20 replies to this topic

#1 sailski

sailski

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

Trying to get any results from todays racing at the J35 NA's. Anyone have any info??

#2 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,997 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

I guess they'll be here when they have something to post

#3 InNeedOfSomeRestraint

InNeedOfSomeRestraint

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Apart from sailing? Photography, Camping & Skiing.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

Bump-n-grind beat me to it. Sailski, bear some things in mind. 1) it is the first day 2) they probably aren't done with their days races yet 3) most regatta people generally wait until after the race committee arrives back to the dock to post results. So, why don't you just take a chill pill or 5 and wait a few hours. Just because we're sailing anarchy doesn't mean we have the answer for everything. We're not a private army. Relax and I'm sure you'll find results, as we all will, when they're posted.

#4 sailski

sailski

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

Bump-n-grind beat me to it. Sailski, bear some things in mind. 1) it is the first day 2) they probably aren't done with their days races yet 3) most regatta people generally wait until after the race committee arrives back to the dock to post results. So, why don't you just take a chill pill or 5 and wait a few hours. Just because we're sailing anarchy doesn't mean we have the answer for everything. We're not a private army. Relax and I'm sure you'll find results, as we all will, when they're posted.

Well sorry to get your panties in an uproar. Just trying to see if any of the anarchists in Muskegon, which I do know are out watching the racing.. have any info. As for Bump.... If you have followed the regatta before, you will know that it can be days- weeks for them to post anything on that website. Just look at the current entries list. So... I will pose the question again (even though it bothers bump and InNeed). Does anyone have any info on the J35 Na's? Bump and Need if you don't like it ........

#5 sailski

sailski

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:38 PM

Glad that you can google search to the same useless website as everybody else.

#6 haz

haz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:24 AM

Well sorry to get your panties in an uproar. Just trying to see if any of the anarchists in Muskegon, which I do know are out watching the racing.. have any info. As for Bump.... If you have followed the regatta before, you will know that it can be days- weeks for them to post anything on that website. Just look at the current entries list. So... I will pose the question again (even though it bothers bump and InNeed). Does anyone have any info on the J35 Na's? Bump and Need if you don't like it ........

Sorry about not getting the results posted on the MYC site.

Four races held today, all inside on Muskegon Lake. Wind SW @ 18-25.

Mr. Bill's perfect with four bullets. Aftershock is tied with (I believe) Whiplash for second with 11 points each.

Minor carnage ... Falcon busted a pole, a few kites blew up, some halyards and sheets died.

Hopefully we'll be able to get 'em out on Lake Michigan tomorrow. Today was unsafe for the RC boats (4-6 footers with the occasional +).

I'll get the results up after tomorrow's racing ... www.muskegonyachtclub.org

Haz

#7 InNeedOfSomeRestraint

InNeedOfSomeRestraint

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Apart from sailing? Photography, Camping & Skiing.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:22 AM

Sorry about not getting the results posted on the MYC site.

Four races held today, all inside on Muskegon Lake. Wind SW @ 18-25.

Mr. Bill's perfect with four bullets. Aftershock is tied with (I believe) Whiplash for second with 11 points each.

Minor carnage ... Falcon busted a pole, a few kites blew up, some halyards and sheets died.

Hopefully we'll be able to get 'em out on Lake Michigan tomorrow. Today was unsafe for the RC boats (4-6 footers with the occasional +).

I'll get the results up after tomorrow's racing ... www.muskegonyachtclub.org

Haz

Happy now sailski!?

#8 haz

haz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

Ok ... back at the club.

It was Falcon who's tied with Aftershock for second ... sorry.

Scores are here.

I'll update them after racing today.

Haz

#9 haz

haz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:13 PM

Results are up after day two (preliminary).

Get 'em here.

Classic day ... 40 degree shifts, 6-22 knots of breeze, sunshine, rain (cats sleeping with dogs...).

Haz

#10 Great Lakes

Great Lakes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

Was the racing on the big lake, or inside today? If inside, what reasons are there for that?

