Here we go, kids.

#2 NoWorries

NoWorries

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:27 AM

While Clean may be on the water thanks to the folks listed above, none of this would be possible without the sponsors who make it possible to actually have the event....

The 2008 North American Championship is sponsored by Pusser’s Rum, Pusser’s Caribbean Grille, Coral Reef Sailing Apparel, Gill, Melges Performance Sailboats, Team Barbarians</SPAN>, Atlantic Yacht Rigging, Velocitek, North Sails, Quantum Sails, Harken, Westin Annapolis, USMCA, Sail22, Annapolis Wireless Internet (AWI), Eastport Yacht Center, National Sailing Hall of Fame, Annapolis Maritime Museum, and Marriott Annapolis Waterfront. The Melges 24 Class and the Eastport Yacht Club are extremely proud to be partnered with these outstanding companies and thank them for their generous support of the 2008 Melges 24 North American Championship.

#3 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:45 AM

While Clean may be on the water thanks to the folks listed above, none of this would be possible without the sponsors who make it possible to actually have the event....

The 2008 North American Championship is sponsored by Pusser’s Rum, Pusser’s Caribbean Grille, Coral Reef Sailing Apparel, Gill, Melges Performance Sailboats, Team Barbarians</SPAN>, Atlantic Yacht Rigging, Velocitek, North Sails, Quantum Sails, Harken, Westin Annapolis, USMCA, Sail22, Annapolis Wireless Internet (AWI), Eastport Yacht Center, National Sailing Hall of Fame, Annapolis Maritime Museum, and Marriott Annapolis Waterfront. The Melges 24 Class and the Eastport Yacht Club are extremely proud to be partnered with these outstanding companies and thank them for their generous support of the 2008 Melges 24 North American Championship.

Word. Imagine how stoked they'd have been if they got all the space that my sponsors do.

Ugh, I really don't want to wake up. Weather, anyone?

#4 Phoenix

Phoenix

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:48 AM

You are both shameless whores. I'm proposing that No Worries volunteer for the finance committee at AYC. With an attitude like his, the sky's the limit for regattas.

Great job by both of you. I'll be worthless again today.

#5 J Buoy

J Buoy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:36 AM

Shame on you, you should be working ;)

#6 Smurff

Smurff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:53 AM

Today's wind predictions from Sailflow (Annapolis Bouy) looking like 5-6 from the West/Southwest. Maybe a left shift as the day goes on?:

http://www.sailflow....Forecast Graphs

And the most current data from Thomas Point (http://www.ndbc.noaa...p?station=TPLM2):

Wind Direction (WDIR): W ( 270 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 9 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 10 kts
Atmospheric Pressure (PRES): 30.56 in
Pressure Tendency (PTDY): +0.02 in ( Rising )
Air Temperature (ATMP): 44.8 °F
Water Temperature (WTMP): 55.0 °F
Dew Point (DEWP): 36.7 °F
Wind Chill (CHILL): 39.4 °F

Continuous Winds TIME
(EDT) WDIR WSPD
7:00 am W ( 274 deg ) 9 kts
6:50 am W ( 276 deg ) 10 kts
6:40 am W ( 279 deg ) 10 kts
6:30 am W ( 281 deg ) 10 kts
6:20 am WNW ( 282 deg ) 10 kts
6:10 am W ( 281 deg ) 8 kts

#7 Phoenix

Phoenix

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:56 AM

I will work some. The hard part is explaining the audio when I take a phone call.

Looks like 5-10 from the southwest and trending left. However, it's at 9-10 now at Thomas Point, which is more than it should be. Should be interesting, with a big flood tide.

Trust in the Amy. Terhune knows about this set of conditions too. Alas, he's hampered by the absence of lovely Katie.

#8 thistleracer

thistleracer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:30 PM

Anyone have tide tables? Any current is going to really make this a tough day OTW.

#9 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:35 PM

Anyone have tide tables? Any current is going to really make this a tough day OTW.

um sailflow and annapolis yacht club, who ever said it was gonna be a strong flood please explain i must not be able to read tide tables since it looks like ebb all day

#10 Phoenix

Phoenix

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:44 PM

Tides on the Bay tend to be greatly influenced by the wind. The water was the lowest yesterday that I can remember recently. Therefore, if I were guessing, I'd guess hard flood.

