#1 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:40 AM

The title says it all, and chewed up and spit out is how the sailors look, walking around town. 6 straight days of easterlies, 6 straight days of lumpiness in varying degrees, and a very long day 3 have really beaten the crap out of the entire fleet from bottom to top. We are battered and bruised as well, and destroying the bar with the Barbarians last night didn't help much. Here's a little piece from Molly Baxter that I got last night - not editing it at the moment, because I've got a ton of errands to run. Youtubes from yesterday are loading, but may take a bit, but I'll stick them in yesterday's thread when I have a minute. 2 on tap today, and our lovely friend Kara, who you might remember from the deck of Ran when we snuck her aboard in Palma for some "grinding" shots, is here to play with us today.

We have now completed day three of racing in the Melges 32 Worlds, our sixth straight day of sailing hard in Italy. Itís incredible how exhausting the racing is, how bruised we are from hiking hard, and how tricky the conditions have been. We have had generally beautiful days with warm air temperatures, between 70-80 degrees with all races being windward-leeward courses with 4 legs at lengths between 1.5 Ė 1.8 nautical miles. The venue has had a confused sea state as the easterly breeze has produced a large cross swell in addition to the local wind driven waves. Itís incredible how most days you can be going upwind next to a boat that is in different breeze, sailing a much higher or lower angle. Each day has started with fairly fresh breeze but the sea state has generally been stronger than the wind putting a premium on a powerful setup and focused helming to strategically drive through the waves. Itís been blowing out of the east with a fetch all the way to Rome.
Starts are tough in this fleet and our starts the first day were pretty poor so we spent most of the day trying to grind back throughout the entire race. We tended to make our biggest gains on the runs, gybing out away from everyone so we had clear air and the ability to control our own race. Team 93 and Bliksem seem to be going very fast, we ended the first day in 10th, with our two finishes of a consistent 10 Ė 10.

The second day happened to be our skipper Jasonís birthday. We were determined that it was going to be a good day to celebrate his birthday and it was. It was very breezy, wind speed between 15-22 knots with gusts to 25, constant hard rain, huge waves and shifty conditions. The key to the day was just being conservative, hiking hard and 100% focused on boat handling Ė no room for error. Boats were pretty out of control - we saw plenty of broaches and kites in the water. Nothing happened slowly. Team Argo tends to do very well in big breeze; we loved every minute of it. I think my team is getting sick of me yelling at them to hike harder though. Downwind was an awesome wild wet ride Ė the 32ís are so reactive; you can feel every move the driver makes through the water. We ended the race in sixth and were all pretty bummed when after the first race we saw that the racing was postponed until the following day.

One race for the day meant that the birthday celebrations would start that much earlier. We managed to surprise Jason with a birthday celebration on the piazza, right in the middle of the outside bar of the yacht club, complete with amazing snacks and a dock box full of ice and champagne. Audi even donated a keg of beer to the cause! Our inflatable friend Terrence McKnight made a guest appearance, causing plenty of laughter from the Italians who didnít know what to think of him-mind you itís tough to shock the Italians! Many of the teams showed for the party and Jason was plenty surprised with his international party drinking games and bonding among the teams competing. The night ended with a magnum full of Moet champagne, which we brought into the Clipper Bar, our favorite local watering hole.

Today, our third day was the longest yet. Since they only had one race yesterday we knew the race committee would be insistent on getting three races in and the conditions were perfect so we went out with plenty of Red Bull and fired up. The breeze started out around 10-15, with 2-3 foot waves. We have learned that the key to these races are the start so our goal today was to get off the line with clear air and follow our game plan. The first race was a huge bummer. We started horribly and tried to grind back, although with not much luck. Second race we had an awesome start and managed to get to all the marks in top 10. First windward mark of this race was tough because we saw our good friends on Bliksem (who had been right near us as we approached the mark) on port trying to find a hole on the starboard layline. They couldnít find a hole near us and instead decided to tack in with little room inside the boat behind us causing a small collision hitting the boat Red, forcing Bliksem to spin a circle immediately following the mark. Our finish that race ended up 6th. In the third race we had a good start and were between 8-12th place around the course Ė going well upwind but struggling downwind. They announced a change of course around the final weather mark and a shortened course, and we had a terrible leg to finish 16th Ė a huge disappointment. We now sit tied for 12th place but only 14 points from third place so the racing is still tight with four races to go. Tomorrow the forecast is calling for 15-20 and the race committee is planning for another three race day. No Clipper Bar for Team Argo tonight, the plan is to get to bed early in prep for another long day.

