Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:09 AM

Big Pimpin'

New and Improved

Velocitek is happy to announce the launch of the long awaited Velocitek SC-1 GPS Race Computer. The Velocitek SC-1 harnesses the power of GPS to give performance dinghy and sportboat sailors the functionality of a complete instrument suite including:

• Speed, VMG and Heading updated every half-second

• Start timer

• Ability to display any two measurements simultaneously on a multi-line display

The SC-1 installs in seconds and does not require any external wiring or through hull transducers.

The SC-1 also keeps a rolling 40 hour record of speed, heading and position that can be downloaded for replay and analysis on a PC. The SC-1 is seamlessly compatible with Google Earth and GPS Action Replay.

Feedback received through the Sailing Anarchy forum on Velocitek’s S5, S10 and Speedcompass models played a major part in the SC1’s design. For example:

“Why not a dual readout” - Gruntfuttock

SC-1 now has a two line display that lets you see any two modes simultaneously.

“Only 2 digits on the display? Seems like for high performance sportboats you'd want 3...” - Buford.

Both SC-1’s display lines now have three digits.

“If you could enter the wind direction directly, by scrolling a number until you get to the right compass heading, it might be simpler” - Emu

SC-1 VMG mode now works exactly like this. What do you think?

04/24/07

Attached Files

#2 Pete M

Pete M

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,869 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:21 AM

nothing like development

#3 Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:21 AM

What do you think?

I think I want one.

#4 Raked aft \\

Raked aft \\

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:06 AM

seriously...how much$

Looks sweet!

#5 WHL

WHL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts
  • Interests:Offshore, Star, Farr 30, R Boat racing, and gunkholing in classic daysailers

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:25 AM

Great features according to the specs. I have one on order. The best feature is the ability to program it to disable the speed display and the leave compass and race timer. This makes it legal on one designs that prohibit speed related displays.

#6 Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:16 AM

Woah, that can't be cheap.

#7 DrySail

DrySail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:23 AM

Again... anyone know how much $$$? - no info. yet on Velocitek web site

#8 Phil

Phil

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:25 AM

It was only announced today,for the Aussies ,we're working on it.

Mels been on the phone...

#9 Velocitek

Velocitek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:47 AM

Again... anyone know how much $$$? - no info. yet on Velocitek web site

US Retail is $599. Full product specs. as well as online ordering are now available on the Velocitek Website.

#10 skiffe

skiffe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:01 AM

Shame, I just bought an S10, which is a great bit of gear, but this looks better.

#11 frayedsheet

frayedsheet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:11 PM

So the VMG is based on two "user programmed reference points" and not a user programmed wind direction? Wont that make it near impossible to use on the racetrack and tedious to use even training? or am i missing something?

#12 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:04 PM

So the VMG is based on two "user programmed reference points" and not a user programmed wind direction? Wont that make it near impossible to use on the racetrack and tedious to use even training? or am i missing something?

Its actually not that hard to do. Just set one at the boat and sail downwind line up the boat and the weather mark and set the second point.

#13 klury

klury

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:20 PM

Could someone please explain something to me.
If I am in an "around the buoys" race, would not the vmg to the mark upwind or downwind be
the information most helpful to me, rather than vmg relative to the wind direction. The mark's
location is static, while the wind direction is constantly changing. For example, during a windward leg,
the wind could switch so much as to turn the leg into a reach, in which case vmg to the wind seems
irrelevant.

#14 frayedsheet

frayedsheet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:30 PM

Could someone please explain something to me.
If I am in an "around the buoys" race, would not the vmg to the mark upwind or downwind be
the information most helpful to me, rather than vmg relative to the wind direction. The mark's
location is static, while the wind direction is constantly changing. For example, during a windward leg,
the wind could switch so much as to turn the leg into a reach, in which case vmg to the wind seems
irrelevant.

ok, well what if the leg is almost a one tack work... so vmg on one tack will be very nearly boatspeed and vmg on the other will be near 0. What are you going to do with that information? If you have VMG to windward you can ensure that you reach the right balance of pressing down vs feathering. If VMG (based on wind) goes down then you can set about doing something to get that speed back again.

---------------

Im still not sure about this two setpoint VMG though - even if you do set the two points but keep sailing to windward of your weather-most point, then what?

#15 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:50 PM

ok, well what if the leg is almost a one tack work... so vmg on one tack will be very nearly boatspeed and vmg on the other will be near 0. What are you going to do with that information? If you have VMG to windward you can ensure that you reach the right balance of pressing down vs feathering. If VMG (based on wind) goes down then you can set about doing something to get that speed back again.

---------------

Im still not sure about this two setpoint VMG though - even if you do set the two points but keep sailing to windward of your weather-most point, then what?

I think both you guys are still not understanding my point. The velocitec give vmg relative to a course direction.

By setting the two points. One at the boat and one inline with the boat and the weather mark you input your course direction into the gps.

I believe this is actually vmc instead of vmg
velocity made course

#16 FatimaRules

FatimaRules

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:14 PM

ok, I'll have a try.

