2629 replies to this topic

#1801 Dawg_House

Dawg_House

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

Congratulation Phil. It's great to see your boat in the water.
Please post more pictures. Does she have a name?

#1802 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Interests:Traveling to far away sailing venues and terrorizing the locals!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

...it's great to see a fleet forming for oct 6/7 in newport oregon,,,sounds like an interesting new venue,,,I'm especially glad to get off that treadmill river called portland; ,,,and thrilled that the NW group is going to the effort to establish regular OD racing!!!

Yep... great venue if you don't mind Sea Lions and Seals nipping at your ass when you are hiking! I've always been a little nervous about an open transom in proximity to certain sea life; just remember couchsurfer, they don't let us club seals down here.

The treadmill is turned off right now; we actually get "tides" this time of year and the river sorta goes both ways. Makes for good times, but it only lasts about 3 months.

Trying really hard to make sure that we DO have regular OD racing in fun and interesting venues.

550's are high enough freeboard,,I can't imagine seals can jump that high :rolleyes:

Right!! And what those lake sailors and right coasters must be thinking about now!

Hoping for a fleet to make it happen, but it is looking good.

Great to see another boat in the water Phil. Should be starting to get a fleet together on the other side of the continent soon!

#1803 GybeSetŪ

GybeSetŪ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

http://www.ebay.com....ME:B:EF:AU:1123

most of the hard work done !

#1804 Dawg_House

Dawg_House

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Looks like Hull #203 The Clockwork Mouse.
http://i550-theclock...se.blogspot.com

#1805 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Just home from a great regatta in Newport, OR with 3 i550s. A light showing, but family trumps racing sometimes and we missed you Couch!

The Yaquina Bay YC put on a great event and a great party; their hospitality was second to none! Many happy sailors; an endless supply of Rogue Brewing ales and fresh tuna off the boat at the party; how can you complain!

Learned a ton and got some tuning in, but can easily say that all of the PDX boats are about as evenly matched as any OD production boat. We were VERY slow in light air upwind on Saturday; maybe it was kelp or maybe the driver, but we made some adjustments and changed some rigging and leads and had speed on Sunday.

Attached File  IMG_0684.jpg   175.82K   17 downloads

#1806 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,571 posts
  • Interests:...pimping HOOTs
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

darn it Gladiator,,,didn't want to hear how good it was <_<

...nice write-up by Nerth Sails Oregon.......

North Sails Oregon
October Newsletter

Greetings Sailors,
We have been as busy as ever, especially with preparing for our move at the end of the month. However, we still found some time for sailing. This last weekend Amy and I sailed with Eric Rimkus on his new home-built I-550 in the Columbus Day Regatta in Newport, Oregon. I am also looking forward to getting out for some Sunday racing put on by CYC. I hope to see you on the water.
Posted Image

Columbus Day Regatta
Newport, Oregon

Every year the Yaquina Bay Yacht Club hosts the Columbus Day Regatta. This year we were greeted with beautiful sunshine and a nice moderate sailing breeze. They had four starts with a fleet of I-550's, Santana 20's, PHRF and Portsmouth fleet. The club did a great job of getting 7 races off, but best of all they provided an amazing Tuna dinner and breakfast in the morning!

We sailed in the new I-550 fleet. The I-550 is a plywood home-built sport boat. A few years ago some local sailors got together and decided to start a Portland fleet build. There are currently six boats that have been built in the Portland area, which is
so far the biggest fleet in the World. Although there are people building the I-550 all around the World, not too many are sailing yet. Since this is such a new boat nobody really knows what the best set up is for maximizing performance. We were going to have four boats racing, but at the last minute we lost one boat to a family emergency. With three boats and seven races we had a great opportunity to experiment. We fiddled with the following: batten stiffness, batten tension, sail twist, jib sheeting angle, weight placement, mast rake, rudder depth, rudder angle, sprit angle and A-sail luff tension. I personally find it fun trying to learn what makes a boat go fast. I think we made some big gains but I am sure there is more we will learn in time.

One of the main attraction of the I-550 is the ease of traveling with the boat. The fleet is excited about different venues to race. Keep an eye out for these speedsters showing up at your venue.

#1807 B.M.B_Racing

B.M.B_Racing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:summer and racing

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

looking to organize an i550 regatta in Toronto, Canada. Before approaching the race committee for assistance, how many i550 owners would be able to come. It would late summer in 2013, if this is not good 2014.

#1808 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

looking to organize an i550 regatta in Toronto, Canada. Before approaching the race committee for assistance, how many i550 owners would be able to come. It would late summer in 2013, if this is not good 2014.

I can talk to the other PNW guys, but Toronto is a long ass drive from Portland!!

I think that there is at most 5 boats in you greater area ready to sail.

