How can you not like this guy?

flaps15

"Obama’s aides believe confidence in the general direction of White House policy has an effect on the willingness of corporations to hire, invest and push the economy toward a more solid recovery." Ya think?

"Obama’s aides believe confidence in the general direction of White House policy has an effect on the willingness of corporations to hire, invest and push the economy toward a more solid recovery." Ya think?

If the Democrats would just end the uncertainties, employment might grow. But with owners uncertain what taxes, fees, health costs etc they will face in the next couple years they prefer wait and see.

Obamam could also stop blaming everyone and everything else and admit he makes mistakes.. Just today he said

During the interview Wednesday, when confronted with the anxiety that some Israelis feel toward him, Obama said that "some of it may just be the fact that my middle name is Hussein, and that creates suspicion."

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/obama-israelis-suspicious-of-me-because-my-middle-name-is-hussein-1.300793

An interesting WSJ report today showed decline in the US rather than the recovery and growth ongoing elsewhere in the world ,--S America in particular .

another article of interest

Lack of jobs increasingly blamed on uncertainty created by Obama’s policies

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/06/lack-of-jobs-increasingly-blamed-on-uncertainty-created-by-obamas-policies/#ixzz0tJbUtq8I

and a readers comment

UPDATE: A reader emails:

I am an instructor in a technical school. It puts me in good position to stay close with my industry (auto service). Each year I am on a job hunt for up to fifty students, and you can bet I keep close tabs on what local employers are thinking.

The past two years, but this year especially, the single most common thought passed on by employers has

been “I’m not sure I want to hire anyone right now, until we know what’s going to happen with taxes and medical coverage”. This is understandable, as these two items make up huge parts of a business’s outgoing spending. Not knowing what they will be nailed with, a LOT of small employers are taking the only safe road. They are putting expansion and hiring plans on hold, till the business environment regains some sanity.

I think they may have a long wait, and signs indicate that’s exactly what local employers are expecting.

Ugh. Yeah, that matches up with what I’m hearing, too.

MORE: Reader David Moynihan emails:

You ain’t kidding about business uncertainty.

I’m a not-as-small publisher these days. Kindle+ Amazon ending its 5-year practice of burying all my titles in search results have sent sales skyrocketing, tripling last year and up around 80% this year (that’s up from Xmas, and before things like 70% royalty agreements from Apple+Amazon take effect this month).

Foreign rights alone (I print books in the UK+EU) are sufficient for me to hire somebody just to kind of wander around NY, drop off proofs* to local indie stores, run my twitter+facebook ‘n such. Recent college grad would kill for this. And I cannot pull the trigger, ‘cuz I have no idea what the future holds.

Instead, I’m commissioning translations and works for hire from established “names” in the field of smutty books, and I may hire an editor from New Zealand or Australia to do anthologies. The people I’m commissioning from are OK with it, but I’m not exactly serving the youth of America, many of whom are offering to work for me for free (a common industry practice I don’t approve of.)

*By proofs, I mean for my three non-smut imprints, which do make money, but of course I’ve been audited and will be again, so it’s like I’m running six separate lines of business. From my basement.

I hear a lot of things like this. It’s a job or two here and there, but across the country it adds up to a lot of jobs not being created.

We're fucked, get used to it. With GWB racking up $10T in his two (illegal) terms, how can we NOT be in the shitter? Just saying....the truth...

Why do you keep looking backward?

Now is the time those who consider themselves "conservative" to rediscover their fiscal prudence.

We're fucked, get used to it. With GWB racking up $10T in his two (illegal) terms, how can we NOT be in the shitter? Just saying....the truth...

Now is the time those who consider themselves "conservative" to rediscover their fiscal prudence.

Exactly. We can't allow thoes who don't believe in it to continue their distructive spending.

Exactly. We can't allow thoes who don't believe in it to continue their distructive spending.

What about those who didn't "believe in it" when their team held the WH and Congress, but now suddenly seem to want to practice fiscal responsibility. Does that make them "flip-floppers"?

What about those who didn't "believe in it" when their team held the WH and Congress, but now suddenly seem to want to practice fiscal responsibility. Does that make them "flip-floppers"?

Hey...Better late than never.

Hey...Better late than never.

I have always heard and agreed with the follow-up to that statement - "Better never late." It will be interesting to watch what happens when the GOP assumes control, whenever that may be. Will they continue with their newly rediscovered fiscal restaint or will they go back to their more recent incarnation of being the other party that irresponsibly spends us into oblivion?

I have always heard and agreed with the follow-up to that statement - "Better never late." It will be interesting to watch what happens when the GOP assumes control, whenever that may be. Will they continue with their newly rediscovered fiscal restaint or will they go back to their more recent incarnation of being the other party that irresponsibly spends us into oblivion?

Agreed

Archived