45 replies to this topic

#1 rb608

rb608

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

I've had a succession of boats throughout my sailing career. Many of them were generic and forgettable, though fun and useful at their times. A couple of them, however, still have a place in my heart twenty years or more after I last saw them. I've often wondered where they went, and what happened to them. It occurs to me there might be others who share my sentimentality, and that a "Where's my boat? Anarchy" could be a fun diversion, given the geographic diversity and sailing experience here.

I'll go first, though in doing so, I realize that I surrender a good bit of anonymity to those who knew me through my boats. "Hey, you're that asshole who used to race _______!" So be it.

My first entry into club racing was with a Santana 20. There had been another S20 in the fleet where I was crewing for a friend, & it looked as though it would be a great boat for my ability & budget. I was right. The next season, I was racing my own 20 with a couple of novice buddies. Over a span of five years, we got a lot better, put a good bit of new hardware & sails on the little boat, and managed to take home a lot of club silverware, club high point winner in our division two years in a row and once taking a 2nd in the Governor's Cup. Way cool on the 20. She was a great little boat; but eventually, the bug for something bigger won out, and I parted with her when a friend's quarter-tonner became available.

Even with her record and myriad extras, there was a surprisingly non-existent market for the little speedster, and I ended up selling her in 1987 to a local artist as a toy for his two teenage sons. Almost broke my heart. They weren't sailors at the time, and my buddy & I offered to help deliver the boat to its new home. The breeze that day was spectacularly perfect. We left Middle River, popped the 3/4 oz chute, and roared up the Chesapeake to Havre de Grace on a strong southwesterly. Surfing nice swells on a broad reach, we pushed the knot meter to 10 kts; no easy feat with her 16' waterline. It was a glorious sail.

We finally beat our way back up the Susquehanna, tied up the boat at HdG Marina, stepped off and said goodbye, sadly knowing she'd never sail like that again. She stayed moored there for a few years, then she was gone; and I never saw her again. To my knowledge, she never got another PHRF certificate.

So does anyone know whatever happened to a Santana 20, sail #23129,
"Juggler's Relief"? Is she still sailing somewhere on the Chesapeake?

#2 Phil

Phil

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,027 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:45 PM

Whilst we are at it, anyone in Aus seen the original S&S half tonner Defiance?

There's more than a few here who have sailed on her , a couple who previously owned her too.

#3 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

Shouldn't this be titled, "Dude, Where's My Boat Anarchy"?

#4 Vernon Green

Vernon Green

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

I am guessing that is Hull number 129 on the Santana.

It is not registered on the S20 website, I just check! If you know the hull number I can check on it. I just used the last three of the sail number to figure out the hull number.

#5 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,002 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:44 PM

I know where all of mine went and I hope they stay there :P
I have another one, not sail, that I'd like to lose.

#6 taylorsailor

taylorsailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

I like 'dude, where's my boat anarchy'!! My first boat was an American 16. I bought right after finishing high school, I guess it got my credit started. I don't care where it ended up, but it was good for learning the basics.

Boat #2 was an old Columbia 26 (bubble top), that I thought was fast because a guy in our club was winning with one. That was before I knew it was the sailor's skills more than the boat. BTW, they were the original Tripp 26's! Anyho, we spent a small fortune getting it race ready. The PO only cruised it, so it needed everything. Again, it was good for learning boat handling, rules, navigation, etc. After a couple of years, my partner wanted to take it to the Bahamas, un-insured, so we disagreed and I sold my half to him. He took it to the islands for many winters and eventually sold it to someone in NC.

Next came many years of racing on OPB's. More knowledge gained, some offshore races, etc.

Boat #3 was a Hunter 27 - yikes! The thought was to cruise it with the family and get my racing fix on OPB's. Didn't work - the better half gets mal de mar, daughter #1 preferred cheerleading and boys, and daughter #2 was a newborn - although she was quite comfortable sleeping in her car seat fit snugly in the cockpit. Sold this one to a young family on the bay. I hope they are enjoying some cruising with her and learning the sailing life.