#1809 cstay

cstay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:none

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

If my boat is done by then I would absolutely be down

#1810 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Some more great photos from the North Americans can be found here:

http://www.denakentphotography.com/p392859625

Thanks Dena!

#1811 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,571 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

http://www.denakentp....com/p392859625

Thanks Dena!

...fun set of pic's........who can spot th'couchsurfer !??!

#1812 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

http://www.denakentp....com/p392859625

Thanks Dena!

...fun set of pic's........who can spot th'couchsurfer !??!

looks pretty intense in this one...

http://www.denakentphotography.com/p392859625/h47d36c26#h47d38b28

#1813 rockkent

rockkent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:racing, cruising

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

Recognizing the interest here is primarily i550 -- this link narrows the gallery to only the i550 pix

http://www.denakentp...phy.com/?q=i550

-rock-

#1814 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Interests:970-507-0428. Recognized Owner of the i550 design and main hawker of all things i550, Owner of Watershed Sailboats with Susan, my wife. Challenging Woodworking (the regular stuff is boring).

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Thinking about all our i550 buddies along the East Coast up into Canada in the path of Sandy. Batten down those hatches & be safe.
T&S

#1815 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Recognizing the interest here is primarily i550 -- this link narrows the gallery to only the i550 pix

http://www.denakentp...phy.com/?q=i550

-rock-

Thanks Rock! Dena's got some really great i550 shots in there!

Wish she had been in Newport for Columbus Day Regatta to catch the synchronized full plane to broach session we all had.

#1816 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,571 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

.................anyone know if Timber's in Cypress these days??? :mellow:

..........not knowing or having met personally,,,I'd be guessing that there's little I could do to help with passport documentation................. <_<

-----------------------------------------------------------------
to undisclosed recipients
Posted Image
I am out of the country, Limassol, Cyprus at the moment, I am here for a Voluntary Training Program (VTP), and unfortunately I just had my bag stolen from me with my passport, personal effects and my phone. I have been trying to sort things out with the necessary authorities, I need some assistance from you.

Let me know if you can be of any help.
Tim

#1817 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Interests:970-507-0428. Recognized Owner of the i550 design and main hawker of all things i550, Owner of Watershed Sailboats with Susan, my wife. Challenging Woodworking (the regular stuff is boring).

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

..........not knowing or having met personally,,,I'd be guessing that there's little I could do to help with passport documentation................. <_<

Posted Image
I am out of the country, Limassol, Cyprus at the moment, I am here for a Voluntary Training Program (VTP), and unfortunately I just had my bag stolen from me with my passport, personal effects and my phone. I have been trying to sort things out with the necessary authorities, I need some assistance from you.

Tim

This morning our yahoo email has been hacked. We of course, are not in Cyprus. We have changed all our security for yahoo & don't know if will get all our email messages back as this appears to be a widespread hack??? If you have emailed us recently or in the past, please email us again @ i550watershed@yahoo.com as our contacts have been completely deleted & we don't know how long or if we can recover all of our email. Our apologies to anyone who received spam. Thanks to all that alerted us of the attack this morning. You are true friends.
Also, thanks to the many of you that have sent their sympathies on the passing of Tim's father.
Susan & Tim

#1818 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,571 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image

Tim

This morning our yahoo email has been hacked. We of course, are not in Cyprus. We have changed all our security for yahoo & don't know if will get all our email messages back as this appears to be a widespread hack??? If you have emailed us recently or in the past, please email us again @ i550watershed@yahoo.com as our contacts have been completely deleted & we don't know how long or if we can recover all of our email. Our apologies to anyone who received spam. Thanks to all that alerted us of the attack this morning. You are true friends.
Also, thanks to the many of you that have sent their sympathies on the passing of Tim's father.
Susan & Tim

....sorry to hear of the family news,,,may dad have a peaceful reunion.

....hadn't heard much of yous's lately,,so wasn't sure if Cypress was a possibility :mellow:

.......be well!..........m

#1819 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Thanks Couch Surfer ... & thanks to all who have emailed or called. We were just about ready to get back on SA with some good news. Will not tease before we get everything all corrected ...
Happy Sailing!
Susan & Tim

#1820 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Those who know (Matt Broughton & The guy at the Apple Store in Durango) say don't trust them dad gum yahoos. This happens all the time & Matt says Gmail has double security measures.
Hey T-Ford thanks for bailing out Tim from the London Pokey. Now, how about me?
Our New double secret probation email is i550sportboat@gmail.com.
Hope you are having a better day than us!
CHEERS!
Susan & Tim

#1821 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Welcome!
But: I read somewhere that 22% of all email hacks were from Gmail accounts...maybe they have done some kindda thing to make their accts more secure? I dunno.

