#1 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:38 PM

....as requested. ;)

w/l 4 legs coming up shortly. Looks like we might be closer into shore today. Better breeze over there I think. A FEW whitecaps, nothing to get excited over though. They have been coming/going. Hope it builds and holds!

#2 RockHead

RockHead

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:02 PM

Postpone. Can't get the pin where they want it. My laptop has already crashed so I'm on Dan Tuckers. That being said, thanks agin to Dan, Steve Devoe of Jamestown Boat yard for the use of this stellar protector rib, and of course Viper640 for your coverage today.

Breeze shifted left, so once they set the mark, we'll see what happens next. I hope this battery lasts! If not, check twitter. LOL

#3 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:04 PM

ha ha. Looks like RockHead was still signed in. ...fixed it. ;)

#4 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

general recall

#5 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:56 PM

2nd general recall

"protector" is called in to save the day and tow #92 Chad into Indian Harbor. They were hit at the start and have taken a chunk out of their hull just near the port shrouds. Most likely I will miss the first start and part of the first race. Sorry folks.

2nd general recall

"protector" is called in to save the day and tow #92 Chad into Indian Harbor. They were hit at the start and have taken a chunk out of their hull just near the port shrouds. Most likely I will miss the first start and part of the first race. Sorry folks.

#6 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

So while we are towing $92 in I'll give you something to read.

After racing yesterday, and we made it back to the dock in one piece I headed up to the yacht club (we are out of Indian Harbor Yacht Club w/a few Vipes, and the others are over at the Stamford Yacht Club) to use their wifi. Nice folks there but the vids took a bit to download and I think some people were walking by the office giving me funny stares. That's okay though, I hope to get in there after the races today to do the same thing! :D

The yacht clubs did not host a dinner or party last night so the fleet was left to fend for itself. ...and you know how that can get! ha ha. Justin's house is full up, including me crashing in a kids play room floor on a cushy rug they have in there. I might try the bean bag tonight though as my lower back was ready to explode this morning! I'm very happy to have a place to stay though and Casa de Justin with everyone there couldn't be a better hook up. THANKS J & J for the hospitality!

In the meantime, Ultraracer, whom Hyerstay and I were following back to the house from Stamford Yacht Club, couldn't find Justin's house. ....WITH A GPS! Finally I had to step in after going in circles for a while. :lol: Sorry Ultra, I couldn't help posting that classic bit for all to read. Maybe you do better with channel buoys and nautical maps? I dunno, just sayin'. ;)

Dinner last night was at a fabulous Peruvian place, though I never did catch the name of it. Pisco Sour drinks all around and the best part was that Apex Chaser was on the phone to do all of our ordering of the appetizers! Apex, they were AWESOME and well enjoyed by all. Oh, maybe a good time to interview said injured boat, be back in a while.

Cheers.
V

#7 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:37 PM

Back out to the course and it looks like we have moved farther from the shore than where the first start was. The good news is we only missed one race it looks like, the bad news, we missed the first race, ready for the 2nd one though!

#8 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

INternet cutting in and out so I'll post tweets also.

Top mark race two: bora, schute, sole

#9 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:22 PM

Bora/Strauss bros for the win, Guggenheim for second, John Porter with his fixed up boom for third on race 2

#10 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:50 PM

Waiting on RC to get 3rd race started. We are all drifting around aimlessly!

#11 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:38 PM

Odd action today on the water. We only got off three races and they seemed to have taken FOREVER in between! Uploading vid/pic now

#12 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

Videos!

Still working on the embed, can't seem to find the "html" option here....

at any rate, here are links:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OfNfTB_fNS4

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6LibyjwUhTM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fvdxmqXtGdw

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OOIUrPHwEo0

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2DSAYEbyJC4

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bzmSvteGSdM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CRoRrDk2wkk

...might be some wind noise. I was actually sitting ON TOP of the protector rib boat we were on so I could get a better vantage point!

#13 apexchaser

apexchaser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

In the meantime, Ultraracer, whom Hyerstay and I were following back to the house from Stamford Yacht Club, couldn't find Justin's house. ....WITH A GPS! Finally I had to step in after going in circles for a while. :lol: Sorry Ultra, I couldn't help posting that classic bit for all to read. Maybe you do better with channel buoys and nautical maps? I dunno, just sayin'. ;)

Dinner last night was at a fabulous Peruvian place, though I never did catch the name of it. Pisco Sour drinks all around and the best part was that Apex Chaser was on the phone to do all of our ordering of the appetizers! Apex, they were AWESOME and well enjoyed by all. Oh, maybe a good time to interview said injured boat, be back in a while.

