what is it?

Editor

Something a bit different for you know-it-alls, perhaps? The winner gets a brand new Camet Code Zip Performance Shirt

A black hole in the water...

Something a bit different for you know-it-alls, perhaps? The winner gets a brand new Camet Code Zip Performance Shirt

DCs Fame, getting ready to go into the water at koehler kraft in sd.. easy.. next question. oh yeah, he'll campaign it for a bit state side, take it to europe and sell it.

i hate you all, the one time i actually have an idea of what it is like 8 people post it before me.

BB Crowninshield-designed gaff schooner Fame, for the 12309832 time

2 minutes late, and a camet shirt, short...or something like that. Fame is a very cool boat - glad that DC picked her up and did a nice job. She was on the "Save a Classic" page in Woodenboat magazine not that long ago.

Say what you will about Dennis, he's a class act in my book for saving this beauty. Way to go Dennis!

A boat with her own facebook page:

http://www.facebook....108310942531432

When did Dennis buy her, and how much work has been done? Thread on WB mentions that planking, frames & deck all needed completely renewing. Big job done quickly if so!

"Lots" mostly to make her stiff and fast - (Fast is Pretty)

what does PHRF give you for a 100 year old boat laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Looks like she got som more chopping after the photo was submitted - like some of the keel and © info mad.gif

FAMESplash1.jpg

When did Dennis buy her, and how much work has been done? Thread on WB mentions that planking, frames & deck all needed completely renewing. Big job done quickly if so!

what does PHRF give you for a 100 year old boat laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Looks like she got som more chopping after the photo was submitted - like some of the keel and © info mad.gif

FAMESplash1.jpg

Hey Woody,,,what the hell man, is that fog?

I thought it was sunny 24/7 in San Diego.

what does PHRF give you for a 100 year old boat laugh.gif

FAMESplash1.jpg

Hey Woody,,,what the hell man, is that fog?

I thought it was sunny 24/7 in San Diego.

Late "June Gloom"

it's the bye product of the Imperial Vally (and most of the US) Heating up like an Oven

We Get coastal "AC" For FREE

Warm/Hot-Dry Winters and Cool Summers = DAGO

when you *others start to freeze and pull yer *their rides for the Winter - We start our Firs Season followed by the Mud Season cool.gif

weird eh blink.gif

OTL starts SAT - I need SunShine !!!!!!!!!

*fixed you crazy MoFo's don't know any better and sail all year too

DCs Fame, getting ready to go into the water at koehler kraft in sd.. easy.. next question. oh yeah, he'll campaign it for a bit state side, take it to europe and sell it.

what you said....photo by da woody, btw.

Yes, this is The Schooner Fame which has recently been restored by Dennis Conner at Kohler Kraft Boatyard in San Diego! She arrived in San Diego on March 17 and has had a full restoration in just over 3 months! Her 100th birthday is this weekend and she is looking better than ever!

Please check out her Facebook Page titled "The Schooner Fame" for photos, updates, etc.

Archived