4955 replies to this topic

#4901 Kitty in Drag

Kitty in Drag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm not sure I am going to show up for the brain dump but think it is a good idea. My advise- try to bring the fun back.

Good luck

#4902 bowtostern

bowtostern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

There will be no agenda and no one representing any group other than themselves. My hope is that we can begin to explore, objectively, what people really want as sailors to make things more competitive, fun and the like. We can be open to discussion. We are not calling for any immediate changes but rather trying to figure out what people want rather than telling people what they want. As I said before please remove your yacht club or organization hat at the door and enter the discussion as nothing more than an enthusiastic sailor. While we will certainly touch on the past, the goal here is what we would like to see in a perfect world in the future. Please spread the word...

#4903 stickboy

stickboy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

This year's recipient has always recieved multiple glowing nominations from several members of his crew. All state similar facts, many of which I have heard "directly" from said recipient in the past (hmmm). Eleven past reciepients voted on the slate of nominations. Of those eleven, eight are intimately familiar with the sailing ability, sportsmanship, and contributions of this years recipient. At least six of those eight were in attendance at the infamous Southport Regatta and three were actual witnesses to "The Incident".

I must say, I was surprised. I am more surprised after reviewing the electors and the nominees. Fourteen Gulf of Maine sailors received nominations this year. My personal opinion is that all but one would have been a better choice, though the "one" is actually a far superior sailor. Given the slate, I can not conceptualize the calculus that lead to this outcome.

Thank you. Though I might have been a poorer choice I appreciate your compliment on my sailing ability B)

#4904 Pomme De Terre

Pomme De Terre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

This year's recipient has always recieved multiple glowing nominations from several members of his crew. All state similar facts, many of which I have heard "directly" from said recipient in the past (hmmm). Eleven past reciepients voted on the slate of nominations. Of those eleven, eight are intimately familiar with the sailing ability, sportsmanship, and contributions of this years recipient. At least six of those eight were in attendance at the infamous Southport Regatta and three were actual witnesses to "The Incident".

I must say, I was surprised. I am more surprised after reviewing the electors and the nominees. Fourteen Gulf of Maine sailors received nominations this year. My personal opinion is that all but one would have been a better choice, though the "one" is actually a far superior sailor. Given the slate, I can not conceptualize the calculus that lead to this outcome.

Thank you. Though I might have been a poorer choice I appreciate your compliment on my sailing ability B)

Admiral Stickboy, I can say without reservation that you would have been a better choice all around. -- Spuds

#4905 Blowhard

Blowhard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Is there a subtle, hidden message here, that the December GMORA Board meeting is being held at "Modern Pest Services" in Brunswick?

#4906 Chaise Lounge

Chaise Lounge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:sailing! and taking photographs

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Is there a subtle, hidden message here, that the December GMORA Board meeting is being held at "Modern Pest Services" in Brunswick?

no bugs on us.... been holding the meetings there for several years now, love to see you there....

#4907 bowtostern

bowtostern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO A SCHEDULE CONFLICT BRIAN BORU THE "BRAIN DUMP" SESSION WILL BE THE FOLLOWING WEEK, TUESDAY JANUARY 22ND AT 5PM. PLEAS INVITE EVERYONE YOU FEEL WOULD OFFER PRODUCTIVE CONVERSATION. I WILL BE SENDING OUT A NOTE ON THIS BY EMAIL TO ANOTHER GROUP. I THINK WE ALL OWE IT TO OURSELVES TO LET IT ALL OUT.

#4908 Jangles13

Jangles13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

I can't commute to the area for a Tuesday, but, um... your Caps Lock button is stuck, Sir Stern.

#4909 Chaise Lounge

Chaise Lounge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

What would we talk about? The regatta's and races that yacht clubs and businesses are running in Maine these days? and how they can be more fun? That would be good to talk about? No?

#4910 peeker

peeker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:just moved from starboard coast to the leeward coast.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Just one more quick note of the YOY topic. If it wasn't for him, I seriously doubt I would know any of you. My sailing skills were I knew port from starboard, I knew the difference between jibing and tacking...very very minimal. He allowed me on his boat, and because of other crew members I worked with, I learned a lot. He gave me self confidence in the sport, and was always encouraging. Yes there were some crazy times...and there was some yelling, but all in all I learned a lot. And if I wasn't involved with racing I never would have met my husband, and have such an incredible boat that we sail together. (next sail is New Years Eve day...out to Eliott Bay, Parking in a slip for the night and watching the fireworks off the Space Needle at midnight from the cockpit)

#4911 bowtostern

bowtostern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Jangles, I was yelling!!

