Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jono

Anyone got a heads up to the Volvo safety spec?

So I must be blind or something.

Anyone got a clause number or Appendix for the safety spec?

I'm chasing it from other sources but it would be nice to see it onthe web page myself. Just me or do others find the rule and amendment downloads unfriendly?

Any help appreciated

Jono

What safety specs are you looking for, scantlings and hardware, or personal safety?

Safety equipment for boat and person. Everything from Liferaft requirements to MOB systems, to flare quantities to first aid.

At a guess it is ISAF Cat 0 with a heap of SOLAS A thrown in, but there are bound to be prescriptive requirements to standardise the fleet.

We have Safety at Sea in NZ, and we've got a boat building here later in the year. I'm trying to get ahead of the game. We represent Ocean Safety in NZ and I'm awaiting their info too but they are 12 hours behind.

Jono

Safety equipment for boat and person. Everything from Liferaft requirements to MOB systems, to flare quantities to first aid.

At a guess it is ISAF Cat 0 with a heap of SOLAS A thrown in, but there are bound to be prescriptive requirements to standardise the fleet.

We have Safety at Sea in NZ, and we've got a boat building here later in the year. I'm trying to get ahead of the game. We represent Ocean Safety in NZ and I'm awaiting their info too but they are 12 hours behind.

Jono

That falls out of the scope of the NOR or Class Rule. Cat 0 requirements is a good place to start

i heard that forestay foils are banned and it was either hanks or a continuous furling drum thing similar to the IMOCA's and the multi's

Jono

That falls out of the scope of the NOR or Class Rule. Cat 0 requirements is a good place to start

In general you will find stuff relating to the boat itself (scantlings, Lifelines etc) in the class rule, and stuff that is carried onboard in the NOR Appendix B.