#1 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:19 AM

Having been drinking since 1 PM, I figured if I didn't start this thread now, I'd never do it. I need to get Mer to the airport by 0530 so she can get back to Charleston for her mom's 60th birthday, and then I need to dive on 13 boats - so I will be tired out by the time I get to our Eastport 32 for the day's coverage.

But we'll be out there - fueled by nicotine and vodka, we'll get you all the action on the final day of On-The-Water Anarchy from the 2008 Melges 24 North American Championship. I've got a spectacular guest photographer on board with me tomorrow - local art photog Sara Procter will be snapping, and hopefully I can get her and her computer assistant up to speed fast enough for them to provide you with some good shots in a timely manner. We'll see how it goes - I'm optimistic.

One more mention of our sponsors - without whom, we'd never have made it to the water. Tom Weaver's Eastport 32, which is – by far – the best spectating boat that we've ever had the pleasure to be on; George and the Coral Reef Sailing Apparel folks, who have more great giveaways today, and Latis Yachting Solutions, the most reliable, fully insured and DOT licensed, racing yacht delivery company there is - they're throwing a 10% discount for any boat transport this winter to the Anarchists.

Here's Dave Ullman after day 3 - talking about his protest. Listen, and come back later for more on how it went down - and what's to come on that front.

#2 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:23 AM

David Dabney is helming Wireless - owner Reggie Fairchild couldn't make it, so Dabney, a former college all-american, is driving his first Melges regatta with some eye-popping results. Dabney's fast, and he's getting his own Melges to get the Charleston fleet comfortably in the double digits. Good on' em.

#3 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:24 AM

Gabrio Zandona is one of our favorite guys in the fleet. He's not the usual blustering italiano - he's just chill, and fast, and mellow, and ultra competitive. Here's a long one with Gabi.

#4 Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:35 AM

Gabrio Zandona is one of our favorite guys in the fleet. He's not the usual blustering italiano - he's just chill, and fast, and mellow, and ultra competitive. Here's a long one with Gabi.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...jcs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9:30 on Friday night and you're still posting - that's serious dedication. I hadn't seen a thing and caught up completely due to your efforts. Keep up the good work. I still owe you a cocktail, but I ain't going out tonight. You around tomorrow night?

#5 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:39 AM

9:30 on Friday night and you're still posting - that's serious dedication. I hadn't seen a thing and caught up completely due to your efforts. Keep up the good work. I still owe you a cocktail, but I ain't going out tonight. You around tomorrow night?

Not only am I around tomorrow night, but my wife ain't, and I got all women on the Eastport 32. They'll come out, I'm sure.

#6 iqcraig

iqcraig

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:49 AM

Here's Dave Ullman after day 3 - talking about his protest. Listen, and come back later for more on how it went down - and what's to come on that front.

Questionable reasoning behind the protest. I would think that the fact that 15 boats were called over early is far more unfair than racing "too much" in a day. Can we really get mad when the RC is pushing for more racing, and it is not specifically stated in the SI's?

#7 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:58 AM

The rehearing was denied, but the reasoning gets pretty bizarre. Yesterday, as Dave said, the jury found the RC in error, and wrote the facts found as such. Today, they changed that finding - presumably to avoid throwing the race out, but cover their asses a bit better. The decision - which I'm waiting for a written copy of - now finds that the NOR's provision for 2-3 races only conflicts with the Sailing Instructions, which is completely silent on the matter. That's some weird shit.

I predict another rehearing tomorrow. And it really could win.

#8 thistleracer

thistleracer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:57 AM

Questionable reasoning behind the protest. I would think that the fact that 15 boats were called over early is far more unfair than racing "too much" in a day. Can we really get mad when the RC is pushing for more racing, and it is not specifically stated in the SI's?

Good on Jeff and crew! Calling the boats instead of just slouching into a general is the way any proffessional race officer will tell you it should be done even if you call all the boats except one. Per a friend from Premiere Racing.