I think there are a number of topics to cover but I think the biggest concern is how to get more people on the water. Period. This thing is not going to fix its self. We certainly have a tough economy on our hands and people have seen their discretionary spending drop, food or yacht racing, is not a difficult question for most, though many posting here might be the exception. With this being the case how do we make it more efficient for people to participate at a level they feel comfortable. If people are participating because they want to and don't feel they have to, chances are it will be more fun. Lets just talk it out. I seriously don't care if it takes all night or year for that matter.

Peeker, your story is truly one of the best stories that sailing has to offer and my concern is that if we go about things the wrong way, some other lucky lady down the line will not get that same chance. I used my frustration with the award to hopefully launch a greater debate about a broken system, not just GMORA and its people, but everywhere. Only problem is that you have to start somewhere. I was also not trying to suggest that he has done nothing for anyone but rather that he simply does not fit the bill for this particular piece of hardware.

#4912 Bugman

Bugman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hi kids,

I was just reading through the thread, I have so much to sayJ. I’ll try to approach each topic separately rather than jumble stuff together. I thought it important to do since communication is usually the center of most problems and eventually the solution.

• REGARDING YOY; I empathize with the concern over this year’s choice. Though, even if one deems it a failure, I don’t think that it should be considered obsolete. If there is a failure 1 out of every 14 times or so, it should still be considered a success. I wouldn’t want to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The endeavor has a net positive effect supported by a partner (Points East) who also has a net positive effect on our sport.
  • REGARDING MISS TEEN MAINE; My badJ, or good depending on your experience at the Banquet. In 2011, a friend of the family, sailor and occasional BUZZ crew, Tara Cavanaugh, was Miss Teen Maine. She and Brianna Brown (I think Miss Maine at the time) dressed up in cocktail dresses and sold our raffle tickets (earning about 750$ which went to Sailmaine). They had a blast and as far as I know they were quite a hit. I tried to reproduce that this year, but I think the personalities and connection that Tara had with the sport played a big role. Katie ended up in the pictures this year last minute; folks were having fun with it and seemed like a good idea. An added note; we helped their organization and Katie (a brilliant kid, you’d know if you met her) get some exposure, and she and her dad are on the list of folks for me to call next year (they both want to go racing!). I think it’s a worthwhile effort to partner with other organizations to get more exposure and find a mutual benefit working together. Even with our long great heritage, it’s tough to argue that our sport doesn’t it. Are there other organizations that might fit better? No doubt…and we should keep working on it.
  • REGARDING THE SURVEY; it is a great tool. I have a binder that I review before each GMORA meeting (aside from sorting e-mails that need to be on the agenda). In that binder are 1) Bylaws 2) The last three surveys and 3) blank note paper. These do not get filed to be never looked at again; many of the items are actionable and get done and/or will get done bit by bit. Sometimes they do not for various reasons like lack of volunteers, conflicting ideas (from other’s surveyed) etc. In some cases it is information compiled for Yacht Clubs so they can make their own decisions regarding their regattas (all of our member organizations and YC’s RO’s have a copy), and yes, we have witnessed YC’s making changes based on what they see in the surveys. I hope folks keep giving us the feedback we need.
  • REGARDING BRAIN DUMP SESSION; bring it! I think it is great opportunity to have some productive conversations. Conversations lead to more enthusiasm (hopefully) which leads to more people taking action (our real challenge, because let’s face it; ideas are like assholes, everyone’s got oneJ). I just hope the “Brain Dump” doesn’t lead to an “us vs. them” mentality (in regards to wearing an organizational hat or not), because the organizational hat that folks wear are not much (if at all) different than any other racer’s hat. It’s a misconception; at least that has been my experience over the last couple of years.
  • OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF;
  • I’d love to join the brain dump if you’ll have meJ (and schedule permitting). I can share some information that GMORA is working with, or not, up to you.
  • I’m sending a personal invite to experience our GMORA meetings to you all. Member or not, I think by the time you see what we are up to, you’ll decide to join, if you don’t, I’ll buy the first round after the meeting On December 11th (at Joshua’s as of late;-).
I’ve left a bunch of stuff out, but this is a startJ. Respect to all!

