wishes from the Sovereigns.

#2699 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,435 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

Catherine:
You are very quiet. I'm worried.
Please tell me something good.
Or just tell me somethimg.

#2700 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:49 AM

sol and i are sitting here in albany with her sister chris and dan and catherine is sleeping comfortably.
we are having a great visit :) i love her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users