Ok, who pissed off their girlfriend today?...

El Mariachi

Hey bitch, was it something I said?.... :P

December 13, 2009 3:16 PM

Police: Boat fire follows couple's quarrel

BY CINDY CARCAMO

THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

boatfire2.jpg

boatfire1.jpg

LIDO ISLE Before it was over, what started out as a domestic squabble turned into a boat fire, Newport Beach police said.

At about 2 p.m. police responded to a call about disturbing the peace, involving a fight between a boyfriend and girlfriend, police Sgt. Steve Burdette said.

Article Tab : A boat is engulfed in flames at 29 Channel Road slip 407 on Lido Isle Sunday.

A boat is engulfed in flames at 29 Channel Road slip 407 on Lido Isle Sunday.

\

Shortly after, police contacted the boyfriend who told officials he'd argued with his girlfriend, officials said.

"And the next thing you know his boat is on fire," Burdette recounted.

Most of the information is preliminary and the investigation is ongoing, Burdette said.

"We don't know if it's arson or accidental at this point in time," he said. "We're still trying to get all the pieces of the puzzle."

Nobody was hurt in the fire, Burdette said.

(don't forget to check out the comments---here---> http://www.ocregister.com/news/police-2239...dette-fire.html

Boat involved looks like a Catalina 30, the inboard is running. Even though I don't doubt that this could have been caused by a domestic squabble ("I'm cheating on you" - "Fine, I'm setting your boat on fire") maybe there was an issue with the motor?

Is that water exhaust? And if so, didn't a lotta older Catalinas come with Atomic Bomb 4's?.........

Boat involved looks like a Catalina 30, the inboard is running. Even though I don't doubt that this could have been caused by a domestic squabble ("I'm cheating on you" - "Fine, I'm setting your boat on fire") maybe there was an issue with the motor?

Is that water exhaust? And if so, didn't a lotta older Catalinas come with Atomic Bomb 4's?.........

it could just as easily be the bilge if we're looking from the wrong angle. I have a catalina 27 with an atomic bomb haha no explosion yet!

Didn't someone here at one time say that orange was faster?..........

Your thread will go down in flames, if these comments keep up.

So you're firing me?........

Amazing nobody has frantically tossed off the mooring lines to get that boat out of the slip.

Where is the next series of photos??

or were these Photoshopped to begin with??

Note...A couple years back, The Oklahoma City Boat Club has a boat fire like this one during a light air shore day during the J-22 NA Champs. Idiots sat on the porch of the clubhouse watching as the smoke covered them...Nobody was hospitalized but there a=was .Lottsa coughing by those mildly poisoned participants for the rest of the regatta.

Also, the guys from Minnesota Fleet one guys who were already pimping the next year's event wearing their "It's not that far" t shirts had the temerity to assemble on teh stage during the trophy presentation and bow to the Hosts saying, "You guys go all out and will be a tough act to follow. We can't promise anything as entertaining as torching a boat."

This thing's gonna need some extra buffing pads..........

At least the front didn't fall off.

But it's dick did. Mast go da bye-bye........

Cardboard's out....

It is bigger than the 30 which is next to it. I think a 36 and the bilge is on auto so I am guessing there is a leak right about now and the bilge is pumping away until the wiring burns up.

watched a boat burn years ago in East Greenwich RI where I was living at the time. Boat was out on a mooring. They just kept puming water on it till it was more sunk than burnt. Then they pulled it over to the boat ramp, let it finish sinking and left it. Next day it was totally stripped. What amazed me was there a really nice Avon or the like on the bow and in the early stages of the fire (when there were firemen aboard) no one removed the thing. It was blocking the forward hatch and I would have tought that if they could have opened the hatch and used fire extinguishers from both side of the fire it would have been a done deal. Then again I'm no fire fighter.

watched a boat burn years ago in East Greenwich RI where I was living at the time. Boat was out on a mooring. They just kept puming water on it till it was more sunk than burnt. Then they pulled it over to the boat ramp, let it finish sinking and left it. Next day it was totally stripped. What amazed me was there a really nice Avon or the like on the bow and in the early stages of the fire (when there were firemen aboard) no one removed the thing. It was blocking the forward hatch and I would have tought that if they could have opened the hatch and used fire extinguishers from both side of the fire it would have been a done deal. Then again I'm no fire fighter.