While I hate to see a "good"(I use that term loosely in context alone) race thrown out Ullman has pretty sound footing to get that race tossed. If there is documentation that states a fixed number of races then that standard holds true even if the SI's don't mention it. In the RC's position I would post on the official race notification board that each day will consist of as many races as possble.

P.S. Clean tell Jeff Borland that we all miss him at Pymatuning Yacht Club. I am sure he would agree that you could get some sweet OD dinghy OTW action out here! (Maybe Spring Classic or Independence Day regatta. HINT HINT) Shameless pimping OUT!

#9 NoWorries

NoWorries

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:15 AM

Gotta pimp the event sponsors again - without them there would be no racing, and nothing for Clean to do....

The 2008 North American Championship is sponsored by Pusser’s Rum, Pusser’s Caribbean Grille, Coral Reef Sailing Apparel, Gill, Melges Performance Sailboats, Team Barbarians</SPAN>, Atlantic Yacht Rigging, Velocitek, North Sails, Quantum Sails, Harken, Westin Annapolis, USMCA, Sail22, Annapolis Wireless Internet (AWI), Eastport Yacht Center, National Sailing Hall of Fame, Annapolis Maritime Museum, and Marriott Annapolis Waterfront. The Melges 24 Class and the Eastport Yacht Club are extremely proud to be partnered with these outstanding companies and thank them for their generous support of the 2008 Melges 24 North American Championship.

#10 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:17 AM

Off to go and scrub bottoms...more on that later. Amuse yourself with this interview of Kristen Lane, former SCOTW and helm of Brickhouse 623. Kristen talks about why women should own and drive more boats, how good the 24 is for women, what her reception has been like in the fleet, and where she gets those wheels from.

Check it.

#11 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:35 PM

Good on Jeff and crew! Calling the boats instead of just slouching into a general is the way any proffessional race officer will tell you it should be done even if you call all the boats except one. Per a friend from Premiere Racing.

While I hate to see a "good"(I use that term loosely in context alone) race thrown out Ullman has pretty sound footing to get that race tossed. If there is documentation that states a fixed number of races then that standard holds true even if the SI's don't mention it. In the RC's position I would post on the official race notification board that each day will consist of as many races as possble.

P.S. Clean tell Jeff Borland that we all miss him at Pymatuning Yacht Club. I am sure he would agree that you could get some sweet OD dinghy OTW action out here! (Maybe Spring Classic or Independence Day regatta. HINT HINT) Shameless pimping OUT!

I thinks it's all BS...........if any of the protesters actually cared about the 2-3 race line they would have protested prior to race 4...........the jury should tell them all to go get them rum drinks and quit wasting their time

#12 I_Hate_Everyone

I_Hate_Everyone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:47 PM

I thinks it's all BS...........if any of the protesters actually cared about the 2-3 race line they would have protested prior to race 4...........the jury should tell them all to go get them rum drinks and quit wasting their time

I agree! If Clean had any balls that is the question he would have asked Ullman....If you had won the race would you still be trying to get it thrown out?

#13 polarbear

polarbear

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:47 PM

If nobody was OCS or DSQ there would be no complaints about an extra race. This of course is a tactic
to try to avoid having this particular race count. Had they been top 5, they'd would not be protesting and
that's why it's a BS move (IMHO). It's kind of ironic given all the bitching RCs typically get for not getting
races going.

#14 thistleracer

thistleracer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:51 PM

Off to go and scrub bottoms...more on that later. Amuse yourself with this interview of Kristen Lane, former SCOTW and helm of Brickhouse 623. Kristen talks about why women should own and drive more boats, how good the 24 is for women, what her reception has been like in the fleet, and where she gets those wheels from.

Check it.

Now the T Hutch interview was good but this one is even better! Great job clean and Cheers Kristen for having the stones (figuritivley) to get to a level to play with the big boys!

#15 iqcraig

iqcraig

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

If nobody was OCS or DSQ there would be no complaints about an extra race. This of course is a tactic
to try to avoid having this particular race count. Had they been top 5, they'd would not be protesting and
that's why it's a BS move (IMHO). It's kind of ironic given all the bitching RCs typically get for not getting
races going.

word

#16 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:01 PM

races going.

word

hell, they were so excited to do 4th race they started too soon!