By setting the two weighpoints, the velocitek identifies the wind direction. It then does VMG to that wind direction, not the weighpoint. The new one now allows you to dial in the wind direction directly, without using weightpoints.

The reason they do VMG to wind (or WMC!) is so you can measure you absolute upwind performance. If it did true VMG, then it would give you a really slow VMG as you approached the layline. Not much use when your trying to measure speed to windward.

Therefore that is why requests were made for BOTH VMG (VMC!) and compass direction, as it allows you to identify headers and speed diferentials.

THese are compromises, but you've also got to remember that this isn't an ideal world. The velocitek is trying to find a way round not being able to install a bangs and whistles B&G network on your dinghy, and it's perhaps as near as possible to getting there.

#17 sirstopher

sirstopher

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:21 PM

And the price keeps on going up and up and up..... 600 bones seems to be allot of money, but I still want one.

#18 klury

klury

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:24 PM

So, one could put in as waypoints in a handheld gps, locations for every 5 or 10 degrees of
compass heading at a distance 50 to 100 miles away from where you are sailing and use those
way points to determine vmg or vmc toward any nearby mark or location that has the same bearing.
Is this correct ?

#19 Velocitek

Velocitek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:54 PM

ok, I'll have a try.

By setting the two weighpoints, the velocitek identifies the wind direction. It then does VMG to that wind direction, not the weighpoint. The new one now allows you to dial in the wind direction directly, without using weightpoints.

The reason they do VMG to wind (or WMC!) is so you can measure you absolute upwind performance. If it did true VMG, then it would give you a really slow VMG as you approached the layline. Not much use when your trying to measure speed to windward.

Therefore that is why requests were made for BOTH VMG (VMC!) and compass direction, as it allows you to identify headers and speed diferentials.

THese are compromises, but you've also got to remember that this isn't an ideal world. The velocitek is trying to find a way round not being able to install a bangs and whistles B&G network on your dinghy, and it's perhaps as near as possible to getting there.

This is exactly right. The S10 works by using the direction of a line drawn between the two reference points as the wind DIRECTION.

We improved on this for the SC-1 in response to suggestions from this forum. On the SC-1 the user dials in the wind direction directly as a heading between 0 and 359 degrees. This makes it easier to adjust when the wind shifts.

#20 FatimaRules

FatimaRules

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:11 PM

This is exactly right. The S10 works by using the direction of a line drawn between the two reference points as the wind DIRECTION.

We improved on this for the SC-1 in response to suggestions from this forum. On the SC-1 the user dials in the wind direction directly as a heading between 0 and 359 degrees. This makes it easier to adjust when the wind shifts.

Does the sc-1 still have the weighpoint option, or has that been turned off?

Klury - yes, that would be a way of doing it.

#21 Velocitek

Velocitek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:07 AM

Does the sc-1 still have the weighpoint option, or has that been turned off?

Klury - yes, that would be a way of doing it.

The SC-1 does not have the waypoint method. We tried it out and having both just made the interface too complicated.

It's pretty easy to setup the way it is now. You just sail straight downwind and put the top display in compass mode and the bottom one in VMG mode and then dial in the heading on the bottom display so it matches the heading showed on the top display. If you don't get the wind angle exactly right at first, it's easy to fine tune later on when you see that the readings on each tack are assymetrical.

#22 JDL

JDL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:14 AM

Velocitek,

Are you using heading the same way I would use track or COG?

Great start, now add a chartplotting page that works with free raster charts, LED lighting for night sailing, and of course, keep the price constant! :-)

#23 Velocitek

Velocitek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:36 AM

Velocitek,

Are you using heading the same way I would use track or COG?

Great start, now add a chartplotting page that works with free raster charts, LED lighting for night sailing, and of course, keep the price constant! :-)

Yes. The bad news is that the compass doesn't work when your speed is under a knot. The good news is that by using a high-performance GPS chipset we can get the heading measurement to responds to changes in your angle very quickly (the display updates every half second). Another bonus of using GPS for heading is that you can mount the device in any orientation you like.

#24 Marshy

Marshy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Yacht Rigging<br />Sailing Fast<br />Scuba Diving<br />Rooting

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:26 AM

any idea on $$$??

#25 JDL

JDL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:51 PM

Yes. The bad news is that the compass doesn't work when your speed is under a knot. The good news is that by using a high-performance GPS chipset we can get the heading measurement to responds to changes in your angle very quickly (the display updates every half second). Another bonus of using GPS for heading is that you can mount the device in any orientation you like.

In other words, it is a 'heading' derived from successive postion estimates. If I have my boat in reverse, it will read a 'heading' 180deg off?

Why call it a compass? Why call it heading? I believe Garmin does something similar although they may call it compass mode or something similar.

I'm not saying or inferring the device is bad, but what's wrong with calling a spade a spade?

#26 jizbiscuit

jizbiscuit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:39 PM

In other words, it is a 'heading' derived from successive postion estimates. If I have my boat in reverse, it will read a 'heading' 180deg off?

Why call it a compass? Why call it heading? I believe Garmin does something similar although they may call it compass mode or something similar.

I'm not saying or inferring the device is bad, but what's wrong with calling a spade a spade?

