#401 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,325 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:52 AM

I understand your comment Bow Monkey, but Q is 1st and 3rd in that fleet so I'm going to give them the lurve.

#402 NewportStormer

NewportStormer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

Someone was just shot and killed in front of the Cyprus House. We are worried that it might be a sailor. The police are interviewing a bunch of Annapolis sailors.

Is this true??

#403 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,325 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:56 AM

It's true. Not sure whether it was a sailor or if the sailors were just witnesses. Going to find out shortly.

#404 Jerseygirl

Jerseygirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:58 AM

Someone was just shot and killed in front of the Cyprus House. We are worried that it might be a sailor. The police are interviewing a bunch of Annapolis sailors.

Please.... no jokinng and anarchy... are you serius????

#405 StayinStrewn

StayinStrewn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, snowboarding, hockey

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:01 AM

shit, that's not good

#406 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:08 AM

I understand your comment Bow Monkey, but Q is 1st and 3rd in that fleet so I'm going to give them the lurve.

I had planned to call bullshit on that answer, and ask you to provide the same interview to the all the other class leaders...

but screw that nonsense. Go find out the details on the shooting. I hope everyone's alright.

#407 mastman

mastman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:14 AM

Where is the Cyprus House? What part of the island?

#408 chromedome

chromedome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:16 AM

http://www.cypressho...vailability.htm

#409 QMN

QMN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:17 AM

it's a bed and breakfast about a block off the waterfront, sort of in the middle of KWRW action

#410 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,186 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:21 AM

Hey Clean try and get some close up shots of Mo "Mother Ocean" the O'day 40 and some vid if you can. I want to see who is on her. Also Rick the owner of Mo would make a very interesting interview throw Espo in there with him and you might win an Oscar. Rick also owns a J29 He and Espo go way back. Espo always had something to say about the O'day 40. So it's pretty funny they are racing PHRF against each other.

See what you can do...

Great work so far, keep it up!

Holy shit He lives!

Need an XS update - How's it going?

If anyone is interested... there was some good footage on TP2 of XS immediately before, and immediatley after the gear failure yesterday.
Bummer that Tucker and crew missed the break itself:
http://www.t2p.tv/guide/kw09.php

I got 4 mins into that video and with Tucker's gay commentary, had to go wash my mouth out.

Just keep the volume down.

The J35 looked good vs the 109...............

fuckoff...

Today was better than yesterday... nothing broke. Nailed both of the starts and felt good off the line. Just cant seem to hold on though. Needed, IMO, to go to our jenny but stuck with the blade. In the puffs i feel like we made so major gains compared to RUSH, but just couldnt hang on in some of those huge holes up the first beat. Our chute is killing us right now, we cant use our runner because of the 3sec phrf hit... but in retrospect it might have been a good idea. we are consistently 10deg higher than RUSH and slower on the runs. Upwind, if we dont find every hole and misplaced shift, we can hang on ok. But god we were out of phase today. Coincidentally, i think they had a similar problem to us with the roller furler and ended up having to drop as well.

BTW, huge, i mean HUGE fucken props to the Harken tech team for helping us get back on the water today after our torque tube shit itself. The headstay was 100% jammed yesterday and just locked up. Couldnt unroll the jib at the LM. They spent i think about 4-5hours working on it last night in the wind and cold getting it ready to go so we could go play today. huge fucken props. Also, big props and thanks to the local boys (local to me anyway) on Mother Ocean for having an extra prefeeder, for whatever reason, handy for us when ours fell off the forestay! god that was lucky...

edit: oh man, hope there is a mistake someplace, Clean.

#411 NewportStormer

NewportStormer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:26 AM

it's a bed and breakfast about a block off the waterfront, sort of in the middle of KWRW action

Is that the House that Nelson used to rent for his boys on Team Bold?

#412 hambone575

hambone575

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:26 AM

Wow this is horrible...

#413 Jerseygirl

Jerseygirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:32 AM

Is that the House that Nelson used to rent for his boys on Team Bold?