#11 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,997 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:16 PM

and for any of you that can't get enough J35 racing.. we're having the Mid Atlantic Championships here on the Chesapeake over Halloween weekend.. medium distance race(20-30 miles) on Friday and as many w/l's as we can pack in over Saturday and Sunday.
The NOR will be posted up on the CBYRA and WRSC websites shortly.

If anyone wants more information please feel free to send me a pm on here...

#12 haz

haz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:17 AM

Was the racing on the big lake, or inside today? If inside, what reasons are there for that?

OK, I'm not going to 'justify' anything (not the cadre making the decision), but it was inside (Muskegon Lake) again. We sent a boat out at 9:00AM and there was 4-6 knots breeze with leftover 2-4 foot slop. We wound up with good breeze inside by 10AM (10-14 knots), and got racing underway at 10:30. Wouldn't have started the first race 'til around 'noonish' on LM and it was still inconsistent.

No complaints (voiced) from the participants, so seems like a reasonable decision.

Haz

#13 wes5

wes5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:04 AM

We are hoping to get on the big lake tomorrow.

#14 Great Lakes

Great Lakes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:12 AM

OK, I'm not going to 'justify' anything (not the cadre making the decision), but it was inside (Muskegon Lake) again. We sent a boat out at 9:00AM and there was 4-6 knots breeze with leftover 2-4 foot slop. We wound up with good breeze inside by 10AM (10-14 knots), and got racing underway at 10:30. Wouldn't have started the first race 'til around 'noonish' on LM and it was still inconsistent.

No complaints (voiced) from the participants, so seems like a reasonable decision.

Haz

Probably a good call to stay inside. The slop would not have been fun, and judging by the results, the local knowledge doesn't seem to concern the leaders. Thanks for the update.

#15 glexpress

glexpress

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

Glad that you can google search to the same useless website as everybody else.

I guess having most events on LZ's yachtscoring just spoils us :P

#16 sailski

sailski

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

BYW Bump.... If you notice the link that you put up doesn't even have 2008 results up. That is why I was asking on here.

#17 sailski

sailski

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:06 PM

Congrates To Bill Wildner and his crew on Mr Bill's Wild Ride for their 3 peat at the NA's!

#18 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, boating, automobiles, diving, Big Ten Sports, Sailing

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:01 PM

I was chairman of the event. The web sit was a hijacked leftover from last years regatta that I have not expertise to update so sorry for that. All of the information and results are available through the Muskegon Yacht Club site at www.muskegonyachtclub.org .

Racing Friday was nearly survival conditions with more like 6-8 foot waves and I saw steady mid twenties with frequent gust as high as the low thirties. RC would not have been able to do their job safely on Lake Mi so we stayed in. Had a good two foot chop on Muskegon Lake and we were able to get four solid races in by 2:30 in the afternoon. At least 5 ripped chutes and two damaged number three's, a broken Spin pole, at least two blown halyards, two jib sheets, and a check stay. Jimi at BBS did yoemans work until about 3am saturday morning in a valient effort to repair some fo the damage but at least one chute didn't make it. Mr. Bill's Wild Ride handled the conditions best and had four bullets. Most of the rest of us were just too scared to sail as deep as he was in that much air. Best broach was Falcon, who went down hard and blew up the chute and broke the pole in the fourth race. The bottom and keel got some significant air time.

Day two conditions were all over the map. As much as 22 knotw of wind and as little as 7 for brief periods as the wind and rain kept flowing through in waves. Outside in the big lake was still ugly but great wind and water conditions for outstanding sailing. In these conditions Mr. Bill returned to mortality and was beatable but still very fast and in the running in every race. Very consistant as the results show. Falcon came on stong and closed the gap to take over sole position of Second while Aftershock and Bad Dog Duked it out for third. Bad Dog had 3 2nds, but also had an OCS start that led to 6, After shock was steadier with two 2nds and 4 3rd/ and a 4 being their worst finish. These four boats finished many of the races nearly overlapped and the racing was very intense.

Day three was waiting for the wind to fill in and unfortunately it did not happen until after we had called it a regatta after waiting for nearly three hours. As we were down to a point where we only had time to run one race it was unlikely to affect the standings anyway. If we had gotten the planned three races on Sunday there was a battle for first and third that unfortunately mother nature decided for us.

