This is fun, almost worth buying a tv for

flaps15

There really isn't anyone who sells the left narratives of villification and uses Alinsky like tactics of trivialization and redicule as much as Stewart .

Always an interesting paradox .

Power mongers and corrupt leaders since human history begane rely on devises of villification of others . Their goal is to create and if possible exagerate crisis then claim THEY only can solve all your problems ---{and now claim they can provide for you cradle to grave as they run up trillions more debt } .

The corrupted political faction in power and left certainly deserves a dose of some of its own Alinsky medicine .

There really isn't anyone who sells the left narratives of villification and uses Alinsky like tactics of trivialization and redicule as much as Stewart .

Always an interesting paradox .

Power mongers and corrupt leaders since human history begane rely on devises of villification of others . Their goal is to create and if possible exagerate crisis then claim THEY only can solve all your problems ---{and now claim they can provide for you cradle to grave as they run up trillions more debt } . Sounds like you are talking about Bush here.

The corrupted political faction in power and left certainly deserves a dose of some of its own Alinsky medicine .

What the fuck meds are you skipping this week?

We are talking about JOHN Stewart right? The guy on Comedy Central? The satirist that pokes fun at the absurd? He's just the modern version of Johnny Carson. From Saul Alinsky to John Stewart is a pretty dang big stretch. Hell, Cobert is WAY WAY more of an activist than Stewart EVER will be.

You actually need to WATCH John Stewart before calling him out as the megaphone of the left. He is equal opportunity -- he just had 8 years of good material from the Bush Admin. But he equally attacks MSNBC for their bullshit, and makes huge targets of the current VP, Al Gore, and John Kerry. And even the Wall St Journal commented last week that he has been harsh on this administration. He has had John McCain, Huckabee and many many other conservatives on his show and treated them with the utmost respect and decency. Yes he has asked them hard questions -- but let them speak and they continue to come back time and time again.

That said I won't deny that he champions a number of issues associated with the left -- Gay Marriage, Gays in the military, etc. But, arguably you could say those are Founding Father and Constitutional issuses related to "all men are created equal" -- that have been borrowed by religious groups and therefore been turned into conservative vs. liberal issues. Barry Goldwater is rolling in his grave that Gay Marriage is at the top of the Republican agenda instead of spending.

Last night Stewarts real message was that FOX is taking legitimate issues that the current administration is having and overblowing them into "panic" -- which serves no purpose if we are actually trying to solve the problems. More importantly, its kinda obvious that OReilly and Stewart don't agree at all -- but actually respect each other a fair bit.

I like watching John and Colbert.... too conservative for Air America.

EDIT: How kick ass would it be for Stewart to follow up this interview with lil O'reilly. :lol:

you could say those are Founding Father and Constitutional issuses related to "all men are created equal" -- that have been borrowed by religious groups and therefore been turned into conservative vs. liberal issues. Barry Goldwater is rolling in his grave that Gay Marriage is at the top of the Republican agenda instead of spending.

Last night Stewarts real message was that FOX is taking legitimate issues that the current administration is having and overblowing them into "panic" -- which serves no purpose if we are actually trying to solve the problems.

Bingo.

EDIT: How kick ass would it be for Stewart to follow up this interview with lil O'reilly. :lol:

I was under the impression that O'Reilly has been on the Stewart show and this was a form of reciprocity?

I was under the impression that O'Reilly has been on the Stewart show and this was a form of reciprocity?

lil O'reilly.

lil O'reilly.

Oops, my bad. I'm not terribly up on Pop Culture. Very funny though.

Archived