GOD BLESS whomever is there,
It is PRIME location for any sailor.
Praying for the best for all ,,,,,,

#414 Peacefrog

Peacefrog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:43 AM

Dude we live just up the road this week and I walked by like 10 mins ago and there was nothing going on weird? I hope that is was not a sailor

#415 Brian

Brian

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:43 AM

For the record keeping... I saw 216-228 users on line for most of the day today.
Still the best coverage that there is.

Thanks to all.

I get a cool list of everyone watching over the day - it is massive! I'd actually love to know more about the way people watch OTWA - obviously there are a bunch of you that just click "refresh" all day, and then we get a few thousand viewers who read the report from cover to cover at night, but what about the rest of you?

I click 'refresh' while sitting at home work searching for a job. Following this sure beats the lame job pickings..... Keep up the good work!!!

Fixed it...

It's true. Not sure whether it was a sailor or if the sailors were just witnesses. Going to find out shortly.

That's sure not good. Will also change the mood of the week if it's a sailor.

#416 HHN92

HHN92

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,933 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie & Chevrolets, History,1970 Chevelle SS

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:44 AM

The J35 looked good vs the 109...............

fuckoff...

Easy there Whippa Snappa. The 'blue' one will have to get you when you get back! (remember a couple of weeks ago just south of the Skyway?)

Good to see you were going better today. You got a full load of crew or are are you 1-2 short? Too bad my 200 lbs+ couldn't have been down there to lend a hand.

Hope tomorrow is a better day. Hang in there.

#417 Pooch692000

Pooch692000

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:52 AM

love this interview. great job and owner seems like a guy i'd love to sail with

Malcolm Gefter from Celeritas talks yesterday afternoon.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...BVE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#418 NewportStormer

NewportStormer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:53 AM

Any updates on the alleged shooting?? Is everyone ok?? We are praying for the safety of all.

#419 fan

fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:23 AM

Geat interview with Onorato. He has always come across as a nice genuine down to earth guy and this interview only backs that up. Hope to see some info about the shooting soon.

#420 Shife

Shife

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:30 AM

Vincenzo Onorato loves us. And wants to sail for the Anarchy Challenge. Listen:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...s64&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Absolutely amazing, Clean. Nice job.

Holy crap. Not good.

#421 Hippie

Hippie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:32 AM

This gets updated with major crimes in Monroe County.

http://www.keysso.ne...09/january.html

#422 BarePoles

BarePoles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Interests:sailing, architecture, running, Texans

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:34 AM

Holy crap. Not good.

HUH!!! Anyone know more?

#423 jrpytlak

jrpytlak

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:35 AM

Just got emailed some more drama:

Alan,

As of Tuesday, I have received 5 complaints regarding the actions of your
chartered boat Relentless. While some of the maneuvering appears to breach
common courtesy between photo/video boats and poor seamanship, the most
recent actions on Division 2 could have impacted the racing. This is
unacceptable. Not adhering to race officials instructions and making obscene
gestures cannot be tolerated. It can result in a safety issue and could
impact the racing.

I ask for your assurance that your boat operator will adhere to the
direction of any race committee personnel on the water going forward.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation,

Peter

Peter S. Craig
Premiere Racing. Inc.

I am the one instructing the driver of our chartered fishing boat on where to put the thing. The driver is a fishing guy and knows absolutely nothing about sailing. I have to tell him everything. Yesterday was totally flawless. Today during some confusion and loss of contact via radio with RC combine with my lack of reading the SI's for the division, I put the boat in a bad spot. I take total blame for this one and I'm sorry to the 3 boats that might have had a slight wind shadow for a very very short time. It will not happen again. Any of you do have a problem with where the OTW Anarchy boat is, come to me. I'll buy ya a drink at the tent. ;)

#424 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:29 AM

Just a quick note before i snap....going to have some hi res killer dailies coming soon...maybe even in the am. fucking sufferin' searching for a pipelin Sorry for the delay.... for now you have the lo rent version....uploading to youtube as we speak.
killer stuff today....think you'll dig the day 3 recap

the good rev

#425 RtWL

RtWL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:53 AM

Shooting report?