#17 usa12349

usa12349

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:03 PM

races going.

This isn't a BS move.... this is part of the game, he's a professional and his livelihood depends upon placing as best as he possibly can. If that mean he has a chance to improve his score by protesting and getting a race tossed so be it. Shit its not like what Jud Smith did recently is it

#18 thistleracer

thistleracer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:04 PM

races going.

I agree with all of the above but at this level everyone in the protest would smile and giggle if you asked them the question of whether they would protest if they were leading the regatta. Unfortunatley IMHO the rules are in place for a reason and people are always going to find a way to use them to their advantage. This goes against the part of the RRS that states that sailing in general is a corinthian sport and that as a participant you are to act accordingly (lets us see someone protest on that basis). Question is does the rule making RC infallible also exclude them from corinthian action) I beleive that the race commitees duty is to get as many races as possible off but the hired guns will prevail in the zealotry to get this one tossed because of an improperly worded document. Again IMHO never put a number on an NOR or SI unless it is followed by "but will try to sail as many as possible per day"

#19 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:06 PM

races going.

This isn't a BS move.... this is part of the game, he's a professional and his livelihood depends upon placing as best as he possibly can. If that mean he has a chance to improve his score by protesting and getting a race tossed so be it. Shit its not like what Jud Smith did recently is it

what happens if they get 0 races in today? throw the whole regatta out?

#20 I_Hate_Everyone

I_Hate_Everyone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

races going.

So then why did he even bother to sail the race.

#21 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:08 PM

races going.

just because it's justified does not make it a non-bs move..............

#22 I_Hate_Everyone

I_Hate_Everyone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:08 PM

races going.

Apparently they can't have one race either, only 2 to 3. That is an amateur bullshit move.

Clean call them on this. Don't be a pussy!

#23 thistleracer

thistleracer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:10 PM

races going.

The answer to that is if they don't meet the required minimum they unequivocally yes and for the inverse of why they are trying to get this race tossed. I had that happen at a college regatta and that was George Griswold's stance.

#24 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:21 PM

races going.

The answer to that is if they don't meet the required minimum they unequivocally yes and for the inverse of why they are trying to get this race tossed. I had that happen at a college regatta and that was George Griswold's stance.

OK, I'll let this one go....it's obviously getting me riled up. I just think that sailors show up to sail and should be looking forward to getting as many races in a humanly possible..........

#25 polarbear

polarbear

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:21 PM

I don't know about that. Ullman has nothing to prove. He's a top shelf sailor. If he drops a few
places in one regatta because he had one OCS too many, no big deal: he's still a great sailor.
However, it's easy to lose people's respect (Remember Paul's saying) and these pros
need that more that one regatta's results. So they should be careful about trying to win
on technicalities.

#26 thistleracer

thistleracer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:28 PM

HA people don't hire nice guys they hire winners as per Ricky Bobby you ain't first you're last/winner's do what they want. People don't hire these guys for their self respect they hire them for their sharp teeth, ask and Farr40 regatta protest commitee

#27 polarbear

polarbear

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:33 PM

HA people don't hire nice guys they hire winners as per Ricky Bobby you ain't first you're last/winner's do what they want. People don't hire these guys for their self respect they hire them for their sharp teeth, ask and Farr40 regatta protest commitee

I think there is a difference between being aggressive on the water and being the guy
who protests because another team didn't have their life jackets on or because the race committee started an
extra race (which was cool until they found out they were OCS..). But maybe that's just me...

#28 JItillIdie

JItillIdie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:36 PM

Dabney's fast, and he's getting his own Melges to get the Charleston fleet comfortably in the double digits. Good on' em.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...Ljg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You better add one more to the Chas fleet count. I just agreed in principle to a boat.