Cheers.
V

Thx for sharing, Venomiss! We'll make sure to give ultraracer appropriate abuse for his inability to follow a GPS. :lol:

And great job providing coverage with what sounds like very challenging technology issues.

Also, good to hear that the Peruvian restaurant worked out ok. It was funny last night to get a call from Ultraracer's cell phone, with Rockhead on the line asking for dish recommendations at the Peruvian joint. Glad it all worked out!

Congrats to the Bora/Strauss Bros crew on USA 21... sounds like they got two bullets today (races 2 & 3)?

It'll be interesting to see what today does to the overall results. We need to see what damage the Pisco Sours from last night may have done. :)

http://www.yachtscor...ive.cfm?eID=264 (with luck we'll see today's races on there soon)

And what's the story with the boat you had to tow in with the hole? We want details. With luck everyone's ok and nobody ended up in The Room.

#14 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

And what's the story with the boat you had to tow in with the hole? We want details. With luck everyone's ok and nobody ended up in The Room.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OOIUrPHwEo0

#15 NormAnderson

NormAnderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:28 AM

....as requested. ;)

w/l 4 legs coming up shortly. Looks like we might be closer into shore today. Better breeze over there I think. A FEW whitecaps, nothing to get excited over though. They have been coming/going. Hope it builds and holds!

Stacey,

How is Tony doing?

Norm

#16 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,527 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:57 AM

So, lovely girl - you need to copy the embed code you find in picture 1:

Into picture 2. If you do not see the "post options" HTML OFF in your add new post screen, send Davey a quick email and he'll fix it. If you do, post the embed code as text in the post, and then enable HTML - auto line break option - in the Post Options box below. Great job and thanks. I LOVE to have competition, believe me!

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture_2.png
  • Picture_3.png

#17 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,527 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:17 AM

After getting off the phone with the lovely Venomiss (who is partying with Strauss and the boys), she is clearly not posting this shit tonight. So I'll just stick 'em in here. Nice job Stacey!

Jan Murray, PRO:

John Porter, previously a M24 Class Pres and Finn NA champ:

#18 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,527 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:23 AM

OTW Action, with college sailing chicks! Fuck, this reporter is GOOD!

Chad, Doug and Mike from hull no. 24, after someone t-boned them on port. What a fucking bummer...

Bora the explorer rounds in first. STacey, GET THEM THE FUCK CLOSER! Especially at the leeward mark - just get right in between the gates, no one goes there....

More far-away video:

Finish:

#19 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:06 AM

Clean's wrong. :) I've been busy partying with Strauss AND working !! Some photos:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2890.jpg
  • IMG_2900.jpg
  • IMG_3117.jpg
  • IMG_3152.jpg
  • IMG_3166.jpg

#20 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:21 AM

#92, towed in as everyone knows. Apparently a port starboard altercation and Chad was on starboard. Hit at the start pretty hard. Nice guys, too bad the regatta is over for them though. Here is a quick pic of the damage

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2889.jpg

#21 Timbo

Timbo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Interests:Life's Short...

Sail Fast!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:47 AM

#92, towed in as everyone knows. Apparently a port starboard altercation and Chad was on starboard. Hit at the start pretty hard. Nice guys, too bad the regatta is over for them though. Here is a quick pic of the damage

Naw, that will buff right out..... ;)

#22 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

Good morning Anarchits,

Today brings us day 3 of OTW Anarchy with the Viper fleet here in Stamford, CT. Reports and rumors have it to be very light today and colder than the previous two days. Everyone's best guess is 2 races, possibly three, but that might be pushing it if it's light. I believe I'll have the wifi again today, but batteries out there aren't lasting long and the wifi for whatever reason connects, disconnects, connects, disconnects and it's driving me nuts. I think I'll use the twitter feed today to bring you as many updates as I can type into my phone, as I think we will be short on hands today again.

#23 RockHead

RockHead

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:03 PM

Great job Venomiss! Of course, she's not there when Rattler rounds 2nd at the final weather mark of Day 2... LOL

Essex needs a beating about getting in closer.