I just beefed up all of my passwords, tell you one thing.

/hijack AFAIAC

#1822 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Welcome!
But: I read somewhere that 22% of all email hacks were from Gmail accounts...maybe they have done some kindda thing to make their accts more secure? I dunno.

I just beefed up all of my passwords, tell you one thing.

/hijack AFAIAC

Matt told me they have added a mobile phone text extra confirmation. We'll see how it goes ... the scary thing we didn't mention was that our main computer's motherboard died. (not related to hack).
Luckily, after working all day with magic back-up black box, it has provided all our files back to new computer. Now we NEED RUM!
S&T

#1823 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

Just read that 400,000 yahoo accounts got hacked .... at least we're not alone.
T&S

#1824 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Just read that 400,000 yahoo accounts got hacked .... at least we're not alone.
T&S

Neither are the citizens of Limassol...their population more than doubled with all the Volunteer Trainers in country. :rolleyes:

#1825 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the SMILE TIM87965431i550!
At least we can reassure everyone that we are OK!. Some nice guys even tried to send us money. Cyprus is beautiful this time of year. From our jail cell we can see the town fountain.
After we get bailed out here, I think we'll visit London & get drunk & disorderly in one of their famous pubs.
JUST KIDDING!
Luckily all money transactions go through our personal email, so all who got the @!%^&*#SPAM, fear not. Our paypal account & personal business Bank account are safe & so is all your financial info. Some other YAHOO accounts got hosed financially. Glad we kept our's on local email. That's why some get so confused. i550sportboat@gmail.com is the new one (tried to change in profile last night, but no spot for gmail on form.)
S&T

#1826 BaikalPeter

BaikalPeter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:fast sailing

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

> Hi
>
> I really can't thank you enough. I just need 600 euros. Western
> union is the only option since I can't access any of my accounts.
> You can find the nearest western union online. I have attached the
> details you need to send it below.
>
> Name: Tim Reiter
> Address: 21 Nafpliou Street
> Limassol
> 3305
> Cyprus
>
> Thank you again. Please keep me posted with the details.

I almost went to bank with the cash! :D

#1827 Nrg85

Nrg85

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Is that i550 world map with red and green dots still active and update?

#1828 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

sure looks like it

https://maps.google....4fb6247ff24&z=2

#1829 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hi guys ... all we can say is "Stick a Fork" in 2012. Between some health issues that we've now worked through & losing 2 computers & then the new one doing something called "Kernal Panic," (frankly for you fans of "Clue," we think it was Colonel Mustard in the Library with the candlestick) which shuts down your computer & doesn't allow you to save changes ... 2012 has been a lesson in patience. I especially apologize as I am the keeper of the list & the map. We just got the new computer out of the shop & I'll be updating all this week. Hope this computer behaves.
We are at Hull plan set #489 which went to Ontario, Canada. If you have updates, please email us.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL!
Susan & Tim
P.S. Who will be #550????? Inquiring minds would like to know ...

#1830 Nrg85

Nrg85

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

sure looks like it

https://maps.google....4fb6247ff24&z=2

It seems that it hasn't been update for a while.

#1831 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

???
Goes up to #478 which is approx 97.7% complete.

See Susan's note, above, about their computer issues. Probably some blues should go to red and maybe a red or two gets flipped to green.

Personally, I am getting close to going Green.

Attached Files

#1832 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Your boat is looking REALLY GREAT, T. Glad to see the hoopy build structure made it through Sandy. Yes, there are Greens to add and Green to Blue changes and some BLUE TO REDS to take care of. Thanks for doing the Math.

one of the many Tims

#1833 SoAPieceOfStringWalksIntoABar...

SoAPieceOfStringWalksIntoABar...

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Yeah, just finished, checked the lake and it's all stiff. Curse this northern climate! Green (dotness) will have to wait...
Attached File  IMGP2568.JPG   137.9K   174 downloads

...which gives me some time to do stuff for friends' boats...
Attached File  IMG_0778.jpg   203.67K   143 downloads

#1834 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks Timber! I miss you guys!!! Hope you have an outstanding 2013.
Chad, my god man, that is a work of art. Don't even bother sailing it, just park it outside the Kemper in K.C. and they'll put it on permanent display.

and yeah, solid water suckkkksssss

#1835 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

How about some big ice runners on those nice boat bunks mounted on your trailer?
We can call it an i(ce)550.

You have built a very crisp i550.

What's up with the trailer hitch ball on the cabin top? ;-)

#1836 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Rotating mast ....see his profile picture too.

He did build a great looking boat.

#1837 Dawg_House

Dawg_House

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

Chad really set a very high standards for other builders. Looking forward to seeing photos of her out on the water.