Overall a clean regatta, the Muskegon Yacht Club, RC, and Staff did an outstanding job. Everyone had a great time, and no one was sorry we did not race on Lake Michigan. The J/35 clan is a blast and really good people. Can't wait to do it again! :P

Congrats to Mr. Bill, Falcon, and Aftershock for continuiing to set the standards for the J/35 performance. We were knocking on the door with good boat speed but couldn't quite crack the podium on this one.

#19 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,997 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:19 AM

BYW Bump.... If you notice the link that you put up doesn't even have 2008 results up. That is why I was asking on here.

nope.. didn't notice.. just gave a quick look whilst passing thru

#20 More Cowbell2

More Cowbell2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Psychoanalysis of dormant amoebas, underwater basket weaving, phlembology, political activism for alien sub-species, counting to twelve, making square blocks fit into round holes, yadda, yadda, yadda

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:57 PM

I was chairman of the event. The web sit was a hijacked leftover from last years regatta that I have not expertise to update so sorry for that. All of the information and results are available through the Muskegon Yacht Club site at www.muskegonyachtclub.org .

Racing Friday was nearly survival conditions with more like 6-8 foot waves and I saw steady mid twenties with frequent gust as high as the low thirties. RC would not have been able to do their job safely on Lake Mi so we stayed in. Had a good two foot chop on Muskegon Lake and we were able to get four solid races in by 2:30 in the afternoon. At least 5 ripped chutes and two damaged number three's, a broken Spin pole, at least two blown halyards, two jib sheets, and a check stay. Jimi at BBS did yoemans work until about 3am saturday morning in a valient effort to repair some fo the damage but at least one chute didn't make it. Mr. Bill's Wild Ride handled the conditions best and had four bullets. Most of the rest of us were just too scared to sail as deep as he was in that much air. Best broach was Falcon, who went down hard and blew up the chute and broke the pole in the fourth race. The bottom and keel got some significant air time.

Day two conditions were all over the map. As much as 22 knotw of wind and as little as 7 for brief periods as the wind and rain kept flowing through in waves. Outside in the big lake was still ugly but great wind and water conditions for outstanding sailing. In these conditions Mr. Bill returned to mortality and was beatable but still very fast and in the running in every race. Very consistant as the results show. Falcon came on stong and closed the gap to take over sole position of Second while Aftershock and Bad Dog Duked it out for third. Bad Dog had 3 2nds, but also had an OCS start that led to 6, After shock was steadier with two 2nds and 4 3rd/ and a 4 being their worst finish. These four boats finished many of the races nearly overlapped and the racing was very intense.

Day three was waiting for the wind to fill in and unfortunately it did not happen until after we had called it a regatta after waiting for nearly three hours. As we were down to a point where we only had time to run one race it was unlikely to affect the standings anyway. If we had gotten the planned three races on Sunday there was a battle for first and third that unfortunately mother nature decided for us.

Overall a clean regatta, the Muskegon Yacht Club, RC, and Staff did an outstanding job. Everyone had a great time, and no one was sorry we did not race on Lake Michigan. The J/35 clan is a blast and really good people. Can't wait to do it again! :P

Congrats to Mr. Bill, Falcon, and Aftershock for continuiing to set the standards for the J/35 performance. We were knocking on the door with good boat speed but couldn't quite crack the podium on this one.

First, Congrats to the Wild Ride crew on a well sailed regatta. Wish we could call a do over to reduce the level of carnage on the boat Friday (carbon fiber poles are good in compression mode, flexural mode not so much). Also thanks for the hospitality at the beach house, though I want a rematch in the euchre tournament.

Larry, thanks for putting on a fine regatta. Wish there were more boats participating, but times being what they are. Would have been nice to have a race or three on Sunday - maybe extend the time limit to 5 pm? :P Either that or extend the open pour a few more hours. ;) That was some good pig & corn on Sat!

Hope to see everyone in Annapolis next year!

#21 Bluffton Bay Sails

Bluffton Bay Sails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

Thanks again Larry! Great regatta and time had by all!

Jimmy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users