As expected the fleet is freakin' DEEP. Screw up and it's nearly impossible to sail through from the middle to the top. Starts are tough, but mostly very clean, without fouls. Gotta get off the line and hit the first shift or you're pretty well screwed, as our results show. Aggressive line, with everybody pushing hard to be in the front, so a bunch of general recalls yesterday. At the actual start of the first race of Day 2, we managed to luck into an enormous hole mid-line and pulled off a top 10 finish. Next race we were at the wrong end of a 30 degree shift at the start and couldn't work our way out. Third race good start, hit the first shift, hung with the leaders and pulled off a top 5 finish. Hope we can do more of that today and salvage a result close to the top 10 overall. The bonus will be hanging close enough to watch the 4 way battle for the regatta win.

Gotta say, Jan (Charlotte) and her gang have done an amazing job organizing this event. As Justin posted in the NA's thread, the IHYC and SYC really have outdone themselves. I haven't had a burger or hot dog yet this weekend. Amazing spreads at the dinners... I've never had roast duck + filet mignon at a regatta buffet before! Damn. Clean can lampoon the gold coast YCs, but there is something to said for their style.

And then there's Goslings. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! Endless supply of Dark and Stormies lubricated the party quite nicely, as indicated by the upside down cocktail on the floor. That actually happened twice in the span of about 20 minutes, Soley scooped them both up after we all stared in amazement, then Dawn powered down the remains. Freaky! Viperers were scaring the staff by the end of the night, with drinking games, till they shut off the lights to drive out the last revelers. The party continued till the wee hours at the Viper hotel, aka Justin's house. Oh, and the Goslings girl is a cutie.

#24 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,527 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:00 PM

Go get 'em Venomiss! Thanks all for keeping us posted over here in Eye Ti Land. Now go get 'em Bora and Simon and Q - kick some Canadian ass!

#25 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

From Twitter:
# AP up at the dock (about 2 hours ago from txt)

# Not much going on yet. People washing hulls (about 1 hour ago from txt)

Folks moving trailers, still under Postponement.

#26 TCS

TCS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

....as requested. ;)

Stacey,

How is Tony doing?

Norm

Hey NOOB, FUCK OFF.
Welcome to the SA forums, good to see you here. :lol:

TCS
USA 77616
Runaway

#27 support crew

support crew

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

Anymore up dates? Are they going to get a race in today?

#28 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

VM twats? tweets? twits? : # Lots of folks pulling out. (about 1 hour ago from txt)

I don't know if that means boats are pulling out from the dock to go racing or if boats are hauling out cause racing is done.

#29 TCS

TCS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

VM twats? tweets? twits? : # Lots of folks pulling out. (about 1 hour ago from txt)

I don't know if that means boats are pulling out from the dock to go racing or if boats are hauling out cause racing is done.

Just got off the phone with VENOMISS, she says races are canceled for the day. she's headed over to try and catch the awards ceremony.

Well done to VENOMISS and crew this weekend. Good stuff.
Cheers,
TCS

#30 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

Just got off the phone with VENOMISS, she says races are canceled for the day. she's headed over to try and catch drink too much at the awards ceremony.

Cheers,
TCS

Good job this weekend VM. Apologies for not making it down, we'll coordinate better next time.

#31 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

Well, as you know (thanks tcs) races are canceled for the day with awards scheduled at 2pm. I've had to drop off Harvey's camera, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get video of the actual awards ceremony. If Harv makes in time, we will, if not, he's headed home. He's got three boats here, so even though there wasn't racing today, it's alot to pack up!

Here are a couple of more videos to tide you over until I can get more photos up this evening. The powers that be still hasn't given me access to embed this stuff, so I hope you don't mind links! The are better than nothing, right? ;)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YLKNBgVGxIQ

Cheers,
V

#32 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:18 PM

Just got off the phone with VENOMISS, she says races are canceled for the day. she's headed over to try and catch drink too much at the awards ceremony.

Cheers,
TCS

Good job this weekend VM. Apologies for not making it down, we'll coordinate better next time.

Thanks Main... I'm sure I missed some stuff here, there and everywhere but hopefully everyone enjoyed the bits I was able to get!

#33 Slow Ed

Slow Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:22 PM

Congrats to Lee, Eric and Brad. Well done guys.