Boat #4 - kind of my dream boat! She's an older IOR design, but not too squirrelly downwind - I bought a blooper for her! Enough length and displacement to keep the better half's food down too! This was our third season racing and literally cleaned-up. This one's a keeper!

Boat #5 - a 30 year old Laser - just for fun! I keep this one at home to use from our community marina. Hope to teach daughter #2 with it.

So, a little rambling - but that's the story.

#7 Jollymon

Jollymon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

Ok, I have a boat to add to the "Dude what happened to my boat list". We bought an O-30 in Alameda in the late 80's (Chinese Hedge) and took it up to Puget Sound where we sailed her for almost ten years before selling it to another PNW sailor who kept it for another few years (called Enigma). Then he sold it to someone in the SF Bay area, but I haven't seen any results which included the boat. So does anyone know where Enigma, sail #8344 ended up?

JM

#8 DTH

DTH

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

well, I've been looking for Penguin #4687 for a few years now - can't find her. Last saw her in 1964.

#9 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,833 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

Anybody know where Prelude(ex- Lancer V), a Holland 41 ended up? Last seen on the hard in Charleston with a hole in the side about a decade ago.

#10 Scars&Scrapes

Scars&Scrapes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

i would like to find Lightning 13807 the original Scars & Scrapes. built by Nickels Boat Works in the early 1980's

#11 razorback

razorback

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,298 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

Anybody seen a Soverel 26, (sail #2627 I think) once named "Pizazz" last known address was Toledo or somewhere around there?

#12 big chicken

big chicken

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts
  • Interests:sailing, performance rally

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:15 AM

Anybody seen a Soverel 26, (sail #2627 I think) once named "Pizazz" last known address was Toledo or somewhere around there?

It sailed as Blown Away out of Monroe (Michigan) Boat Club for a few years doing a lot of doublehanded stuff. Last had a PHRF rating in 2006. Don't know of its current status. If I remember correctly it was yellow, wasn't it?

#13 FDer

FDer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:51 AM

Anybody seen the Apache 37, Density's Hand? She was in SF, but may have headed to Seattle.

#14 Ringmaster

Ringmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Racing on the Chesapeake.
    Chartering in the BVIs
    O Gauge trains in the winter.

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:08 AM

I know where my old boat is. After a few years with a Sunfish I owned a Merit 22 for 9 years. I sold it to a friend who sailed it for a season and a half, then sold it to buy a J30. A girl bought the Merit and sailed it a few times the first summer she owned it and not once since. It has been sitting on it's trailer in a boat yard for the last 10 years. So long that the bottom has distorted (caved in) along the trailer bunks. I really liked that boat and it makes me sad to see her today.

#15 razorback

razorback

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,298 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:18 AM

It sailed as Blown Away out of Monroe (Michigan) Boat Club for a few years doing a lot of doublehanded stuff. Last had a PHRF rating in 2006. Don't know of its current status. If I remember correctly it was yellow, wasn't it?

Ha! I love this place. Dad went through a spell of painting all his boats yellow, and Pizazz was in fact quite yellow when it left here. I grew up on it. Went from 8th grade learning to run the bow to taking my wife on our first date a few years later. Still love sailing and the same wife. That was a great boat.

#16 SunStone

SunStone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

Mine's some where on the bottom off the North Shore of Long Island. I brought my FRP over cypress Bahamian sloop to Long Island & sold it. The new owner made some structural changes (cut the cabin off) & the boat broke in two and sank. Bummer for the boat, luckily no one was hurt.

#17 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

There's more than a few here who have sailed on her , a couple who previously owned her too.

Phil, you're not talking about the Perth-built, aluminium "Defiance" are you?

If yes.... I know were she is.

#18 wildangels

wildangels

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

Anybody seen a SC 40 formerly AJAX formrly Layla sail # 59995?