In my part o the world "heading" is where you are going ! so if yur gowing backwards yur "heading" backwards . So over here velocitek got that bit right .

if yur heading up sh8t creek doesn't matter where yur pointing .

What about putting two shovels against a tree and asking an irish man to take his pick ??

#27 Velocitek

Velocitek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:17 AM

The indicated heading is not actually based on successive position estimates. This would be too slow to update and not very accurate. Instead, the SC-1's compass mode calculates the direction you are moving every 250 milliseconds by measuring the Doppler shift in the GPS signals it is receiving. The display is updated with this information every half-second.

We call it compass mode because it is intended to be used for racing sailboats in the same way a traditional magnetic compass is used. In my opinion, if we used some less familiar term like "course over ground indicator" it would create unnecessary confusion about the intended use of the device. Nevertheless, I do agree that we should do more to make it clear that the device indicates where you are going and not where you are pointing.

any idea on $$$??

US Retail is $599. Elsewhere the retail price should be close to the local equivalent of USD $599.

#28 andyg

andyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:41 AM

US$599 - thank god for the current exchange rates.

It is blue too.

#29 Velocitek

Velocitek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:12 PM

For any of you who use the Tacticat online tactical simulator, you can now make the image of an SC-1 appear on screen to monitor time, speed, heading and VMG the same way you would use a real SC-1 on the water.

Just hit CTRL+V and the virtual SC-1 will appear.

#30 steveromagnino

steveromagnino

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:21 AM

For any of you who use the Tacticat online tactical simulator, you can now make the image of an SC-1 appear on screen to monitor time, speed, heading and VMG the same way you would use a real SC-1 on the water.

Just hit CTRL+V and the virtual SC-1 will appear.

Lovin' the new price mate.

I have to import the sodding things across here; can I buy in bulk but get someone to hand carry them across? I have a mule coming through in late Sept.

#31 Velocitek

Velocitek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

Lovin' the new price mate.

I have to import the sodding things across here; can I buy in bulk but get someone to hand carry them across? I have a mule coming through in late Sept.

Please send me an email at alec@sailgps.com and we'll see what we can work out.

#32 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:38 AM

Will it have the tactics heading like the Tacktik compass giving you one number to remember. That would make it perfect

#33 Velocitek

Velocitek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

Will it have the tactics heading like the Tacktik compass giving you one number to remember. That would make it perfect

We're working on it...

#34 Sailing Pro Shop

Sailing Pro Shop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Racing, Youth sports

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

The price has come down on the SC-1 to $399 USD

#35 X X-Yachter

X X-Yachter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:42 AM

Just ordered one. We do mostly distance racing. Looking for it to solve 2 problems: First, driver having to constantly ask someone on the rail what his Garmin is showing about actual course and speed over ground. Not enough displays on the pod right now to dedicate one to VMG- which is really just calculated on our setup not actual based on GPS. Second, hoping to do a mast mount so driver and crew can see the data when someone is in the pit or coming up the companionway and blocking the ST-290's.
Has anybody played with how to light these up for nighttime use?- I didn't see anything about a lighted display and didn't really expect it given the added current draw off small batteries. I was thinking about sticking one of those small red LED disks nearby for illumination.

#36 goldfish

goldfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:30 AM

I have used the SC-1 on a 30 foot keelboat mounted on the mast and it has been working great. We did a night race a little while ago and I just took one of those small key chain LED flashlights (in red) and taped it to some monel wire (about 8 inches) which I slide behind the device between the velcro and the mast mount. Basically this allowed the flashlight to hang above and in front of the device with the flashlight shining back on the display. The fact that the wire could bend meant that the crew could just bend it into whatever the best lighting position was. We also taped over some of the lens of the flashlight to cut down a bit of the light.

Overall this seemed to work pretty well and there wasn't any problem reading the display (although it wasn't as nice as a backlit B&G display it did provide the data we wanted at a reasonable cost).

The light I used was similar to this:
http://www.rei.com/product/632461

#37 X X-Yachter

X X-Yachter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:40 AM

Thanks Goldfish. I like your idea. Especially the part about reasonable cost.

#38 Fretz

Fretz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:48 PM

Our SC1 spent 20 minutes underwater after we swamped the boat this weekend. It still works like a charm.

#39 RockHead

RockHead

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:04 AM

SC1 floats, too! No, I wasn't the one to drop it overboard.

I like to have speed and VMG up at the same time while racing. Really helps develop the feel for boatspeed vs angle downwind. Great post-race coaching/analysis tool when combined with GPS Action Replay.

#40 class flag up

class flag up

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:23 AM

so, what's the verdict, should I buy one of these things for my J/24? I have no instruments now, and am on a limited budget, i.e. can't afford a tacktick...i race round the bouys, and there's only one other J/24 at my club, so i'm thinking it'll be helpful for tuning & practicing at least...but I'm torn, because i need a lot of other stuff for the boat that will actually make the boat go faster. hmph.

#41 Phil

Phil

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,027 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

so, what's the verdict, should I buy one of these things for my J/24? I have no instruments now, and am on a limited budget, i.e. can't afford a tacktick...i race round the bouys, and there's only one other J/24 at my club, so i'm thinking it'll be helpful for tuning & practicing at least...but I'm torn, because i need a lot of other stuff for the boat that will actually make the boat go faster. hmph.