#426 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,325 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:12 AM

No sailor killed. Two Annapolis sailors found a recently deceased body just off Caroline street near the Cyprus. They were questioned and released. Sorry for any anxiety, will get more info if possible.

And by the way pytlak, you're doing a great job.

#427 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:49 AM

day 3

all drama...youtube was down for "scheduled maintenance" mofuckers trying to keep me down. aint gonna happen......googlevids

waking up and searching for the pipeline tomorrow....er...uh..today...either way..enjoy that shit.....i did

the good rev

#428 Slow Ed

Slow Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:52 AM

No sailor killed. Two Annapolis sailors found a recently deceased body just off Caroline street near the Cyprus. They were questioned and released. Sorry for any anxiety, will get more info if possible.

And by the way pytlak, you're doing a great job.

Don't tell Pytlak that he's doing a great job, his head is already bigger than his body. :lol:

#429 mosailn

mosailn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Location:MI-CT, Toga NY, P'Tree ATL, Boca Grande FL and somewhere in b'tween

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...s64&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

great interview! what a cool guy..nice job clean.

#430 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:49 PM

VO is the anti Bertarelli & Ellison. Very cool to see that a guy with in that position is so down to earth. Perhaps if there were more of him and less of the others, the AC wouldn't be an ego fueled train wreck.

#431 Tommyboomer

Tommyboomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

VO is the anti Bertarelli & Ellison. Very cool to see that a guy with in that position is so down to earth. Perhaps if there were more of him and less of the others, the AC wouldn't be an ego fueled train wreck.

Agreed, I I know who I am supporting in the next AC, if it ever happens.

#432 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

With the breeze out of the NE, this Division is the only one that's out of the lee of KW. Little boats get big waves today...20 knots solid, 3-5 foot seas.

Seefest the J-29 should like that 20 knots and 3-5 ft waves is what he kicked my ass in at BBR last year.

Getting beat by an O'Day 40 twice yesterday makes me think they've got other problems.

People so underestimate that O'day 40. Dont knock it until you sailed it. Yes it is a pig but it has a great rating and it has wheels. It likes heavy air flat water or no air at all, in between not so good but can do well. I've been on that boat in Tampa Bay in a no air regatta racing in B class and passed all A class boats boat for boat who started 5 mins in front of us. MO has suprised many people.

Underestimate? The boats rating went from 123 to 135 in an appeal. The guy was cheating taking a 6 sec roller furler credit and not using the roller furler but tacking the full size genoa to the deck and directly to the halyard. the boat is rated for the short rig but has the tall rig booms on it. Did alot of research on the boat while down there and we think he pulled a fast one one the PHRF cortsortuim which doesn't surprise me.
Kinda like the balanced rudder he put on his J/29 a few years back and said he didn't know the boatyard did that?????

#433 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:50 PM

With the breeze out of the NE, this Division is the only one that's out of the lee of KW. Little boats get big waves today...20 knots solid, 3-5 foot seas.

Seefest the J-29 should like that 20 knots and 3-5 ft waves is what he kicked my ass in at BBR last year.

Getting beat by an O'Day 40 twice yesterday makes me think they've got other problems.

People so underestimate that O'day 40. Dont knock it until you sailed it. Yes it is a pig but it has a great rating and it has wheels. It likes heavy air flat water or no air at all, in between not so good but can do well. I've been on that boat in Tampa Bay in a no air regatta racing in B class and passed all A class boats boat for boat who started 5 mins in front of us. MO has suprised many people.