#34 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

Headed back to awards. Will "tweet" finising positions

adios

#35 Slow Ed

Slow Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:36 PM

Headed back to awards. Will "tweet" finising positions

adios

...or just go here

http://www.yachtscor...ive.cfm?eID=264

#36 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,527 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

Well, as you know (thanks tcs) races are canceled for the day with awards scheduled at 2pm. I've had to drop off Harvey's camera, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get video of the actual awards ceremony. If Harv makes in time, we will, if not, he's headed home. He's got three boats here, so even though there wasn't racing today, it's alot to pack up!

Here are a couple of more videos to tide you over until I can get more photos up this evening. The powers that be still hasn't given me access to embed this stuff, so I hope you don't mind links! The are better than nothing, right? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAOBosQlWDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLKNBgVGxIQ

Cheers,
V

Dawn Shaughnessy (sp) on chicks sailing!

Class Pres Justin Scott during postponement

#37 Shuck

Shuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Boobs. Sailing. Electricity.

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

I justed want to give Props to the best boat name in the fleet. V Spot. Cheers.

#38 Essex

Essex

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:15 AM

Jeez, what's with all that whining about getting in closer ? Looked damn close to me every time I looked out the window - why the vids look further out is odd - maybe just a bit more zoom would help ?
Boats won't just sit on station in 15 knots of breeze - ya need to keep gunning it and every minute or 2 you have to bail out and take another pass,
and shall we say our hosts were just a bit wary of the SA rep, lot of waving off going on by pin & mark boats.
I can totally see now how that KWRW incident might have happened - its a v fine line between not close enough and getting in the way of the race - as we found out at start of race 3 / day 2 - we were parked quite close to the pin on course side (well I thought it was close, think Vmiss was banging on the roof as usual telling me to get closer !) - thought we had 30 seconds left when the gun goes off and suddenly there 7/8 vipes coming straight at us, I throw it into full reverse and damn if those Vipes are still gaining on us, just about managed to peel off left and get clear before they caught us.
That move got a few laughs at the party last night (should be some still shots showing up eventually).

Anyways Venomiss, didn't get a chance to say bye this afternoon, was great working with you & have fun at the "ISAF" next week.

#39 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,527 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:19 AM

It ain't easy essex - if it was everyone would do it! Nice work though, just thank your lucky stars it wasn't me telling you where to go - you'd have swam to shore.

#40 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,527 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:20 AM

Put it this way - if you don't get yelled at every now and again, you ain't doin' it right. Kinda like starting - if you're not over early every few starts, you ain't really trying.

#41 RockHead

RockHead

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:08 AM

I had some fun at Essex's expense on Saturday, hollering at him to "GET CLOSER", followed immediately by, "YOU'RE IN MY WAY!" ;) Not sure he heard any of it inside the very Gucci Protector. I think Hyerstay took a couple of pics of Venomiss on the cabintop. He had a long drive home, so maybe we'll see them on Monday.

Thanks for coming sailing with me Hyerstay and Ultra, it was damned fun! And nice job Stacey, even though you were a bit suspect about your ability to pull it off. I think you're now the on-call fill-in for Clean!

P.S. Who's stalking whom?!? ;)

#42 Streetwise

Streetwise

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Viper 640 #18

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:51 AM

I had some fun at Essex's expense on Saturday, hollering at him to "GET CLOSER", followed immediately by, "YOU'RE IN MY WAY!" ;) Not sure he heard any of it inside the very Gucci Protector. I think Hyerstay took a couple of pics of Venomiss on the cabintop. He had a long drive home, so maybe we'll see them on Monday.

Thanks for coming sailing with me Hyerstay and Ultra, it was damned fun! And nice job Stacey, even though you were a bit suspect about your ability to pull it off. I think you're now the on-call fill-in for Clean!

P.S. Who's stalking whom?!? ;)

Thanks right back! It was awesome. Thanks to Viper640.org, Rockhead, Ultraracer, Venomiss, SYC, IHYC, the RC, Goslings, and all the great new friends I met. What a kick-ass class. I love racing against such talented and pleasant people.

I can't wait till my own Viper gets picked up next month!

More pics and text tomorrow if I get a chance outside work and soccer.

Good night!

jason

#43 VENOMISS

VENOMISS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:13 AM

Hi Crowd.

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone.

I'm up in Mass now, from CT, then NY (a long drive!) so I'll get some photos up when I get home tomorrow if I'm still awake then. :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users