Yes

#42 Reflex Sailor

Reflex Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:D'oh

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

Yes

but surely very different to a tacktick if you sail in variable tide conditions, where a change in COG could just as easily be down to either a move from fast to slow tide as due to a windshift - you really do need a proper compass (telling you heading) much more than you need GPS COG and tacktick is the best (racemaster or similar) for that...

#43 steveromagnino

steveromagnino

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:01 AM

but surely very different to a tacktick if you sail in variable tide conditions, where a change in COG could just as easily be down to either a move from fast to slow tide as due to a windshift - you really do need a proper compass (telling you heading) much more than you need GPS COG and tacktick is the best (racemaster or similar) for that...

I own one. The key thing IMHO is you can use the VMG to wind setting to learn how to sail the boat better; that is something that occurs off the race course as well as on; it takes a lot of guess work out of finding that angle to sail downwind, and the optimum low and fast/high and slow modes.

If your boat is a shitter, then the velocitek can also just be picked up and taken home each day, with no risk to getting stolen, no through hull connections etc etc.

That was my reasoning anyway (not that my boat is a shitter :-). Plus I am frigging tight :-)

#44 Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:37 PM

My SC-1 arrived in the mail yesterday. Was very excited to try it out in our beercan race tonight, but noticed that the screen had a couple little scuffs and dings in it. Is that normal? Also, it looks like something may have broken off the top right corner (opposite the lanyard) - should there be something there or is that just the way its molded? I'm wondering whether this unit was returned by someone else and re-sold, and if I should send it back. Any thoughts?

#45 Mabutu Joy

Mabutu Joy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:29 AM

Hey O25, it should have come "nick-free", mine, although it did rattle around in the box a little, but was prefect out of the box. There is just one lanyard loop in the upper left corner, I think, or maybe the right... can't remember, but there is only one!

I agree with steveromagnino, after a month or so I have concluded the same as I suspected in my previous posts. The VMG/Speed is an awesome training tool, the tough part is not looking at it constantly. TackTick is still the king when it comes to racing, the dual display is essential for quick data uptake, the velo isn't as easy to read off-axis, polarized glasses add to the effect. Buttons are 'touchy'. Downloadable files for viewing in Google Earth are awesome, example, look at vmg at various positions and times, compare to tide and current charts for variables in the water and if you're lucky to have wind data collected and posted online, even better. Result is you can determine if the boat was going faster or you were in stronger breeze with the current pushing you along. I find it to be a truely effective tool for quantifying changes to the boat, whether those are rigging adjustments or even just sailing different angles, downwind especially. I'm very happy with it.

#46 Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for the response. I think I'll send my back for a replacement. Looks like a slick little piece of gear and I'm really looking forward to getting it on the boat.

#47 CDR

CDR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

I´m a newbie and I´m a cruiser. Not an around-the-cans-racer.
But you know the basic definition of "race": Two yachts meet en route ...
So I´m always looking for speed.
Watching the velocitek topic from the beginning I still did not get the point why to take vmg on the winddirection instead to the next waypoint.
Two examples: FatimaRules (post 16): When vmg drops ( e.g. approaching the layline) I tack - so whats the prob?
Or frayedsheets (post 14) one-tacker. For starters I have a imagination of whats going on. I know the short leg and the good one at the beginning. Optimized to the next waypoint and integrated in the navs.
If wind shifts I also see vmg improving or worsening refering to the next waypoint. So I decide to get a fresh can or tack.
Imagine: 2 a.m. fu... weather, foredecker seasick and you rely on vmg to winddirection. You may follow the windshift in the wrong direction, away from the next waypoint/racecan.

#48 Ross

Ross

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

I wish we could use those on Lasers....

and I wish they were fuckin cheaper, damn I could buy a sail for one of those!

#49 SeaWay

SeaWay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:35 AM

Ross:

You can, but just for training.

Flying Fifteens also ban them :angry: however whenever we are training the S10 is on the boat as a reference, especially useful if you are out by yourself.

cheers

SW

#50 Ross

Ross

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:49 AM

well yea you can use anything you want while practice....

but I want to use it while racing Santa...

#51 WHL

WHL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts
  • Interests:Offshore, Star, Farr 30, R Boat racing, and gunkholing in classic daysailers

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:17 AM

I´m a newbie and I´m a cruiser. Not an around-the-cans-racer.
Watching the velocitek topic from the beginning I still did not get the point why to take vmg on the winddirection instead to the next waypoint.

These two performance indicators are not mutually exclusive i.e. you need both of them for different reasons.

