Coming from the Airport today......

flaps15

Interesting, cause GF said the trash was picked up this morning.

I'm thinkin' the waste management guys are probably union. I was under the impression Monday wasn't a holiday.

I'm thinkin' the waste management guys are probably union. I was under the impression Monday wasn't a holiday.

Post office off today too no mail,

It is here. Everything is closed.....

Guess I was mistaken, never mind.

Cannot let people miss a holiday when one falls on a weekend, now, can we? FWIW, our office is open....

633780188444042310-DONTBEADUNCE.jpg

Not sure what you're attempting to Say...lrbouy. But the Bull Gaytor post is a few more down the screen. Apparently some blather about poultry and Jews.

Cannot let people miss a holiday when one falls on a weekend, now, can we? FWIW, our office is open....

Doesn't seem that long ago when everything closed for National holidays, you couldn't even find a gas station or grocery store open, today its quite the opposite. So what changed? respect for the holiday, or love of the dollar?

Doesn't seem that long ago when everything closed for National holidays, you couldn't even find a gas station or grocery store open, today its quite the opposite. So what changed? respect for the holiday, or love of the dollar?

The inability of the consumer to plan ahead. With the rise of the 24 hour store, went our ability to look 2 days ahead and buy what we need. A friend of mine once pointed out that in parts of Europe you can't buy a roll of film during certain afternoon hours because businesses close for lunch, but you can buy a complete camera outfit at 4 in the morning in the US and people get pissed off if they can't.

Advent of the ATM machine changed a lot of buying habits.

I used to work in a grocery store on Thanksgiving day...and there's always the customers saying "it's a shame you have to work today".

My unsaid thought was, if you'd fucking learn how to make a list and get all this shit yeaterday I wouldn't have to work today.

Though the triple-time was nice.

That is one funny site...............flipping through a few pages I found this and wondered, what the F a person who would put these on their car, looks like?

172.jpg

I cannot even imagine being a parent of elementary school age children, pulling up behind that auto at a redlight.

That is one funny site...............flipping through a few pages I found this and wondered, what the F a person who would put these on their car, looks like?

172.jpg

I cannot even imagine being a parent of elementary school age children, pulling up behind that auto at a redlight.

It's the "Watch for Motorcycles" sticker that tips the scale, innit?

Edit, judging from the orange ball in the middle of that fuzzed out license plate, I'm guessing that this one is one of ours...yup...Florida. So Proud.

172.jpg

It's the "Watch for Motorcycles" sticker that tips the scale, innit?

Edit, judging from the orange ball in the middle of that fuzzed out license plate, I'm guessing that this one is one of ours...yup...Florida. So Proud.

Wait for it.

Yeah, and if you got stuck in a monster traffic jam because of highway construction done on one of the busiest travel days of the year you'd be bitching about how dumb that was.

I used to work for a highway department (non-union)- we worked 4 10 hour days, starting at 6 AM. We got a 15 minute break at 9 AM, after three hours of work. At first we took it at the side of the road, wherever we happened to be. But then too many commuters bitched about seeing us leaning against shovels every day. So then we had to go back to the shop to take our break. Travel time included, our 15 minute break now often took over 45 minutes of paid time. But at least people quit complaining about seeing idle workers.

I used to work in a grocery store on Thanksgiving day...and there's always the customers saying "it's a shame you have to work today".

My unsaid thought was, if you'd fucking learn how to make a list and get all this shit yeaterday I wouldn't have to work today.

Though the triple-time was nice.

Musta had a powerful union....Of course those who hate unions probably refused the extra dough

stimsigns.jpg

But no one was working. WTF? Propaganda?

I saw several of these signs while I was down in Puerto Rico. I didn't know that PR was part of America....

In St. Thomas to.

Spending tax money to tell us they are spending tax money wisely! Priceless

It has always been thus. In my state, one can tell the age of structures by which governor's name is on the sign.

Archived