#4601 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,290 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

Why don't you confront Tillerman with real-world questions.

OK, can I see pics of the autopilot spring and tripod bridal? :lol:

#4602 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,682 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

Does that mean I don't get my answer?

He'll just reach into his drawer and pull out another sock.

Yeah, then we have to go through the whole "I heard he just did <something wonderous>, he seems to be a pretty smart guy" charade with another 20 post wonder before he loses his cool and flips and comes clean.

#4603 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

I'm still waiting for an explanation of how he flies an airplane that is 3,000 miles away, not owned by him, and without a valid FAA medical :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually thought he had gotten some treatment and decided to enjoy life away from teh interwebs.
Danny - you are far from the first person to come to sailing later in life and be unable to persuade your wife that being offshore with you is a good idea. It happens all the time. Enjoy powerboating and quit with the endless lies about airplanes etc...............................

#4604 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

It's a pity that he feels it's a zero sum game, he can't be doing well unless he puts someone else down and he can't tell the difference between snappy repartee and spiteful drivel. :(

But on to more important things...

Who is Underdawg, a man (or woman) of mystery who appears, wields his(or her) banhammer, restoring sanity and calm, and disappears back into the night. :huh:

And what did Bob do with his 4 raisins on toothpicks. :P

#4605 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,435 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:46 PM

Well, my neighbor ate one. The two girls who's Mom is a health nut never showed up. So I threw the other three "raisins on a stick" away. All I got was the mini-Michelin man. I regret no dumping my whole basket of Snickers bars into his bag along with the raisins. I sat up, listening to some nice music and ate Snickers bars and didn't sleep well at all. Considered for a while doing my own trick or treating but I didn't have any eggs.

#4606 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:56 PM

kerrist, it's déjà vu all over again ... must be that time of the year, or is halloween being stretched ?
DT is even pulling his old trick of adding a positive comment to his own miserable rant (that's bilgesockpuppetry for ya !) ... all we need now is Jon to chime in, that is if he isn't too much caught up in fiddling the nespresso machine on a mini superyot ;)

#4607 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

Probably just as well Bob, it would be embarrassing to have to have your son bail you out of jail... and think of the story on the front page. :o

Then again it could of netted you an interview with Clean, him having experience with that sort of thing and all. :ph34r:
No such thing as bad publicity, right? :P

#4608 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,435 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

Timo:
Things were getting little boring here so I think it's good to have old Tugjob back. When it quits being entertaining I'll just hit the ignore button again.

#4609 Soñadora

Soñadora

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

This gives me an idea. Next year I'm going to go Trick-or-Treating dressed as a Yacht Designer ;)

#4610 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,290 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

And now for a slow pitch...

How do yacht designers dress?

#4611 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

I love how his blog says "this is it" and then he keeps right on going :rolleyes:
Facing a cold dark winter of sitting around a rented cabin with no boat, I think we just might see an epic amount of posts from the tiller-tugger. A new theme seems to be "sailing is WAY harder than those magazines say it is. It is a CONSPIRACY I tell ya!"

#4612 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,290 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

I like tiller-tugger the best so far, but most tugboats don't have tillers either.

Posted Image

#4613 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

Timo:
Things were getting little boring here so I think it's good to have old Tugjob back. When it quits being entertaining I'll just hit the ignore button again.

He just doesn't understand that even those of us who are "hung like a hamster" in the nautical sense, have something to contribute to the "conversation". :P

He should have started with a smaller boat that could have been singlehanded when his better half decided that she didn't like sailing. I can rig my boat and go from trailer to sailor in 45 minutes singlehanded, store it in my driveway, and sail to Catalina if I want to on a nice weekend, or haul up to a lake, or even the PNW. :rolleyes:

I may not have radar, ssb, marpa, etc, but I daresay I have more miles under my keel than Tugboat-Taylor... mostly on the 405 but.B)

#4614 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,435 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:09 PM

"how does a yacht designer dress?"
I suppose that depends on where you work.
For me, once a "carefull" dresser it's now flannel lined LL Bean jeans and flannel shirts.
It's a good day when my shirt is not inside out.

#4615 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

Looks like a big bowl of deleties for breakfast...

"It just never ends... Posted Image " ©

In other news, looks like an epic south of the border croozing story is happenning in GA, courtesy of a certain ethnic musician. B)

#4616 Jose Carumba

Jose Carumba

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

"how does a yacht designer dress?"
I suppose that depends on where you work.
For me, once a "carefull" dresser it's now flannel lined LL Bean jeans and flannel shirts.
It's a good day when my shirt is not inside out.

Jeans, polo shirt, fleece vest, and comfortable shoes, unless a client is here.

I still enjoy dressing up as The Invisible Man for halloween.

#4617 Poco A Poco

Poco A Poco

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:57 AM

Now that he's moving on the something without a mast, what's the chances of the trawleranarchy.com snagging danny in their web?

What I find troubling is that it's getting darker much sooner now and he is living in the trees now with the house facing east (supposedly).......helloo darrkness at 3:30 pm!.

#4618 Jon Eisberg

Jon Eisberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,970 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:45 PM

Thank you for the update. I heard that he has been married for 28 years, has owned a boat you, Timo42, and briartrptd can only dream of, has sailed a lifetime more than you, just got a Ph.D from Stanford in Applied Mathematics, is a ham radio operator, owned a farm in Oregon, has an ATP and flew for Fed Express, owned a Pitts S2A and other airplanes, has a CFII and ATP, owned a farm in Oregon, and now lives on the water on San Juan Island and has purchased a powerboat that is being built as we speak..

Yes, we've heard all that so many times before...

Even the "has purchased a powerboat Hallberg-Rassy 54 that is being built as we speak"...