The VMG in relation to the wind direction is what a racing crew wants to know when tuning the boat to get maximum speed for a given wind angle (upwind or downwind). On boats that permit using instruments while racing, it's very useful for the helmsman to know what the most efficient angle is to steer. In a windward/leeward buoy race, knowing what angle is optimal will obviously get you there faster. The Velocitek is not a fully functioning navigating GPS and since it has no link to wind instrumentation, it uses GPS to set when two points on the planet are upwind/downwind of each other to simulate a wind direction. This method doesn't take wind shifts into account but for classes of boats that prohibit electronics while racing (e.g. windsurfers, dinghies, keel boats like Flying 15's, Stars, Solings etc...), it's the next best thing to assist in tuning up the boat before racing. Even if hypothetically, they had all the instrumentation, in short buoy races where the race committee could reset marks due to wind shifts, you don't have the luxury of a navigator to figure out where they placed the next mark, and enter it's waypoints !!!

VMG to the next waypoint is obviously useful but is only available for those classes of boats that permit full instrumentation including GPS positioning. On distance or point-to-point races this is clearly the performance indicator that needs to be optimized, and it takes into account current drift.

#52 CDR

CDR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:51 PM

wunghunglo:
Thanks, sometimes it is that easy !
And I did spent nights with crooked back doing the maths, drawing angles, checking again, waking up with singlemalted eyes....
Ballyhoo and nice w-e
Rainer

#53 Duff Beer Cruising

Duff Beer Cruising

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:15 AM

:angry: ??? I just picked up mine from APS. HUGE QUESTION - some were returned because of the screen. My screen does not seem mint, the box was not sealed and the only instructions were a one page front and back the size of the Velocitek. Also the usb cable was in a plastic bag that was half opened. I am disspointed in the quality control of either APS and/or Velocitek.

What is it supposed to ship with? Is the velcro already attached? is there any other mounting hardware? Any SA folks get it in different packaging or more periperals/manuals/packaging/sealing? I went to the suggested website as I had before purchase and like its forum. However the only manual I found was under the heading legacy? Is this like Windows where I have to go to "Help" and find out what I edition I was shipped? At least MS tells you on the outside in print what you got. ANY INFO appreciated.

I did not buy open box - so I am perplexed and concerned. Cool device but whats up?

#54 bowdude1

bowdude1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:24 AM

I just got one from APS as well. Same shipping as you. I e-mailed APS and they are getting in contact with the manufacturer regarding the other part of velcro. Mine was shipped like yours but the screen on mine seems okay. I am racing with it the first time Sunday. Hopefully it works out okay.

#55 Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:44 AM

I returned three Velociteks because of what I felt were substandard quality screens. These were ordered through APS. Velocitek explained to me why the issue had occurred with the screen and said they were correcting it, but weren't able to provide one without the defects. Note the issues I had with the screens were fairly minor and wouldn't have affected the performance of the SC-1, but they weren't what I thought a new piece of electronic gear should be. Anyway, the guys at both APS and Velocitek were VERY responsive to all my questions and concerns, and bent over backwards to address them. In the end I decided to return the third unit I was sent (which had the same defects as the first), and wait a few months before looking at them again. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Velocitek again given their responsiveness. And APS was excellent as usual.

As I recall, the units I was sent had complete documentation, including a fairly hefty manual. Don't recall how the box was sealed. I don't think any of the packaging was opened. The velcro stuff wasn't attached (and I didn't attach it), and there was no other mounting system.

#56 wesselcolsen

wesselcolsen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Radically fanatic sailer

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:10 PM

ok too bad the compass heading is derived from GPS data. I was hoping to find an alternative to the tacktick microcompass as well, but I guess I'd still have to have both as we sometimes sail on current as well and am not sure how accurate I could follow the windshifts on an SC1 then.

But I see there's a lot of development so my hopes are up a next unit will contain a small fluxgate compass (would be even cooler if you could also adjust the dampening)...

Keep up the good work and a magnificent price for such a piece of kit!

#57 Velocitek

Velocitek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:20 PM

:angry: ??? I just picked up mine from APS. HUGE QUESTION - some were returned because of the screen. My screen does not seem mint, the box was not sealed and the only instructions were a one page front and back the size of the Velocitek. Also the usb cable was in a plastic bag that was half opened. I am disspointed in the quality control of either APS and/or Velocitek.

What is it supposed to ship with? Is the velcro already attached? is there any other mounting hardware? Any SA folks get it in different packaging or more periperals/manuals/packaging/sealing? I went to the suggested website as I had before purchase and like its forum. However the only manual I found was under the heading legacy? Is this like Windows where I have to go to "Help" and find out what I edition I was shipped? At least MS tells you on the outside in print what you got. ANY INFO appreciated.

I did not buy open box - so I am perplexed and concerned. Cool device but whats up?

I'm sorry you had a frustrating experience with our product.

Please go to www.sailgps.com/downloads and click on the big blue button at the top of the page that says "Click Here for the Latest Versions of Velocitek PC Software, SC-1 Firmware and User Manuals" to find the latest SC-1 user manuals.

It is true that we have had some problems with SC-1's getting scratched and scuffed in production and handling. We are working with our factory to improve in this area.

The SC-1 should ship with a USB cable, quick start guide and Velocitek sticker. Mounting hardware needs to be purchased separately. We have several options available in this regard. Please see www.sailgps.com/products.php for more info. We do not seal our boxes with shrink wrap for environmental reasons.

Thanks for buying our product. Please get in touch if there is anything else I can help you with. My email address is alec@sailgps.com.

