#201 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

There is maybe a 3 second delay. and motherfucker, Bora wins!!!!

#202 Colin

Colin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

YEAH! Nice one Bora!

#203 Doug Lord

Doug Lord

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,762 posts
  • Interests:Foiler design and development,.........sailing fast,
    movable ballast systems and..... justice.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

Way to go Bora! First American in history to win a Foiler Moth Worlds!

#204 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:41 PM

stick around for the slalom!

#205 ortegakid

ortegakid

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  • Interests:High performance sailing, motorcycle road racing.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:03 PM

Supermothman!!, clean sweep!! BORA,BORA,BORA!!
Congratulations to Bora, and thanks so much to y'all for the fantastic coverage!

#206 Rolfe'd

Rolfe'd

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Laser Sailing, Cross country, Cooking, lots of stuff...

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:19 PM

Im wondering if we will see the "mast of doom" that nige hinted at? :lol:

#207 Colin

Colin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:23 PM

whats up with the mach 2 contest for the $100? I had top two right..... did anyone get all three? and damn it Rohan.

#208 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

I only got Bora right. I had Bora, Arnaud, Simon :/

MS

#209 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:44 PM

Fuck that was amazing. Lots of vids coming up.

#210 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:45 PM

Sup Unit, the Mach 2 Contest will be sorted out on Monday most likely. Stay tuned for vids, I'll be running them on the live feed.

#211 FINS

FINS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:09 PM

Clean - What a great day! sitting on the beach with Hollywood drinking beer watching bikinis and the racing on my lap top. We must have called Clean a dozen times.
BORA you rock!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Great SA coverage!!!!!

#212 Rolfe'd

Rolfe'd

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

Is the live broadcast done or will it be up again later?

#213 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

Rolfe, I will go through today's archive and put all the clips up sometime tonight or tomorrow morning so everyone can watch the whole thing. Gotta figure out how to do it first though!

#214 nige

nige

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:42 PM

Full results:

http://www.mothworld....org/?q=node/59

#215 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

Results posted are NOT correct. Throw outs not excluded....

Sailed: 15, Discards: 0, To count: 15, Entries: 49,

MS

#216 nige

nige

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

Results posted are NOT correct. Throw outs not excluded....

Sailed: 15, Discards: 0, To count: 15, Entries: 49,

MS

They are now.

#217 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

Just making sure you are paying attention Nige :)

I hope you have had a couple beers... You deserve it.

MS

#218 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

Watch Bora come into the beach...

#219 chromedome

chromedome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

Fantastic Job Bora. You too Clean.

#220 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:43 PM

CGRA Commodore and all-around cool guy with a hot wife...

#221 FoilerMothGuy

FoilerMothGuy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:47 PM

Congrats Bora! A very deserving world champion! First american world champ since 1976, and a dead-set legend.

#222 averagehack

averagehack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

Great job Boro! Great Job CGRA! and Great job Clean!

Thanks to all

#223 averagehack

averagehack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:05 PM

I really meant BorA..Its not my fault...I was drunk at the time.

#224 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:06 PM

So look - here's the last interview I'm loading now - it's Matt Noble and Matt Pistay - and then I'm going to get drunk. Very drunk. Got all the interviews we ran on the live feed this morning, as well as Rohan Veal, Amac, Don Martin, Paul Bieker - all great and all coming up, but not until much later. Also I'll get today's action clipped and embedded but again - much later. Ditto on Mer's pics.

Thanks for tuning in, and we'll be back as soon as inebriation allows.

Sorry - here;

#225 nige

nige

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:47 PM

Scott, I see you are reading this so if I forget later, the CST flags/teardrops are on your crate.

Final Day Press release from Michelle Slade:

=======
Gulari Takes Convincing Win In The
2009 CST Composites Moth World Championships

33-year old Bora Gulari handily took two races in the final day of the 2009 CST Moth World Championship, winning the event and becoming the first American in 33 years to win the title. Racing got underway about 11am in 14-15 knots, the lightest breeze of the week, in very flat water and under cloudy skies.

ďI canít believe Iíve done it,Ē said Gulari, from Detroit, MI. ďItís been a fantastic competition and everyone here has been great. I worked hard for this, and put in a lot of time training with George Peet and I couldnít have done it without his motivation. Heíd get me out there and keep me on it all year. It feels wonderful to be in top place. Arnaud is an awesome sailor and has sailed so well, and Nathan, well, heís the smartest out there on the course and he pushed me so hard. Itís been so great to sail with these guys.

