Some how, Mr. President?

flaps15

"Somehow people say, why are you doing that, I'm not sure that's good politics. I'm doing it because I said I was going to do it and I think it's the right thing to do. People should learn that lesson about me because next year when I start presenting some very difficult choices to the country, I hope some of these folks who are hollering about deficits and debt step-up because I'm calling their bluff. We'll see how much of that, how much of the political arguments that they're making right now are real and how much of it was just politics." -Barack Obama, G20 Summit, Toronto 2010

Please call our bluff, Mr. President. I beg you.

Real Clear Politics

Never in the outrageous history of documentation of outrageous outrages that filled us with outrageous levels of outrage, has there been an outrageous outrage more outrageous than this outrageous outrage. This leaves me so outrageously outraged that I find it outrageously difficult to quantify my outrage at this outrageously outrageous outrage. How dare someone say that they are going to make cuts! Where's the outrage!

holy crap. every time this guy opens his mouth he gets closer and closer to a single-term presidency...it's simply amazing....

President Barack O'Carter.

Got a nice ring to it, huh?........ :P

Never in the outrageous history of documentation of outrageous outrages that filled us with outrageous levels of outrage, has there been an outrageous outrage more outrageous than this outrageous outrage. This leaves me so outrageously outraged that I find it outrageously difficult to quantify my outrage at this outrageously outrageous outrage. How dare someone say that they are going to make cuts! Where's the outrage!

dude, better be careful, that much outrageous outrage is not just healthy.....

on a more serious note, come on, could the guy sound any more lame?

It’s just Sol’s way of ridiculing that which he doesn’t want to debate.

It’s just Sol’s way of ridiculing that which he doesn’t want to debate.

Balls, there's nothing to debate. Presidents spend spend spend, and talk talk talk about cutting. People get all outraged and talk about wanting spending cuts, until their program(s) get(s) cut, at which point they can be outraged about that. We're either borrowing and spending to finance wars or borrowing and spending to bounce out of the recession the previous borrowing and spending brought on. So I'll just be outraged about it...until the democRAT is out of office...then I'll clam up about it...so I can fit in better around here.

holy crap. every time this guy opens his mouth he gets closer and closer to a single-term presidency...it's simply amazing....

I'm with Sol (Scalia to my humble Thomas) on this and I doubt that any president who attempts to take a national problem seriously will win a second term until the tenor of our politics is very different.

The discussion about spending cuts if outrageous enough, but did you hear what he said about the objections to Kagan?

"Pretty thin gruel." Can you believe that shit? Holy hell, what'll he say next?

I'm with Sol (Scalia to my humble Thomas) on this and I doubt that any president who attempts to take a national problem seriously will win a second term until the tenor of our politics is very different.

Well this president just tells us he will get serious....next year.

strawman.jpg

Whether or not you agree with the goal, the strategy, or the tactics, he got serious about rescuing the economy and health care, which should be enough to wipe out his political prospects completely. If he gets serious about the deficit next year or the year after, he will join Hitler, Stalin, and Jimmy Carter on the very Rushmore of opprobrium.

strawman.jpg

"People should learn that lesson about me because next year when I start presenting some very difficult choices to the country" BHO

The November elections will have a lot to do with what Obama even proposes next year, much less accomplishes. If the Dems take a beating, all bets are off.

I won't be voting for any democRATS in November (Incumbent rep (D) is a pussy who abstained from voting on a tough issue; would-be Senator (D) is too inexperienced for the job), and the GOP hasn't given me any alternatives other than a couple of clowns pandering to the Tea People, who jabber about cutting spending, but don't give any clues as to what they have in mind to make it happen. So I am left voting for Floridians to represent Florida. What a concept.

strawman.jpg

"People should learn that lesson about me because next year when I start presenting some very difficult choices to the country" BHO

Yup. Thank you for making my point. Now about that cite with him saying that he's going to get serious next year....

didn't know he wuz irish....

The November elections will have a lot to do with what Obama even proposes next year, much less accomplishes. If the Dems take a beating, all bets are off.

I won't be voting for any democRATS in November (Incumbent rep (D) is a pussy who abstained from voting on a tough issue; would-be Senator (D) is too inexperienced for the job), and the GOP hasn't given me any alternatives other than a couple of clowns pandering to the Tea People, who jabber about cutting spending, but don't give any clues as to what they have in mind to make it happen. So I am left voting for Floridians to represent Florida. What a concept.

So in a nut shell they support Obama's plans for next year. Sounds like you should be voting them in so someone in Congress will support the President 2011 agenda.

I'm kinda with Sol and Moe on this one.... its hard to be outraged about a president saying he will take on spending, even if its next year. Because at least now we have something to hold him to and I'll reserve my outrage for when and if he doesn't follow through.