#4913 Bugman

Bugman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Oh, did you all check out the SA front page "A New Model"? Thats what WE ALL need to do (aside from the internal housekeeping we need to do regarding scoring etc. and will be done for 2013) The Portland etchells fleet 27 gave me a call, wants me to join their fleet because it's awesome, and now their up to 22+ boats committed to race in 2013. More fun...nooooo. Members more engaged.....yessss. Our fleet will only be what we all as a group want it to be. Volunteers for a phone tree? No? Oh well....let's find someplace to stick our heads in the sand. Sarcasm, I know. I feel you’re frustration. No need to fret though, there is lots of sailing/racing going on in the Gulf of Maine. If we all get engaged like these other fleets…there is definitely tons of opportunity for us…you can’t tell me any different.

#4914 Bugman

Bugman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to kill a perfectly good conversation :huh:

#4915 Pomme De Terre

Pomme De Terre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

OK, new rule... Potatoes are no longer allowed to interject in a rules discussions on SA. Having learned long ago that those who think they know the rules outnumber those who actually may by about 10:1, I should know better.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

#4916 Bugman

Bugman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Yikes, the silence is making me paranoidJ. Anyway, I couldn’t make the meeting. I hope you all did have it though and fire at will. My wifey had minor day surgery early so no pub for me

#4917 Chaise Lounge

Chaise Lounge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

oh shoot, that meeting did not hppen yet did it?

#4918 bowtostern

bowtostern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Jan 22nd at Brian Boru. 5pm. No one has missed anything yet.

#4919 Tittravate

Tittravate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Going fast...and having fun doing it!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Mr. Stern, glad you're fired up about this and that there will be some face time to talk things over. Reading over the thread I see most of my points have been covered here and there, so I won't go over it all again. My bottom line is that we need to have more people talking an active visible role in promoting events and opportunities, and that we need to do more than preach to the choir. Yes, YC's need to motivate their members, but there are a lot of other sailors out there that would participate if they knew how (read: when and where) to do so.

As far as leadership/guidance in organizing racing in GOM, there are regularly 6-8 people that show up (over the 3 years I've been involved), out of the literal hundreds that could, to make decisions and set some direction...we do the best we can and respond to comments as soon as we can. Obviously the people that meet don't represent all of the concerned constituencies, but we try to anticipate their needs and strive to include things that will interest them. It's a takes lot to be everything to everyone and ultimately there are going to be things missed, all in all it's a big job and we can always use help, even if only in the form of feedback.

PS, In my opinion YOY was poorly chosen and others, including stickboy, were so obviously more qualified based upon the selection standards that it's hard to believe they were in the running together. Yes, he's done a lot to introduce people to the sport and should probably be recognized (well, not again) for it, but he doesn't fit the mold of YOY...but that's ultimately a PE call and what's done is done. However, reviving the racing momentum in the GOM, for example, is just one of those things that if successful could restore the significance of the award...just saying.

Happy Holidays, see you on the 22nd.

#4920 bowtostern

bowtostern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Please spread the word about the 22nd if you are interested in the discussion.

#4921 suider

suider

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'm glad to see this thread is at least still moving along.

I miss you guys! Lol... Well, most of you anyway...

Maybe making a more committed (ugh. in more ways than one.) return to GMORA sailing this summer. Hope to catch up with y'all.

/c

#4922 alteredst88

alteredst88

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Maybe making a more committed (ugh. in more ways than one.) return to GMORA sailing this summer. Hope to catch up with y'all.

/c

Jesus. You bought another boat didn't you?

G

#4923 suider

suider

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

/c

Jesus. You bought another boat didn't you?

G

#4924 suider

suider

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

No, 88s... I'm firmly entrenched in the powerboat buying side of that equation... Until I decide on a good 3 person sailboat...

#4925 Tittravate

Tittravate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Andrew, I'm not going to make it to the brain dump tonight, but I am definitely interested in what's discussed. Hope you guys make some headway and maybe take some notes that can be shared.

#4926 bowtostern

bowtostern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Andrew, I'm not going to make it to the brain dump tonight, but I am definitely interested in what's discussed. Hope you guys make some headway and maybe take some notes that can be shared.

Unfortunately the turnout was pretty light, but on the other hand the conversation was good and honest. Most people agreed that there are different issues that have different consequences for different classes and fleets and that maybe it is time to start to consider each fleet or classes needs individually rather than as a whole. One major topic discussed was the dillution of competition across Maine as something that might be unique to this area. While everywhere seems to be suffering from overall down numbers in the sport over a 10 to 20 year time line, something that may be unique to Maine (and I say may because it is not confirmed) is distance and dillution. Simply put there are too many event each year, at too great an expense and too great of a distance to travel to have increasing participation. It was acknowledged that perhaps the GMORA circuit concept is too blame here because people have become too fixated on winning the year end trophy or that it is the way the overall scoring is actually calculated that is at fault. I proposed that in the future it may be a good idea to consider shrinking the number of events so that each one is of greater caliber, rather than making people pay for 15, 10 boat regattas, they would be able to do 7, 20 boat regattas, or some varriation within.