#2 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:02 AM

The importance of having the correct bikini-clad women aboard today just kept us ashore for the first race. Since there's three, no worries... In fact, better than we don't beat the crap out of ourselves all day. But wait'll you see this bikini on Kara, and one on Andromache, and even Mer?

#3 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:13 AM

Here's a treat:

#4 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:31 AM

We are ON STATION! And Blksem is winning the event!

#5 SimonS

SimonS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

Clean; that underwater video was great. Did Luigi explain why he thought you were in the way? It would be good lullaby music - sounded like whales...

#6 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:46 AM

Sorry, wrong there - Bliksem with a 2 point deficit to Team 93 after 93 throws out their 17 from the last race. Bliksem was back there too but somehow ground back to 4th, and Recchi stayed in the cellar. We are full up of hot chicks and food and beer and it is another beautiful day and another grueling wave state. Wind down to 12-14 out of the NNE. Setting up for Race 8 Now.

RESULTS: http://www.yccsresul...2_09/melg32.htm

#7 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:00 PM

It wasn't that he thought we were in the way Simon, it was just that I was technically inside the course and potentially a danger if I had to surface. But since I didn't die or fuck anyone's race up, I don't think he was really pissed at me - in fact he came and talked to me afterwards, and the truth is that he has been living his life long enough by the "better to beg for forgiveness than ask permission" credo to recognize it in someone else.

I was also careful to stay away from the anchor line except a couple times long before the boats got there when I grabbed the sentinel for a second to stabliize, but there was very little current down at 20', and I had the right amount of lead on my belt to balance out my wetsuit and blubber so I just chilled there.

Race 8 just saw it's second general recall in a row! And wait'll you see the deck candy we have here today.

By the way, our guest list for tonight is confirmed (I think). We are slated for 6 PM local, 5 PM GMT, though we may have to push it a bit like we did last time if they can't get the damn races off without a recall. Luigi had a comment about that too: "It's pretty much always my fault when that happens." Refreshing guy, I really do like him.

Tell your friends about tonight's live show. It's Owner's night:

Claudio Recchi (93)
Pieter Taselaar (Bliksem)
Vincenzo Onorato (Mascalzone)
Jason Carroll (Argo)
Stu Simpson (Barbarians)
Filippo Pacinotti (Brantolo)

There was almost no one out last night after ten - they are simply all destroyed - though we drank hard with Stuey and the Barbars. Stu has the "Fuzzy Tunnel" theory - and it's not what you think. He needed to get the kind of hangover where you have only the ability to see ahead of you due to the fuzzy tunnel effect on your vision. Thinking is too hard, looking around too hard - he thinks maybe that will get him to the middle of the fleet for a change. It's been a tough week for Stu.

Also, if you have any good questions for these guys, either put them here or send me a PM. Thanks all!

#8 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

Z flag is up. Vincenzo just came by to check out our crew, took his hat off and said, four feet from the girls, Buon Giorno!

#9 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

A clean start with Bliksem in the middle, 93 further to the right, and Opus One winning the boat shutting out Mataran. Wind up slightly to 14-15 and waves as big as ever. Banging to the top markwn

#10 wpbeardsley

wpbeardsley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:39 PM

Go the Argo!

#11 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:42 PM

Mascalzone and Hublot ducking about 15 boats - just no gaps at this mark!

