Well, well, well.....

flaps15

If it comes to fruition, the arguments from center right of our country are incrementally stepping over loony-lefty-Alinsky ideology. I'll be sleeping better. Actually... have been since Massachusetts.

So, following the rule of law is now 'loony-lefty-Alinsky ideology'?

Holy smokes, how soon until even thinking about disagreeing with Republican party dogma gets one shipped to Gitmo?

So, following the rule of law is now 'loony-lefty-Alinsky ideology'?

Holy smokes, how soon until even thinking about disagreeing with Republican party dogma gets one shipped to Gitmo?

Oh chuckie. Where is this change a contradiction of the rule of law? This is about public anger, expense in a recession and security in the most populace city in the nation, among other things. In short, Common Sense. Move it to Governor's Island, Death Valley, back to Gitmo, who cares? There was/is no viable reason to hold these trials in downtown Manhattan.

Where was the Pragmatism, not so much in this case eh?

I always wondered how they would fill a jury pool - I mean where do you get the peers for a confessed terrorist and his buddies in the city that they attacked. :rolleyes:

I always wondered how they would fill a jury pool - I mean where do you get the peers for a confessed terrorist and his buddies in the city that they attacked. :rolleyes:

The Jersey Shore.

Perhaps an ad on craig's list wanted "Citizens who hate America"

The Jersey Shore.

How much cough medicine do you need to swig before you start thinking that jury trials are un-American?

Ben

The Jersey Shore.

How much cough medicine do you need to swig before you start thinking that jury trials are un-American?

Ben

Why would you jump to that conclusion?

I'm simply pointing out options to fill the Jury Pool with the terrorist's peers. It was an attempt at humor sorry you missed that.

Guest One of Five

The Jersey Shore.

Clearly not the Blessed Realm.

Guest One of Five

The Jersey Shore.

Ben

are we taking up a collection kiddo?

The Jersey Shore.

Ben

I'm simply pointing out options to fill the Jury Pool with the terrorist's peers. It was an attempt at humor sorry you missed that.

If that's what "peer" means in this context, then I am surprised that enough rapists could be located to make up a jury for an accused rapist.

Ben

The Jersey Shore.

Ben

If that's what "peer" means in this context, then I am surprised that enough rapists could be located to make up a jury for an accused rapist.

Ben

You are smarter than that - It is not that peers are made up of people that committed the same crime, only that they share a simalar environment. Which is why I suggested the hate America line - after all that is what drove them to plan 911

The Jersey Shore.

Ben

Ben

You are smarter than that - It is not that peers are made up of people that committed the same crime, only that they share a simalar environment. Which is why I suggested the hate America line - after all that is what drove them to plan 911

My mistake here was not going by your own personal definition of the term. Sorry.

Ben

The Jersey Shore.

Ben

Ben

You mean like our founding fathers, who were invaded and occupied by the British Army and their mercenary contractors?

The Jersey Shore.

Ben

Ben

You mean like our founding fathers, who were invaded and occupied by the British Army and their mercenary contractors?

PEERS:

1. a person of the same legal status: a jury of one's peers.

2. a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status.

3. something of equal worth or quality: a sky-scraper without peer.

4. a nobleman.

5. a member of any of the five degrees of the nobility in Great Britain and Ireland (duke, marquis, earl, viscount, and baron).

6. Archaic. a companion.

The Jersey Shore.

Ben

Ben

PEERS:

2. a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status.

4. a nobleman.

5. a member of any of the five degrees of the nobility in Great Britain and Ireland (duke, marquis, earl, viscount, and baron).

6. Archaic. a companion.

You're close. Now look up #1.

Ben

The Jersey Shore.

Ben

Ben

PEERS:

4. a nobleman.

6. Archaic. a companion.

You're close. Now look up #1.

Ben

Actually I was using 2 sorry I'll rethink that JOKE

The Jersey Shore.

Clearly not the Blessed Realm.

Alas, some of them are from LI - mid-Island of course, but still ....

I read that Schumer is backing the move, must be an election year.

The jury should be selected on the basis of what

we already know him guilty of. Trials are mere formalites.

If the state deems someone a terrorist, they are

a terrorist and should only be tried by their "peers"

It all makes perfect sense.

Only took two bottles of Nyquil PM.

The jury should be selected on the basis of what

we already know him guilty of. Trials are mere formalites.

If the state deems someone a terrorist, they are

a terrorist and should only be tried by their "peers"

It all makes perfect sense.

Only took two bottles of Nyquil PM.

I never thought I would get my answer, what with TMSAIL changing the subject.

2 bottles. Thanks!

Ben

In this case, he actually raised a good point. That's a rare event, I agree... but fact is, the MC's have a piss-poor track record of actually convicting people, compared to the civilian courts.

It's that they are going for the death penalty that

prompts the higher court. The Tribunals are going

to sort out the lesser stuff.

Taking it to Gitmo? Expect the judge and jury

to live there?

The plans I saw on the tube to secure the courthouse

are ridiculous. Sealing off 10 square blocks,

multiple rings of security where everyone is

searched in that massive area. Does somebody

think they are sending an army or something?

Because we are going to try them? Like they

think torturing them is OK but trying them

is an outrage?

It's just nuts. I would call it pussified

if I didn't think is was all really about being

able to claim a need for a 1/4 billion dollars.

jokes....if you have to explain, you are losing.

It's that they are going for the death penalty that

prompts the higher court. The Tribunals are going

to sort out the lesser stuff.

Taking it to Gitmo? Expect the judge and jury

to live there?

The plans I saw on the tube to secure the courthouse

are ridiculous. Sealing off 10 square blocks,

multiple rings of security where everyone is

searched in that massive area. Does somebody

think they are sending an army or something?

Because we are going to try them? Like they

think torturing them is OK but trying them

is an outrage?

It's just nuts. I would call it pussified

if I didn't think is was all really about being

able to claim a need for a 1/4 billion dollars.

+1

Regressives and some NYC residents like McCabe are big pussies. Fortunately more courageous citizens and communities in NY are offering to step up to the plate

You guys really have no sense of humor, sad really.

Yeah, they do. It's zen humour and only d people have it. All other attempts at humour are to be derided forthwith.

Version I read, it was the RE brokers who put a kibosh on holding the trial in lower Manhattan. Shows you where the real power in this town is...

So far, I haven't seen anything saying it's definitely

off. Only that it is being reconsidered.

You guys really have no sense of humor, sad really.

Yeah, they do. It's zen humour and only d people have it. All other attempts at humour are to be derided forthwith.

Who the fuck are "d people"?

At first I thought you meant Democrats, but then knew that could not be it since it makes no fucking sense at all.

But, that being said, maybe that IS what you meant.

Ben

Archived