Once he knew heíd taken the first race, Gulari turned the fun dial up and relaxed into the last race, enjoying the lead down the first beat. Missing a tack going into the top mark set him back about five positions and he rounded the mark behind Psarofasghis, Payne, Bergan and Outteridge, so was in top company for the first run. From back in fifth, the downwind sensation wound it up down the track to cross first for the final time in this competition, bringing his event wins to seven, almost half of the races sailed. ďRounding that mark in fifth, although I was in relax mode, I just took off, I donít know what happens but itís an amazing feeling to be able to run like I can on this boat.Ē

Dalton Bergan, finishing fourth, sailed a fast and tactical event, and along with Olympic Laser sailor Brad Funk, these two tidily supported the American effort in the top ten. Long the domain of the Australians and Europeans, this event has cemented the Americans as a force to be reckoned with in the international Moth fleet. The Australian Bladerider team also made a significant dent at the top of the fleet with four Aussies making top ten.

Top Ten Finishers Overall: Bora Gulari (USA) 24 points, Nathan Outteridge (AUS) 36 points, Arnaud Psarofaghis (SUI) 40 points, Dalton Bergan (USA) 49 points, Simon Payne (GBR) 66 points, Rohan Veal (AUS) 82 points, Scott Babbage (AUS) 100 points, Brad Funk (USA) 105 points, Rob Gough (AUS) 108 points, and Kevin Hall (NZL) 141 points.

Quotes from the Boats

Nathan Outteridge (AUS)
In the first race I got up to second behind Bora and it was obvious he was going to win so I was trying to cruise home in second and did a jibe, the foils stalled and I capsized so I ended up fifth which put me very close to Arnaud so the in the last race it was all on. When Arnaud had that massive lead and I was back in fifth I was a bit worried but I just kept cool and tried to sail back into the fleet. I climbed back to first at the top mark but then Bora just went past me again downwind. Heís going really fast and heís done a lot of work so his win is well deserved. When Rohan gave me the chance to come and sail with the Bladerider team and be involved in, I jumped at it because I had gaps in my 49er schedule and the Farr 40 stuff that I do. Everyone is asking me if I am going to make the 2010 Worlds (March in Dubai), and at the moment I have massive conflicts with some of my other events because I am going to see if I canít figure it out. Itís such an awesome event to be involved in. We have the Worlds in Australia in 2011 in Belmont, which is where Iím from, and one of the reasons I was getting into the Moth, so I will definitely do those. I just got into it two years earlier than I was expecting but thatís turned out to be a really good thing because I know what the level is and Iím not far off it, Iíll keep working away at it.

Arnaud Psarofaghis (SUI)
Iím pretty happy with the results. The first race I was behind Nathan and he capsized on a jibe so I took two points on him there so he finished fifth and I finished third. On the last race I decided I was going to just go for the wind and sail away from him so I could have some boats between us. I did a brilliant first beat and sailed very tactically to get to the top mark first, but when I bore away the wind was very light so I struggled a bit to go down, then I lost my first place on the last upwind because I missed the layline one more time Ė I didnít learn from yesterday Ė and Nathan finished one place ahead of me. I finished fourth in last yearís Worlds so Iím moving forward. This yearís been much more intense and the level is much higher than last year. This year was more about speed. This year there is about ten boats who could win a race versus four last year, so itís much more interesting. Every boat is going progressively faster so it was much more difficult this year.

Charlie McKee USA
(Sailing with a broken hand on the final day, an injury sustained during a crash on Day 4): My goal was top ten, I didnít quite achieve that (11th overall), but the people I was around racing were all amazing sailors and we had a great time. We werenít quite with the top Ė there were definitely different fleets and within each fleet everyone was having amazing racing. The top seven were much better than everyone else, and our 8th to 15th group was filled with fantastic sailors. We had some great duels which made it super fun. I think everyone felt that way throughout the fleet. When youíre in the 30s, you look around and you look at the names on the board and the caliber of the sailors Ė Iíve never been to a regatta like this, where thereís so much talent deep in the fleet. As the sailing improved during the week it got way harder for me. At the beginning of the week I was just rolling around in 12th place and Iíd look behind and thereíd be no-one there for a long way, and if I got a 14th or 15th, that was like getting a last. By today, all those guys from 15th to 30th, you make one mistake and theyíd mow you down. To see that thereís that kind of improvement Ė itís partly the steepness of the learning curve but itís mostly just the caliber of the sailors who are so good and only just learning to sail the Moth because itís so fun.

Simon Payne (GBR)
(Still wearing a knee brace today): It was fantastic consistently being in the top five and racing with the guys at the top. Today we changed lead among the five of us up and down the course, and it was just great. I thought I could have done a 4th but with Dalton leading that first race, there wasnít much I could have done. It was so close, and to have two Americans in the top 5, thatís fantastic.