Alec Stewart

President
Velocitek

#58 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

ok too bad the compass heading is derived from GPS data. I was hoping to find an alternative to the tacktick microcompass as well, but I guess I'd still have to have both as we sometimes sail on current as well and am not sure how accurate I could follow the windshifts on an SC1 then.

But I see there's a lot of development so my hopes are up a next unit will contain a small fluxgate compass (would be even cooler if you could also adjust the dampening)...

Keep up the good work and a magnificent price for such a piece of kit!

garmin etrex vista hcx has aneroid barometer and electronic compass in a fully featured gps

http://gpsinformatio...x/vistahcx.html

but as a hiking gps it is not as easy to mount to a boom etc and i think needs to be flat for the electronic compass to work

#59 THOR

THOR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Location:brown water white knuckle racing, former Member Number 1957

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:36 PM

Mounting hardware not included ...

Thats a velcro strip for heavens sake.. we are not talking a $9.90 product here ..
It blows my mind that in the calculation the velcro is not somehow possible to add....
Oh wait we can make an extra 10 bucks and sell a piece of velcro .. woohooo

Packing..... if somebody does a lousy job of packing .. the excuse it .. out of our enviromental concern we dont do that .... I call that BS

well I have mine back from the " welder" the second time the contacts where the battery sits were broken off...

I probably need to spend some quality time with the product next year to really see if it is defective or I am just plain stupid ...

how is this download stuff suppose to work.... I tried ..First you need to d/l one program. than the next one than a support to the first and than you see a more or less black screen with mouse turds on it .. but no way to make it bigger so you can actually see something .... lol

Oh well
I have given up on the thing ... anybody wants one ?

I guess ebay will save me from it...

thor

#60 Velocitek

Velocitek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

Thats a velcro strip for heavens sake.. we are not talking a $9.90 product here ..
It blows my mind that in the calculation the velcro is not somehow possible to add....

Packing..... if somebody does a lousy job of packing .. the excuse it .. out of our enviromental concern we dont do that .... I call that BS

well I have mine back from the " welder" the second time the contacts where the battery sits were broken off...

I probably need to spend some quality time with the product next year to really see if it is defective or I am just plain stupid ...

how is this download stuff suppose to work.... I tried ..First you need to d/l one program. than the next one than a support to the first and than you see a more or less black screen with mouse turds on it .. but no way to make it bigger so you can actually see something .... lol

Oh well

thor

We stopped including the extra dual lock rectangles you are referring to because most of our customers buy the product together with either our lashplate mounting bracket or our slug track mounting bracket and do not need these items. I'm sorry the exclusion of the extra dual lock rectangles has inconvenienced you. If you find the pricing of the SC-1 or the SC-1 mounting hardware unreasonable, I suggest you compare our product and pricing to those of our competitors.

In my last post I mentioned that we don't shrink wrap our boxes for environmental reasons. In our experience, whether or not the cardboard product box is shrink wrapped had no effect on the condition of the product inside the box. I don't think its fair to call our omission of shrink wrap "lousy packing".

Also, we donate one percent of our gross revenues to environmental non-profits through the One Percent for the Planet program. This is a substantial commitment for any business. I don't think its fair to question the sincerity of our concern for the environment.

If you want some help with our software or a third party race-replay application, please contact me by phone (650) 353 0262 or email at alec@sailgps.com and I would be happy to help you out. Also, if you are indeed completely unsatisfied with the product please get in touch with me and I can arrange for you to get a full refund.

Alec Stewart

President
Velocitek, LLC

#61 wesselcolsen

wesselcolsen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Radically fanatic sailer

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:21 PM

Why is there an exclusive deal for the Netherlands?

If I try to buy an item on your site including shipping and handling the price would be 430 dollars. This is about 275 euro's. The guy who try's to sell them in the netherlands sells them for 499 euro's ex shipping!!

That's about twice as much!

Would like to see this changed, this is plain madness! Will I need to get a friend from a neighbouring country to send it to me?

We are being ripped of here in the Netherlands!

(check www.velocitek.nl and click "produkten")

#62 Velocitek

Velocitek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:42 PM

Why is there an exclusive deal for the Netherlands?

If I try to buy an item on your site including shipping and handling the price would be 430 dollars. This is about 275 euro's. The guy who try's to sell them in the netherlands sells them for 499 euro's ex shipping!!

That's about twice as much!

Would like to see this changed, this is plain madness! Will I need to get a friend from a neighbouring country to send it to me?

We are being ripped of here in the Netherlands!

(check www.velocitek.nl and click "produkten")

We don't have the resources to handle our own distribution overseas. In Europe we rely on various national importers to distribute the product and coordinate with dealers in their country. We require these importers to make a substantial investment in inventory. In exchange for making this investment all the importers insist that we do not compete with them directly through our website.

We let our importers set their own prices because they have a better understanding of their expenses and the conditions in their market than we do. If our distributer in the Netherlands has really set an unreasonable retail price for the product in Holland, there is a good chance that competition from European shops outside of Holland will force him to eventually lower the price in the Netherlands.