#19 Snapper

Snapper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

Ok, I have a boat to add to the "Dude what happened to my boat list". We bought an O-30 in Alameda in the late 80's (Chinese Hedge) and took it up to Puget Sound where we sailed her for almost ten years before selling it to another PNW sailor who kept it for another few years (called Enigma). Then he sold it to someone in the SF Bay area, but I haven't seen any results which included the boat. So does anyone know where Enigma, sail #8344 ended up?

JM

JM,

I saw the boat at Delta Ditch Run last June. Recognized it as the old Enigma.

CW

#20 Off Watch

Off Watch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Performance Sailboats
    Sailmaking
    Boatbuilding and Repair
    Offshore Sailing

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

One of my former boats just showed up on the SA Cassifies, J29 Cherry Bomb

I always wonder what happened to my first keel boat a J24 #2954, I sold it to a guy in Sitka Alaska in 1995. Always wondered why someone would want a J24 in Alaska can't imagine there would be any OD racing.

#21 LakeBoy

LakeBoy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

Both sold back in the 1980s in Ohio

505, Rondar, US-4593, turquoise deck & black hull

Flying Dutchman, Advanced, US-1086, green & white

#22 Trendsetter

Trendsetter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

humm trying to remember sail numbers from boats of my youth..

an interlake we had at sandusky sailing club sail #1111 named excalibur was a blue hull

had a holder 20 want to say was sail number #202

i wonder who owned my old cal 25 back in the 80's on the chesapeake was named best friends then divine wind hull number #503

#23 sledracr

sledracr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:23 PM

-- Laser #8982. Fugly orange, but light and stiff. Won a bunch of local stuff (Newport Beach) before getting hooked on big-boats

-- Lido-14 #4072. Good boat, just didn't spend enough time in it to be competitive with the likes of Gaudio, Raab, et al.

Don't know that I really care where they are. The boats I'm truly curious about are the ones I raced back in the 70s/80s (but never owned)

-- Ericson-34R "Seduction", hull #7, sail 57608. Pretty competitve in 3/4-ton regattas for a mostly-stock boat. "Pizazz" (hull #1) was fun, too.

-- Chance [custom] 3/4-tonner "Chance". The boat had 5 degrees of "point" that nobody else had. Magic.

-- Choate-40 "Spirit", hull #1, sail 67401. Dang. Almost as many memories as it had deck layouts <g>

-- Choate-40 "Audacious", sal 43100. That boat had some serious mojo.

-- Schock-35 #1, was "Hombre" when I raced with them.

#24 flyingdog

flyingdog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:06 AM

Don't know that I really care where they are. The boats I'm truly curious about are the ones I raced back in the 70s/80s (but never owned)

-- Ericson-34R "Seduction", hull #7, sail 57608. Pretty competitve in 3/4-ton regattas for a mostly-stock boat. "Pizazz" (hull #1) was fun, too.

I sailed on Seduction around 1984 to '86. Usually down to Parker's Lighthouse...

The boat was in a slip at a small marina on Terminal Island then. I went to see if it was still there last May, nope.

Fun boat (or would that be fun crazy people)!

FD

#25 egon

egon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Recursion, acronyms, and recursive acronyms.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:24 AM

I'll throw some stuff out there from the other side of the coin.

I bought an Evelyn 26 last winter, I'd be curious to know where it came from.

She's hull #6, with a cabin house, fin keel and single spreader rig.

Prior to being in Jersey she lived in Connecticut as I can still see the "CT" from the old reg numbers.

The previous name of the boat is "Brazen" as evident by faint spray paint on the wooden cradle and polar diagrams left in the boat.

She is painted yellow, and from structural work done by me, she came from the factory that color.

Some folks seem to think the boat used to sail out of Atlantic Highlands YC and was owned by a Rocco Diverti, some disagree.

I hope I can kick start someone's brain cells with this one.

--Matt

#26 sledracr

sledracr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:47 AM

I sailed on Seduction around 1984 to '86. Usually down to Parker's Lighthouse...