Nigel Oswald (USA) (Event Chair, talking about the event): The numbers are down on last year but the quality of sailing has gone up significantly. The mix at the top of the racing was exciting, with the exception of Bora, there wasnít any one person winning all the races, as in the last few years there has been a dominant few at the top. Iím really happy with the way the event has turned out and now itís over, happy to be able to relax. Sailing for me personally was up and down but my preparation in a new boat has been negligible, and my main aim was to just try to get better throughout the regatta and see if I could get a couple of good races in. I had a bunch of low teens results on yesterday after some of these guys helped me get my boat set up my boat so I think Iíve met my expectations. Itís been great.

Andrew McDougall (AUS) (designer of the Bladerider and Mach2 Moth):
Iím usually the boat guy at these events but thereís not been too many issues which means weíre getting it right. I think thereís 14 Mach 2s at this event. Iíve always got spare parts with me, but thereís really been not that many breakages at all, so guys have been able to work on their game more than worry about their boats. Itís been a fantastic event with just such high level sailing, although speaking for myself, the conditions have been too shifty, Iím not keen on sailing in this kind of shifty breeze.

Competitors and organizers would like to thank the race committee, volunteers and sponsors of the CST Composite 2009 Moth World Championship, held at Cascade Locks, Oregon. For results, and images, visit: http://www.mothworlds2009.org. Contact: Nigel Oswald, event chairman, on +1-415-370-5755. Report by Michelle Slade, michelle@sladecommunications.com, ph. 415- 215-1521.

###

#226 Peelman

Peelman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,119 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list and to save post space.........

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:56 AM

Congrats Bora & to all your team!!! Being gracious as you are in the sport shows why you won & attracted all those to make you program #1 in the world. Also, awesome fleet dynamics with so many friends building a strong class & showing others the way.......now if the AC crowd could only learn ;)

Awesome job to Clean & crew

Cheers,

#227 Phil S

Phil S

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:12 AM

Congratulations Bora.
I guess if an Aussie could not win, at least you are a frequent visitor and a good friend of Aust Mothing.
Well done to all involved with the organisation, sailing and reporting.

#228 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:25 AM

Glad you could be a part of it from so far away, Phil. As fun as this was, it'll be off the hook in 2011, of that we are sure. And there are few things that could keep me away from a 100+ boat Moth Worlds on Lake Macquarie - we'll see you there.

#229 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:28 AM

Going to awards now, but here's a test clip from today's Justin.TV broadcast (with appropriate soundtrack at the end):

Watch live video from onthewateranarchy on Justin.tv

#230 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:30 AM

And this is a GREAT chat with some great folks, including foil guru Paul Bieker.

#231 MER

MER

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:34 AM

Thank you all so much for the kind words about my photos, it's been a blast to show them to you! It's been so amazing to be here and see my favorite boy win it all, and to have watched the story unfold over the past three years.

I'll get you some fun pictures when we get back from dinner - depending on how much wine I drink...

#232 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:34 AM

Mer,

Post a pic of Bora with that trophy as soon as you can, please :)

MS

#233 smc

smc

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:34 AM

Well done Bora!

#234 usa-12

usa-12

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:01 AM

Awesome fucking job Bora!!!

#235 Rolfe'd

Rolfe'd

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:03 AM

Thank you all so much for the kind words about my photos, it's been a blast to show them to you! It's been so amazing to be here and see my favorite boy win it all, and to have watched the story unfold over the past three years.

I'll get you some fun pictures when we get back from dinner - depending on how much wine I drink...

If that "Mast of Doom" nige hinted at comes out, we hope you get pics :)

#236 SailDry

SailDry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:18 AM

Yup, Bora rocks and nice job Bear. See you a-holes in October on the line. I'm headed to AC/DC tonight at the Palace. For those that have rocked "We salute you!"

#237 jibeset

jibeset

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Fishing, Hunting and anything with ing on the end.

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

Clean and Mer,

Nice to meet you guys in person. Great coverage and great times this last week. Nice to have you out on the boat Mer. Drive safe and we will talk soon.

jibeset

#238 jibeset

jibeset

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Fishing, Hunting and anything with ing on the end.

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:36 PM

Working on a cool video from all of the video I took this week. Should be done in a couple days.

#239 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

The first Amac interview yesterday, before racing:

Charlie McKee's hand is fucked!

Hans Henken:

#240 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

This is one of my favorite videos from the week. The ever-mellow yacht designer and now international judge Don Martin.