#29 Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:40 PM

100% agree, the protest is weak. If "the players" who were OCS all finished high and Hutchinson tanked...this would ABSOLUTELY be breaking down very differently. Its all about manipulation of the rules to ones own advantage. I agree that all sailors (especially at a big championship like this one) should be prepared to sail as much as possible, with no BS complaints. The OCS situation makes it stand out a little more, but does not change a thing. Finally the NOR/SA screw up is dumb...too much information, to specific. PRO's should learn a solid lesson here...

races going.

OK, I'll let this one go....it's obviously getting me riled up. I just think that sailors show up to sail and should be looking forward to getting as many races in a humanly possible..........

#30 thistleracer

thistleracer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:53 PM

10 min to a gun where the fuck is clean I think we have been given too much time to let our minds wander and idle mind is the devils playground

#31 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:02 PM

I talked to PRO Jeff Borland for a few minutes about the redress request. He told me that when he changed that part of the NOR in the SIs, he deliberately left out the mention of a number of races for the RC to run. That's why there was no error - because the SIs didn't actually conflict - they governed. He admitted that it was not worded the way it should have been, but he's got a convincing argument. Reeser and Ullman and a few other boats may have some precedent though - I haven't seen their case.

Regardless of whether it was a bullshit move, it's now an exercise in sailing law.

We'll see what happens.

AP is up, I've got 5 sexy ladies with me today, and none of them is my wife. My job sucks.

#32 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:07 PM

I have a special guest photographer aboard today - welcome Sara Proctor to OTW Anarchy again - her first time was in Key West.

She's a local photographer with an awesome eye, who recently won the Eastport EYC Lights Parade Poster Contest - beating out several prominent photogs. She'll have a ton of photos on display at EYC for people to see and purchase, so check it out. Also, check out http://www.saraproctor.com for more about this great chick.

AP still up. This is a test of our new photographer/upload team.

Attached Files

• Attached File  033.jpg   148.14K   60 downloads
  • Attached File  034.jpg   146.44K   44 downloads
  • Attached File  035.jpg   134.9K   33 downloads
  • Attached File  036.jpg   128.28K   27 downloads

#33 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:09 PM

Whoa - the girls just poured a round of screwdrivers.

#34 Downtown

Downtown

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:11 PM

Whoa - the girls just poured a round of screwdrivers.

And MER has logged off. Let's go Clean, get it started.

#35 thistleracer

thistleracer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:17 PM

Go Hutch! and a round of Bloodies out here in the TOL!!

#36 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:25 PM

Still in AP - there is some wind, but the PRO is being very conservative - and looks like he wants to get one good race in. Can anyone check the SIs for me and let me know what's the deadline for today?

#37 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:30 PM

We've got the privilege of having Esin Gulari aboard today - yep, that's tactician Bora Gulari's mom. She did a ton of windsurf racing, some FJ stuff, even a banshee, and is looking forward to seeing her son with a good day today. Bora, with Simon on Simplicity, has had moments of brilliance with the biggest margin of victory of any race in this regatta on Day 2, and a 3 earlier in the day. Unfortunately, the other two races that day were both OCS, with the team clawing back to a 32 and 25 - making the top ten unlikely for this talented team.

Borland "there are some nice puffs coming through, but the air is still up and down and unstable."

#38 TRAMP

TRAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:32 PM

[quote name='MR.CLEAN' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:25 AM' post='1968586']
Still in AP - there is some wind, but the PRO is being very conservative - and looks like he wants to get one good race in. Can anyone check the SIs for me and let me know what's the deadline for today?
[/quote
Silent. Same as every other day.

#39 Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:33 PM

http://www.annapolis...As_SI_Final.pdf

Above are the SI's. I see NO DEADLINE for starting a race today. I may be wrong, someone double check and see if I missed anything.