#11 CarbonAddict

CarbonAddict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

Tides on the Bay tend to be greatly influenced by the wind. The water was the lowest yesterday that I can remember recently. Therefore, if I were guessing, I'd guess hard flood.

Here's a good tide link:

Annapolis Tides

#12 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

2008-10-31 10:19 EDT Moonrise
2008-10-31 10:22 EDT -0.00 knots Slack, Ebb Begins
2008-10-31 13:10 EDT -0.51 knots Max Ebb
2008-10-31 15:42 EDT 0.00 knots Slack, Flood Begins

#13 NO GLOVES

NO GLOVES

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

Go Bora and Team S, good to see you got the OCS worked out.

NG

#14 jibeset

jibeset

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Fishing, Hunting and anything with ing on the end.

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:21 PM

I laugh when you guys talk about a lot of current there. We don't even think about it if it is under half a not here in the PNW. With up to 3-4 knots of current here half becomes like none.

#15 jibeset

jibeset

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Fishing, Hunting and anything with ing on the end.

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

Clean,

What is the wind like there now on the water?

#16 M24_Brinksmanship

M24_Brinksmanship

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:32 PM

Clean,

What is the wind like there now on the water?

Check here for Current Conditions out in the middle of the bay. Near where they are racing:

http://www.ndbc.noaa...p?station=TPLM2

CUrrent should not be much of an issue as the wind blew all of the water out of the bay & with no breeze the flow vs the ebb ... there will be less consequential tied effect. I think. :ph34r:

#17 rbpatt

rbpatt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:swimming

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:47 PM

I'd agree with the flood tide- probably 1-1.5 knts. Lunar effect will most likely just slow the flood a bit.

Also, check http://co-ops.nos.no..._forecast.shtml

animated direction and strength for the Bay, aka, the way cool wind site

#18 Wetass

Wetass

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

The outlook for today from PRO Jeff Borland: http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=Aijfl33-Fvw

Going for 2-3 races today, expecting 12 at least for series, talks about big OCS yesterday.

#19 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

We're just headed to the boat now. No time to dick around, but here's what I sent the Ed last night after he'd gone to sleep. Links disappear in this formatting, sorry.

Chasing The Light

The 2008 Melges 24 North American Championship is shaping up to be a true battle of the titans. The boats ,may be a hell of a lot smaller than TP52s or IACCs, but the competition is “as tough as anything I've seen,” according to one America's Cup and Volvo veteran. Unsurprisingly, the biggest “golden boy” of them all is shining at the top of this heap – Terry Hutchinson now sits with a seven point lead over Olympian Gabrio Zandona on Joe Fly, with Chris “Opie” Larson just behind. That means locals in third and first place, with good reason; massive shifts and puffs all day. We saw boats on opposite tacks just 100 yards separated on the same course. Auto tacks, huge leads, and boats going from second to seventeenth in one leg – it was truly mayhem.

But it was nothing compared to the best parties at these events, which are thrown by Melges with the somewhat cheesy moniker “Melges Rocks!” Tonight's featured hot chick and overall lead holder Amy Ironmonger (amongst others) shaking her ass on the dance floor, and was punctuated by the sight of our own Anarchist “Quint” taking his shirt off and diving headfirst into the lobster tank at Philip's Seafood. Not only did this psycho (we love ya Mike!) jump into the 45 degree water, but he came up with a lobster in his teeth! Eddie Murphy, eat your heart out. “Goonie Goo Goo.”

Yesterday's leader, Dave Ullman, had a shocking final race along with a few other top dogs – though Full Throttle, Blu Moon, Simplicity, and 17 others had their radios on when they were called OCS. Ullman, along with quick Morgan Reeser didn't hear their call, and sailed the whole race only to be scored with maximum points. That shook up the standings hugely, but with only 7 races of a likely 12 run, and the quality of the fleet at what's perhaps an all time high, it's true that anything can happen.

