10 replies to this topic

#1 joseph42s

joseph42s

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

I was wondering if there was anyone in the us that built good doblestacking trailers for boats. I have seen the Mersea trailers that some snipes and some finns have. They are built in Europe. The cool part about the trailer is that you load the first boat on, then crank it up and load the second one on. So one person can load a whole double stack by themselves.

Attached Files

#2 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,700 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:00 PM

I was wondering if there was anyone in the us that built good doblestacking trailers for boats. I have seen the Mersea trailers that some snipes and some finns have. They are built in Europe. The cool part about the trailer is that you load the first boat on, then crank it up and load the second one on. So one person can load a whole double stack by themselves.

Give Triad Trailers a call ask for Mike check out there website Triadtrailers.com 860-354-1146

#3 1sailor

1sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:'SuperFly' Audi / Melges 20

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:17 PM

Seitech has modular 'assemble it yourself' racks for various applications, popular with the Laser crowd and pretty simple.

#4 sailman

sailman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,822 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:25 PM

Check out the Lightning Class site, they had some good double stackers.

#5 joseph42s

joseph42s

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

Yea I have a good double deck thistle trailer. The cool part about this trailer is the engineering. You roll one boat onto the trailer on its dolley, then you use the crank at the front of the trailer to crank the whole rig up. After that you slide boat #2 underneath. It ends the age old problem of needing a ton of people or a hoist to help stack and unstack boats.

#6 ref

ref

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:od, some phrf

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

Yea I have a good double deck thistle trailer. The cool part about this trailer is the engineering. You roll one boat onto the trailer on its dolley, then you use the crank at the front of the trailer to crank the whole rig up. After that you slide boat #2 underneath. It ends the age old problem of needing a ton of people or a hoist to help stack and unstack boats.

how about pics or a drawing?

#7 LakeBoy

LakeBoy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

Shouldn't be too hard to engineer. I remember seeing a double trailer for Capri Cyclone 13s. I think it was two square frames wide & high enough for the bottom boat to fit inside. Hinged top & bottom so the upper bunks remained correctly oriented when lowered. The lower bunks were cut narrow enough to fit within the frame when lowered. Upper bunks settled a bit behind them in lowered position. Position the winch high enough to get some leverage for raising.

#8 Echo-Alpha-Six-Bravo

Echo-Alpha-Six-Bravo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:40 PM

Try Trailex Trailers http://www.trailex.com/

#9 rbpatt

rbpatt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:swimming

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

triad trailers are good, but weigh a friggin ton. there's a trailer builder somewhere in seattle or pnw who is making 505 trailers, including a double

#10 Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

Here are some decent double/triple stack examples...

The seitech triple stack large can take 3 larger dingy's such as V15's.
Attached File  seitech_triple_largeboat_trailer.jpg   15.64K   46 downloads
The lightning double stack requires about an hour, a couple people and requires a ratchet, wrench and 4 stanchions to connect the boats and move the axles.
Attached File  Lightning_double_deck_trailer....jpg   131.73K   57 downloads

Seitech has modular 'assemble it yourself' racks for various applications, popular with the Laser crowd and pretty simple.

#11 joseph42s

joseph42s

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:54 AM

Yea, but you either need a bunch of people to lift the lightning or a hoist. I have used the nichols double stack system before. Also Seitech stuff is cool but as the same issues. Did anyone look at the pictures above? The cool part about that rig is that it pivots up and locks in so one person can doublestack two boats. 505 trailers are vary similar. Anyone know the builder out there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users