Underestimate? The boats rating went from 123 to 135 in an appeal. The guy was cheating taking a 6 sec roller furler credit and not using the roller furler but tacking the full size genoa to the deck and directly to the halyard. the boat is rated for the short rig but has the tall rig booms on it. Did alot of research on the boat while down there and we think he pulled a fast one one the PHRF cortsortuim which doesn't surprise me.
Kinda like the balanced rudder he put on his J/29 a few years back and said he didn't know the boatyard did that?????

Protest or STFU! :P

#434 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

[quote name='moondance44' post='2104449' date='Jan 24 2009, 11:50 AM'][quote name='jesposito' post='2104402' date='Jan 24 2009, 12:47 PM'][quote name='Flip Rigsby' post='2098974' date='Jan 21 2009, 09:42 AM'][quote name='sailman' post='2098956' date='Jan 21 2009, 12:31 PM'][quote name='Cuttyhunker' post='2098740' date='Jan 21 2009, 10:55 AM'][quote name='MR.CLEAN' post='2098691' date='Jan 21 2009, 10:33 AM']With the breeze out of the NE, this Division is the only one that's out of the lee of KW. Little boats get big waves today...20 knots solid, 3-5 foot seas.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Protest or STFU! :P
[/quote]
We beat him! Didn't have too!!!!

#435 Bob Greenhole

Bob Greenhole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

[quote name='Flip Rigsby' post='2099129' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:50 PM'][quote name='some dude' post='2099125' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:47 PM'][quote name='Dodge Asterisk' post='2098983' date='Jan 21 2009, 05:45 PM'][quote name='Flip Rigsby' post='2098974' date='Jan 21 2009, 12:42 PM'][quote name='sailman' post='2098956' date='Jan 21 2009, 12:31 PM'][quote name='Cuttyhunker' post='2098740' date='Jan 21 2009, 10:55 AM'][quote name='MR.CLEAN' post='2098691' date='Jan 21 2009, 10:33 AM']With the breeze out of the NE, this Division is the only one that's out of the lee of KW. Little boats get big waves today...20 knots solid, 3-5 foot seas.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

"Yes it is a pig but it has a great rating and it has wheels."

Nice- A pig with wheels! I'll take one.
[/quote]

what's it rate?
[/quote]

[/quote]

thats hot

#436 joydot

joydot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

Thanks to all on Division 3. It was a long week for me - blogging, start photos, finishes, uploading, and holding on in rocky weather. You only saw me a couple of times at the tent and only once at Capt'n Tony's. In case you missed it when it was happening, photos were being uploaded after the starts and finishes. They can be found here:
http://picasaweb.goo...com/joydotsails

KWRW Div3 Photos

The mark boats got better every day sending down the boats that rounded. Considering they were checking wind, writing down all boats rounding, keeping clear of boats, changing courses, taking photos, and bouncing around in little boats, they did a great job helping add some more information.

Keep in mind that the time deltas that Clean posted for finishes were approximations. Doing a compare between the real finish times and his were kinda close enough for the big wins, but considering there were multiple races with 1 to 2 second wins after correction, it is not quite the same.

I enjoyed talking with our sponsors and doing my little advertising blibs, though I notice that JItilIDie appeared to forget to post those. :D

I know PHRF-land seems boring to watch, but I like seeing boats worry about every second and every tack even though they appear to be sailing alone. I noticed that Wairere did better when XS was on the course. To me, it showed that leading and making choices alone is tougher than watching the faster boat make the choices first and getting to make a different one. Or that having someone to chase gets you pumped up more. I enjoyed getting to know the variety of boats and the difference in personality each had, due to its type, its advantages, its disadvantages, and its crew. I have seen and scored multiple of these boats before and it is interesting to me to see their "personality" change for different regattas.

I also enjoyed seeing Rumor get boat of the day and Primal Scream (PHRF-1) get boat of the week. And even though some of the results don't show it, all of the classes were very competitive fighting for the starts and working hard to deal with the shifts. It was a lot of fun to watch!

Thanks to all!

#437 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,325 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:57 AM

Cheers Joy - I think you guys did a great job. Here's a hi-res version of the Day 3 wrap-up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users