#1838 GybeSetŪ

GybeSetŪ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

the 'Original sportsboat' in plywood of course celebrates 48th champs

http://www.sail-worl...nditions/105377

#1839 GRUMPY

GRUMPY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,133 posts
  • Interests:Hobie Miracle 20

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

the 'Original sportsboat' in plywood of course celebrates 48th champs

http://www.sail-worl...nditions/105377

Troll. You are pathetic.

#1840 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Thanks for the link, GS. Looks like a fun event!

#1841 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,571 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

Northwest(NA) i550's have a full series planned for this year........

April 27-28 Olympia, WA (pending acceptance of the class by the RC/OA)

May 18-19 Vancouver, WA @ Vancouver Lake (VLSC)

June 1-2 VLSC Regatta in Vancouver, WA @ Vancouver Lake (VLSC)

June 22-23 Late Days Regatta in Seattle, WA @ Shilshole (CYC-Seattle)

July 20-21 Eugene One-Design in Eugene, OR @ Fern Ridge Reservoir (EYC)

August 3-4 Al Morris Regatta @ Yale Lake, WA (WSC)

September--OPEN

October 12-13 Columbus Day Regatta in Newport, OR @ Yaquina Bay (YBYC)

NW Fleet Champion to be best 5 of 7 weekend events.

#1842 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Great to see that the NA Class is doing something positive. How many boats will be sailing there this Summer?

The other "classes", well, things seem a bit slow. No updates here, no updates on Yahoo and the only site being updated at all seems like the original .org, which is the blogs only now and the occasional update at the NA site. The newest Open site has been stagnate and the i550Class is well, a bit closed to most anyway so hard to tell what, if anything, they are doing.

Facebook has been doing OK, but it is mostly the Auzzies, as usual, leading the way.

This is a great boat to build and to sail. We need some activity here to keep things moving. So, what's happen in CO, Timber? Still selling those plan sets?

#1843 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

We are up to plan set/hull license 497. Still working on resolving map update issuea. We have been working quietly and will have some good news to announce soon.
CHEERS to ALL!
Timber

#1844 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

the i550Class is well, a bit closed to most anyway so hard to tell what, if anything, they are doing.

Class site is doing great!

Approx 3,000 informative, supportive, non-argumentative posts on the Forum, more than 125 registered account holders, verified as real people, not spambots and trolls. Boats nearing completion, too.

We're quiet, with people just building fairly similar boats and planning on doing some racing together later this summer, if you think the Frankster can make it north.

hull #87
Attached File  Feb2invert.jpg   146.15K   10 downloads

#1845 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,571 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

How many boats will be sailing there this Summer?

........Portland's got 5,,,another nearby in Camas,Wa ,,,apparently there's a rapid-build happening in seattle,,,and mine's out of vancouverBC,,,
,,,,,it's looking like events this year should have 4-6 boats,,,shooting for 7-8(!!),,,,but yer know how 'real life' works ;)

#1846 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

the i550Class is well, a bit closed to most anyway so hard to tell what, if anything, they are doing.

Class site is doing great!

Approx 3,000 informative, supportive, non-argumentative posts on the Forum, more than 125 registered account holders, verified as real people, not spambots and trolls. Boats nearing completion, too.

We're quiet, with people just building fairly similar boats and planning on doing some racing together later this summer, if you think the Frankster can make it north.

hull #87
Attached File  Feb2invert.jpg   146.15K   10 downloads

Tough to know since I was banned from the site for asking questions. OK, maybe more than just a question, but still do you think I would have been banned from here for that? I think not.

Still, I would bring the monster north without hesitation, though I suspect I would be denied entry due to those bolts holding the bow on.....

#1847 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

........Portland's got 5,,,another nearby in Camas,Wa ,,,apparently there's a rapid-build happening in seattle,,,and mine's out of vancouverBC,,,
,,,,,it's looking like events this year should have 4-6 boats,,,shooting for 7-8(!!),,,,but yer know how 'real life' works ;)/>

4 to 6 at each event would be awesome. If gas dropped a bit, it could be worth while to drive NorthWest. OK, it would have to drop a lot, but it was a nice idea for a moment.

#1848 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

,,,,,it's looking like events this year should have 4-6 boats,,,shooting for 7-8(!!),,,,but yer know how 'real life' works ;)/>

4 to 6 at each event would be awesome. If gas dropped a bit, it could be worth while to drive NorthWest. OK, it would have to drop a lot, but it was a nice idea for a moment.

You can always FLY here and sail one of our boats!

If we get our shit together there will be a PDX uberboat for sale very soon!

Looks like we should have a consistent 4-6 at each event; maybe 7 or 8 by the end of summer.

The PDX builds and the North American Class lead the way in OD i550 racing...

#1849 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,571 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

You can always FLY here and sail one of our boats!

