Pressure-Drop

cheapshacht

Looks like a lot of Anarchists have moved to Pressure-Drop (http://pressure-drop.us). What gives? It doesn't seem like the site offers more than what we get here on SA.

cheap

"A lot" is relative...the forum lists 107 members.

and I know for a fact that two of those won't go there again

It sucks

Looks like a lot of Anarchists have moved to Pressure-Drop (http://pressure-drop.us). What gives? It doesn't seem like the site offers more than what we get here on SA.

cheap

Offering more than we get here,like what.I think most come here for the forums,pressure drop has just over 100 members and the last time I checked there were 20 users online,2 members and 18 guests.

Have to see how it develops. It had the feel of the early days around here but is definitely experiencing some growing pains. I wish them luck.

I did notice it scooped a few stories about 24 hours before they made the front page here.

what front page?

Most of the time the front page doesn't get updated when a story breaks, it usually gets updated at night.

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Proceed...' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Pressure Drop will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Pressure Drop, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Pressure Drop reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

I did notice it scooped a few stories about 24 hours before they made the front page here.

News is generally posted in the forums here minutes after occurring, if you're really on top of everything, you never go to the front page. Haven't been there in years (and I'm not even on top of anything.)

Besides, front page stories mostly only are just the ED or Clean's views, not real news.

you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.The owners of Pressure Drop reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

Uh oh.

FIELD TRIP?!!!

News is generally posted in the forums here minutes after occurring, if you're really on top of everything, you never go to the front page. Haven't been there in years (and I'm not even on top of anything.)

Besides, front page stories mostly only are just the ED or Clean's views, not real news.

you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.The owners of Pressure Drop reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

Uh oh.

FIELD TRIP?!!!

Good idea, Tusday usetro be feild tripday. Shell we?

I signed up and made about 5 posts before it became very apparent that the site wasn't going anywhere fast. Without anything worthy of reading the pogen, photoboy, solo, AG circlejerk became too much for me to handle.

What a dickhead, you have NO IDEA of what Sailing Anarchy was like before it was neutered.

Why not give someone credit for offering an alternitive to this place?

I signed up and made about 5 posts before it became very apparent that the site wasn't going anywhere fast. Without anything worthy of reading the pogen, photoboy, solo, AG circlejerk became too much for me to handle.

What a dickhead, you have NO IDEA of what Sailing Anarchy was like before it was neutered.

Make that a pogen, photoboy, solo, AG, AND hobot circlejerk.

I know that this place was different a while ago and that the current iteration of Pressure Drop has some similarities to that. Even when taking that account I would rather spend my time here for a number of reasons.

Make that a pogen, photoboy, solo, AG, AND hobot circlejerk.

I know that this place was different a while ago and that the current iteration of Pressure Drop has some similarities to that. Even when taking that account I would rather spend my time here for a number of reasons.

Great! glad you like it here....just be sure to keep the water wings on and stay at the shallow end of the pool.

Famous and good looking!

post-17756-127044318207_thumb.jpg

PS I think at one point the ED was telling someone they better dare not pimp some other site on HIS site etc etc etc, so let me assure all readers that they should not go there, it is a complete wank-fest and waste of time, and so forth.

Uh oh.

FIELD TRIP?!!!

It's almost Tuesday.

Uh oh.

FIELD TRIP?!!!

That could be a lot of funny.

Will you be attending as Snaggy?

Given how much credit you give me for the alleged pussification of SA, Pressure Drop's fate is pretty much sealed with my recent registration.

Any minute now I'm going to go start a couple of threads on crimping coax cable for VHF installations and revive my LPG installation topic.

Given how much credit you give me for the alleged pussification of SA, Pressure Drop's fate is pretty much sealed with my recent registration.

Any minute now I'm going to go start a couple of threads on crimping coax cable for VHF installations and revive my LPG installation topic.

And don't forget your deck recaulking...

Cheers,

MikeR

And don't forget your deck recaulking...

Cheers,

MikeR

How could I forget that nightmare...kept all three of my blog readers on the edge of their seats for months with that.

I have to give credit where credit is due BJ.

And for the record, not you in particular, but rather your support of the requirement of having to register to post. I rather enjoyed anyone, registered or not, being able to jump into the fray spontaneously. I further enjoyed trying to figure out who it was that was flying off the reservation anonymously....added greatly to the shits and giggle factor. I get that you all have this notion that screen names represent real and identifiable people, it's a fallacy of course as readily demonstrated by the proliferation of sockpuppies post the registration requirement. That said however, sockpuppies take on their own personality, or at least try to. Without the registration requirement, you got a host of commentary from across the spectrum without restraint. That made the early days most special. Ah unintended consequences. Not only did registration limit free expression, but it resulted in absurd nonsense under the banner of responsible citizenship making a mockery of the entire concept.....but that's anarchy for ya!

You really think so?

I have to give credit where credit is due BJ.

And for the record, not you in particular, but rather your support of the requirement of having to register to post. I rather enjoyed anyone, registered or not, being able to jump into the fray spontaneously. I further enjoyed trying to figure out who it was that was flying off the reservation anonymously....added greatly to the shits and giggle factor. I get that you all have this notion that screen names represent real and identifiable people, it's a fallacy of course as readily demonstrated by the proliferation of sockpuppies post the registration requirement. That said however, sockpuppies take on their own personality, or at least try to. Without the registration requirement, you got a host of commentary from across the spectrum without restraint. That made the early days most special. Ah unintended consequences. Not only did registration limit free expression, but it resulted in absurd nonsense under the banner of responsible citizenship making a mockery of the entire concept.....but that's anarchy for ya!

You really think so?

Afte rallthat typeing, Im'thinking yes he dose.

I have to tell you, I've been over on that site reading the Forums once in awhile. It's mostly SAer's who get bored here and go over there. It's about as lame as J/Anarchy.

Which is the best J-Boat?

I have to tell you, I've been over on that site reading the Forums once in awhile. It's mostly SAer's who get bored here and go over there. It's about as lame as J/Anarchy.

Which is the best J-Boat?

one that you haven't sailed :lol:

Content will come in time...at least their implementation of vbulletin is fast and useable on a slow computer. The implementation ip.board here is a disaster. Google groups, yahoo groups, most other forums..all fast. This one..vveerrrrry slow. :(

Content will come in time...at least their implementation of vbulletin is fast and useable on a slow computer. The implementation ip.board here is a disaster. Google groups, yahoo groups, most other forums..all fast. This one..vveerrrrry slow. :(

If you have problems with this site loading, you might want to upgrade off of your Apple II

I may have to retract my statement...at least this site loads on a slow puter. PD seemed to be offline the last couple times I went there.

hey, the Apple II was a cool computer. :lol:

If you have problems with this site loading, you might want to upgrade off of your Apple II

Uh oh.

FIELD TRIP?!!!

IM" in!

Famous and good looking!

post-17756-127044318207_thumb.jpg

PS I think at one point the ED was telling someone they better dare not pimp some other site on HIS site etc etc etc, so let me assure all readers that they should not go there, it is a complete wank-fest and waste of time, and so forth.

I know the Russian - (Bay Area?) But who are those other guys?

Archived