We were in Chula Vista marina years ago when an old 38 footish woody caught on fire a couple of docks over. I was about the 7th person to run over there, a couple of folks had managed to get the ancient mariner off his boat (he was pushing 75, at least). So the interior is blazing away, we busted the glass for the fire hose and other people are yelling for the friggen dockmaster. The fire hose didn't have much pressure, the fire department had to wait for a key to the driveway gate and the old guy is mumbling to himself about fuk-knows-what. Fire is going good by now, flames are popping some port lights and entering the cockpit. F/D finally gets down to the boat with their toys, when suddenly the old man says he's got some propane bottles aboard. 'How many?' the fire man asks. ''Hmmm, probably at least 15 or so, but they're mostly empty and up towards the V-berth'.

I have never seen 25 people run backwards that f'ng fast before in my life............B)

It is bigger than the 30 which is next to it. I think a 36 and the bilge is on auto so I am guessing there is a leak right about now and the bilge is pumping away until the wiring burns up.

Ok, I liked th girlfriend story better anyways

Where did the mast go and how did they get r down?? I am assuming by the damage to the stantions that that is it on the starboard side, kind of looks like it is btwn the docks at the firefighters feat in the 1 pic. Did it take anyone out on the way down??

Ok, I liked th girlfriend story better anyways

Definitely a 30 - I have a 36 and the transom is totally different. I don't think many wife/gf's set Catalina's on fire, usually they had to work pretty hard to get one instead of something with style in the first place. I would know.

my practice marriage wife would have done the same thing! The smartest move I made was keeping my boat on a mooring ball on a air force base in Hawaii. She could'nt swim...

Owns his own boat, happily retired, and still alive.

I call that a f'ng win Chief.........B)

I hope they tow it beyond the environment.

Huh? What do you suggest? a NASA Launch into space?

no just move it to another environment....

no no no It's been towed beyond the environment

...but whats outside beyond the enviroment??

Nothing's out there!

out where...it's not there!

Nothing's out there!

All there is is sea, and birds, and fish

and?

and 20,000 tons of crude oil

and what else?

and a fire

and anything else?

and the part of the ship that the front fell off, but there's nothing else out there, it's a complete void

Nothing's out there!

it's a complete void

Void-Ho!

WHO PISSED OFF THEIR GIRLFRIEND??

Your attempt at politically correct abuse of the English language is totally un Booth.

You probably meant his. You damn sure didn't mean to ask us, "What group of people pissed off their girlfriend?".

The only people who would have been offended by the proper use of "his" as the posessive pronoun are lesbians who want you to know, "It could be a lesbian who burned her girlfriend's boat."

You don't even know if they are hot.

When did you become generally sensitive to feelings of pyromaniac lesbians??

OK this is degrading into typical SA debauchery. Serriously, what did they do with the mast??

picture 2 post #23

and from Steven Wright:

My girlfriend asked me, "If you could know exactly when and how you will die, would you want to know?"

I said, "No, I don't think so."

She said, "OK, never mind then."

OK this is degrading into typical SA debauchery. Serriously, what did they do with the mast??

picture 2 post #23

and from Steven Wright:

My girlfriend asked me, "If you could know exactly when and how you will die, would you want to know?"

I said, "No, I don't think so."

She said, "OK, never mind then."

I got that, see my post above, but my question is how did it get there? Did it fall? Was it cool when it did?? did it take anyone (human or boat) out?? Inquiring minds and all that.

Motors running My guess is HE was LEAVING! :lol:

The slip or the girlfriend?

he was giving the girlfriend the slip?

Gawd, you're going to comedy hell for that one..........B)

Hah! - the arresting officer's last name is 'Sailor....." get it? see what I did there...ok just making sure.

Gentlemen,

Please,

allow me...

post-7006-1260923576.jpg

And then show us yor tits or your GF/wife's...

The North Pacific Gyre...

post-7006-1260923852_thumb.jpg

Woudl that be a preferred environment?

Maybe we can have it towed there!

The North Pacific Gyre...

post-7006-1260923852_thumb.jpg

Woudl that be a preferred environment?

Maybe we can have it towed there!

Psst, Prouda... "

"

Maybe she did all of us a favor...looks like a POS Catalina! Maybe she'll date a Hunter owner next!

Our Texan and East Coast sailors love those boats! One the other hand, if the guy had good insurance, he can upgrade to a faster man boat, as well as gf! She's in the can I heard so she's definitely out of commission!

Archived