#1 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,654 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:14 PM

I can barely keep the car on the road as we head over to HQ in a full gale. Awards start at 1. I'm trying to get a few pics of the harbor- it's a sight to see. I can barely imagine what the south course would look like, with gusts past 35 and an opposing tide of 1 or 2 knots.

#2 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:16 PM

Hah blowing 15 knots 82 degree water. gonna pump up my kite in a few. you should come to cabarette.

bora

#3 jeff carver

jeff carver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:24 PM

Clean, LZ, tell Finkle "Carv" sent an attaboy. How about covering levels and B36.7 NA's. Clean you would dig Ft Erie.
you guys did a nice job.
carv

#4 DryArmour

DryArmour

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

I can barely keep the car on the road as we head over to HQ in a full gale. Awards start at 1. I'm trying to get a few pics of the harbor- it's a sight to see. I can barely imagine what the south course would look like, with gusts past 35 and an opposing tide of 1 or 2 knots.

Clean-Luiz et al...Thanks for the reporting. Sorry the weather behaved like it did but the good new is that you are not 300 miles north where it is getting really ugly.

For those who missed the Wx advisory last night they may or may not be able to crane out over the next 36 hours as things get windier. (I know, you don't need more wind right now)

Can't wait to see the pictures...Somebody needs to go get an image of the OCEAN conditions south of the harbor if they can...should be epic 35-50 knots.

#5 cracker-jack

cracker-jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:19 PM

Clean-Luiz et al...Thanks for the reporting. Sorry the weather behaved like it did but the good new is that you are not 300 miles north where it is getting really ugly.

For those who missed the Wx advisory last night they may or may not be able to crane out over the next 36 hours as things get windier. (I know, you don't need more wind right now)

Can't wait to see the pictures...Somebody needs to go get an image of the OCEAN conditions south of the harbor if they can...should be epic 35-50 knots.

Thanks, Great coverage.

#6 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,654 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:46 PM

Hah blowing 15 knots 82 degree water. gonna pump up my kite in a few. you should come to cabarette.

bora

There's a chick named Lola that you need to be really careful of, bro. Also, if you want any Dakine gear, for some reason there's a dude in Cabarete who sells it cheaper than anywhere else on the planet. Got a sweet computer bag for $45.

#7 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,654 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:50 PM

Pics coming in a couple of minutes, no one's got the balls to go outside to see the real insanity. The dock is evacuated, the bridge is closed, I saw 49 knots on the clock as we were helping Tedeschi retie Tastes Like Chicken, but the guy next to us said he saw 63 a few minutes earlier.

Some of the J/80 guys are still in the water, pretty much have to leave it here until Tuesday or Wednesday.

#8 DryArmour

DryArmour

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:51 PM

Pics coming in a couple of minutes, no one's got the balls to go outside to see the real insanity. The dock is evacuated, the bridge is closed, I saw 49 knots on the clock as we were helping Tedeschi retie Tastes Like Chicken, but the guy next to us said he saw 63 a few minutes earlier.

Some of the J/80 guys are still in the water, pretty much have to leave it here until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Nice thunderstorm over your head right now....

#9 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,654 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:54 PM

Cat 5 called the forecast pretty damned well, and sent updates every few hours for the last 16 - thanks a ton, from us and from the race committee, and the competitors. No one is too bummed out, at least we get a great show of wind and water.

#10 cre8

cre8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:02 PM

we almost lost our melges on the dock, it's really kickin up here. We are way out on the dock by the C of C sailing center HUGE WAVES

#11 jeff carver

jeff carver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:03 PM

good luck and be safe

#12 flaps15

flaps15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

Clean, LZ, tell Finkle "Carv" sent an attaboy. How about covering levels and B36.7 NA's. Clean you would dig Ft Erie.
you guys did a nice job.
carv

I gotta second that one, the Levels is something to be experienced and if Don is doing the NA's.....
well the guy just knows what he's doin.

#13 MikeR

MikeR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • Interests:Own a Pearson 10M

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:12 PM

Cat 5 called the forecast pretty damned well, and sent updates every few hours for the last 16 - thanks a ton, from us and from the race committee, and the competitors. No one is too bummed out, at least we get a great show of wind and water.