If we had to grade this event at its midpoint, we'd give it a B+. The organizers have kicked some major ass, the venue is spectacular, the competition is ridiculous, the breeze has been there and as challenging as anyone could ask for, and the parties have already put Porto Cervo's lame attempt at fun to shame. Hell, even the IMCA has stepped up their game, with solid press releases and good pics since we slammed them the other day. Only one downside exists as far as we can see, and there's nothing Annapolites can do about the bitter cold – but it does suck! All we can say for Worlds next year is – you have to come, but bring every piece of clothing you own.

You can see every detail of the action of day 2 in what has become an insanely popular On-The-Water Anarchy report, and Day 3 is coming right at ya whether you're at school, in your office, or just screwing around at home. Check in often to see who's ahead, who's behind, and who's on their ears, right here on the thread. Yesterday's results are here.

10/31/2008

Attached Files

#20 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,815 posts
  • Interests:boats, cars, girls....

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

So, Ullman and the other guys OCS in the last race yesterday that didn't restart got to use them as throwouts?

#21 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

We're just headed to the boat now. No time to dick around, but here's what I sent the Ed last night after he'd gone to sleep. Links disappear in this formatting, sorry.

Chasing The Light

The 2008 Melges 24 North American Championship is shaping up to be a true battle of the titans. The boats ,may be a hell of a lot smaller than TP52s or IACCs, but the competition is “as tough as anything I've seen,” according to one America's Cup and Volvo veteran. Unsurprisingly, the biggest “golden boy” of them all is shining at the top of this heap – Terry Hutchinson now sits with a seven point lead over Olympian Gabrio Zandona on Joe Fly, with Chris “Opie” Larson just behind. That means locals in third and first place, with good reason; massive shifts and puffs all day. We saw boats on opposite tacks just 100 yards separated on the same course. Auto tacks, huge leads, and boats going from second to seventeenth in one leg – it was truly mayhem.

But it was nothing compared to the best parties at these events, which are thrown by Melges with the somewhat cheesy moniker “Melges Rocks!” Tonight's featured hot chick and overall lead holder Amy Ironmonger (amongst others) shaking her ass on the dance floor, and was punctuated by the sight of our own Anarchist “Quint” taking his shirt off and diving headfirst into the lobster tank at Philip's Seafood. Not only did this psycho (we love ya Mike!) jump into the 45 degree water, but he came up with a lobster in his teeth! Eddie Murphy, eat your heart out. “Goonie Goo Goo.”

Yesterday's leader, Dave Ullman, had a shocking final race along with a few other top dogs – though Full Throttle, Blu Moon, Simplicity, and 17 others had their radios on when they were called OCS. Ullman, along with quick Morgan Reeser didn't hear their call, and sailed the whole race only to be scored with maximum points. That shook up the standings hugely, but with only 7 races of a likely 12 run, and the quality of the fleet at what's perhaps an all time high, it's true that anything can happen.

If we had to grade this event at its midpoint, we'd give it a B+. The organizers have kicked some major ass, the venue is spectacular, the competition is ridiculous, the breeze has been there and as challenging as anyone could ask for, and the parties have already put Porto Cervo's lame attempt at fun to shame. Hell, even the IMCA has stepped up their game, with solid press releases and good pics since we slammed them the other day. Only one downside exists as far as we can see, and there's nothing Annapolites can do about the bitter cold – but it does suck! All we can say for Worlds next year is – you have to come, but bring every piece of clothing you own.

You can see every detail of the action of day 2 in what has become an insanely popular On-The-Water Anarchy report, and Day 3 is coming right at ya whether you're at school, in your office, or just screwing around at home. Check in often to see who's ahead, who's behind, and who's on their ears, right here on the thread. Yesterday's results are here.

10/31/2008

And the pictures of the ass shaking are................?????

#22 I_Hate_Everyone

I_Hate_Everyone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:15 PM

Chasing The Light

10/31/2008

Clean kept them for his peronal use!

#23 taylorsailor

taylorsailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

Go Max! - Light-up the afterburners on 505!!!