#63 SailingId

SailingId

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:17 AM

Oh well

thor

No mating fastener sucks when you expect it to be included like it was with their older product. There is no mention of this when you order the SC-1 direct from Velocitek, forcing you to re-order the fastener and pay for additional shipping.

Id

#64 Velocitek

Velocitek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:38 AM

No mating fastener sucks when you expect it to be included like it was with their older product. There is no mention of this when you order the SC-1 direct from Velocitek, forcing you to re-order the fastener and pay for additional shipping.

Id

Point taken... we have updated our website to make it clear that no mounting hardware is packaged with the SC-1: www.sailpgs.com/products.php.

If you contact me at alec@sailgps.com I can arrange to have your additional shipping cost refunded. I apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.

#65 HWP

HWP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

Slug track mounting -- very nice!

#66 THOR

THOR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:15 PM

Alec
looks like you want to make things right, and that in todays world is a big plus.
Sorry it took me a couple days to answer..
Yes I am interested to learn about the third party program which allows my velocitek to show courses and stuff... does it show max speed as well ?? Would be interesteing if we hit 20 or even more...... had my eyes closed ( its a fear thing ) Kidding asside... it would be nice to see the last day sailing ...

By any chance at the Chicago Stricly sail this weekend... I am there booth 310 and would take the little bugger with me ... and you could take a look at it there .... and maybe explain me how to make it work ..lol

Thanks Thor

email :
corsair28r@hotmail.com

Alec
looks like you want to make things right, and that in todays world is a big plus.
Sorry it took me a couple days to answer..
Yes I am interested to learn about the third party program which allows my velocitek to show courses and stuff... does it show max speed as well ?? Would be interesteing if we hit 20 or even more...... had my eyes closed ( its a fear thing ) Kidding asside... it would be nice to see the last day sailing ...

By any chance at the Chicago Stricly sail this weekend... I am there booth 310 and would take the little bugger with me ... and you could take a look at it there .... and maybe explain me how to make it work ..lol

Thanks Thor

email :
corsair28r@hotmail.com

#67 glowmaster

glowmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Trimarans, Windsurfing, SUP.
    The ultimate trifecta.

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:59 PM

Hi Thor

My name is Ed Sinofsky and I am a new Corsair 24 owner (1 season). I have been windsurfing forever, and in the past 5 years, got into GPS speedsurfing, involving downloading the track from a GPS and having software analyze it to see the tracks (color coded for speed ) and have analysis for maximums and 10sec averages.

I am going to help teach these techniques to Corsair sailors, and perhaps even sponsor a trimaran GPS speed event, like I do annually by running the KAsail North American Windsurf Challenge.

I hope to offer some demonstrations of these fun and powerful analysis techniques at next year's Corsair Nationals, on my home turf, Buzzards Bay, and am working on some top speed "handicapping" techniques that use the PHRF ratings.

If you want some help before then, let me know.

I have an SC-1 also, and see huge potential for it in trimaran racing. It is a powerful tool that will payoff, if you learn how to use it, without distracting you from the thousand other things going on.

glowingly

ed

#68 THOR

THOR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:42 AM

hehe I need all the help I can get
I am signed up for the natioanls as a big MAYBE ... but dont want tot wait that long really ...
are you planning to go to Florida for the spring FLing ?

otherwise email me any time
Thor

#69 DrunkenSailor858

DrunkenSailor858

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:47 AM

Sailed with my skippers brand new sc1 on Friday on a Hobie tiger. it stopped working after 2 races, buttons wouldn't do anything. had to turn it off to get the start timer to rest. in the third race it just went on it's own mission through all the screens.

on inspection on shore we discovered water had gotten in some how. So ended up back to my small garmin foretreks for the rest of the regatta. will probley end up using it for the worlds. Pity it looked a good product.

#70 Fretz

Fretz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:57 PM

Sailed with my skippers brand new sc1 on Friday on a Hobie tiger. it stopped working after 2 races, buttons wouldn't do anything. had to turn it off to get the start timer to rest. in the third race it just went on it's own mission through all the screens.

on inspection on shore we discovered water had gotten in some how. So ended up back to my small garmin foretreks for the rest of the regatta. will probley end up using it for the worlds. Pity it looked a good product.

we sail a very wet boat. the buttons were a problem at first but after calling velicotek we were able to download a software update that fixed the problem. I've also managed to submerge the unit more times than i care to admit and have had no issues with water intrusion.

Give them a call and i think you will like the SC1 once you get used to it.

#71 Duff Beer Cruising

Duff Beer Cruising

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

Velocitek for skiing speed? or Will vertical travel cause an error?

#72 THOR

THOR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:00 PM

still waiting for the third party whatever to make my sc 1 work or lets say display the last race...

email addy again
corsair28r@hotmail.com

lets see whats happened

#73 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:17 PM

still waiting for the third party whatever to make my sc 1 work or lets say display the last race...

email addy again
corsair28r@hotmail.com

lets see whats happened

Goto gps action replay and it is all there.

#74 plaanaa

plaanaa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

we sail a very wet boat. the buttons were a problem at first but after calling velicotek we were able to download a software update that fixed the problem. I've also managed to submerge the unit more times than i care to admit and have had no issues with water intrusion.