Go and say hi to Bri and Kris on Angry Chameleon. Hope they're OK, still in the water though.

Great job this weekend.

Cheers,

MikeR

#14 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,654 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, AC and Outrageous are in the water. The wind has dropped a touch, not too much though. Awards shortly, Mike. BTW, I'll be in town by Friday, and will come by and pick up the mags - thanks for your patience bro.

Any racing up there next weekend?

#15 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,654 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:49 PM

This is what it was like 30 minutes ago.

Attached Files

#16 MikeR

MikeR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:45 PM

Yeah, AC and Outrageous are in the water. The wind has dropped a touch, not too much though. Awards shortly, Mike. BTW, I'll be in town by Friday, and will come by and pick up the mags - thanks for your patience bro.

Any racing up there next weekend?

The way the weather has been, I'd be amazed if there are any boats in the water. American Spring Series is the 28th but nothing next weekend.

Give me a hollar, maybe we can have dinner?

Cheers,

MikeR

btw, if you get the chance, let me know if AC is doing OK in the water.

MR

#17 Fester Bestertester

Fester Bestertester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Photography, All things cars and motorsports.

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:58 PM

The way the weather has been, I'd be amazed if there are any boats in the water. American Spring Series is the 28th but nothing next weekend.

Give me a hollar, maybe we can have dinner?

Cheers,

MikeR

btw, if you get the chance, let me know if AC is doing OK in the water.

MR

Mike,
AC is ok. Worst is over now. Saw Brian and Kris couple of hours ago. They sailed a great regatta. Congrats on their first place finish! We got rocket dog out yesterday after racing. We were ready for the road by 7 p.m. Still very windy, we'll head home tomorrow.

#18 MikeR

MikeR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:09 PM

Mike,
AC is ok. Worst is over now. Saw Brian and Kris couple of hours ago. They sailed a great regatta. Congrats on their first place finish! We got rocket dog out yesterday after racing. We were ready for the road by 7 p.m. Still very windy, we'll head home tomorrow.

Many thanks, Mark, I was concerned that they might be facing something like what happened at KW a couple of years ago. Yes, they've got the boat going pretty well and you certainly can't say that they're not enthusiastic about things.

Really nasty up here in NY, had some gusts over 50 this afternoon and rain, rain, rain.

Drive safely,

Cheers,

MikeR

#19 Hodorsail

Hodorsail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Interests:<br />come to Annapolis and go sailing!! 150 boats all the time just on wednesday night!!

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:22 PM

ssoooooo glad we hauled immediatly last night. Boat was packed up within 2 hrs.

#20 MikeR

MikeR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:27 PM

ssoooooo glad we hauled immediatly last night. Boat was packed up within 2 hrs.

Hey, just noticed, we registered on the same day in 2003. I guess I was a couple of hours before you.

Glad your boat's OK, drive safely back home.

Cheers,

MikeR

#21 NyJboat

NyJboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:12 AM

Man what a weekend, flew down here for one day of sailing. Still had a pretty good time at the parties and whatnot. Checked out the Yorkshire yesterday after the awards ceremony and that was pretty cool. Standing on the bridge deck some 7 stories off the water you could really get an appreacation for the wind, easily 40 kts. The waves pounding over the outer breakwater, or what little you could see of it, were cool to watch with a pair of binoculars.

Well I'm off to the airport to try and get on my 6am flight home to NY, hopefully it goes better than Thursdays debacle getting down here.

More on the racing when I actually wake up.

#22 Terrorvision

Terrorvision

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts
  • Interests:Taking 'the' out of Psychotherapist

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:22 AM

40 knots- another 5 knots and the Aussies and Kiwis will start getting out of bed!

#23 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:43 PM

There's a chick named Lola that you need to be really careful of, bro. Also, if you want any Dakine gear, for some reason there's a dude in Cabarete who sells it cheaper than anywhere else on the planet. Got a sweet computer bag for $45.

where is that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users