#24 Exit_Strategy216

Exit_Strategy216

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

Chasing The Light

The 2008 Melges 24 North American Championship is shaping up to be a true battle of the titans. The boats ,may be a hell of a lot smaller than TP52s or IACCs, but the competition is "as tough as anything I've seen," according to one America's Cup and Volvo veteran. Unsurprisingly, the biggest "golden boy" of them all is shining at the top of this heap – Terry Hutchinson now sits with a seven point lead over Olympian Gabrio Zandona on Joe Fly, with Chris "Opie" Larson just behind. That means locals in third and first place, with good reason; massive shifts and puffs all day. We saw boats on opposite tacks just 100 yards separated on the same course. Auto tacks, huge leads, and boats going from second to seventeenth in one leg – it was truly mayhem.

But it was nothing compared to the best parties at these events, which are thrown by Melges with the somewhat cheesy moniker "Melges Rocks!" Tonight's featured hot chick and overall lead holder Amy Ironmonger (amongst others) shaking her ass on the dance floor, and was punctuated by the sight of our own Anarchist "Quint" taking his shirt off and diving headfirst into the lobster tank at Philip's Seafood. Not only did this psycho (we love ya Mike!) jump into the 45 degree water, but he came up with a lobster in his teeth! Eddie Murphy, eat your heart out. "Goonie Goo Goo."

10/31/2008

Clean kept them for his peronal use!

No Pic's it did not really happen. Shout out to the S.FL team, it should warm up a little today, but I guess that is relative. Burrr cold. Kick ass CRE843.

#25 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

Go Max! - Light-up the afterburners on 505!!!

Just make sure it's AFTER the gun!

#26 Mikie

Mikie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

Clean - Any breeze out there....Saw the E32 scoot by about fifteen minutes ago...

Blowing 6-8 on spa creek from the west...Afraid the bay is going to be a vacumm...especially as we aresupposedto hit 60-65 degrees once the sun gets a little higher...I suspect Jeff will keep you guys close to the mouth o fteh Severn again, maybe work a little more north??

Mikie

#27 DryArmour

DryArmour

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,816 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

Clean - Any breeze out there....Saw the E32 scoot by about fifteen minutes ago...

Blowing 6-8 on spa creek from the west...Afraid the bay is going to be a vacumm...especially as we aresupposedto hit 60-65 degrees once the sun gets a little higher...I suspect Jeff will keep you guys close to the mouth o fteh Severn again, maybe work a little more north??

Mikie

Wind looks to be 3-5 G 6 from 260. Observations from the district's southern region show a left shift to 190 degrees and less breeze. Things get better tomorrow and Sunday.

Hey, at least there are no freeze warnings this AM.

#28 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:47 PM

Here's that interview embedded, from Justin Chisholm and the IMCA.

#29 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

Plenty of breeze right now, thank god! Man is there a lot going on out here today. Sailboats everywhere.

6-7 knots down here, raceable for sure.

#30 Smurff

Smurff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:52 PM

Clean,

Did Hike Bitches! make it to the boat, or do I need to send out a search party? :lol:

#31 rbpatt

rbpatt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:53 PM

beware the severn river teaser breeze! there may be some at the club, with nothing out on the bay.

#32 NyJboat

NyJboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:57 PM

I'll work on the white balance - this little thing has its limitations.

Dude you need to get Scot to pony up for a new camera before KWRW.

Great coverage! But the quality of the video leaves something to be desired.

Done.

I wish someone else made a significantly better camcorder that was waterproof, but they don't exist. Funnily enough, since the Ed bought us our little Sanyo more than a year ago, the same one has popped up in the hands of event press officer Justin Chisholm, owner of Sail22 Ed Furry, our own housemate Bora Gulari, and a lot of other people in this sport - journalists and otherwise. (btw, someone asked me who Ed was sailing with - it's Guy Mossman, Riot Act, in 43rd.

Remember something - while another camera could get better lighting or steadier shots, I'm limited to quality by my aircard upload speeds. I could shoot at twice the frames per second and twice the pixels with this camera, but that would mean 20 minutes or more per upload, and that would ruin this report.