Give them a call and i think you will like the SC1 once you get used to it.

Same here. Never a problem with water. Wonder did you remember to close it properly ;)

#75 moondawg

moondawg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:02 PM

We don't have the resources to handle our own distribution overseas. In Europe we rely on various national importers to distribute the product and coordinate with dealers in their country. We require these importers to make a substantial investment in inventory. In exchange for making this investment all the importers insist that we do not compete with them directly through our website.

We let our importers set their own prices because they have a better understanding of their expenses and the conditions in their market than we do. If our distributer in the Netherlands has really set an unreasonable retail price for the product in Holland, there is a good chance that competition from European shops outside of Holland will force him to eventually lower the price in the Netherlands.

Interestingly, these basic economic concepts seem inapplicable in Holland. Dutch pricing is usually 2 to 3 times more than in the US and 2 times what you will find in France and other places in Europe. Why this occurs is a mystery. Why Dutch people tolerate the excessive pricing is even more so. Most times it is easier and cheaper to order from the States and pay the customs duty and if they wont ship here, use a a friend.

Perhaps some modification in the distribution agreement is in order so that you can get some more sales.

I just did a quick search and prices in France are much closer to the US price. When I buy elsewhere, I make a point of letting the Dutch retailer know what I did and
why so that they know how far their pricing is out of line.

I want to get one of these to learn the angles on my new Hobie Tiger, but it is pretty clear I won't be buying it in The Netherlands.

#76 sailingspeeds

sailingspeeds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:21 PM

Don't you need speed thru water to calculate VMG. How is this done with this GPS technology?

#77 herbie53

herbie53

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

Is Velocitek having trouble staying in business? been out of stock for quite awhile.

Attached File  velo.gif   83.16K   19 downloads

#78 peejay

peejay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:20 AM

Is Velocitek having trouble staying in business? been out of stock for quite awhile.

On the contrary: out of stock normally implies you've sold all you had, which is so much better for your business than not selling enough.

#79 TornadoCAN99

TornadoCAN99

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

Don't you need speed thru water to calculate VMG. How is this done with this GPS technology?

A GPS unit detects your speed & direction over ground. The software of the SC1 allows you to set the approximate true wind direction. Knowing the angle you're moving to this TWD and speed over ground, the software can work out VMG.

#80 kmac17

kmac17

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:10 PM

On the contrary: out of stock normally implies you've sold all you had, which is so much better for your business than not selling enough.

I hope they aren't having trouble. I'm looking forward to getting one this spring for my i550. Seems like the perfect device for a small boat (under 22ish feet).

Would you carry a backup compass just in case it goes south on you?

#81 Pete M

Pete M

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,869 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

we upgraded to the big one on the skiff specifically for the 3 digit speed display
and while racing is the only thing we use - we leave the compass on the top display - but the boss compass is the tack tic. On the skiff while racing it’s too hard to go in the boat to press buttons for the timer, vmg, or starting line prox.

one thing tho - we have ours on a swivel and tack it back and forth, so we can read it from the traps - but on windy days the spray keeps unlocking the device and cycling thru functions. guess we need to build a spray guard for it

#82 SailingId

SailingId

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:56 AM

we upgraded to the big one on the skiff specifically for the 3 digit speed display
and while racing is the only thing we use - we leave the compass on the top display - but the boss compass is the tack tic. On the skiff while racing it’s too hard to go in the boat to press buttons for the timer, vmg, or starting line prox.

one thing tho - we have ours on a swivel and tack it back and forth, so we can read it from the traps - but on windy days the spray keeps unlocking the device and cycling thru functions. guess we need to build a spray guard for it

Hi Pete,

You can download firmware (revision 2.2B) that only displays velocity and heading here. The only buttons that work with this firmware are the on/off sequences.
- Id

#83 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:48 AM

Attached File  velo.gif   83.16K   19 downloads

outta stock? i ordered one 2 weeks ago and it showed up 24 hrs after i ordered it.....works perfectly and is proving to be really really cool....
only good things to say thus far....
my .02

#84 Brad Balmert

Brad Balmert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:08 AM

Why not by 1 from KB Marine. $350. Can't beat the price!

#85 kmac17

kmac17

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:27 AM

Hi Pete,

You can download firmware (revision 2.2B) that only displays velocity and heading here. The only buttons that work with this firmware are the on/off sequences.
- Id

I recall reading about that change where you can lock the buttons to prevent the spray from changing the settings. They also have 2 versions of firmware, one basic and one complete, both have the button lock if I've got it right.

I was hoping to not buy 2 expensive gadgets out of the gate. So what's cooler/funner/more helpful? A tictack compass or a velocitek?

#86 C Hawk

C Hawk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

Not much of a used market for these yet. Let's start one!

Although my SC-1 has been sweet to me, I need the bucks.

eBay item # 180293463781

#87 C Hawk

C Hawk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:39 PM

Holy crap people! I didn't mean this second!

If eBay is any judge of the market for these, I listed it and sold it within 10 minutes. It sold within a couple minutes of this posting for the Buy It Now price of $375! WOW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users