Red
Teasing Machine
Pilot Italia
Mataran
Brontolo
Argo
Bagua
Uka Ukla
Barbarians
Rush Diletta
Highlife

#12 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

Course changed to the left at 040 degrees, plus reduction in course. Luigi will probably shorten all of 'em to 1.5 after the first gate from now on.

#13 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:56 PM

Bagua holding off all comers, Vasco Vascotto making the right calls upwind in some pretty shifty stuff. Roundings coming up!

#14 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:59 PM

My mistake: Bagua it wasn't.

Red
Pilot Italia
Tasing Machine
Mataran
Brantolo
Uka Uka
Calvi
Barbarians
Shakedown
Matrix
Joe Fly

13 to Bliksem

#15 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

Red still leads at the final mark, all three brit boats in the top ten, and I think Bliksem and 93 are sitting exactly tied for the lead if they finiwsh in this order. WHERE DID BLIKSEM COME FROM? These guys are just awesome...how great to have a US based team to cheer for!
Red
Uka
Teasign
Pilot Italia
Brantolo
Bliksem
Barbarians
Mataran
Highlife
Torpyone
Calvi
Joe Fly
Bagua
Fantisticaa.

#16 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

Clean (i should not say it I should not say it).... Go Bear!,

even see chuck holzman watching

#17 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

Argo protesting Torpyone
Torpyone protests Fantasticaaa and Black Mamba
Matrix acknowledging penalty turn done
Someone else retired

Bliksem is NOW LEADING THE REGATTA!

#18 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:34 PM

Finish order:

Red
Uka Uka
Brantolo
Teasing Machine
Bliksem
Pilot Italia
Joe Fly
Mataran
Torpyone
Highlife
Barbarians
Mascalzone
Calvi
Sei Tu
Fantasticaa
Matrix

And then we got blocked by about six press boats.

#19 660

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

Clean (i should not say it I should not say it).... Go Bear!,

even see chuck holzman watching

Bora so much for stealth mode. I didn't say anything during moth worlds and I'm staying quiet now. don't want to jinx anyone. I let you do the cheering.

#20 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:52 PM

settin' up for the start! Recchi just went by and shook his hands in frustration...but with a smile.

#21 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

update update update

#22 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

mascalzone on the left, everyone else on the right. Argo and Fantasticaa OCS

#23 mosailn

mosailn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Location:MI-CT, Toga NY, P'Tree ATL, Boca Grande FL and somewhere in b'tween

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

Clean, your video underwater is awesome! I wish you could get on the committee boat for a few starts...Its tough to tell from the video but the start lines look exceptionally long? Is that intentional? Awesome work ! Ciao !

#24 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:15 PM

Bliksem and 93 yelling at each other at the top mark, protest flags coming out, someone didn't give someone room, and they are glued together going downwind. It's getting to be match race time...

Joe Fly
Calvi
Torpyone!
Brantolo
Sei Tu
Matri
Bliksem
Uka Uka
Bitipi
Barbarians
Argo

#25 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

Results updated:

http://www.yccsresul...2_09/melg32.htm

#26 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:32 PM

And off they go. Bliksem and 93 split the gates, both fairly deep, in a wholly ugly rounding for most of the fleet - exept for Joe Fly, who is almost a minute ahead of the rest of 'em. Breeze moderating further. 12 knots. Opus One gets speared by Calvi when Calvi luffed sheets and crossed behind, but clipped Opus and spun her right around - great video, looked awesome in the viewfinder.

Joe Fly
Matrix (WoW)
BRantolo
Argo
Bliksem
Sei Tu
Uka Uka
Bitipi
Calvi
Bagua
Opus

#27 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

Bliksem tacked almost immediately after rounding the left mark to go and hunt down 93 - there will be no more "sail our own race" from here on in. There is the hunter and the hunted, and right now Jeremy Wilmot and Pieter Taselaar are holding the big guns. But it can all change in one leg...