Kewl, thanks. She was actively raced 77-81 out of Balboa YC, then donated to ICC (I think) when the owner switched full-time to Etchells. Which was kind of a drag because I was living on it at the time.

Boat was a lot of fun in the 70s, it was...uh... "well named" :P

#27 sail2win

sail2win

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

I owned Shields #173 named Coriolis on Long Island Sound in the 1990s and sold it to a guy who trailered it to the fleet in Holland, Michigan. I heard that it was then struck by lightning while on a mooring, caught fire and sank. It's currently listed as "Private Universe" sailing out of the Great Lakes on the Shields class web site boat registry. Any confirmation or additional information?

#28 some dude

some dude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

-- Choate-40 "Audacious", sal 43100. That boat had some serious mojo.

word

Attached Files

#29 notallthere

notallthere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts
  • Interests:any sport that starts with S

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

dude, wheres my old J-24?!

hull #167

heard it went east a few years back, and someone told me they saw it on e bay a while after that...

#30 il1395

il1395

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:26 AM

humm trying to remember sail numbers from boats of my youth..

an interlake we had at sandusky sailing club sail #1111 named excalibur was a blue hull

had a holder 20 want to say was sail number #202

i wonder who owned my old cal 25 back in the 80's on the chesapeake was named best friends then divine wind hull number #503

I remember Excaliber from back when I was at SSC. Had a small sword graphic if I remember correctly. Last known owner (as listed in the ISCA handbook) was a Michael Sandwisch. Not sure where he was located.

If you get the itch to get back on an Interlake, I'm just down the road from you in Alexandria, VA.

Martin Howell
Interlake #1395
(and formerly Interlake's #807 and #700 when I was at SSC)

#31 Maggman

Maggman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

JM

JM

There is an O-30 racing in Benicia CA, East of SF, by the same name. I don't know the sail number off the top of my head though. I race against her in the Beer Cans here. They are middle of the fleet at best but they have a good time like the rest of us. I don't think they do much else then that.

#32 Rod Spearin

Rod Spearin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

I am curious if anyone knows where my old 3/4 tonner is? It was a G&S 3/4 tonner named Footloose, s/n 40454. I bought it in 1997 here in Detroit. It was raced here by the prior owner, and previous to that by the original owner in West Michigan. It was built in 1985 by Westease, in Holland, MI.

In 2000, it was dismated in the PH - Mac race and the insurance company took it. I believe it was sold to someone in Hamilton, Ontario. Anyone know if she ever was re-rigged and sailed again?

#33 glexpress

glexpress

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

Anyone out there with laser's 57414 or 149904?

#34 Mogul Bandit

Mogul Bandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

Tripp 36 US 43818

#35 Phil

Phil

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,027 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:29 AM

Tuffie, nah, the original S&S IOR 1/2 that Doug Brooker built for Norm. Philcs Dad had it next, then us.

Tom Stephenson took a mould and there are plenty of plastics around.

#36 SPORTSCAR

SPORTSCAR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts
  • Interests:sailing (duh!)

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

Tuffie, nah, the original S&S IOR 1/2 that Doug Brooker built for Norm. Philcs Dad had it next, then us.

You mean this old shitter? :P
Attached File  Defiance.jpg   13.48K   1 downloads
You're right about the plastic ones, lots of them around from various builders - was on a 1976 J J Savage built one today. Still in good nick, those old warhorses will probably live forever - like you and me eh Phil?

#37 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

Ah so... thought so. Just a long shot.

Cheers.

#38 Phil

Phil

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,027 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:29 PM

You're right about the plastic ones, lots of them around from various builders - was on a 1976 J J Savage built one today. Still in good nick, those old warhorses will probably live forever - like you and me eh Phil?

Beat the one tonners to Botany Bay that day, downhill.

Who gave you that pic?

#39 unlurking1

unlurking1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:33 AM

Good evening gents,

Going out to volunteer setting up a shelter for the homeless but taking a moment to post here, about a very cool boat.

mod Ross 40 - Jessie James? Understood it was Sparta in So Cal then, sold up north.