If we get our shit together there will be a PDX uberboat for sale very soon!

Looks like we should have a consistent 4-6 at each event; maybe 7 or 8 by the end of summer.

The PDX builds and the Northwest Fleet lead the way in OD i550 racing...

.................................fixed!!! ;)

#1850 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

" Team Gladiator: The PDX builds and the North American Class lead the way in OD i550 racing... "

"Couchsurfer - "fixed it" - The PDX builds and the Northwest Fleet lead the way in OD i550 racing..."

Really no need to fix it, though there is sort of a SE fleet, it just isn't very well populated yet.

#1851 raildwn

raildwn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:-

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hi all-

It is with regret that I am putting Alchemy (#129) up for sale. Too many competing priorities and a growing family do not give me enough time to sail her. See my SA ad here: http://sailinganarch...how-ad/?id=286/

Time to let someone else enjoy this great boat!

IMG_0036sm.jpg

Thanks,
Jeff

#1852 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:i550 SportBoat & VELOCITY 7.1 Sailing. Building. Finish carpenter by trade cabinet maker. Built boats in the past.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Has anyone built an all glass i550 ? Or must it be wood and glass construction...I know nothing of the class rules or the design.

Thanks
Jus

#1853 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Has anyone built an all glass i550 ? Or must it be wood and glass construction...I know nothing of the class rules or the design.

Thanks
Jus

It actually depends upon what rule set or "class" you wish to be a part of. The original rule set changed from only plywood to all composite and then back to plywood. The Aussies I believe are pretty open to almost anything. The i550class (http://i550class.org/ ) rule set is the most restrictive limiting the build of the hull to ply but allowing the deck to be full composite. The North American i550class (http://http://i550na.org/ ) rule set allows for full composite builds. Good info can always be found on http://www.i550.org/

As far as I know, only one i550 is currently being built (could be done) and that is in Brazil.(http://380i550.blogspot.com/). It has been a while since it was updated.

Another builder was talking about doing it in cedar strips rather then ply.

Bottom line is that for the class to really take off, a production style buildier needs to be found (Watershed has been tryng to find one) and the boat will have to be full composite to hit the right price points.

The i550 is an interestng boat and while it looks very simple, it sails better than many might imagine. Another interesting thing is that though it does not have a lot of weight in the keel, it is still very stable. At least one owner lost the keel and still sailed the boat. The top recorded speed was on Hull One (Tokyo Trash Baby - Aus.) and was 20.5 knots. And yes, the owner and crew had a set.

I had plans on building another hull in foam but am now thinking about going bigger. And my own design. Probably play submarine I know, but what the heck.

#1854 jim lee

jim lee

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

The builder idea might actually work if it was offered as a gigantic kit boat. Basically, here's your fiberglass parts, have at it. Kinda' thing.

-jim lee

#1855 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

The builder idea might actually work if it was offered as a gigantic kit boat. Basically, here's your fiberglass parts, have at it. Kinda' thing.

-jim lee

Kit boats have been around a long time - remember Luger? Often not the prettiest boats out there, but affordable and offering that 'tween step for those that like the idea of building but not the time nor expertise to do the hull themselves. The i550 could be done pretty easily and offer a very affordable alternative to some of the other classes out there.

With the PDX fleet builidng "just" North of you, Jim, you should give it a try. Watershed would like it and it would give your shop something to do between Dart builds. Or if it became sucessful, pay those everyday bills for you. A Left Coast i550 Kit has a nice ring to it.

#1856 jim lee

jim lee

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Oh I donno'. You'd have to sell a LOT of kits to pay for the tooling. And, the kits would have to be built rock bottom cost. It would actually be a better fit for outsourcing offshore.

-jim lee

#1857 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Did Ron ever sell his boat? Was for sale for a long bit.

#1858 sailindog

sailindog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Biking, hiking and sailing.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Where do you buy the carbon boom for the i550??

#1859 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Oh I donno'. You'd have to sell a LOT of kits to pay for the tooling. And, the kits would have to be built rock bottom cost. It would actually be a better fit for outsourcing offshore.

-jim lee

We looked long and hard at pulling a mold off of one of our hulls. We can still do it with #5.

The boat could easily be mass produced as a fiberglass kit with 3 pieces and the bulkheads plus foils & rig. The hull without frame 214 (part 1), deck/cockpit/top half frame 110/frame 214 (part 2) and a keelbox/frame 110/frame 124 grid (part 3), and individual bulkheads. Tabs on the hull would allow for the bulkheads to be slid into place and the whole thing could be assembled in a weekend; fair out the hull/deck joint the following weekend; rig and go sailing the next weekend. Parts 1 & 2 would "nest" for shipping to keep costs minimized from manufacturer to distributor. Each kit would "nest" to keep shipping costs to end users minimized.