And this is super cool too - an interview with the NPR producer who came down to record for a segment that will run next Saturday. She's got some cool things to say, and some insight on how to make your class/event more attractive to the media:

#241 kite

kite

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:water

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

Mer,

Post a pic of Bora with that trophy as soon as you can, please :)

MS

Posted Image

Posted Image

#242 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

The fucking boom of doom killed me. I think I hit it four times, each time swallowing a shitload of air, some grass and mud from people dropping it on the ground, and a full glass of beer; all in ten seconds. Ouch.

#243 Vang Tang

Vang Tang

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

This is really amazing stuff. I am just astonished by what you all guys are doing. The kids and not so kids batling on the water with those hell machines (I would like to see what any of us would be able to do riding one) and you media reporters keeping the rest of the world aware of what is happening in a place where internet is almost non existent. Simplhy amazing. Keep up the good work! You are doing history right there, right now.

P.

Actually, the town of Stevenson is broadcasting free wifi so strong it reaches the marina at Cascade Locks. The race course is in between the 2 points. In other words, this is one of the freakin best places in the world to have a regatta like this.

#244 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

Actually, the town of Stevenson is broadcasting free wifi so strong it reaches the marina at Cascade Locks. The race course is in between the 2 points. In other words, this is one of the freakin best places in the world to have a regatta like this.

The Stevenson Wi-Fi project signal is insufficient to do anything with. It was only thanks to Saw.Net, the City of Stevenson, and the Port of Cascade Locks that we were able to live stream the video we did. They actually set up a transmitting antenna - a 60 degree directional TA unit - outside the port building at the water's edge on the WA shore. Then they set up a receiving (SM) antenna on the CGRA shed, with a long ethernet cable that went into a router, and then into my computer. Compared to the speed of the existing web in pretty much all of Cascade Locks, this connection was roughly 10 times faster. The antenna stays on the shed for future events ;)

#245 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

Awards Ceremony, Part 1:

#246 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

Part 2, including the "Blog Worlds" award - a great idea.

#247 MER

MER

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

Photos from day five. Sorry for the delay, I guess I did have fun last night...I think we picked up a hitchhiker.

I have a many more photos that I will be posting in the next couple of hours.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_2.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_3.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_4.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_5.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_6.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_7.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_8.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_9.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_10.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_11.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_12.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_13.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_14.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_15.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_16.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_18.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_20.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_21.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_22.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_23.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_24.jpg

#248 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

Part 3:

More gratuitous thanks to people, including the mayor, who also is the metal artist that made the trophies...that's Cascade Locks and it aint' bad.

Awards from 10th to 4th:

#249 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

As Mer and I sit here in the car outside the hotel posting stuff, we are trying to piece together the events of last night. But we did remember this part...Bora gets his trophy and makes a speech!

And I still have a few videos left.

1) The "boom of doom" attacks
2) 10 minutes with Rohan, VERY comprehensive interview
3) 8.5 minutes with Amac, equally awesome and informative. Fun to get both of the key people for the two boats that dominated the event.

Tune in later!

#250 MER

MER

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

More photos from race 14 to the finish & the start of race 15. We're on our way. Not sure where we're going, but we're gonna get there real fast.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_25.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_26.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_27.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_28.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_29.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_30.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_31.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_32.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_33.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_34.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_34.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_36.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_37.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_38.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_39.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_40.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_42.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_43.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_44.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_45.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_46.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_47.jpg

#251 nige

nige

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:01 PM

More good vids:

http://www.shorttsupply.com/node/18

And from T2p:

http://www.t2p.tv/gu...ewers/mw093.php

#252 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:11 AM

Great, long video of Rohan Veal:

#253 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:12 AM

And an almost-as-long video of Andrew Macdougal. If you have any interest at all in these two guys, the future of foilers, and the future of the class, listen to the entire interviews. Some fireworks too from Amac - a truly genuine bloke.

#254 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:14 AM

And while I can't say too much for fear of destroying reputations, I can tell you that the post-race party was completely off the hook. Here's some video of the "Boom of Doom," which was actually the top section of a Moth mast converted into a 12 foot long beer bong. It saw long and hard duty last night.

#255 MER

MER

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:23 AM

This drive is taking a really long time...I think we made a few wrong turns in the Cascades. Were we supposed to look at the map before taking those unpaved roads?

Anyway, here's some more photos from day 5

Attached Thumbnails

• 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_48.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_49.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_50.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_51.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_52.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_53.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_54.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_58.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_59.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_61.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_62.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_63.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_65.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_67.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_68.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_1.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_2.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_3.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_4.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_6.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_7.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_8.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_9.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_10.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_13.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_11.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_14.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_16.jpg
  • 2009_MOTH_WORLDS_Photos_By_Meredith_Block_18.jpg

#256 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:13 PM

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all who were involved. I dont know how to explain the sort of relief i feel. To know that for all time i have put into the sailing, i can prove that I was the best, at least for one moment, and no one can ever take that away from me.