#40 Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:35 PM

7. SCHEDULE OF RACES
7.1 Registration, crew weighing, boat measurement
and sail registration will be as follows:
Sunday, October 26 1300 – 1700
Monday, October 27 1000 – 1700
Tuesday, October 28 1000 – 1700
7.2 Pre‐Event Racing Schedule
Tuesday, October 28
Tuning Clinic/Practice Race 1300
7.3 Tuesday, October 28, there will be a competitors
meeting at 1800.
7.4 Racing Schedule
Wednesday, October 29
Thursday, October 30
Friday, October 31
Saturday, November 1
7.5 The scheduled time of the warning signal for the
first race each day is 1100 hours.
7.6 When the race committee finish boat displays
Flag 2nd Sub, this shall signal their intent to
conduct another race. Flag2nd Sub will be
removed with one long sound, and the warning
signal will be made 1 minute after removal. This
changes RRS Race Signals.

Above are the SI's. I see NO DEADLINE for starting a race today. I may be wrong, someone double check and see if I missed anything.

#41 thistleracer

thistleracer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

with a sunday as a travel day they will push late to get races in

#42 Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:39 PM

What time will the Kettle One start flowing on the 32 today? I am going with 12:30 pm.

#43 thistleracer

thistleracer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:42 PM

What time will the Kettle One start flowing on the 32 today? I am going with 12:30 pm.

Ha the ladies are already pushing the screwdrivers as per above

#44 The Gardener

The Gardener

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:44 PM

I think it is already flowing. I will go with 10 minutes after dock time.

#45 SailDry

SailDry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:50 PM

Race already started. What the hell are Clean and those five girls doing?

Course is just under a mile in 5-7 knots.

#46 jibeset

jibeset

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Fishing, Hunting and anything with ing on the end.

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:51 PM

Clean,

We need video of the women you are with....

#47 TRAMP

TRAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:53 PM

Clean: Need a new keyboard?

#48 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:54 PM

Race 10 Start! WTF and MFatic win the pin. Left is paying once again.

Attached Files

• Attached File  174.jpg   134.57K   64 downloads
  • Attached File  207.jpg   132.21K   64 downloads
  • Attached File  176.jpg   139.47K   98 downloads
  • Attached File  203.jpg   140.58K   42 downloads
  • Attached File  181.jpg   141.16K   57 downloads

#49 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:04 PM

A brief introduction to our all-girl crew today on Anarchy.

#50 TRAMP

TRAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

Field, Reeser, Ullman from the left gonna lead. Clean? oh Clean!

#51 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:06 PM

TOp Mark Rounding:

WTF
MFATIC
Blu Moon
Joe Fly
Monsoon
Ullman
Quantum
I'm With STupid
Full Throttle
Larson
Wild Child
High Voltage
McNay
Blur
Mrs Brick House
No Decorum!
Jim GOlden
Wireless

This is a big mixup - 757 - simplicity was deep and must have been over early...again!

#52 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:07 PM

Dabney's fast, and he's getting his own Melges to get the Charleston fleet comfortably in the double digits. Good on' em.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...Ljg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You better add one more to the Chas fleet count. I just agreed in principle to a boat.

Holy Crap! Congrats brother - if you need good crew, give us a call.

#53 TRAMP

TRAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:12 PM

Field
Reeser
Flavini
Ullman 6th
Hutch 7th

#54 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:14 PM

Top Mark of Race 10:

Attached Files

• Attached File  218.jpg   132.92K   37 downloads
  • Attached File  326.jpg   136.5K   39 downloads
  • Attached File  321.jpg   138.08K   21 downloads
  • Attached File  220.jpg   130.39K   30 downloads
  • Attached File  305.jpg   132.41K   13 downloads
  • Attached File  241.jpg   141.25K   38 downloads
  • Attached File  295.jpg   145.06K   21 downloads
  • Attached File  262.jpg   154.63K   16 downloads
  • Attached File  293.jpg   145.23K   28 downloads

#55 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:17 PM

Bottom Mark - and everyone's tearing off in a drag race to the left side.

MFatci
WTF
Blu Moon
Joe Fly
Ullman
QUantum
Monsoon
Larson
I'm WIth stupid
FUll Throttle
Wild Child (go the filter!)
Stu MCNay
Hiugh VOltage
Blur
Mrs Brick House

#56 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:21 PM

Not sure why this uploaded before the start video, but here is the top mark:

#57 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:27 PM

This is turning into a procession to the left side. Alan Field took the right gate, got stuck on that side just a bit, and got passed by Blu Moon. The left is the only place with breeze, albeit light.