#1860 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

TG, Ron sold the boat and it is moving to the greater Chicago area.
M_M, C-Tech (NZ) built some CF booms for 5 U.S. boats, but there are other builders closer. Forte might have something off the rack.

#1861 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

-jim lee

With the PDX fleet builidng "just" North of you, Jim, you should give it a try. Watershed would like it and it would give your shop something to do between Dart builds. Or if it became sucessful, pay those everyday bills for you. A Left Coast i550 Kit has a nice ring to it.

Make that about 200 miles SOUTH of Jim... but practically in your back yard! And of course there is ICE in the gorge who could easily do the spars. And "Bad Andy" is in your neighborhood to do the rigging. Oh Jim you need another iron in the fire... This has "Left Coast" written all over it...

#1862 TeamGladiator

TeamGladiator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Where do you buy the carbon boom for the i550??

CST Australia made some damn sexy rectangular booms for the PDX boats... DAMN SEXY!

#1863 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

-jim lee

With the PDX fleet builidng "just" South of you, Jim, you should give it a try. Watershed would like it and it would give your shop something to do between Dart builds. Or if it became sucessful, pay those everyday bills for you. A Left Coast i550 Kit has a nice ring to it.

Make that about 200 miles SOUTH of Jim... but practically in your back yard! And of course there is ICE in the gorge who could easily do the spars. And "Bad Andy" is in your neighborhood to do the rigging. Oh Jim you need another iron in the fire... This has "Left Coast" written all over it...

Is that right now? I realy thought Jim was a lot further South, or rather I thought you were about as far north as one could get! Maybe I should try to remember my grade school geography? (or look at a map...)

#1864 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

-jim lee

We looked long and hard at pulling a mold off of one of our hulls. We can still do it with #5.

The boat could easily be mass produced as a fiberglass kit with 3 pieces and the bulkheads plus foils & rig. The hull without frame 214 (part 1), deck/cockpit/top half frame 110/frame 214 (part 2) and a keelbox/frame 110/frame 124 grid (part 3), and individual bulkheads. Tabs on the hull would allow for the bulkheads to be slid into place and the whole thing could be assembled in a weekend; fair out the hull/deck joint the following weekend; rig and go sailing the next weekend. Parts 1 & 2 would "nest" for shipping to keep costs minimized from manufacturer to distributor. Each kit would "nest" to keep shipping costs to end users minimized.

PDX Group,
We continue to negotiate with potential FRP builders.
Having bought your kits from us, and as the recognized owner of the i550 design, we would like to hear more of your ideas on collaborating with Watershed to populate the world with more i550's.
Please email or call.
Timber
970-507-0428

#1865 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

-jim lee

Oh, I just hate reading that. At least here in Florida there are lots of blue collar workers, many with decent construction type skills, that would love to work in a boat factory. And here there are all kinds of incentives to get you to hire them. And keep them working. And to set up the factory. Heck, when we looked at it, we could also qualify for historic tax credits on the building!

Bottom line is this, we, meaning the US of A, should be able to produce a boat like the i550 at the right price point. If in fact we can't, we all are in trouble in the end. If the quantity is high enough, it can be done. Unfortunately, anyone who tries to do it is looking at a pretty high investment and like most things, there is never a guarantee of getting a return on that investment. Because while I am certain that the boat can be produced for that right price, I can't be certain anyone will buy it.

But for the heck of it, why doesn't anyone out there that would even consider buying one off of Jim, if he produced one (With the blessings of Watershed, of course!), send him a PM to that effect. If he gets enough of them he will do one of two things. Hunt me down and do me in or build one and see what happens.

#1866 Speng

Speng

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,177 posts
  • Interests:stuff with sails

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Compared to similar sized boats (FS, Lightning etc) a decent price point would be $25K I would think. I'd like mine flush decked with a snuffer.

#1867 Johannos

Johannos

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:boats, speed, composites, boards

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Thanks
Jus

I did some research, I'm mostly freelancing in the composites industry now, but a small boat production would be possible.
A polyester hull and deck could be made quite cheap. Faster to build and cheaper then a wooden I550(deck and hull in one week, alone!). With about the same weight, but little less stiffness. A core could be used to get both the weight and stiffness comparable. All vacuum infused :)
based on the costs of materials here in Europe off course .

-jim lee

No and No, efficient production methods like infusion can easily counter the cost for setting up production in cheaper country's, transport and import costs. About 3-5 kits/hulls should pay for tooling if you go cheap (no cnc'd plugs, polyester infused moulds)

#1868 Trovão

Trovão

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Interests:sailing (pretty obvious, uhmm)preferentially on boats with more than one hull ;D

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

i see the i550 as the perfect boat to be built using pre-infused divinycell-cored panels.

fast and light.