#28 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:49 PM

goin' to the finish....this is going to be damned interesting. Brantolo into second behind Joe Fly with a huge lead, Fantasticaa moved up a shitload, and we couldn't see much more.

goin' to the finish....this is going to be damned interesting. Brantolo into second behind Joe Fly with a huge lead, Fantasticaa moved up a shitload, and we couldn't see much more.

#29 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:10 PM

Finishing in sloppy light air, down to seven knots or so...

And Bliksem puts the hammer down.

Joe Fly
BLIKSEM
Matrix
Sei Ti
Brantolo
Torpyone
Fantasticaaa
Mascalzone
Uka Uka
Bagua
HIghlife
Big Bang Hublot
Janas
Black Mamba
Red
Opus
Lea
Teasing Machine
Mataran
Barbarians

#30 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

Wow. Just wow.

#31 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Looks like Claudio is bagging our interview, maybe Vincenzo to. "I'm going to the sauna" said Giovanni - everyone hates these late days with 3 races. Everyone. But we've still got some great folks lined up to sit with us and chat. Promise.

#32 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:29 PM

That was pretty good, lots of great folks and comments. We are sitting around now to wait for the results of the 93 vs. Bliksem protest that is going on now. Fireworks? You bet. Whichever one gets chucked, the other one pretty much wins this regatta. some nailbiting here...

#33 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

Still waiting on word from the protest. We have the incident on video, but you can't really tell what happened from it.

#34 TPsailor

TPsailor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

Bliksem wins protest!!! Im getting drunk tonight !! No sailing tomm!!!

#35 Colin

Colin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

Yeah Bliksem! Congratulations guys!

#36 hotdogman

hotdogman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

Yeah Bliksem! Congratulations guys!

Please tell Bear and this will embarass the hell out of him but Hot Dog Man says a job well done. Terrific.I am really happy and excited for him. :rolleyes:

#37 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

Well there you have it. The NY-based boat with the Aussie and American crew comes into Claudio Recchi, Vincenzo Onorato, and Giovanni Maspero's house and takes home their brand new, giant silver cup. With one race to spare, they win on the water, they win in the protest room, and they are the first Melges 32 World Champs. Congrats, boys! You'll get to see the contact that clinched the victory for them after a long and hard-fought protest whenever it loads with the other 3 GB of shit that's loading, and we're going to dinner.

Crew of Bliksem:

Pieter Taselaar, owner/driver
Jeremy Wilmot, tactics
Paul Atkins , pit
Michael Coxon, float
Alex Clegg, mast
Nathan Wilmot, main
Williem Van Waay, spin
George Peet, bow

#38 bgulari

bgulari

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:37 PM

Jinx my butt!

#39 Phil

Phil

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,027 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

Well done to Blixem and especially the team of Aussies.
Nath, Jem, their cousin Paul and Cocko.

#40 Teaky

Teaky

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, family, renovating my house, all aspects of media and advertising.

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

Word.

#41 easyrider

easyrider

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:43 AM

Well there you have it. The NY-based boat with the Aussie and American crew comes into Claudio Recchi, Vincenzo Onorato, and Giovanni Maspero's house and takes home their brand new, giant silver cup. With one race to spare, they win on the water, they win in the protest room, and they are the first Melges 32 World Champs. Congrats, boys! You'll get to see the contact that clinched the victory for them after a long and hard-fought protest whenever it loads with the other 3 GB of shit that's loading, and we're going to dinner.

Crew of Bliksem:

Pieter Taselaar, owner/driver
Jeremy Wilmot, tactics
Paul Atkins , pit
Michael Coxon, float
Alex Clegg, mast
Nathan Wilmot, main
Williem Van Waay, spin
George Peet, bow

CLEAN,

I'm a big fan of your OTW Anarchy coverage. But 2 days in a row with no video during or even after the races? Seems like you might have become more of fan than anarchist reporter. Even promised bikinis and tail but never delivered. WTF??

Throw down some vid now! ;)

#42 Mel

Mel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:20 AM

Well done to Blixem and especially the team of Aussies.
Nath, Jem, their cousin Paul and Cocko.

Great effort guys! Congrats!