Another topic that came up was travel. It had been brought to my attention recently that Maine averages a growth of roughly 29 people a year or something like that. With that in mind it is probably going to be pretty difficult to really grow the sport unless we can get outsiders to come here to race and unfortunately that probably means that more people will have to step up and travel a bit to spread the word. I think this can be made easier with schedule and scoring changes that will allow people a gap in the schedule to travel if that would help. This actually includes travel to our own east region. One thought involved larger "anchor" events in each region or some variation that allowed for significantly increased competition at these bigger event while allowing some of the smaller regional event to benefit on the shoulders of the larger ones. With this topic also came the concept that we need to be more actively reaching out to business in these regions to help with cost, beyond the sponsorships that are currently in place. The discussion went so far as to suggest that perhaps Yacht Clubs may not be the best hosts for the big regattas but could share in the benefit by encouraging cruises and exchanges with other yacht clubs across New England.

This is just a small bit of what we covered and perhaps someone with the notes could chime in further. The net result for me is that people need to be reminded why they race sailboats. They do it because it is fun and competitive, not because there is a pickle dish to be won or because there are technicalities to be exploited. We need to make sure that the programs that teach kids and encourage youth participation are supported by everyone and that Maine is a great destination for sailboat racing and fun parties. We should try to figure out a way to get more small one design racing and dry sail facilities. It is obvious that progress is being made but it needs to go beyond just a few people who work harder than the rest of us combined.

One of the final thoughts was the concept of a champion of champion regatta, perhaps hosted in SailMaine's new J22s. Where the winners of the GMORA classes, the one design classes and everything else are gathered in like boats to duke it out. I think it sounds awesome. I am hoping to grab one of those J22's for the SailMaine Shakedown regatta in June and I welcome all challengers.

GOOD AFTERNOON, GOOD EVENING and GOOD NIGHT

#4927 Tittravate

Tittravate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Sounds like you did indeed have a substantive discussion. Thanks for sharing, hopefully we can put something (some things) into place that will make racing better for everyone and draw more people to the water.

#4928 Chaise Lounge

Chaise Lounge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Yes we did, and we took some notes, as (of course) GMORA (what ever that is) came up a lot. :-)

I am not going to get into a big spiel of my take on it all right at this moment as I am still digesting the conversation. But I will and am quite optimistic about enthusiasm and energy looking forward.

If I can share one quick takeaway -which will come up more in the future,

it is that we all should look at where we are now and why we are here, what got us here?, and then ask if what we are (have been) doing, (following the past) is really for the best? (best= fun, attendance, growth, etc)

gotta run!

#4929 Jangles13

Jangles13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Thoughts on the revised GMORA schedule? Specifically Monhegan...

Anyone start boat prep yet? New players in the fleet?

Kitty - saw you have a project going, what's the scoop?

#4930 Kitty in Drag

Kitty in Drag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

My J/35 Broken Leash- She is going back into the water after ten years- I'm going cruising...

#4931 bobothehobo

bobothehobo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

My J/35 Broken Leash- She is going back into the water after ten years- I'm going cruising...

NIce, You going to visit Belfast on the cruise? If so drinks and dinner on me.

#4932 doggone

doggone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Hello GMORA from the bowels of Texas. Glad to read above discussion. Ironically, we face the same decline in participation on an 8 mile long lake (Lake Grapevine) proximate to Dallas-Ft. Worth's nearly 7 million people. We used to get as many as 100 PHRF boats fro weekend racing. Now, we're lucky to get 15. The marina is stocked with nearly 300 sailboats (as it has been since the 1970s), all of which are raceable in our various racing and cruising classes. Grapevine Sailing Club runs the events and has done an excellent job of promoting, organizing and executing the 50+ races we run year round. All members are obliged to attend race management seminars and actually run at least one race per year. They are scored a first place for that event as an incentive (this doesn't preclude the actual race winner from being scored first place). Thus most of our members are adept at running races. We run an adult sailing seminar/school two weekends in June and get at least 50-75 new participants. The average race boat is a 24 foot 1980s vintage production sailboat that costs $5,000 used, so the expense is nominal. We have social events large and small every week just about. The marina is very convenient to a huge population. The wind blows on average 15 knots ( a #3 jib is the work horse sail, on average). The weather is fantastic 8 months of the year. In the scorching summers, we start races at 6pm Saturdays to avoid heat stroke!