#1869 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Trov, that stuff is pretty rigid though, Isn't it? The plywood gets pretty tortured in this design (or, at least on my boat it did!).

#1870 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

The Divinycel (SP?) in sheet form is pretty dense but actually seem to act similar to plywood and I think takes the "torture" even better than the ply. If you lay up a panel and then pretty quickly apply it, like the next day, it should comform as needed especially of you lay up with epoxy. I laid up both sides on my ply side decks and left them sit a month or so. They did not conform to anything when I tried to install them. But when I did it and put it in place the next day, no issues at all. Someone, in Brazil I think , was doing a foam / panel build. Might be sailing by now. You can find the blog over on i550.org.

#1871 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

Would a hull layup schedule of Gelcoat, veil, maybe CSM (one layer), triaxial, nida core (or similar) and finish with a biaxial?

I hate the smell of Polyester. Closed mold infusion appeals to me.

#1872 Dawg_House

Dawg_House

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

Shiver My Timbers – TIM
From the previous production questions you floated
and the above layup schedule . . .
Do you have a secret to tell us?
As Shrek said: “Better out than IN”.

#1873 Tokyo Trash Baby

Tokyo Trash Baby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts
  • Interests:rum, boats, girls and rum

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

CHOP STRAND MAT??? Whaaatttt tthhheeeeeeee fhaaaaarrrrrkkkkk!!!!!!!!

#1874 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

CSM is typically only there as a pad layer to help prevent print through and sometimes as an asist to insure proper bonding between layers of heavy woven cloths. Today, many cloths have a layer of CSM bonded to it from the factory. Like 1708 is a 17 oz biaxial with a 8 oz CSM bonded to it. It allows for faster layup. Nothing wrong with it when properly used. They even make a version of it for use with Epoxy resins.

Without knowing what the cloth weights are, hard to tell if what was posted is good enough or not and the lay-up schedule is dependant upon what the interior structures are as well.

#1875 Johannos

Johannos

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:boats, speed, composites, boards

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

you'll need CSM/unifilo with an *ester layup anyway, or your stitched cloths will delaminate quite fast. I would go with soric for core, not stiffening up the panels too much, easy to place, and nice to infuse. Cheap, yes, high performance, no. Still light enough though.

#1876 jim lee

jim lee

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

This is starting to remind me of a "which anchor is best" thread. I guess everyone has a favorite laminate schedule they like to use.

-jim lee

#1877 Trovão

Trovão

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Interests:sailing (pretty obvious, uhmm)preferentially on boats with more than one hull ;D

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

The Divinycel (SP?) in sheet form is pretty dense but actually seem to act similar to plywood and I think takes the "torture" even better than the ply. If you lay up a panel and then pretty quickly apply it, like the next day, it should comform as needed especially of you lay up with epoxy. I laid up both sides on my ply side decks and left them sit a month or so. They did not conform to anything when I tried to install them. But when I did it and put it in place the next day, no issues at all. Someone, in Brazil I think , was doing a foam / panel build. Might be sailing by now. You can find the blog over on i550.org.

+1

i talked the other day with the guy that is building the one here in brazil using divinycell pre-infused panels - the build ain't finished yet but he said it is close to.

#1878 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

good to hear....i dont think that blog has moved much since late 2011.

#1879 Trovão

Trovão

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

good to hear....i dont think that blog has moved much since late 2011.

not at all. i've got the impression, though, that the build might have moved a bit more than the blog.

#1880 Mud sailor

Mud sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:42 AM

CSM is typically only there as a pad layer to help prevent print through and sometimes as an asist to insure proper bonding between layers of heavy woven cloths. Today, many cloths have a layer of CSM bonded to it from the factory. Like 1708 is a 17 oz biaxial with a 8 oz CSM bonded to it. It allows for faster layup. Nothing wrong with it when properly used. They even make a version of it for use with Epoxy resins.

Without knowing what the cloth weights are, hard to tell if what was posted is good enough or not and the lay-up schedule is dependant upon what the interior structures are as well.

Note, due to the weird way glass and cloth are noted, the 1708 is actually 17oz/sqyard with .8oz/sq ft on one side......

#1881 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:i550 SportBoat & VELOCITY 7.1 Sailing. Building. Finish carpenter by trade cabinet maker. Built boats in the past.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Is it time the i550 was put into full glass production?
I say yes.
Timber, we are already talking.
What do the rest of i550 clan think?

Jus.

#1882 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Most definitely. The class will stagmate without it. Do it now.