So, then, one of the reasons you balked on your circumnavigation-next-year was "the oppressive heat of many of our destinations", and yet your "future travel plans include Asia (Vietnam, presumably for the prawns, you've been blathering about that place for years), India, and Africa..."

Well, some of those tour busses are pretty well air-conditioned, I suppose...

Oh, and you have "documented proof" that you have sailed as far south as Eureka, and as far north as Alaska?

Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it - and probably, not even then...

#4619 Jon Eisberg

Jon Eisberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,970 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

kerrist, it's déjà vu all over again ... must be that time of the year, or is halloween being stretched ?
DT is even pulling his old trick of adding a positive comment to his own miserable rant (that's bilgesockpuppetry for ya !) ... all we need now is Jon to chime in, that is if he isn't too much caught up in fiddling the nespresso machine on a mini superyot ;)

Hey, how'd you know that? (grin)

Actually, as Trintellas go, this one was pretty modestly equipped… Out in the Gulf of Maine on Monday night, without the usual Reckmann electric furling on the headsail, and no Starbucks-sized Miele Nespresso machine in the galley, it was brutal, I tell ‘ya… (grin) Still, if you have to motor all the way from Maine to the Chesapeake in a sailboat this time of year, even your most basic Trintella is a pretty good choice…

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2002/Trintella-47-2276044/Camden/ME/United-States

Happened to be in good company out there that first night… In keeping with the name-dropping so typical of the subject of this thread, I chatted for awhile with John Harries on MORGANS’S CLOUD, a cruising hero of mine, a very impressive-sounding guy… Now, THEIRS is what I would call an informative cruising website, one of the very best out there, IMHO...

http://www.morganscloud.com/

Posted Image

Kick-ass trip, overall… First overnight from Camden to Montauk, the second from Montauk to Delaware City, perhaps even battling a four-metre breaker or two approaching Delaware Bay Entrance Wednesday night (grin), then sneaking up the bay just before the breeze came hard on the nose… and the final day a beautiful sail down the Bay in a 20-25 knot westerly, tied up in Port Annapolis well before cocktail hour on Friday… Topped off with a good party aboard last night with a bunch of rowdy friends of ours...

Shit, it was over so quickly, I didn’t even manage to break anything on this one… Of course, having the Leisure-Furl on this boat out of commission from the get-go helped mightily in that regard... (grin)

#4620 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

Posted Image

Looks perfect...:P

And the price is right. :ph34r:

#4621 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:37 PM

Hey Galileo, what's your take on fog and Radar?

I doubt we will hear any more from Galileo, he was last seen being dragged off by the Inquisition, he was heard to mutter "and yet my VMG is still negative"

#4622 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,290 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

I doubt we will hear any more from Galileo, he was last seen being dragged off by the Inquisition, he was heard to mutter "and yet my VMG is still negative"

I took the thumbs down from Underdawg to mean g is gone and that we should all be ashamed of ourselves.

#4623 Ishmael

Ishmael

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:31 AM

I took the thumbs down from Underdawg to mean g is gone and that we should all be ashamed of ourselves.

Well, I never got a thumbs down, but I reported the reappearance of that stupid peckerhead. I'm not ashamed of myself, but his beneficiaries should be pissed off he isn't dead yet.

#4624 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,290 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

Ish, I was talking about this: :lol:

Posted Image

#4625 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:30 PM

I think finding "his" airplane for sale in Florida took his negative VMG to a whole new level. :rolleyes:
DT - not to worry - I got a good chuckle about you suddenly discovering that the weather is warm in the tropics.

#4626 deluxe68

deluxe68

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:57 AM

NWS,

Thank you for the update. I heard that he has been married for 28 years, has owned a boat you, Timo42, and briartrptd can only dream of, has sailed a lifetime more than you, just got a Ph.D from Stanford in Applied Mathematics, is a ham radio operator, owned a farm in Oregon, has an ATP and flew for Fed Express, owned a Pitts S2A and other airplanes, has a CFII and ATP, owned a farm in Oregon, and now lives on the water on San Juan Island and has purchased a powerboat that is being built as we speak..

g

So either you need to stop cutting and pasting or tillerman owns two farms and ATP's. What is the big deal about being a ham radio operator?

#4627 Blow the guy 1

Blow the guy 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

SA needs more DT. Much more DT. Much much more DT.

#4628 PNW Matt B

PNW Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Fuck off, sock.

#4629 Blow the guy 1

Blow the guy 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

1334535736[/url]' post='3674188']
Fuck off, sock.

If that's how you really feel, no thanks. Time for me to bring DT back into the fray. Go fuck off yourself.

#4630 ease the sheet!

ease the sheet!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

now this is funny!

not funny ha ha
but funny strange!

#4631 tigerregis

tigerregis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

JC, I hope he comes back, with the sorry state of TV these days. Need a a few laughs.

#4632 ease the sheet!

ease the sheet!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

with all his personalities, you would think at least one would have a sense of humour!

#4633 briartrtpd..

briartrtpd..

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Interests:sailing sometimes

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

Hi danni

#4634 briartrtpd..

briartrtpd..

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Interests:sailing sometimes

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hi danni
A bit of battery charging confusion?

#4635 pseudo

pseudo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Since Dan is back in more than one thread.

#4636 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,719 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

And soon it will be more than one screen name I trust...if history is any guide.

#4637 Timo42's sockpuppet

Timo42's sockpuppet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Why don't you confront Tillerman with real-world questions.

Strange koinkydink no?

Just happened to catch this at the top of the page...

You wanted a real world question, ¿Qué no?

You have one. Do us the courtesy of an answer.

#4638 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

And soon it will be more than one screen name I trust...if history is any guide.

Posted Image

#4639 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,719 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

I like to split hairs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users