#43 the pale one

the pale one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:47 AM

signed up to congratulate "bliksem"
un-be-lievable... how you guys pulled that off....

followed the action over the the last four four days,
great coverage, liked the underwater vid,

clean, you can envy the pro-sailors but I don't think you have a bad job yourself..

keep up the good work...

#44 Jib Man

Jib Man

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:15 AM

2 days in a row with no video during or even after the races? Seems like you might have become more of fan than anarchist reporter. Even promised bikinis and tail but never delivered. WTF??

Throw down some vid now! ;)

The slide shows and underwater vid more than make up for the lack of day 4 vids. It's too bad there's no timely pics of the bikini crew though.

Day 3 vids are in the day 3 thread, post #43: http://forums.sailin...showtopic=96627

Congrats to Bliksem. Pretty amazing to beat the Italian teams on their home court. Even if a protest was involved, Bliksem's ability to climb their way back from deep in the pack to second place in race 8 while Team 93 wasn't able to keep up tells the story more than any incident at the mark rounding. It's hard to believe that Taselaar is the same guy who bailed on the Melges 20 Nationals awards ceremony and pissed on his competitors' Wheaties. Hats off for a great win in this event, but I still don't understand the dissing of the team who won the M20 event.

I'd be glad to hear more about what the Bliksem team were doing differently. Did they have a boat-for-boat speed advantage, better crew work, better tactics or better wave technique? If the Italians have an edge in the Melges 24 thanks to more events, more competition and more time on the boat, will they eventually dominate the 32 fleet as well?

Anyone know why Star didn't show for this event?

Great coverage Clean and Mer. Your new slideshows are outstanding. One thing I didn't figure out though is how to stop the music in the slideshow player after it runs through once. It's stuck in an endless loop on my computer and I can't find any "stop" button on the player interface. I really like how the slideshow starts automatically when it appears on the screen, but there should be a way to stop playback? The quality of your pics has improved with each event. If I had a dog in this race, I would buy some photos to support your excellent work.

#45 Jambalaya

Jambalaya

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:17 AM

Congratulations to Bliksem - they pulled back from a dire sounding situation and then really pressed that advantage home. They also won on a major "away trip" doing warm up events in Italy as well.

Coverage was excellent, at a new level. Watching the mark roundings shows how close the racing is, much better than a press release (which is always going to be upbeat. Also interesting to see how large the winning margin was in some races.

#46 MER

MER

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:17 AM

DAY FOUR SLIDESHOW
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#47 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:50 AM

Finally, here is Cocktail Hour with some of the excellent owners of the M32 Class. Jean Francois Cruette, world champ Pieter Taselaar, Euro Class Pres Filippo Pacinotti, Stu Simpson, Eduardo Savillo, and Jason Carroll. A great group of guys, some candid talk, and a hell of a cool event.

Part 1 of 3:

Watch live video from onthewateranarchy on Justin.tv

Part 2 of 3:

Part 3 of 3:

#48 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:27 AM

Jesus Christ you'd think Rome would at least have decent bandwidth, but no such luck. Day 5 still loading through the night, it's 0623 and I've not slept yet, but finally here is Day 4 video, including the incident that cost 93 the regatta as well as a great crash at the bottom mark between Calvi and I think Red that sent Red from 2nd to 20th. No idea what Calvi were thinking.

The vids start at the Race 8 top mark for various reasons. I missed race 7 because I had Mer and Kara in my little bed and I just didn't want to leave it, and missed the start of race 8 because there was salt water on my mac and it was doing some odd things, including shocking me everytime I touched it. Anyway...

You can meet Kara if you watch this video. It's worth it.

Final WW Mark:

Race 8 Finish:

Race 9 Start:

#49 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:29 AM

Here's the Team 93/Bliksem Crash:

And the Calvi/Red Crash:

The final top mark:

And the finish of Race 9.

#50 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,333 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:48 AM

Shaky post-race vid with crazy Lancarlo from Fantasticaaa. Very fun and generous dude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users