Jump to content



Good news!  I just received PCBs back from the fab house and all parts fit.  This simply means I know how to be very detail-oriented with a pair of calipers and my CAD software.  I mentioned in a previous post that mounting all of the modules to a single PCB was easier and more electrically sound than using a "base plate and flying wire" approach.  The PCBs are back and everything fits mechanically. 

As you can see from the photo, I have added 0805 inline footprints on every trace.  The idea here is that if the trace is correct, I install a zero-ohm resistor and carry on.  If a trace ends up being incorrectly connected (because of a design or fab error) there is no need to break out the razor blade and cut PCB traces, just wire up some jumpers to the 0805 pads and connect correctly.  Hopefully everything goes smoothly....

Electrical checkouts have gone well and no issues with power or ground planes were found.  I have started soldering parts to the PCB and am about half way done with the full assembly.  The next step is to run software with all modules integrated into the PCB and running on battery power (as opposed to power supply or USB power).  The integrated PCB will look like a stack up of boards, so I plan on referring to it as "the stack."  I'm looking forward to seeing all these modules work and play together!

First flight could happen this spring!



  • Like 1


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...