This whole concept was only made possible as the 3G networks were built and integrated - and we've been waiting as the technology catches up to what we want to do. It shouldn't be long before we can do this much better for not much more cost.

I hear you man, didnt think about the fact it would take longer to upload larger videos. Like I said keep up the good work, kept me entertained at work all week.

Just think 5 years ago no one would of dreamed of this, who knows where we will be in another 5.

#33 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:00 PM

Wind direction is 190-210, and we're parked on the line, but actually just got swept back upwind - that's some current that will massively effect the teams today. Puffs to 10.

#34 Bitter Gnat

Bitter Gnat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:02 PM

.......maybe in another 5 years, Craig Leweck will be able to get out of his garage studio and show some real OTW sailing action!

#35 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:03 PM

Funny story from this morning: You might remember the dig I took at North Sails on Wednesday for not being open at 7:30 PM for some needed kite repairs - well, their response showed quite a sense of humor, which we appreciate. Greg Fisher called me for a light bitching out this morning as well, and when I got to our press boat, I noticed the attached stapled to the bollard that sits next to our slip. Classic! North apparently just work faster than the rest, according to Greg, and they'd finished all their repair work on the night that Bora went to drop off a blown up NS kite there.

Attached Files

#36 giterdone

giterdone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

Im in with Phoenix here...West marine team of Opey and Albie.............T is deadly in these conditions..7 points isnt insurmountable in this stuff and they have been top 10 every race...consistence and perserverance pays in long regattas

#37 SinWagon

SinWagon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:12 PM

Im in with Phoenix here...West marine team of Opey and Albie.............T is deadly in these conditions..7 points isnt insurmountable in this stuff and they have been top 10 every race...consistence and perserverance pays in long regattas

Not to mention the Afro-Canadian with them keeping the spirits light and the team motivated.

#38 Phoenix

Phoenix

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

Do us a favor and check the current on a crab pot or the committee boat and then check on any freighter anchored in the Bay. There can be a big differential between the shore and deeper water.

#39 I_Hate_Everyone

I_Hate_Everyone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

In?? Like your sleeping with them?

#40 Phoenix

Phoenix

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

I really should have loaned him my fleece from 598.

#41 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

Hike Bitches did indeed make it, and we lost two so we coulda taken you smurrf - sorry!

Listen: Remember we talked about some swag on offer from our great sponsors? Well, today (and tomorrow) are the days.

So, the first race we're giving away two shirts: One from Coral Reef and one from Eastport 32. The Wanker Line (according to Tom Weaver) is the line that you get when you fold the score sheet in half. The Anarchist who guesses the boat immediately above the wanker line, wins an Eastport 32 shirt. That's 23rd place.

The Coral Reef Sailing shirt will go to the Anarchist that guesses the Chileans finishing position.

Don't even think about doing it on this thread - go to the contest thread to make your guess and win your shizzle.

#42 Dixie

Dixie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:18 PM

Is the start at 1100 today? What's happening out there Clean?

Best shot so far of of the Eastport was the one at the dock. Very pretty boat. For a power boat.

#43 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:18 PM

Freighter near bloody point is broadside to wind and current. Breeze is back down a bit to 7 at the moment.

AP is still up.

#44 suider

suider

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:21 PM

jeebus. you and HB on the boat. i wonder how fast i could make it there? :lol:

nice job with the coverage, bro....

/c

#45 giterdone

giterdone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

nah never met her...know T pretty well though....dont sleep with him either

#46 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

I finally got some stuff up from Nationals last month, and you can check it out while we wait. Waiting isn't for long though. 4 legs, 240.

Here's the final finish from Charleston:

And here's the Barbarians after that finish.

#47 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

That was an awesome false start. FUCK!

Hang on, gotta get that up.

#48 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

Reeser and Kristen Lane were down here, Reeser just to leeward and they both had to go head to wind to get around the pin boat! It took them about 20 seconds to move the final inch. Great stuff. Sit tight.

jeebus. you and HB on the boat. i wonder how fast i could make it there? :lol:

nice job with the coverage, bro....

/c

Love ya brother.