Final WW Mark:

MFatci
Blu Moon
WTF
Joe Fly
Ullman
Hutch
Monsoon
Larson
Full Throttle
Wild Child
Im with Tupid
Blur
Mrs Brick House

Headed to the finish!

#58 stsomewhere

stsomewhere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

It did look like joe fly fouled the outside boat at the first windward mark.

(If you complete the tack within the 2 BL circle then you cannot make the outside boat sail above close hauled. You could see the jib luffing on the outside boat. That is why Terry was yelling - at least from the video I saw).

#59 njal690

njal690

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

good coverage so far..Locals on west marine in third all wek won a race and top ten consistent...no interviews is this the anti blue dot thing again?

#60 Onrust1368

Onrust1368

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

(If you complete the tack within the 2 BL circle then you cannot make the outside boat sail above close hauled. You could see the jib luffing on the outside boat. That is why Terry was yelling - at least from the video I saw).

that can get really tricky to interpret -
if the outside boat is overstood, and has their jib eased, it will luff if they head up a bit, even if they're not above close-hauled...

#61 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

good coverage so far..Locals on west marine in third all wek won a race and top ten consistent...no interviews is this the anti blue dot thing again?

you ever try to talk to larson at a regatta? good luck! :lol:

#62 TRAMP

TRAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

Zandona flying protest flag since second beat?

#63 jibeset

jibeset

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Fishing, Hunting and anything with ing on the end.

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

What the heck is happening?????????????? Clean drink something to wake yourself up.

#64 Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:43 PM

I know...we need more flow!!! Crank the info nozzle to the left a bit dude!

What the heck is happening?????????????? Clean drink something to wake yourself up.

#65 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

you ever try to talk to larson at a regatta? good luck! :lol:

Exactly. We're at the finish now - no huge changes, slow racing, but the vodka has started flowing so things should get better from here!

Attached Files

• Attached File  488.jpg   137.61K   16 downloads
  • Attached File  621.jpg   127.57K   13 downloads
  • Attached File  499.jpg   145.44K   12 downloads
  • Attached File  602.jpg   132.16K   13 downloads
  • Attached File  517.jpg   140.65K   15 downloads
  • Attached File  594.jpg   141.79K   13 downloads
  • Attached File  581.jpg   127.29K   12 downloads
  • Attached File  543.jpg   131.16K   27 downloads
  • Attached File  554.jpg   149.73K   13 downloads

#66 explenture

explenture

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:45 PM

Anyone know who is sailing with John Kolius?

#67 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

Anyone know who is sailing with John Kolius?

I know Farley Fontonot is............not sure about the rest

#68 TRAMP

TRAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

Reeser
Favini
Field
Zandona
Ullman
Hutch

#69 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

Finish:

MFatic
Blu Moon
WTF
Joe Fly
Ullman
Quantum
Larson
Monsoon
FT
WIld Child
High Voltage
I'm With Stupid
Wireless/OSA
McNay
Kristen Lane
Blur
RockNRoll
Convexity
Sweaty Betty
Kolius
Othmar
Vince Portrer
Barbarians
WOlf Lixfeld
Funtech
Zingara
No Decorum
Jim Golden
SImplicity
Henry Colie
John Hamilton
Firewater
Riot Act
Vapour Trail
Tiburon
Peter Lane
Robbie Wilkins
Chris Hamilton
Entoruage

MOre:

Jim Gunderson
12 Hapy thoughts
Cujo
Chileans
Arthur Bressie

For a Coral Reef Sailing Apparel wicking shirt, guess the color of Lauren's panties. Seriously. We've got five girls and five more shirts or hats to give away.

#70 TRAMP

TRAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

Did you catch the protest call-in from Zandona?

#71 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:51 PM

TRAMP - thanks for the class site updates.