Seldom heard or seen since. . .

Anybody out there know about this boat or perhaps another Ross: Satellite Spy?

Cheers,
U1

#40 SPORTSCAR

SPORTSCAR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts
  • Interests:sailing (duh!)

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:36 AM

Who gave you that pic?

Pic came from the depths of my photo archives. If it floats in Oz, I probably have a photo of it somewhere. After 30 or so years of yacht brokerage you get to collect quite a few. I think I had Defiance co-listed with Mundle way back in the dim dark past.

#41 some dude

some dude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:19 AM

Good evening gents,

Going out to volunteer setting up a shelter for the homeless but taking a moment to post here, about a very cool boat.

mod Ross 40 - Jessie James? Understood it was Sparta in So Cal then, sold up north.

Cheers,
U1

what's it rate?

#42 greasy al

greasy al

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:14 AM

[quote name='SPORTSCAR' post='2076691' date='Jan 8 2009, 01:36 AM'][quote name='Phil' post='2076222' date='Jan 8 2009, 07:29 AM'][quote name='SPORTSCAR' post='2075364' date='Jan 7 2009, 12:43 PM'][quote name='Phil' post='2075355' date='Jan 7 2009, 10:29 PM'][quote name='tuf-luf' post='2070342' date='Jan 4 2009, 05:17 PM'][quote name='Phil' post='2069437' date='Jan 3 2009, 11:45 AM']Whilst we are at it, anyone in Aus seen the original S&S half tonner Defiance?

There's more than a few here who have sailed on her , a couple who previously owned her too.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who gave you that pic?
[/quote]

Pic came from the depths of my photo archives. If it floats in Oz, I probably have a photo of it somewhere. After 30 or so years of yacht brokerage you get to collect quite a few. I think I had Defiance co-listed with Mundle way back in the dim dark past.
[/quote]

She was for sale 5 years ago in Pittwater...went down and did an inspection - still in good nick. didn't have the cash at the end of the day, so missed out.

I think anarchist Craig knows who bought it.

#43 extrad

extrad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:21 AM

Good evening gents,

Cheers,
U1

Within the limits of liability of a Mountgay'd brain I seem to have this dim thought that Satellite Spy is in Auckland.

#44 Phil

Phil

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,027 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:37 AM

[quote name='greasy al' post='2083264' date='Jan 12 2009, 04:14 AM'][quote name='SPORTSCAR' post='2076691' date='Jan 8 2009, 01:36 AM'][quote name='Phil' post='2076222' date='Jan 8 2009, 07:29 AM'][quote name='SPORTSCAR' post='2075364' date='Jan 7 2009, 12:43 PM'][quote name='Phil' post='2075355' date='Jan 7 2009, 10:29 PM'][quote name='tuf-luf' post='2070342' date='Jan 4 2009, 05:17 PM'][quote name='Phil' post='2069437' date='Jan 3 2009, 11:45 AM']Whilst we are at it, anyone in Aus seen the original S&S half tonner Defiance?

There's more than a few here who have sailed on her , a couple who previously owned her too.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who gave you that pic?
[/quote]

[/quote]

She was for sale 5 years ago in Pittwater...went down and did an inspection - still in good nick. didn't have the cash at the end of the day, so missed out.

I think anarchist Craig knows who bought it.
[/quote]
Where is she now, that is the question.
CF, probably still have some of those Ts left in the garage.

#45 White Wing

White Wing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything on the water, including skiing on the frozen stuff

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:04 AM

Anyone know what happened to the "Twins", the wood/epoxy clearcoated Tom Wylie daysailors? I lusted for them both. They only had roman numerals I and II, but maybe nicknamed Lunacy and Legacy.

Wow - I'd completely forgotten about those boats. Damn they were cool when they launched!

WWing

#46 Heatwave80

Heatwave80

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:59 AM

How about J-24 hull 1570? I named it White Lightning. Sold it to a guy in Houston who later moved East and then sold the boat...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users