#1883 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

I, personally, wood knot bee opposed. (as long as the boats are slower than mine ;)

#1884 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Ok, from searching the web and seeing where this boat boat is actually being home built throughout the world I have noticed that there is more than one set of O.D. Rules for this boat. Without out causing a major Shit Storm with everyone involved in this this design, ether sailing, crewing, or building one in their shop. What is the best set of O.D. rules out there?
I am very interested in this design and would like some feed back, so feel free to post here with your thoughts or if you wish to stay hidden send via a P.M. to me.

Thanks
Jus.

#1885 SoAPieceOfStringWalksIntoABar...

SoAPieceOfStringWalksIntoABar...

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

The rules don't matter (especially if you can't decide by reading them), it's the people.

#1886 TOTALXS

TOTALXS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

The rules do matter. They are, in the case of the three sets of rules, a reflection of the people who drafted them. The rules sets are each written around what those particular people felt was the correct i550 experience.

The i550class: The most restricted class. The current rule set requires cabins, plywood hull builds and outboard rudders. This purposefully excluded all the PDX style (flush decked) boats, my boat, the designers boat and several others being built at the time. The rule set also requirs a bulb on the keel, so the Gougeon Brothers boat is also excluded. This rule set also has the closest held tolerances, include a rule the requires a jig to be build to measure in your boat.

The North American i550 Class rule set allows either cabin or no cabin, outboard rudders allowed, no bulb OK and the tolerances are a bit looser than the i550 class's but still tighter than the orignal rule set. Full composite builds are allowed under this rule set as well. This makes this rule set the most inclusive rule set in the US.

The original rule set is still found and may be close to what the Aussies use, though they seem to have a great attitude and just want to build the things and sail them. The original rule set, as last officially posted, did not allow full composite builds.

For a production version, full composite build, I would look at the North American rule set as a base to start from. Any hull built to date, regardless opf which rule set they build to, will measure in to the rule set and it already allows full composite builds.

All that said, this is not a OD boat at this time. It is a restricted developement class. Look at the various blogs. Out board rudders, inboard rudders, cabins, flush cabins, no cabins, tin rigs, carbon rigs, various keel designs, including a gybing one, carbon over plywood hulls, carbon over foam decks, and much more, spanning all three classes. A full composite production boat would and should set the standard. What everyone esle is doing at the moment doesn't matter, just make sure everyone has a place to race.

#1887 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Next Plan Set/Hull License is 500 ... Who will want it? First come, First Serve.
Timber

#1888 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

500....the naming possibilies, alone....whoa.

#1889 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

500....the naming possibilies, alone....whoa.

Thanks, T. Never thought about the naming. How 'bout someone from Indianapolis calling their boat the i(ndiy) (sp)? 500?
(Collective GROAN)
S

#1890 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

hell yes!  or "Miles Away From Home"  or....or..... "Half a Thou"....."K/2" .....the mind reels....

#1891 Snake Spit

Snake Spit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Vipering and stuff

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

If any builders are looking for a aluminum rig off of a Viper, I have one available.  I'm in the New Orleans / Gulf region.

#1892 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

I believe I have read just about everything there is about the i550. All the good and all the bad.,the praise and the shit storms as well.
For me this boat makes perfect sense in so many ways.

I think that this is one awesome little boat. The FARR 37 is listed. I see nothing but great things for this boat over the next few years. Kudos to Tim and Susan at Watershed for bringing everyone's attention to this great little design.
It's only going to get better.

Jus.

#1893 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,571 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

I believe I have read just about everything there is about the i550. All the good and all the bad.,the praise and the shit storms as well.
For me this boat makes perfect sense in so many ways.

I think that this is one awesome little boat. The FARR 37 is listed. I see nothing but great things for this boat over the next few years. Kudos to Tim and Susan at Watershed for bringing everyone's attention to this great little design.
It's only going to get better.

Jus.

............it's also important to give credit to the boat builders and shit-stormers for making the class(es) what it is!!!! :rolleyes:

#1894 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Farr 37...that isn' the former Cuore de Lione (sp?) by any chance?  I do not think there were many 37's made.

#1895 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

As far as naming #500; how do you 'do' roman numerals for 500? Big down both sides of the boat.

#1896 TBone

TBone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

As far as naming #500; how do you 'do' roman numerals for 500? Big down both sides of the boat.

Simply "D"

#1897 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

Well it looks like the "D" boat will be built in Brazil.

S&T

#1898 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

Well 501 for me then...it will be the start of a new era for the i550.
Pencil me in.

Jus.

#1899 juswannagofast

juswannagofast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

I kinda like the A2 ....and yes. This will be fun. I'm like a kid at Christmas.

#1900 timber

timber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

for those readers who do not know, the A-2 is the wide cockpit with the large cabin.
A palatial overnight accommodation including a bowling alley, Olympic pool with diving platforms, gourmet dining and warm because we use depleted nuke fuel rods for ballast.

whooops, disregard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users