RC is going to roll quickly into another start - the final one of the regatta!

#72 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

Youtube is being a motherfucker - videos are loaded, but all say "processing" so I can't link them yet. Sit tight. Wind is light, shite, and left.

#73 stsomewhere

stsomewhere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

that can get really tricky to interpret -
if the outside boat is overstood, and has their jib eased, it will luff if they head up a bit, even if they're not above close-hauled...

Excellent point. I was trying to keep it short for the post, but you are correct. It appeared that the wind went left (boats on the left overstood, boats on the right seemed to be hanging on for dear life). It was purely a guess from the video. joe fly would have an uphill battle to prove that the other boat was NOT close hauled. If the boat actually protested and claimed they were close hauled, then it would take a LOT for the other boat to show that they were not close hauled. It didn't come to that, and you make a great point. I was just trying to stir the pot a little bit.

#74 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:54 PM

Entourage is protesting the Chileans.

You guys can go ahead an guess the panties here in this thread - it's saturday, so it won't get too crazy.

#75 Onrust1368

Onrust1368

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:55 PM

Excellent point. I was trying to keep it short for the post, but you are correct. It appeared that the wind went left (boats on the left overstood, boats on the right seemed to be hanging on for dear life). It was purely a guess from the video. joe fly would have an uphill battle to prove that the other boat was NOT close hauled. If the boat actually protested and claimed they were close hauled, then it would take a LOT for the other boat to show that they were not close hauled. It didn't come to that, and you make a great point. I was just trying to stir the pot a little bit.

thanks, some pots need stirring... ;)
this happened between the top 2 boats in last year's Ensign nationals, and the pot got really stirred - there's a fun thread on it -

#76 stsomewhere

stsomewhere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:55 PM

For a Coral Reef Sailing Apparel wicking shirt, guess the color of Lauren's panties. Seriously. We've got five girls and five more shirts or hats to give away.

I am going for 'Teal' - don't know why. (Getting cocky after winning the shirt from yesterday!)

#77 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:56 PM

More shots.

Attached Files

• Attached File  639.jpg   144.4K   22 downloads
  • Attached File  673.jpg   132.81K   19 downloads
  • Attached File  642.jpg   126.53K   46 downloads
  • Attached File  672.jpg   130.56K   12 downloads
  • Attached File  648.jpg   150.46K   22 downloads
  • Attached File  669.jpg   144.71K   10 downloads
  • Attached File  655.jpg   142.42K   30 downloads
  • Attached File  666.jpg   155.51K   27 downloads
  • Attached File  658.jpg   128.09K   14 downloads
  • Attached File  660.jpg   126.52K   11 downloads

#78 oneguyfromdetroit

oneguyfromdetroit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Sex Drugs and Rock and Roll, Motorcycles

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

You guys can go ahead an guess the panties here in this thread - it's saturday, so it won't get too crazy.

Trick question. She isn't wearing any.

#79 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:59 PM

Finish:

Attached Files

• Attached File  837.jpg   135.87K   11 downloads
  • Attached File  687.jpg   119.19K   11 downloads
  • Attached File  816.jpg   142.81K   64 downloads
  • Attached File  690.jpg   133.63K   15 downloads
  • Attached File  812.jpg   142.32K   42 downloads
  • Attached File  691.jpg   128.51K   15 downloads
  • Attached File  805.jpg   139.47K   13 downloads
  • Attached File  704.jpg   142.18K   11 downloads
  • Attached File  793.jpg   131.8K   6 downloads
  • Attached File  711.jpg   136.29K   11 downloads
  • Attached File  775.jpg   138.68K   7 downloads
  • Attached File  714.jpg   159.18K   8 downloads
  • Attached File  767.jpg   140.63K   4 downloads
  • Attached File  727.jpg   141.22K   30 downloads
  • Attached File  762.jpg   124.83K   4 downloads
  • Attached File  728.jpg   138.08K   8 downloads
  • Attached File  760.jpg   136.47K   7 downloads
  • Attached File  737.jpg   146.24K   21 downloads
  • Attached File  747.jpg   148.27K   26 downloads
  • Attached File  744.jpg   139.87K   12 downloads
  • Attached File  738.jpg   141.52K   25 downloads

#80 taylorsailor

taylorsailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:01 PM

black

#81 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:01 PM

The radio chatter from the fisherman is hilarious! One guy says: "There are people out there who just shouldn't be allowed to have a boat."

