I almost turned a laser into a beachball by pressurizing it using a vacuum cleaner. I was totally unprepared for how destructive that little test was.
I hope to make it, but it won't be easy. Some parts have to be finished before I hit the road - like the roof rack, rudder cassette and tiller extension. Meanwhile, another batch of questions:
1. If anyone with a stock Kinder jib could measure the batten lengths, that would be really helpful. Somehow I have misplaced my jib battens, but not my main battens.
2. I have not one, but two, 1/4" drain holes. Easy to install, cheap and I have 100 spare plugs for $5. I tried to leak check my hull yesterday using vacuum pressure and sudsy water. I thought I was in my element from lots of experience finding leaks in bike tires. Anyway, the only leak I found was the unpressurized drain hole. It produced a solid bubble but it is a gaping hole. Has anyone else with small drain holes successfully leak checked?
3. Any tips for rolltipping a garage paint job? I have all the Awlgrip products and the Awlgrip directions.
4. Should I use foam non-skid on the outside of the gunwhales or salt in the paint? I have foam, and lots of it, on the dance floor. Padding seems like a good idea.
5. Do I put limber holes in my carriage rails?
6. I broke a tap after the deck went on and the tip rattles around in the hull. I guess I need to drill a hole and pull it out with a magnet on a string. Any better ideas?