Already back in the midwest and cant wait to sleep for around 24 hours, some of my "friends" from home are trying to sick ISAF and the Beneteau Police on me now... Whats that song "aint no rest for the wicked"?

#257 FINS

FINS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

Bora you theme for the Beneteau Nationals should be the next song - In One Ear - Congrats!!!!

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#258 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

Quite the change of pace Mr. G - Flying moth to Beneteau-with-bedrooms.

Mer is busy in the car as we drive through Whitefish, Montana on our way to Glacier National Park. Just went through this place a few minutes ago, I hear there are some J/24s or something there...

Mer's getting her pics up as soon as she can - practice and Day 5 are posted already. Check 'em out and let her know if you have any special requests.

#259 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:58 PM

Clean,

Where are you and your bride headed next? Melges 20's in Holland, 24s in TC? Charleston to try to remember what your bed looks like? Detroit for the Bora party?

MS

#260 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:18 PM

Hey Squirrel, we are lazily headed back to the D for an unspecified amount of time. It would be nice to check out our house, but 100 degree air and 94 degree water makes August a bit tough in Charleston. We do have some hard limits; most likely we will be covering the Melges 32 Worlds in Porto Cervo for ten days in mid September, and then Melges 24 Worlds in Annapolis, which should be a full week of fully live sportboat racing coverage. Then I have no fucking idea what!

The Bora party will be impossible to miss. But in the mean time, I'm taking Mer to a really special spot; the far West side of Glacier National Park, where just outside the park there is an old logging road with a tiny mountain lake populated by moose, grizzlies, and a seemingly endless supply of beautiful native cutthroat trout. Then it's through the park, let Mer exercise her shooting finger for a few, then down to Missoula for some college town ambience.

And then it's Eastward, nonstop. See y'all soon.

#261 SailDry

SailDry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

Here you go Bora.

http://webmail.aol.c...i...ox&partId=4

#262 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

I don't get it. Is it my iPhones fault?

#263 Doug Lord

Doug Lord

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,762 posts
  • Interests:Foiler design and development,.........sailing fast,
    movable ballast systems and..... justice.

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

Clean-great interviews with Veal and AMAC-Thanks!

#264 Shife

Shife

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:44 AM

Any idea when the BYC Bora Bash will occur? Hoping to be around for it, but will be gone doing DH Trans Erie soon.

#265 teknologika

teknologika

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:03 AM

Nope that is a link to his webmail, which no-one has access to.

#266 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:28 AM

What was the link to the Blog World's winner?

MS

#267 teknologika

teknologika

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:42 AM

What was the link to the Blog World's winner?

MS

Joe's blog is http://madmothist.blogspot.com/

#268 SailDry

SailDry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

Yes. It's a shot of the cannons firing during the AC/DC concert.

#269 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

Any idea when the BYC Bora Bash will occur? Hoping to be around for it, but will be gone doing DH Trans Erie soon.

think we will go for next tues

#270 nige

nige

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:13 AM

Not Clean's cup of tea, I'm sure but there is something in this vid for everyone - the crash talk is funny shit and you cant complain about the footage.

T2P's final edited video:

http://www.t2p.tv/gu...ewers/mw094.php

Thanks everyone for the support, huge congrats Bora and many thanks to Clean for posting some great vids and the effort to spread the word far and wide!!

Over and out... .... till next time.

#271 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:48 AM

Not Clean's cup of tea, I'm sure but there is something in this vid for everyone - the crash talk is funny shit and you cant complain about the footage.

Thanks everyone for the support, huge congrats Bora and many thanks to Clean for posting some great vids and the effort to spread the word far and wide!!

Can you imagine how cool that video would be if T2P would run on a Mac? That would be awesome.

#272 Doug Culnane

Doug Culnane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:17 AM

Can you imagine how cool that video would be if T2P would run on a Mac? That would be awesome.

And Linux... :-(

#273 jamieb

jamieb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:31 AM

Additional interview with Lindsay

A bunch of additional interviews from the same user

#274 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:43 PM

Wacky chick Anja shot a shitload of interviews while we were down there. I could never figure out why, but here they are.
Joe Bousquet:

Flying over Mt. St. Helens:

Bora trains before Worlds in the big shit:

Giovanni from Italy/Canada/Belgium

#275 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:47 PM