Despite all this, our participation struggles mightily. We are trying new and different things and hope to make improvements. I will let you all know if we discover something that works. In the meantime, best wishes to all in Maine and good luck with improving participation.

#4933 dirtdog

dirtdog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

Maine is prime sailing my friends.

Kitty let's do a distance race somewhere to somewhere else, and make Bobo come with us.

#4934 Kitty in Drag

Kitty in Drag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Dirt Dog!!

I'd be happy to lend you the j/35 for a week of family cruising. You could bring BoBo as a Nanny.

#4935 dirtdog

dirtdog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

Yohoho and a bottle of brass monkey....

You rock my, brotha man , would love to, but also want to capture some kitty-time. When are you in NYC next?

#4936 maxluff

maxluff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

We can rebuild it!
Port_Rigging_1.jpg

#4937 maxluff

maxluff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

We can rebuild it!

The leash has new strings!

Attached Files

#4938 Cat in the Hat

Cat in the Hat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

Check out the OSTAR tracking and follow Jeroboam!

http://ostar.rwyc.org/?page_id=3222

#4939 Jangles13

Jangles13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

Since Kitty is going cruising...

I need a ride for the summer. If anyone knows of something, give me a shout.

#4940 Blowhard

Blowhard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

Mrs. Blowhard and I just arrived in BDB (Beautiful Downtown Bucksport) from Lauderdale, which is where that 87 degrees yesterday came from. Time to get out on the water!

#4941 maxluff

maxluff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

Wow.

With Kitty gone cruisin' it looks like this thread is dead...

#4942 Savage 17

Savage 17

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

Wow.

With Kitty gone cruisin' it looks like this thread is dead...

What boat does Papa Doyle have his sights set on now?

#4943 Jangles13

Jangles13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

I do believe XIII is a Aerodyne 38, per CYC Regatta scratch sheet.

#4944 alteredst88

alteredst88

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

SA Classified listing:

http://sailinganarch...how-ad/?id=501/

G

#4945 Savage 17

Savage 17

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

It is already on the market like all of his boats!!! He certainly goes through them quick!

#4946 Jangles13

Jangles13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

They say the two best days in the life of a boat owner are the day you buy the boat and the day you sell the boat.

I guess he's just likes to have "best" days.

#4947 maxluff

maxluff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

SA Classified listing:

G

They are all for sale for a price!

#4948 Savage 17

Savage 17

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

SA Classified listing:

G

They are all for sale for a price!

That is correct!!!

#4949 Kitty in Drag

Kitty in Drag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

How is the season going everyone? I miss some of you ;)

#4950 maxluff

maxluff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

How is the season going everyone? I miss some of you ;)

hugs and kisses! We miss you too!

#4951 Matt B

Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

That's some funny shit.

SA Classified listing:

G

#4952 Chaise Lounge

Chaise Lounge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Monhegan coming up this weekend, and Rockland-Castine the following weekend, hope to have many of the Monhegan boats compete in Rockland-Castine, let me know if I can help with Logistics...

Rockland-Castine 

#4953 Navy junior

Navy junior

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

32nd Annual MS Regatta, once again we couldn't do it without all of you. 

Weather was perfect, wind held (although there was some lengthy discussion on the matter), the parade stayed together in a line the entire Parade Route (thank you everyone - the spectators on shore appreciate it!), the Race Committee did their normal perfect job, starts were clean with a minimum of boat to boat "discussion", media coverage was positive and stayed out of the way of the racers (helps alot when the power boat drivers are also experienced racers), food and beverage was plentiful and good, and the band was excellent!

Thank you everyone - I hope you had as much fun as I did.

Here's what you all want to see:

Attached Files

#4954 Navy junior

Navy junior

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

Coverage:

today:

http://www.presshera...s-60-boats.html

Friday:

#4955 Greyhawk

Greyhawk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • Interests:cruising and racing on the Gulf of Maine and beyond

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:30 AM

Hodgdon Yachts and Boothbay Region Boatyard set to merge

#4956 Chaise Lounge

Chaise Lounge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

Hello?

hints of a couple of rumors in Pen Bay.  new-old regatta's coming back online.  Another regatta shifting destinations, some group brewing something else up as well..

anybody heard anything?

Usually I am the first to know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users