PRO just warned competitors to stay away from the barges, and that they got complaints yesterday.

#82 sailski

sailski

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:02 PM

Damn oneguy, we must have hung out too much over the years, I alreday posted that answer on the contest thread

#83 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

Damn oneguy, we must have hung out too much over the years, I alreday posted that answer on the contest thread

I don't care who wins.......I just want to see the proof

#84 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

Larson just stopped by to ask if Blu Moon got 2nd or third...

#85 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

That didn't take long. You win!

NExt girl: Amy. Guess 'em.

#86 njal690

njal690

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:08 PM

ensign thing was two years ago ..let it die

#87 Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

gray.

#88 sailski

sailski

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Clean--- Abiding by your rules yesterday, I think that you will see that I answered on the contest thread before Oneguy... So who wins?

#89 Onrust1368

Onrust1368

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

ensign thing was two years ago ..let it die

just used it to illustrate the rules issue, i don't really care about how it turned out...

#90 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

So Terry has this wrapped if this is the last race and they don't check race 7 correct? His max points would be 40 and JF is at 46

#91 TRAMP

TRAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

Clean--- Abiding by your rules yesterday, I think that you will see that I answered on the contest thread before Oneguy...
So who wins?
Give it to one guy. If you give it to sailski, he will look like George Costanza on the famous shrinkage episode of Seinfeld.

#92 TRAMP

TRAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:16 PM

So Terry has this wrapped if this is the last race and they don't check race 7 correct? His max points would be 40 and JF is at 46

If they throw out race 7, Favini sits at 28 and Hutch at 29.

#93 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

What a start! Hutchinson over early has to go around the boat, MFatic hung up on the pin boat, Simplicity wins the whole thing than gets called OCS, and JOE FLY OWNS THE LEFT RIGHT NOW. HUtch took 20 transoms and went out to the right! He could be buried here, and QR could have an issue!

#94 Ren

Ren

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:20 PM

If they throw out race 7, Favini sits at 28 and Hutch at 29.

is it still open to whether or not race 7 will count or is the case closed?

#95 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:27 PM

Start:

Attached Files

• Attached File  940.jpg   140.84K   24 downloads
  • Attached File  885.jpg   127.43K   34 downloads
  • Attached File  927.jpg   118.78K   17 downloads
  • Attached File  892.jpg   125.55K   31 downloads
  • Attached File  922.jpg   144.79K   9 downloads
  • Attached File  895.jpg   131.66K   19 downloads
  • Attached File  915.jpg   130.92K   15 downloads
  • Attached File  896.jpg   133.35K   13 downloads
  • Attached File  909.jpg   134.25K   26 downloads
  • Attached File  898.jpg   130.69K   17 downloads
  • Attached File  901.jpg   141.06K   13 downloads
  • Attached File  901.jpg   141.06K   5 downloads

#96 Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:30 PM

Dave Ullman, Alan Field and Chris Larson looking to be in the leading pack. Hutchinson has recovered well and is in the top few.

#97 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:31 PM

Finish of Race 10 - sorry for the delay.

Fuck youtube.

#98 TRAMP

TRAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

Golden
Ullman
HUTCH!

#99 Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Jim Golden leads around first windward mark….Dave Ullman close behind in second and remarkably Terry Hutchinson up to third after an OCS start.

#100 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,338 posts

Top Mark:

CHILLOUT!

Ullman
Quantum
Kolius
Vince Porter
WTF
Blu Moon
Henry Colie
Chris Hamilton
Joe Fly
MFatic
Chris Larson
Jen Wilson
Monsoon
Cary Siegler

That's four Charleston boats in the top 15. Go the CHucktown!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users