#49 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:36 PM

We finally have a set of binoculars aboard, which should help things some. Any of you gear suppliers who wants to donate a nice pair for the next big event, PM me.

Wind is DOWN, and Hike Bitches and Tom see a big rightie coming out of the Severn. BTW, The IRC boats are finishing in the Severn, so we should have quite the spectacle here, assuming we have any wind the rest of the day.

#50 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,815 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

video?

#51 giterdone

giterdone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

anything?

#52 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:39 PM

Brian Porter, owner of FUll Throttle, talks at Charleston Nationals.

AP STILL UP.

#53 Phoenix

Phoenix

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:41 PM

BIG fanning shifts near the mouth of the Severn. Autotacks are not unknown. If it heats up some, huge puffs are also seen.

#54 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

Brian Janney and Amy Ironmonger from Quantum Racing talk to us this morning.

#55 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:47 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...vrs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anyone else tired of the HUGE sunglasses trend for women nowadays? Why don't they get it over with and just put a polarized fishbowl over their heads and call it a day.............

#56 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,815 posts

New drinking game. Every time Clean says "ripping", DRINK!

#57 rbpatt

rbpatt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Clean, get people to take their sunglasses off during the video- you can't see who people are with them on

#58 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

Clean, get people to take their sunglasses off during the video- you can't see who people are with them on

And tops if you can pull it off...........

#59 tronner

tronner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...vrs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Clean?

Who's bottom was cleaner..Brian's or Amy's?

#60 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:52 PM

Mer's shots from Race 8 General Recall.

Breeze is stuck up by the western shore, floating around right now, listening to tunes, debating what time Rum O' Clock is.

Attached Files

#61 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:53 PM

Here's the video:

#62 rbpatt

rbpatt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:57 PM

topless in late october in nap town might be a stretch- you could take an eye out with that!

#63 NewportStormer

NewportStormer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

"All right, Hamilton!"

Go newbs: McNay, Enright, Bisssman, Hughes and token babe, whoever she may be.

#64 giterdone

giterdone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

anything n the racing?1st mark rounding?

#65 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

PRO Jeff Borland "We're in a little bit of a rock and a hard place here, with some breeze off to the S, the J/105s over there are moving fine, but that's a long way and there's not much room over there." We may move just a bit toward the shore to get in the breeze over there, but we'll let you know."

#66 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

Best shot so far of of the Eastport was the one at the dock.

it's so cute how they put a little wheel in the back for clean to play admiral with. all aboard!

is hanging out by the shrouds legal? see the 3-boat start no. 18 pic above.

s.

As long as they're not using the shrouds to roll the boat, it's all good. I love that little wheel, too.

#67 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

While we wait, here's another video from Nationals: Simon Strauss, team Simplicity.

#68 usa12349

usa12349

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

whats happening with that IRC regatta close by.... its the 50 miler today, wonder if they got it going

#69 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:27 PM

We're heading closer to the J/105 fleet to fins some breeze. Looks better over here already.

#70 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:28 PM

Don't see the IRC boats, but the solings are just to the West and the 105s are to the South. Pretty cool - I have my reservations about Annapolis at times, but man - what a place for watching sailboats.

#71 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:32 PM

This is REALLY interesting - the water is so cold that we are actually seeing a 150-165 degree thermal breeze here. Seabreeze, bitches - at 5 knots right now.

#72 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

RC is setting up!

#73 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

Steady 5-6 here, 7-8 on the left.

Wind is 180 now - fully out of the south.

#74 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

C'mon RC - let's go Yachetting!

#75 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

IN case you've been wondering exactly what our Eastport 32 looks like, Mer just jumped on a RIB to get you some perspective.

Attached Files

#76 Smurff

Smurff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

WE need a new RC boat down here at SMSA. Tell Hike Bitches! to write Tom a check for it. I'll be up there this afternoon to help him bring it home. :P

#77 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

Anyone who thinks we're a bunch of irresponsible bastards, take note: Hike, Bitches just saw a chunk of styrofoam on the water, Weaver chased it down, and Mer bent over the rail gratuitously to do our part to Save The Bay. Someone give us a cookie. RC stilll trying to get a line set...