The REAL interesting thing will be if the GOP gains enough seats to get a majority or at least parity back.... will they support Obama's plan to cut spending? Will they even push Obama to cut spending? I'm not hopeful given their track record, because its easy to say "cut, cut, cut" when you're in the minority and have nothing to lose - but will they stick to their conservative tea party values when they get handed the checkbook?

You guys and your outrage. I started this post because I found the statement of calling his detractor's bluff, simply amusing, on the verge of hilarity. Same as this; "The president said Sunday that pay-as-you-go rules which became law in February of this year are “starting to provide budget discipline to Congress.”" -Jon Ward, Daily Caller

The guy is so freakin' out of touch with real Americans, every time he has a press conference, he sticks his foot in his mouth about something.

You guys and your outrage. I started this post because I found the statement of calling his detractor's bluff, simply amusing, on the verge of hilarity. Same as this; "The president said Sunday that pay-as-you-go rules which became law in February of this year are “starting to provide budget discipline to Congress.”" -Jon Ward, Daily Caller

The guy is so freakin' out of touch with real Americans, every time he has a press conference, he sticks his foot in his mouth about something.

Sorry, I'm still not getting it. What meaningful spending have the R's proposed cutting that somehow makes you think they aren't bluffing? They key word there is "meaningful." The Department of Education, the EPA, foreign aid, and HUD don't count.

Someone posted this graph not too long ago. It points out pretty clearly that "real Americans" are alarmingly out of touch with reality when it comes to cutting spending:

budgetpoll-thumb.png

We know from the healthcare debacle that any attempt to cut Medicare will result in the R's running national ad's decrying the Dem's for being insensitive to the plight of senior citizens. I'm sure any attempt to reign in military spending will result in R's going after Obama for not keeping America safe and conspiring to let the terrorists win.

Even when the Department of Defense wants to cut IT'S OWN BUDGET, the R's insist on more spending: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/23858.html

So, in short, please direct me to one instance of the R's proposing something that seriously reduces spending.

Jimmy Obama.

Sure...he's going to do it next year. Does anyone still believe this man?

Just as soon as he closes Gitmo and caps unemployment below 8%.

When unemployment rises above 8%, he should immediately cut off the funding for it.

Sorry, I'm still not getting it. What meaningful spending have the R's proposed cutting that somehow makes you think they aren't bluffing? They key word there is "meaningful." The Department of Education, the EPA, foreign aid, and HUD don't count.

Someone posted this graph not too long ago. It points out pretty clearly that "real Americans" are alarmingly out of touch with reality when it comes to cutting spending:

budgetpoll-thumb.png

We know from the healthcare debacle that any attempt to cut Medicare will result in the R's running national ad's decrying the Dem's for being insensitive to the plight of senior citizens. I'm sure any attempt to reign in military spending will result in R's going after Obama for not keeping America safe and conspiring to let the terrorists win.

Even when the Department of Defense wants to cut IT'S OWN BUDGET, the R's insist on more spending: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/23858.html

So, in short, please direct me to one instance of the R's proposing something that seriously reduces spending.

Why is this a Republican thing? He has many detractors. Independents, far left Liberals, Army Generals, Most of the European Union, Chavez, Lula, Krugman, Ariana, the list is building. In the pursuit of his so called "pragmatic" administration, instead of working with all sides to solve the nation's problems, he has chosen to follow the course of short term one sided goals to further his collective agenda, that only helps the hapless, as opposed to the helpless. But to answer your question, here is an instance of a Republican proposition: Repeal Obamacare and start over with free-market solutions.

I'm trying, but I'm still having a really hard time finding what he said that ended up being a foot in mouth event.

look at this chart (set at 2000 - 2015) the damage is done now he wants to tackle it? He and the Democratic controlled congress(2006)fucking spent/budgeted the money now he wants to get it under control?

My link

I'm trying, but I'm still having a really hard time finding what he said that ended up being a foot in mouth event.

well, the issue is that his threat rings hollow, and beyond that he lacks really any credibility along these lines. so far he has shown little real initiative beyond the desire to ride Congress's coat-tails for the "stimulus" bill, or the "health care reform" legislation. neither one of which were competent pieces of work.

he lacks the political courage to plug on the ~ 60B dollar a year sucking chest wound on the budget going on in afghanistan, and whatever we are still spending in iraq. two out of control cost drivers he could address like, right fucking now....

he makes a case for "tough decisions" and yet he rolls out a US backed VC fund in for muslims in the middle east, the location of some of the largest sovereign funds on the planet...and he continues a multi-billion dollar aid package to the pakis even though a big chunk of that is being deployed against us through the isi in afghnaistan...the list goes on and on here....

long story short, don't hold your breath for real fed gov fiscal reform next year. the speech for the G20 was the typical bull shit political kabuki. and i'm thinking a lot more people out in the electorate are seeing through his shtick than when the slick marketing campaign b.s. was going on during the lead-up to the election....

Archived