#78 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

RC really needs to get this going. Shifty, sure - but the breeze is here and it's getting late.

#79 Glitter In The Eye

Glitter In The Eye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:06 PM

here is off topic work safe reading until they get started.

http://100percentinj...f-athletes.html

#80 taylorsailor

taylorsailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:06 PM

"gratuitous bend over" - pics or didn't happen!!

#81 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

We can just see the big IRC boats coming back along the Western Shore - for sure Vincitore, maybe Sjambok and Amanda Core all kites up and trucking.

#82 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

Here's a video I just pulled from poop's thread. On board Speedboat. Not what we're gonna see here today :)

#83 rbpatt

rbpatt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:14 PM

Um, annapolis & eastport are on the western shore. I think you mean the eastern shore, right?

#84 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:14 PM

One more bit of sponsor pimpin' while we wait for this sluggish RC: Latis Yachting Solutions is offering 10% off any yacht transport that you book for the rest of the year up through KW - just mention On-The-Water Anarchy when you ask for a quote. Also, the discount for a full season's schedule is a full 15%.

Check 'em out.

#85 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:16 PM

Um, annapolis & eastport are on the western shore. I think you mean the eastern shore, right?

Yep, you're right. They're just past bloody point.

#86 <deleted user>

<deleted user>

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:19 PM

thanks for the coverage, clean.
also, you may want to credit sailgroove for the shot of the dude in the lobster tank above-- http://www.sailgroov...coverage/234222
or did chris love snake your content?

#87 Big Show

Big Show

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

Fight!

#88 suider

suider

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:32 PM

Go newbs: McNay, Enright, Bisssman, Hughes and token babe, whoever she may be.

word.

hopin yd comes up for a visit after this event.....

/c

#89 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:33 PM

IRC roundings coming up! M24s are still dicking around

#90 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

thanks for the coverage, clean.
also, you may want to credit sailgroove for the shot of the dude in the lobster tank above-- http://www.sailgroov...coverage/234222
or did chris love snake your content?

Got the SMashing Pumpkins blaring on the stereo - apropos for Halloween, dontcha think?

I met Chris Love last night - good dude, good sense of humor - but I didn't get the shot from him.

Sweet! AP coming down in one minute!

#91 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:42 PM

30 seconds to Class Flag. Bring it!

#92 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

4 legs, 190 deg. 3:30 - going on the roof.

#93 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:53 PM

Big pin end favored start, fleet is headed to the Eastern Shore. Video of the start loading, check out the roundings of the first two baots at the distance race of the IRC thing.

Vincitore:

Mayhem:

#94 NyJboat

NyJboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:56 PM

Big pin end favored start, fleet is headed to the Eastern Shore. Video of the start loading, check out the roundings of the first two baots at the distance race of the IRC thing.

Vincitore:

Clean forgot to ask yesterday, how fast were they going up wind when you were pacing them?

Same question today downwind?

#95 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

The course includes an 800 foot long tanker right in the middle of the course. No shit.

#96 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:01 PM

Vincitore:

Clean forgot to ask yesterday, how fast were they going up wind when you were pacing them?

Same question today downwind?

Maybe 12-14 knots.

Coming up the middle right is Blu Moon, Rock N Roll, and Larson.

#97 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:02 PM

Joe Fly, MFatic, and Full Throttle coming in from the far right, with Hutch just behind. Hutch tacking onto the layline now. HB says he might be ahead.

#98 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

Great top rounding!

Full Throttle ahead,
MFATIC just behind

Hike, Bitches first day on the job - SUCKED at the top mark and we can't give you the full roundings - no worries though - watch the video in a few minutes and you'll see them all.

His penance is to pour Vodkas for me all day. BTW, I'm on my second big glass.

#99 giterdone

giterdone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:08 PM

Whats happening anything good

#100 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:08 PM

Larson came in on PT layline and got stopped at the pin, rolled by Joe Fly, Blu Moon - a shitload. Big IRC boats are coming through the fleet on the DW leg. Classic racing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users